In many ways, controlling a kitten’s diet determines how healthy the pet will grow up. The easiest way to maintain the correct balance of BJU is to choose ready-made dry or wet feeds, mainly of the premium segment, with a predominance of natural components of animal origin. The food for kittens presented in our rating receive approving reviews from veterinarians, kittens accept them well. Note, however, that each animal is unique and may require the selection of a suitable feed.
- Selection features
- Rating of the best food for kittens
- The best dry food for kittens
- GO! NATURAL Holistic Sensitivity Shine Grain Free Pollock Cat Recipe
- NOW Natural holistic Fresh Grain Free Kitten Recipe
- Applaws Dry Cat Chicken with Duck
- Hill’s Science Plan Kitten Healthy Development Chicken
- Almo Nature kitten food with chicken and brown rice, Kitten Chicken&Rice
- Bozita super premium for kittens with chicken, salmon and rice, Kitten 35/18
- Best wet food for kittens
- Purina Pro Plan chunks in turkey sauce for kittens
- Applaws Kitten Tuna
- Hill’s Kitten with Chicken
- Bozita super premium chunks in jelly for kittens with chicken, Kitten
- Berkley Kitten Turkey&Chicken Liver
The feed should be selected according to several criteria.
- Composition. Vegetable raw materials should not prevail in it, because cats are predators, animal protein should prevail in their diet in an amount of at least 30% of the total volume. Mineral supplements are welcome – the growing body spends a lot of calcium and other trace elements.
- Breed. Some manufacturers offer food depending on the breed and nature of the animal. For example, for sphinxes, the elements for improving the coat are not so important as for the Persians, for the Maine Coon with its large proportions of the body, an increased amount of BJU is vital due to the peculiarities of the structure, etc.
- Digestion. Kittens may experience an intolerance to some food component; some individuals have a general gastrointestinal sensitivity. For such individuals, there are also separate foods.
- Food Addictions. Not all animals are unpretentious in the taste variations of the diet, some love only fish or beef, for others there is nothing better than chicken or turkey.
- Age. For different age categories of animals, there are feeds from complementary foods to the transition to full-value nutrition.
- Price. In the matter of choosing a feed, the price plays an important role – it cannot be low, because meat components are not cheap.
Rating of the best food for kittens
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price per kg. or pcs.|
|The best dry food for kittens||1||GO! NATURAL Holistic Sensitivity Shine Grain Free Pollock Cat Recipe||662 RUB|
|2||NOW Natural holistic Fresh Grain Free Kitten Recipe||887 r|
|3||Applaws Dry Cat Chicken with Duck||450 RUB|
|4||Hill’s Science Plan Kitten Healthy Development Chicken||450 RUB|
|5||Almo Nature for kittens with chicken and brown rice, Kitten Chicken & Rice||650 RUB|
|6||Bozita super premium for kittens with chicken, salmon and rice, Kitten 35/18||658 r|
|Best wet food for kittens||1||Purina Pro Plan chunks in turkey sauce for kittens||RUB 65|
|2||Applaws Kitten Tuna||RUB 90|
|3||Hill’s Kitten with Chicken||RUB 65|
|4||Bozita super premium chunks in jelly for kittens with chicken, Kitten||125 RUB|
|5||Berkley Kitten Turkey&Chicken Liver||RUB 95|
The best dry food for kittens
Food for little cats differs from ‘adult’ products not only in composition, but also in the size of the pieces – they are designed for a small mouth. When serving them, it is necessary to monitor the presence of clean water in the drinker – the granules in the gastrointestinal tract significantly increase their volume due to the absorption of gastric moisture, respectively, the pet has an increased need for drinking.
GO! NATURAL Holistic Sensitivity Shine Grain Free Pollock Cat Recipe
The leading sales figures on Internet sites and in specialized stores are shown by the product GO! NATURAL Holistic made from hypoallergenic cod meat. The food is designed for kittens with different characteristics of the digestive tract, it is suitable for gluten intolerance – the product does not contain cereals and additives containing this protein. The manufacturer does not indicate the amount of cod meat, but the total protein in the mass ratio is sufficient – at least 30%. Do not be afraid of the large amount of mineral inclusions – all of them are necessary for the normal formation of the kitten’s skeleton and muscles, all components are safe, albeit not completely natural. As pet owners note, pieces of food are convenient for feeding kittens, the product in most cases is accepted by pets without problems and becomes a favorite delicacy. By the way, as the animal grows, it is enough to increase the dosage without subsequently switching to the ‘adult’ feed – GO! NATURAL Holistic Sensitivity is also suitable for individuals over a year old. Sold in plastic bags weighing 1.82 kg, 3.63 kg, 7.26 kg.
The average price per 1 kg is 600… 800 rubles.
- At the core is pure cod;
- No gluten and by-products;
- Suitable for pets of any age;
- Calms and stabilizes digestion;
- Complete mineralogical complex.
- Price (hereinafter the larger the package – the cheaper the feed).
