Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Polishers work with cotton or wool discs and are used to remove the smallest layer of paintwork. Thanks to them, you can refresh the car body, make a small scratch invisible, and add shine. Other areas of application are woodworking and stone polishing. We have prepared a rating of the best polishing machines based on product characteristics and customer reviews. This will help you to correctly choose the device for your own needs or professional activities.
- How to choose a polishing machine
- Rating of the best polishing machines
- Flex PE 14-2 150
- AEG PE 150
- Makita 9237CB
- DeWALT DWP849X
- Makita PV7000C
- Interskol UPM-180 / 1300EM
- ZUBR ZPM-1300E
- ELITECH MP 1418E
- Sturm AG919CP
- Status PA180M
- ZUBR ZPM-240
How to choose a polishing machine
To choose a polishing machine correctly, you need to understand its main characteristics:
- Tool class. There are amateur (household), semi-professional and professional. The class affects the cost – the higher the level, the more expensive the device. But a professional polishing machine will last much longer, despite everyday use.
- Engine power. This parameter ranges from 400 to 1500 W. The higher the indicator, the faster the tool rotates, the better the surface is polished.
- Diameter of installed discs. The polishing machine can be fitted with discs from 120 to 240 mm, depending on the shape of the housing and the gearbox. For polishing large, flat surfaces, large diameter tooling comes in handy to increase productivity and reduce surface pressure. To work with difficult terrain and a large number of bends, it is better to choose discs 125, 150 or 180 mm in diameter.
- Machine shape. Configuration affects usability. There are corner machines (like a grinder), straight (like a drill) and straight ones with two handles.
- Tool weight. The weight of the device varies from 2 to 5 kg. This affects the fatigue of the hands during prolonged work and ease of transportation.
- Speed. The number of revolutions depends on the power of the motor. The value can be from 400 to 4200 rpm, which affects the speed of work and the quality of the surface.
- Functions of the device. The various functions that the polishing machine can be equipped with affect the quality of processing and safety. Among such characteristics: regulation of the number of revolutions, maintaining a constant speed under load, protection of the engine from overheating.
- Equipment. A cable is supplied with the polisher, 2 to 5 meters long, which affects the operator's maneuverability and the need for carrying. There may also be a case that simplifies transportation.
Rating of the best polishing machines
Understanding the main selection criteria, consider the rating of the best polishing machines. There are assembled units of professional and household class, so it will be possible to choose the best option both for caring for your own car and for commercial activities.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best polishing machines||1||Flex PE 14-2 150||RUB 30 882|
|2||AEG PE 150||12 209 RUB|
|3||Makita 9237CB||RUB 15 849|
|4||DeWALT DWP849X||RUB 13,549|
|5||Makita PV7000C||RUB 17,499|
|6||Interskol UPM-180 / 1300EM||RUB 4,621|
|7||ZUBR ZPM-1300E||5 390 RUB|
|8||ELITECH MP 1418E||RUB 4,036|
|9||Sturm AG919CP||RUB 3,429|
|10||Status PA180M||RUB 4,500|
|11||ZUBR ZPM-240||RUB 1,725|
Flex PE 14-2 150
We placed German-made goods in the first place in the rating. The polisher is designed for discs with a diameter of 150 mm and has a power of 1400 W. With such a motor, it develops up to 2100 rpm, but if necessary, they can be lowered to 380 in order to delicately polish a difficult area. The tool is able to maintain a constant set speed, even if you push hard from above. The model weighs 2.3 kg, so it doesn't overload the hand. Masters unequivocally recommend this product for professional use in reviews. Many people like the soft start, allowing you to start without jerking.
We have put the polishing machine in the first place because of its excellent ergonomics. It has a narrow body with a 'waist' behind the gear. This helps a good grip and a firm grip on the instrument. The rubber nose serves as a second stop and provides precise guidance of the rig to the work area. When operated with one hand, the cover protects the gearbox from impacts, and the polished surface will not be scratched.
- 4 m cable for increased maneuverability in the workplace;
- there is a motor protection against overheating;
- quick attachment of attachments with Velcro;
- torque 32 Nm;
- power 1400 W.
- supplied in a cardboard box;
- no rubber pad on the main handle;
- high price;
- there is no possibility to screw on the second handle.
AEG PE 150
The second place in the rating belongs to the German model with a 150 mm disc. Here, the manufacturer managed to achieve more revs with less power. The polishing machine produces 2500 rpm at 1200 watts. There is an electronic regulation of rotation and maintaining a constant speed. The polishing machine weighs 2.1 kg. The platter is fixed to the M14 thread. To completely change it, you do not need a key – there is a spindle lock here. The equipment is fastened with Velcro. The design provides a second handle, which can be moved to either side. Masters in reviews praise the product for its low noise and ease of use for a long time.
We have put the polishing machine in the rating due to its safe operation and ease of maintenance. The motor transfers the voltage through the carbon brushes. If they are erased, the tool turns off automatically. To replace consumables, you do not have to disassemble the entire case – just unscrew the two hatches next to the main handle, which provide access to the brushes.
