Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
3 in 1 DVRs have become a real hit in the last 5 years. The idea to combine 3 devices in one case at once found a response from those who do not want to spend a lot of money on purchasing each item separately. These devices have one big plus: they do not clutter up the front panel and glass, thereby not interfering with the overview of the situation on the road. Keep in mind, however, that versatile items (especially inexpensive ones) are rarely good at all their functions.
As part of this rating, the team of the magazine, together with the analysts of the service https://rankquality.com/, selected the 12 best video recorders 3 in 1. The following parameters were used as the selection criteria for goods:
- the quality of the main function (video shooting);
- quality of auxiliary functions;
- performance and reliability of the main structural elements;
- price tag;
- comparison of additional factors (supported memory size, battery capacity, etc.)
- How to Pick a Good 3 in 1 DVR
- DVR rating 3 in 1
- Roadgid X7 Gibrid GT (GPS, GLONASS)
- SilverStone F1 Hybrid X-Driver (GPS)
- Mio MiVue i85 (GPS)
- Artway MD-109 Signature 5 in 1 Dual (GPS)
- Neoline X-COP 9100s (GPS, GLONASS)
- RECXON Ultra Signature (GPS, GLONASS)
- SHO-ME Combo Smart Signature (GPS, GLONASS)
- Intego VX-685MR (GPS)
- Cenmax Signature Alfa (GPS)
- Artway MD-104 Combo 3 in 1 Super Fast (GPS)
- Inspector Cayman S (GPS)
- Artway MD-161 Combo 3 in 1 (GPS)
How to Pick a Good 3 in 1 DVR
When choosing a 3-in-1 DVR, there are many features and parameters that ordinary users may not even guess about. Therefore, in order to choose a quality product, we recommend paying attention to the following aspects:
- Lens. The cheaper the dash cam, the less information you will find about the lens installed. And the more likely its lenses are made of polymer. This is not bad, but the amount of aberration and image distortion in such models will be greater than in devices with glass lenses. What's more, polymer lenses turn yellow as they age, reducing video quality even further. Therefore, the best choice is DVRs with a glass lens.
- Matrix. The element of the camera that is responsible for the detail of the picture. We strongly recommend considering devices with matrices from 2 megapixels, because only from this value you can get a detailed frame.
- CPU. Perhaps the most important element in the design of a DVR. The resolution of the received frames depends on it. Remember a simple thing: the best devices are based on Ambarella A7L chips.
- DVR type. In fact, type means execution. You probably know that many devices are made in the form of a rear-view mirror. They are convenient to use, however, if you do not know how to navigate by side mirrors or do not have a rear view camera, then this option will not work for you. In this case, it is better to choose the classic version in a separate box-case. Choose them according to the type of attachment: on a magnet, on a bracket or Velcro. Also pay attention to the packaging. Perhaps it makes sense to buy a dual camera model?
- Supported memory size. If your DVR is capable of shooting at resolution Full HD and higher, then it makes sense to look at Micro SD with memory of 128 GB or more. The processing and writing speed will be sufficient to work effectively with such volumes. If you prefer to shoot in HD format, then choose cards with 32-64 GB.
- Night shooting mode. A very important and very useful thing for those who often move around the city or highway at night. Please note that not all devices are capable of providing a decent quality of night photography. In this case, the most acceptable choice will be the choice of DVRs with a matrix of 4 megapixels and higher.
- Motion sensor, G-sensor. The need for these sensitive elements in modern recorders is not even discussed. The G-sensor, or shock sensor, reacts to a blow to the body of the car and automatically starts recording, or takes a series of pictures and sends them to the user's mailbox (in more expensive devices with a wi-fi module). The motion sensor detects movement in the image capture area and also activates the camera.
- Support for GPS, GLONASS systems. Standard function of combination devices. In most cases, 3 in 1 recorders only have a GPS module. Those models that provide communication with the GLONASS satellite system are slightly more expensive. We recommend that you choose the models that support both of these systems.
- Radar detector function. There is one unspoken rule here: a universal object cannot be good at everything at once. Usually, if the DVR has a good radar detector, then the quality of the shooting is at a low level. The same procedure applies and vice versa. It is dangerous to give recommendations here, since the quality of this function varies greatly from model to model. However, if your budget is limited, take a look at those inexpensive options that are detected by the main radar systems such as Strelka, Cordon, Avtodoria, Robot, etc.
