Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective, does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Owners of sensitive and dry skin are forced to carefully consider the choice of cosmetics, especially when it comes to the foundation. Universal remedies can cause allergic reactions, irritation, and an unpleasant feeling of skin tightness. In addition, dry skin is too thin, so an inappropriate foundation can lead to premature wrinkles.
- How to choose a foundation for dry skin
- Rating of the best foundation for dry skin
- Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Touсhe Éсlat Le Teint
- CLARINS TRUE RADIANCE
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation, Concealer
- CLINIQUE Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup SPF15
- BOBBI BROWN Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Water Creme SPF 20
- Maybelline New York Affinitone Vitamin E
- CAUDALIE Teint Divin
- Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura Blur BB
- MAC Lightful C + Coral Grass Tinted Cream With Radiance Booster SPF 30
- BOURJOIS PARIS Healthy Mix
How to choose a foundation for dry skin
- Act. In addition to correcting the relief of the face, the cream should moisturize and nourish, because it will be on the face for more than one hour, so its task is to maintain optimal hydrobalance, saturate cells, preventing early fading.
- Composition. The composition should contain exclusively natural moisturizing substances, such as hyaluronic acid, oils, nutritional components (vitamins E and A), matting and toning pigments, natural cosmetic wax. The sun protection factor will be a big plus.
- Price. It's also important to pay close attention to brand and value. Too cheap products with synthetic ingredients can cause allergies and redness. But also expensive ones do not always correspond to the declared characteristics.
- Consistency. The ideal texture is viscous and should resemble medium thick sour cream to prevent moisture loss after application.
Rating of the best foundation for dry skin
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best foundation for dry skin||1||Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Touсhe Éсlat Le Teint||RUB 4,045|
|2||CLARINS TRUE RADIANCE||RUB 3 350|
|3||La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation, Concealer||RUB 15 180|
|4||CLINIQUE Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup SPF15||3 420 RUB|
|5||BOBBI BROWN Luminous Moisturizing Foundation||RUB 2,525|
|6||La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Water Creme SPF 20||RUB 1 720|
|7||Maybelline New York Affinitone Vitamin E||495 RUB|
|8||CAUDALIE Teint Divin||RUB 1,045|
|9||Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura Blur BB||RUB 1,190|
|10||MAC Lightful C + Coral Grass Tinted Cream With Radiance Booster SPF 30||RUB 3,300|
|11||BOURJOIS PARIS Healthy Mix||RUB 700|
Yves Saint Laurent Beauté Touсhe Éсlat Le Teint
YSL's radiant foundation is ranked # 1 in our expert ranking. Touche Éclat is a foundation that awakens the inner reserve, gives shimmer, nourishes and moisturizes at the same time.
Among the nutritional components, there is vitamin E, which protects against free radicals, and butcher's broom extract, which stimulates blood microcirculation and improves complexion. As a result, even overly dry skin will become perfectly smooth, glowing and will look rested, as if after a full 8 hours of sleep. Also in the composition there is glycerin, which has powerful moisturizing properties, but at the same time, it is able to clog pores, so the cream is not recommended for oily skin.
For precise and correct application, the manufacturer recommends using a brush with a special Y-pattern on the bristles, which is sold separately. The cream is drawn on a brush and spread over the skin with smooth, gentle movements. Thanks to a wide range of shades, the cream is suitable for both dark and light skin.
- Lays down in a soft and even layer;
- Does not create the effect of a mask and tightness;
- Almost invisible on the face;
- Moisturizes, smoothes and nourishes;
- Convenient bottle with a dispenser;
- Creates a radiant matte finish;
- Does not roll down;
- Adapts to tone;
- High price;
- We do not mask serious imperfections;
- May accentuate peeling.
CLARINS TRUE RADIANCE
Clarins' SPF 15 Radiant Foundation is second in our ranking. This product is designed to make the skin velvety, hide imperfections, provide moisture to dry mature skin and give it a radiance for 24 hours. The cream is created in opposition to the so-called fluids: it is more masking, thicker and thicker.
Moringa extract repels dirt molecules from the skin surface. High-tech pigments enhance the radiance through the special angle of light reflection of the particles from the surface. Tara gum and saltwort extract provide the optimal level of deep hydration for the whole day.
The cream gives the face a healthy look, filling it with youthful radiance, copes well with masking imperfections such as scars, rosacea, pigmentation, and various age-related changes. Evens out the relief and tone, smoothes fine expression lines and fills micro-voids.
Clarins cosmetologists recommend applying foundation after warming it up in your hands. In this case, the base will not leave any streaks and will be applied evenly. It is noteworthy that the tone is not fixed immediately, so you can easily remove excess or correct irregularities even 10-20 minutes after application.
- The skin looks healthy and natural;
- Easy to apply with your fingertips;
- Created specifically for aging dry skin;
- Provides a natural natural glow.