- revolutions at a maximum of 2500 per minute;
- engine overheating protection;
- cable 4 m;
- the rotation is electronically controlled and maintains a constant value under load;
- there is a second handle.
- sold in a paper box;
- there is no smooth start;
- inconvenient letter designation of revolutions.
The Japanese model from Makita entered the top three of our rating. The angle-type polishing machine from the professional series has a power of 1200 W and rotates the tooling in the range of 600-3200 rpm. Variable speed control and soft start increases working comfort. The tool can be fitted with discs with a diameter of 180 mm. Review users like the spindle lock and quick brush replacement. The set already comes with a polishing and grinding attachments attached with Velcro. The main handle is completely rubberized and does not slip even in hot weather. The spout of the machine is equipped with a protective pad that does not leave marks in case of collision with the workpiece. Here you can also fix the 'Start' button so as not to keep it constantly clamped during prolonged manipulations at the same speed.
Our experts liked the product for its low U-shaped auxiliary handle, for which it was included in the rating of the best. It makes it much easier to hold the polishing machine and guide it over a long surface. Unlike other models, the handle height is less, so the tool is suitable for hard-to-reach places.
- starts rotation smoothly;
- the maximum number of revolutions – 3200 per minute;
- easy access to brushes;
- there are filters in the ventilation system;
- fixing the start key.
- high price;
- large dimensions 43×19.8×18.7 cm;
- short wire 2.5 m;
- weight 3.4 kg.
The fourth model in the ranking belongs to an American brand. The device is traditionally made in black and yellow colors. The manufacturer did not regret the anti-slip pads, equipping them with the entire gearbox and two handles. The motor power is 1250 W. The platter is connected via an M14 thread. The network cable has a length of 3 m. There is a soft start in the characteristics, but in fact it is felt weakly – a small jerk is still present. In the reviews, the masters talk about the convenience of two handles (horizontal and arcuate), which expand the possibilities of holding the polishing machine. She is also praised for the accurate indication of the number of revolutions, signed on the wheel. In other models, this is prescribed in steps from 1 to 6 or in letters.
This ranked polisher is designed for a variety of professional applications. The model is completed with a 180 mm disc, but if necessary, it can be equipped with a 150 or 230 mm tooling in diameter. The tool also develops up to 3500 rpm, which contributes to the quick execution of work.
- polishing hood and sole have Velcro;
- two additional handles included;
- 3500 rpm;
- ergonomic shape;
- anti-slip pads.
- high price;
- weight 3 kg;
- large dimensions 48×13.5 cm;
- no overheating protection.
A straight grinder from a Japanese manufacturer entered the top five in the ranking. Makita equipped the tool with a 900 W motor, which produces from 600 to 2000 rpm. Stabilizing RPM under load prevents the tool from slowing down, so the operator can push or release pressure depending on production needs. The maximum disc diameter is 180 mm. If necessary, you can install a smaller tooling by replacing the base plate. The power button is locked, and the master's fingers can rest during long processes. The gearshift wheel is within the thumb reach. The L-shaped body is comfortable to hold and can be operated with one hand. A second handle is also attached here, which increases the pressure.
Our experts have placed the polishing machine in the rating because of the special switch. Thanks to him, you can sharply reduce the number of revolutions to a minimum or return them to their original, previously set value. This is important for working with different surfaces and optimizes the workflow.
- electronic speed control;
- light weight 2 kg;
- easy replacement of brushes;
- metal gearbox.
- high price;
- short cable 2.5 m;
- only 12 months warranty.
Interskol UPM-180 / 1300EM
The sixth position in the rating is taken by a domestic product. The polishing machine belongs to the semi-professional class. It is equipped with a 1300 W motor and can handle discs up to 180 mm in diameter. The all-metal gear case accelerates heat dissipation and does not heat up the tool. The equipment is fastened with Velcro. The model is equipped with a 4 m cable and has a soft start. Rotation is set with a wheel from above in the range of 400-2200 rpm. Users love the reviews of the case that protects the polishing disc from dust accumulation during transport or storage. Even on the forums, they report the flawless retention of constant speed, despite the changing load.
We ranked the power tool because of the thin rubber strip on the start key. Such a trifle does not allow the finger to slide off during prolonged work with the machine. The device is also able to work quietly, giving out 400 rpm. This helps to grind the liquid polished over the body without splashing.
- quick replacement of graphite brushes;
- rubberized handles;
- spindle lock;
- fixing the start key;
- two additional handles included.
- weight 3.1 kg;
- the engine is not protected from overheating;
- sold in a paper box;
- weak gear.
The rating is continued by another polishing model from the semi-professional class. The engine power is 1300 W. The spindle speed varies from 600 to 3000 per minute. The maximum tooling diameter is allowed up to 180 mm. The U-shaped handle is convenient for working in various spatial positions. In the reviews, buyers are glad that spare brushes are included in the kit. The owners used the polishing machine for sanding granite, polishing car bodies, and polishing furniture for opening with varnish. The tool coped with all the work perfectly. The speed is electronically controlled and the switch is conveniently located at the top.