DVR rating 3 in 1
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|DVR rating 3 in 1||1||Roadgid X7 Gibrid GT (GPS, GLONASS)||11 450 RUB|
|2||SilverStone F1 Hybrid X-Driver (GPS)||RUB 12,990|
|3||Mio MiVue i85 (GPS)||RUB 9,030|
|4||Artway MD-109 Signature 5 in 1 Dual (GPS)||RUB 8,690|
|5||Neoline X-COP 9100s (GPS, GLONASS)||RUB 19,990|
|6||RECXON Ultra Signature (GPS, GLONASS)||RUB 8,990|
|7||SHO-ME Combo Smart Signature (GPS, GLONASS)||RUB 9,590|
|8||Intego VX-685MR (GPS)||RUB 8,340|
|9||Cenmax Signature Alfa (GPS)||RUB 10,900|
|10||Artway MD-104 Combo 3 in 1 Super Fast (GPS)||RUB 6,190|
|11||Inspector Cayman S (GPS)||RUB 10,400|
|12||Artway MD-161 Combo 3 in 1 (GPS)||6 400 rub.|
Roadgid X7 Gibrid GT (GPS, GLONASS)
The leader of the rating is the powerful 3 in 1 Roadgid X7 Gibrid GT DVR. Its design includes the most optimal Ambarella A7LA50 processor, working with the already familiar improved OmniVision4689 5-megapixel matrix. A consistently high level of recording quality is beyond doubt: 2304×1296 pixels with a frequency of 30 frames and a viewing angle of 170 degrees simply cannot be considered insufficient. However, there is no photo mode like the SilverStone F1 Hybrid X-Driver. But there is a lot of other things.
For example, the ability to operate a laser locator at 360 degrees. With only one caveat: the X and K bands can still only work “head-on”. The device has a 240 mAh lithium-polonium battery as a battery. It provides more optimal energy consumption for work. The model also supports 128 GB flash cards, which is much better and more suitable for a camera of this level.
- optimal processor / matrix set;
- high quality video shooting;
- selection of experts;
- Supports 128 GB flash drives;
- user-friendly display and intuitive control interface.
- lack of shooting mode;
- operation of the main radar ranges by 180 degrees.
SilverStone F1 Hybrid X-Driver (GPS)
The second place of this device is due to the use of a lower quality processor than in the model from Roadgid. The installed MSTAR AIT8339 is complemented by an optimal 4-megapixel OmniVision OV4689 sensor, which allows you to shoot video in SuperHD resolution at 30 frames per second. In this case, the angle of view of the lens is only 145 degrees.
In terms of detecting radar systems, SilverStone F1 performs well, but it works only “head-on”, 180 degrees. It catches signals from all current radars (in the X, K, Ka, La range), and also warns about lane control cameras and stop lines. The nuances include support for 64GB micro SDHC and the cost, which is 10% higher than the Roadgid X7 Gibrid GT.
- user choice # 1;
- shoots video in SuperHD resolution;
- effective radar detector;
- nice appearance and the presence of a bracket for mounting;
- there is a photography mode;
- high degree of reliability.
- support for micro-flash drives up to 64 GB;
- the action of the radar is only “head-on”.
Mio MiVue i85 (GPS)
What caused the popularity of the Mio MiVue i85 recorder remains a big mystery. Perhaps it's all about the elegant design along with the acceptable video recording quality. The device is based on the use of a little-known matrix SOI F22, which, together with the chipset, allows you to shoot cyclic videos in resolution Full HD, as well as take pictures at the moment of impact or reaction of the motion sensor. There is also a night mode of operation, suitable for driving at dusk. The lens has a viewing angle of 150 degrees.
The radar detector in the Mio MiVue i85 operates in the X, K, Ka, Xa bands and is capable of detecting the Strelka complex at a distance of up to 1 kilometer. In general, its capacity is sufficient for quiet traffic both inside and outside the city. However, one should take into account the lack of work in the back. The maximum size of a memory card that can be inserted into the device is 128 GB. The rest should be noted the presence of a full-fledged GPS-navigator and backlight.
- nice design;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- the presence of a GPS navigator;
- improved night mode.
- the radar only works 180 degrees;
- narrow range of operating temperatures (from -10 to +60 degrees Celsius).
Artway MD-109 Signature 5 in 1 Dual (GPS)
Another representative of the Artway company, which has an additional parking camera in the kit. It differs from competitors in its laconic, compact appearance and extremely simple interface, which is very useful for the mass consumer. The camera's viewing angle is 170 degrees, and the videos obtained with it have a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second. There is an improved Super Night Vision mode, which is provided by an additional infrared light source.