- Not suitable for shiny oily skin;
- Shine appears after 5-6 hours;
- It is necessary to fix with powder.
La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation, Concealer
Foundation from La Prairie (Switzerland) with a professional concealer included and SPF 15 sun protection takes the third place in our ranking. The product mattifies, moisturizes, leaves the skin soft and even tone, while the concealer carefully masks dark circles under the eyes and other noticeable imperfections.
Skin Caviar contains an exclusive cellular anti-aging complex, caviar extract, a peptide that increases elasticity, and a complex of plant extracts. The texture of the cream is nourishing and rich, great for dry skin and creates a comfortable coverage that does not dry out the skin. The finish is satin, with a subtle delicate glow, due to the presence of reflective particles.
Concealer and tone are in perfect harmony with each other. In this case, the concealer is one tone lighter, so the foundation will easily cover it. First apply concealer with your fingertips and then blend with a brush. A mini-box is included with the foundation, where a brush, stand, sponge in sterile packaging is conveniently placed. Consumption is very economical, one drop is enough to spread the cream all over the face. The volume of the foundation is 30 ml, the volume of the concealer is 2 ml.
- Good coating density;
- Gives an even tone;
- Moisturizes well;
- Economical to use;
- Almost invisible on the skin;
- Has caring components.
- High price.
CLINIQUE Repairwear Laser Focus All-Smooth Makeup SPF15
CLINIQUE Anti-Aging Moisturizing Cream is in the fourth place in the ranking. The product is based on a special patented anti-aging technology that was created specifically for the popular Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector serum. Therefore, the cream provides not only a masking effect, but also provides multi-level care for mature skin. The skin acquires a healthy, matte tone, becomes rested, refreshed and rejuvenated.
The consistency is quite liquid, creamy and easily and quickly spreads over the skin, creating a thin coating of fairly medium durability, which lasts for 6-7 hours. In summer, 4 hours after application, a slightly oily sheen may appear, but it can be easily removed with a napkin.
- Satin, wet finish;
- Has an anti-aging effect;
- The skin looks well-groomed, younger and healthier;
- Does not create a mask effect;
- Contains SPF15;
- Lack of dispenser.
BOBBI BROWN Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
The ultra-moisturizing foundation Luminous Moisturizing Foundation is in fifth position in the ranking. The product with a complex of natural stimulants for collagen production and a gentle, moisturizing tonal base is specially designed for high-quality professional care for mature dry skin.
The foundation contains a combination of peptides and milk thistle to restore youthfulness and firmness to the skin. At the finish, the face looks younger, fresher and more radiant. Due to its watery texture, the cream provides a medium-firm coverage. The color palette is wide, from very light to dark shades, and the cream can also adapt to skin color. Reflective pigments visually mask imperfections. Volume 30 ml, with dispenser. The cream is ideal for dry but not dehydrated skin without severe external imperfections.
- Lightweight, melting texture;
- Creates a light glow effect;
- Provides anti-aging effects;
- Refreshes the face;
- Adjusts to skin color.
- No matting effect;
- Hides only minor defects;
- Emphasizes peeling;
- It is difficult to find the right tone;
- Requires fixation with powder.
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Water Creme SPF 20
La Roche-Posay cream for dry and sensitive skin is in the sixth place in our rating. The refreshing aqua cream, enriched with hyaluronic acid, takes care of high-quality makeup and provides an optimal balance of hydration.
Due to its light, fresh texture, the product is suitable for the care of dry, normal and even combination skin. Restores natural balance, slows down aging and provides maximum comfort for the whole day.
Thermal water has a good softening, soothing effect, relieves the feeling of tightness, removes inflammation and irritation that are inherent in dry and sensitive skin. Also among the active complex is squalene, which nourishes the skin, and glycerin, which provides deep hydration. Perlid provides a mattifying and absorbing effect. Refined pigments provide medium coverage. Within 12 hours of applying the foundation, the skin is hydrated and protected. It is soft, smooth and perfect.
Available in 3 basic shades. Apply to clean skin with a thin layer. Suitable for normal, sensitive skin prone to allergic reactions. Non-comedogenic. Clinically tested.
- Does not contain parabens and preservatives;
- There is sun protection SPF 20;
- Lays down in a pleasant even layer;
- Takes care of the skin;
- Lightweight, fine texture;
- Good quality for a reasonable price.
- There are difficulties with the selection of a shade;
- Poorly fits the base.
Maybelline New York Affinitone Vitamin E
The updated foundation Affinitone from Maybelline takes the seventh position in the ranking. A versatile cream that masks imperfections and is suitable for all skin types, creating a lightweight coverage that lasts all day. Available in a palette of 12 shades. The updated version adds shimmery sparkles to the texture.