We have put the polisher in the rating due to the optimal price-performance ratio. This is a simple machine that serves hardy with daily stress for several hours. The manufacturer gives a 5-year warranty on it. At a cost, the model is two to three times cheaper than Japanese and German brands. The price affected the modest equipment, but in terms of reliability the Zubr is not inferior to the leaders of the rating.
- metal gear case;
- closed second handle;
- blocking the start key;
- quick replacement of brushes;
- axle lock for easy tool repositioning.
- there is no function of protection against motor overheating;
- network wire 2 m;
- no smooth start;
- weighs 3.5 kg.
ELITECH MP 1418E
Another domestic brand continues to rank. The polishing machine is equipped with a 1400 W motor with a speed range of 600-3000. Unlike the previous model, there is a maintenance of a given speed under load, but it works only in 3 modes. A 180 mm circle can be mounted directly onto the support plate. It is allowed to change the pillow to a smaller diameter. The brushes change independently, without contacting a service center. The owners note in the reviews that there is a lot of grease in the gearbox from the factory, and the main bearing has no backlash. The wire, although short, but soft, does not twist the arms during active manipulation of the instrument. You can use the car in your garage and periodically earn extra money by polishing the cars of your neighbors, but it is not suitable for regular use due to the weight of 3.7 kg.
Our experts have included the product in the rating because of the quality of the attachment. In addition to the support plate, the manufacturer puts a circle made of natural sheepskin into the kit. All users agree that it is of high quality and is great for polishing headlights or bodywork.
- good price;
- convenient replacement of brushes;
- efficient air cooling;
- holds constant revolutions when pressed;
- power 1400 W.
- network cable 2.5 m;
- the motor has no electronic overheating protection;
- there is no smooth start;
- rotation does not drop below 600 rpm.
The ninth place in the rating is given to the goods of the German brand, assembled in China. The polisher works with a 1400 W motor and discs up to 180 mm. The support plate is fixed with a nut on the M14 thread, and the attachments are fastened with Velcro. Changing to a smaller plate is easy thanks to the spindle lock. Owners in reviews praise the manufacturer for an additional set of brushes in the box. The tool weighs only 2.1 kg, so it does not tire your hands during long work. The angle polishing machine is equipped with a U-shaped auxiliary handle, a steel gear housing and a rotation control on top. The main handle has a stop so as not to slip out during prolonged work.
The experts included the model in the rating thanks to the development of revolutions up to 4200 per minute. Even more expensive cars do not have such speed. Polishing with these parameters gives the highest gloss. This is the best option for express polishing your car.
- 2 year warranty;
- rubberized handle;
- replacement of brushes through service hatches;
- blocking the start key.
- there is no stabilization;
- often heats up and requires breaks from work;
- no low speeds;
- pulls poorly with a 180 mm plate (optimum 125 mm).
The 'Status' polishing machine entered the top ten of our rating. This is a new brand that stands out for its affordable price and acceptable quality. The tool is endowed with a power of 1300 W and works with a 180 mm tool. There is a spindle fixation, rotation stabilization and blocking of the start button. The manufacturer provides a hex wrench in the set for repositioning the auxiliary handles. The model weighs 3.6 kg, so it won't work for a long time. Owners praise the product in reviews for a convenient trigger, palm-length. This relieves stress on the index finger during long work processes. The polishing machine barely gets warm and will withstand work every day for several hours.
We have added the power polishing tool to the rating for several reasons. Firstly, the angle machine has three threads on the gear case, allowing the vertical handle to be installed in three positions (most of them have only two). Secondly, the revs do not sag at low speeds, allowing you to delicately polish difficult areas of the body. Thirdly, the unit is low-noise, so it doesn't give you a headache after work.
- quick fixing of the spindle with a red button;
- wide launch key for all fingers;
- good price;
- convenient location of the rotation regulator.
- no anti-slip pads;
- the launch key is fixed in one position in an inconvenient way (first you need to push forward, then up);
- there is a slight vibration at the anchor.
Our rating of the best polishing machines is completed by a product from the manufacturer 'Zubr'. This time the machine is straight type with two equivalent handles. This gives a secure grip and precise guidance of the disc to the working area. The motor is economical here and produces 140 watts. The set includes cotton and woolen attachments. The plate is impregnated with a water-repellent layer so that the polish does not absorb into the base plate, but passes over to the surface to be treated. The owners in the reviews like that the start key here is in the form of a toggle switch – it does not need to be held constantly, but it is enough to move it forward or backward. The developers have used a special type of eccentric in the design, which imitates the movement of a plate, as in manual polishing. Two perforated sections provide good engine cooling.
The polisher is rated Best for Price. It is difficult to find a quality product cheaper. She also has the ability to work with 240 mm discs. This significantly reduces surface stress and is suitable for thin metals (0.6-0.8 mm) or light layers of varnish.
- up to 5 years warranty;
- 3200 rpm;
- weighs 2.6 kg;
- two nozzles in a set;
- fixed power key.
- the network wire tangled next to the sole interferes a little;
- no rubber pads on the handles;
- it is difficult to find circles on sale;
- weak motor.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.