As for the radar detection functions, Artway MD-109 Signature copes with this component very well. It is capable of detecting up to 15 complexes, as well as all cameras for monitoring stop lines, lanes, etc. Their detection range is about 1.5 kilometers. The signal intensity when entering the city can be reduced by switching the operating mode to the appropriate profile, otherwise the sensitive sensor (superheterodyne) will literally go crazy. The device is very good for its money, but it still does not pull at the level of the segment leader: there are too many nuances related to work, such as 32 GB of supported memory and 100 mAh battery charge.
- the set includes a waterproof parking assist camera;
- high quality video recording, night mode;
- detection of all control cameras and speed measurement complexes at a distance of up to 1.5 kilometers;
- availability of a GPS tracker with updated software and maps.
- weak battery;
- support for only 32 GB of memory (with an additional camera).
Neoline X-COP 9100s (GPS, GLONASS)
An expensive video recorder on the Ambarella A7LA30 chip with Sony Exmor IMX322 matrix. Despite the fact that the camera's resolution is only 1.3 megapixels, the quality of the device's shooting is quite high. The 6-lens lens has a viewing angle of 135 degrees. The combined radar detector is capable of capturing signals from 12 complexes at a distance of up to 900 meters.
Below we talked about the fact that radar detectors with similar functionality are weak, but with Neoline X-COP 9100s the situation is a little different. Firstly, it works at 360 degrees, that is, it can detect a radiation source in the back. Secondly, the device does not give “misfires”: all active radar complexes, including those that are not marked on the map (mobile), are determined. Of course, the rest of the X-COP 9100s is a rather conservative gadget: a 220 mAh battery, an adhesive tape mount and support for up to 128 GB of memory are in no way combined with the market leadership. Therefore, only the fifth place.
- high quality shooting, night mode;
- continuous recording function;
- 2 slots for a memory card;
- good work of the built-in radar detector;
- availability of GPS and GLONASS modules.
- low capacity battery;
- high price.
RECXON Ultra Signature (GPS, GLONASS)
The preference between the SHO-ME and RECXON models among users is divided almost equally. However, we put the last recorder higher in the rating due to the banal gain in the quality of shooting. It is based on the Ambarella A7LA50 processor, which is complemented by the same 4-megapixel OmniVision OV4689 sensor and 6-element lens. The power of the new chipset will increase the recording resolution to SuperHD, as well as expand the viewing angle to 170 degrees.
As for the radar detector, in RECXON Ultra Signature it also does not shine with its abilities, detecting only 10 complexes from a distance of 500-700 meters. The device accepts flash drives up to 128 gigs and has a small 280 mAh battery. Yes, and it is also about a third cheaper than its previous competitor.
- acceptable price;
- high quality shooting;
- wide lens viewing angle and night mode;
- support for GLONASS and GPS systems;
- simple and intuitive interface.
- short detection range of radars.
SHO-ME Combo Smart Signature (GPS, GLONASS)
The first representative of the rating in which the support of the GLONASS system appears. It is based on the Ambarella A12A chipset and the 4-megapixel OmniVision 4689 matrix, which shoots in Full HD resolution at 30 frames per second. Finally, an adequate night shooting mode appears in the DVR, in which you can make out both the car number and other small nuances even in the dark. In general, this is one of the main advantages of this camera.
We ask you to remember one small detail: if the device has several functions at once, then everything will not work well for you right away. Otherwise, its cost would have skyrocketed many times over. The same thing here: SHO-ME Combo Smart Signature has a good basic function, but it does not perform well as a radar detector. Only 8 detectable complexes, no work in the back and 1 kilometer of detection range. If you are in pursuit of the quality of everything at once, then pay attention to the models higher in the rating or purchase gadgets separately.
- presence of a GLONASS and GPS tracker;
- high quality night shooting;
- fast work of the video recorder;
- nice design.
- frankly weak anti-radar.
Intego VX-685MR (GPS)
Another representative of the rating is in the form of a rear-view mirror, which contains a radar detector and a GPS tracker. The resolution of the built-in CMOS-matrix is 2 megapixels, and the resulting video file has the following quality indicators: 1920 x 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second. The viewing angle of the main camera is 160 degrees. However, as you already understood, there is another remote camera in the configuration, which can be deployed into the salon or extended to the rear window.