Precious argan oil, chamomile extract and vitamin E gently care for, moisturize and protect from overdrying. The finest HD pigments create a perfect coverage that envelops the skin like a veil without creating a sticky mask. It has a liquid, watery texture, so it is advisable to use a thick brush or beauty blender for application. Not suitable for too dry, problematic and oily skin. If there are pronounced irregularities and roughness on the face, the product can emphasize them. The new glitter will only look good on normal to dry skin.
- Evens out the tone;
- Moisturizes and cares for;
- No mask effect;
- Low price;
- Shaded well.
- Emphasizes bumps, peeling and rashes;
- Clogs pores;
- Doesn't mask serious flaws;
- Impractical packaging and dispenser;
- It has a very liquid texture.
CAUDALIE Teint Divin
Foundation with minerals from the CAUDALIE laboratory with a new, improved formula, is ranked eighth. Has a melting, delicate texture that instantly improves tone and complexion.
Active plant and antioxidant components – vitamin E, sunflower seed oil, grape seed polyphenols – protect against adverse external influences, free radicals, and accelerate cell regeneration. Color pigments and tiny pearlescent particles give a subtle shine and mask minor imperfections. Hyaluronic acid traps moisture inside and fills in wrinkles. Shea butter smoothes wrinkles and irregularities, removes flaking and tones. Phospholipids strengthen the skin, caprillum glycol and glycerin draw in moisture and keep it inside. Titanium dioxide acts as a protective filter.
The cream is positioned as universal, suitable for every woman. It is free of synthetic dyes, parabens and other harmful substances. True, the line consists of only 2 shades: light and dark, so it is advisable to test the tool first.
- Moisturizes and cares for;
- Pleasant aroma;
- Lightweight texture;
- Fits well;
- Creates the effect of breathable skin;
- Evens out the tone;
- Natural composition.
- The palette has only 2 shades;
- It is difficult to find a tone that matches the skin color;
- The light shade has an orange undertone;
- A dark shade is only suitable for tanned skin;
- Does not matte or mask.
Tony Moly Luminous Goddess Aura Blur BB
BB cream from the popular Korean company Tony Moly with active hydration falls into the ninth position of the rating. It has a creamy soft texture, adheres well and hides irregularities with high quality.
Natural oils of almond, jojoba, Brazil nut improve skin elasticity and moisturize. Reflective particles create a radiant effect for a healthy-looking face. It is presented in two colors – 1 Warm Beige (warm) and 02- Cool Beige (cold).
Adjusts to skin tone within 10 minutes after application. The coverage is average, so you can do without the help of additional tonal means. Can be used as an under eye concealer. It hides wrinkles well and smoothes the overall relief. The finish is satin. The cream is applied both under the base, if the skin is too dry, or without it. BB cream is washed off exclusively with hydrophilic oil.
- Evens out tone and relief;
- Has SPF 37 PA ++ protection;
- Good tenacity;
- It is not required to fix with powder;
- Adjusts to skin tone;
- Economical consumption.
- Can get clogged in pores;
- Emphasizes peeling;
- Can 'swim' during hot seasons;
- A lighter shade gives a whitening effect.
MAC Lightful C + Coral Grass Tinted Cream With Radiance Booster SPF 30
A professional caring foundation from MAC with a radiant effect was placed in the tenth position of the ranking. Regulates sebum production, enhances natural radiance, cares and moisturizes, protects against UV A and B spectrum (SPF 30).
The formula with Lightful Radiance Booster Complex, Vitamin C and Coral Grass Extract corrects skin tone, hiding enlarged pores and reducing the appearance of age spots.The cream has a high density, so it will cope well with toning visible imperfections. The cream moisturizes and smoothes, masks mimic wrinkles, neutralizes redness.
- The cream tones and cares for;
- Sun protection;
- Convenient and practical tube.
- Creates a mask effect;
- High price;
- A dense coverage that is felt on the face.
BOURJOIS PARIS Healthy Mix
BOURJOIS PARIS long-lasting masking base with fruit extracts and vitamins is in the eleventh and last step of our ranking. Combines citrus and wood aromas. The light texture, enriched with natural extracts, cares, moisturizes and tones, evens out the overall complexion. The basis refers to budgetary, but high-quality products that are not inferior to the luxury line.
The foundation contains a range of fruit extracts. Melon extract – moisturizes; apricot – gives the skin a glow; apples – returns youth. Vitamin E derivatives provide antioxidant protection. The transparent pigments make the complexion more even and healthy. The plastic texture effectively masks imperfections and gives the skin a radiance. The texture is like a fluid, so it is applied quickly and easily, the cream does not fall into the pores, but polishes them. The effect lasts for 16 hours. The line is presented in 6 shades (from 51 to 56 tones).
- Light cream that does not leave a mask on the face;
- Convenient use;
- Evens out, moisturizes and gives a healthy skin tone;
- Can be layered in several layers;
- Persistent (dry to normal skin);
- Looks natural;
- Gives a subtle glow.
- No SPF;
- Not suitable for oily skin;
- Shades with yellowness;
- Wet coating, non-matting.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.