The 5-inch display of Intego VX-685MR is perfectly visible and allows you to see the details of the recording on the go. The built-in radar detector, in general, does not appear in the descriptions of official dealers, therefore, we can conclude that it is only inside for beauty. Although, let's give it credit, sometimes he really helps out. For the rest, there is nothing to highlight: we have listed all the key features of the model above.
- the presence of a second camera in the kit;
- the viewing angle of the main camera is 160 degrees;
- wide display (diagonal 5 inches);
- nice design.
- weak radar detector.
Cenmax Signature Alfa (GPS)
A product made by Akasa, which shows excellent results in terms of working with video. The maximum recording resolution here is 1920 x 1080 pixels, but the picture is even better than in the Artway MD-104 SuperHD device. Perhaps this is the result of painstaking work on aspects of shooting, rather than on the functions of a radar detector. Video processing is handled by the built-in Ambarella A12A20 processor. The OmniVision OV4689 sensor contributes equally to the overall performance.
As we said above, the work of the radar detector in the Cenmax Signature Alfa is not the strongest point. The device database contains information about 13 complexes. Their detection range is 1000 meters, and the angle is only 180 degrees. That is, the sensing element does not work “in the back”. But the model has a very good 370 mAh battery and microSD support up to 256 GB. None of the previous models can do this.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- good picture when recording video;
- reads 256 GB flash drives.
- the radar detector does not work in the back;
- there is no shock sensor.
Artway MD-104 Combo 3 in 1 Super Fast (GPS)
This device focuses not on the function of the DVR, but on the ability to detect radars. In this regard, it would be more correct to call it a combined radar detector. Artway's official specification states that the MD-104 can detect 26 (!) Radar complexes at a distance of up to 1500 meters. This is one of the best results in our ranking.
As for the video recording function, we have the following inputs: a viewing angle of 140 degrees, a resolution of 2304×1296 pixels, a frequency of 30 frames per second, as well as the MOV format of the source file. All this splendor is accompanied by a weak 100 mAh battery, the presence of a mounting bracket on a suction cup and a standard set of sensors that are triggered by impact and movement in the frame.
- 26 detectable radar complexes;
- SuperHD-quality recording;
- the presence of a G-sensor and a motion sensor;
- bracket mount included.
- short battery life.
Inspector Cayman S (GPS)
On line 11 is the Inspector Cayman S universal video recorder, which is positioned as the best device in the middle price segment. The camera has a viewing angle of 130 degrees, and the video quality corresponds to the format Full HD. Like many representatives of the middle segment, the matrix is not intended for high-quality shooting at night, although the specification indicates the presence of a night mode.
As in the case of Artway MD-161, this recorder can work as a radar detector. The discovery of 13 radar systems has been officially announced, including the ill-fated Strelka, which many motorists are so afraid of. Other features of the model include the presence of shock and motion sensors, the possibility of cyclic recording at intervals of 1, 3 and 5 minutes, as well as a convenient GPS tracker. Unfortunately, the 2.4-inch screen will not let you see the route in detail, so you need to connect a voice alert.
- wide enough viewing angle without picture distortion;
- shooting in a resolution of 1920×1080 at 30 frames per second;
- determination of the most popular radar systems on Russian roads;
- many additional functions (stamp on numbers, various sensors, etc.).
- the declared night shooting mode works disgusting;
- there are many discrepancies in the specifications of the official dealers of the device.
Artway MD-161 Combo 3 in 1 (GPS)
Combined video recorder with GPS and radar detector built into the rearview mirror. It is in high demand in the Russian market due to its relatively low price and advanced functionality. A 2-megapixel CMOS sensor is responsible for shooting video, which works well in natural light, but cannot function normally at night. Video is recorded in resolution Full HD at 25 frames per second.
As for the functions of the radar detector, it is worth highlighting the identifier of 16 radar complexes, including such rare ones as “Traffipax Speedophot”, “Ramet A9T” and “Multanova 6F”. The detector operates in 4 configurable bands: K, Ka, X and Ultra-X. The detection range of sensors in good condition is 1500 meters. It is also worth noting the presence of a 500 mAh battery, a G-sensor and a motion sensor. In general, everything you need for little money.
- acceptable price;
- the ability to record video in Full HD;
- universal radar detector available;
- there are shock and motion sensors in the frame.
- complex anti-radar settings;
- inconsistency of the instructions in the user settings of the DVR.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.