NOW Natural holistic Fresh Grain Free Kitten Recipe
NOW Natural holistic specialty food designed for kittens from 5 weeks to 12 months. Compared to the leader of the rating, it has slightly more protein – 33% from poultry raw materials, almost no turkey lipids and nutritious duck. The composition does not contain by-components of meat processing and gluten-containing grains, which makes the product valuable for the growing body of a pet. The product will become indispensable if the animal has an intolerance to red meat. The manufacturer used a rich broth as a flavoring agent, thanks to which the granules make the kitten appetite. Addictive and dangerous chemical additives are absent, despite the large list of mineral and extract components, most of them are natural.
You can buy NOW Natural holistic Fresh Grain Free Kitten Recipe food in a package of 1.82 and 3.63 kg at an average price of 720 … 970 rubles for 1 kg.
- Increased protein content 33%;
- The absence of cereals that cause allergies;
- At the heart of nutritious lean turkey and duck;
- Stabilizes the digestive tract processes;
- Bright mouth-watering aroma without artificial components.
- The quality may vary in consignments for export to Russia and Europe.
Applaws Dry Cat Chicken with Duck
The Applaws product is optimally balanced with the amount of pure chicken, duck and vegetable crops – potatoes, beets and herbal extracts. The composition does not contain gluten containing cereals, which reduces the risk of food allergies in a growing kitten, but there is a rich aroma from a concentrated broth that attracts the animal to food intake. Unlike the previously reviewed feeds, Applaws Dry Cat Chicken with Duck does not have such an impressive composition – the manufacturer did not introduce artificial ingredients, but introduced natural ingredients that contain the necessary minerals and vitamins.
Remarkably, the product has the highest pure protein content of the feeds already reviewed – 38%. You can buy food in packages of 2 or 7.5 kg, and for a sample it is enough to purchase a small package of 400 grams. The average price in terms of 1 kg is 415… 810 rubles.
- A large proportion of protein 38%;
- There is a small sample pack;
- No gluten in the composition;
- The predominance of natural ingredients.
- Not for a specific GI tract (individually).
Hill’s Science Plan Kitten Healthy Development Chicken
Hill’s Science Plan is based on more than 70% meat, 45% of which is chicken protein, albeit in the form of flour. The nutritional complex of vitamins and substances necessary for a kitten of any breed for proper development is balanced with the use of predominantly natural ingredients – fish oil, flaxseed, cellulose and oils. It is noteworthy: despite the relatively modest composition, the proportion of protein is 37.9% – a lot, therefore, when feeding granules to an adult animal, one should take into account its physical activity and not overdo it with a portion.
Hill’s Science Plan Kitten Healthy Development contains high levels of DHA, a component found in feline breast milk that is required for the development of the kitten’s brain and nervous system. Pieces of food are small, it is convenient to give them to a kitten. At first, it is recommended to soak them in water.
Hill’s Science Plan Chicken is available in 400 g, 2 kg or 10 kg pouches. The cost of 1 kg of the product is 500-600 rubles.
- Protein is almost 38%;
- Moderate cost;
- No chemical impurities.
- At the heart of protein chicken flour, not pure meat.
Almo Nature kitten food with chicken and brown rice, Kitten Chicken&Rice
Next in the ranking is granulated food from meat and by-products, their share is 46%, but the recipe contains cereals, so the product is contraindicated for cats with special digestion, we also do not recommend it for small kittens, or it must be introduced with caution. The mineralogical complex is balanced with special ingredients of natural origin – salmon fat, chicory, maize protein.
Almo Nature Kitten Chicken & Rice is available in 400 gr, 2 kg and 12 kg packs.
Price for 1 kg – from 420 rubles.
- Protein increased to 33%;
- Pure composition;
- Large and small packages;
- Reasonable price.
- the content of cereals.
Bozita super premium for kittens with chicken, salmon and rice, Kitten 35/18
For kittens and pregnant, lactating cats, breeders and owners often choose Bozita super premium Kitten 35/18 for kittens with chicken, salmon and rice. This is a balanced diet based on dried chicken meat, but it is not suitable for individuals with upset digestion – there is corn in the recipe, sometimes causing allergies. Fortunately, there are no chemical impurities in the feed – the components required for a developing animal are present in the ingredients: broth, dry fish, yeast, whey.
Bozita super premium can be bought in packs of 0.4 and 2, even 10 kg. The cost of 1 kg of the product starts at 490 rubles.
- A relatively inexpensive product;
- Simple natural recipe;
- Protein 35%.
- The presence of gluten.
Best wet food for kittens
Wet food is more favorable for the growing pet’s delicate gastrointestinal tract, it should be present in the diet along with dry granules.
Purina Pro Plan chunks in turkey sauce for kittens
The 85 gram bags of Purina Pro Plan are not turkey-based and are made with meat and organ meats, but the total is small – only about 4% turkey. Fish meat and by-products provide the serving with omega acids and vitamin D, and plant components provide fiber for comfortable digestion. Small pieces are convenient for a kitten to chew, and wet sauce compensates for the moisture deficit in the diet, although drinking water does not cancel.
Dyes are alarming in the composition. Diet intolerances are observed, it may be associated with the presence of gluten in the composition.
The average price is 65 rubles.
- Soft food from small pieces;
- Protein 12.5%;
- 78% humidity;
- Natural ingredients.
- Low content of pure meat.
Applaws Kitten Tuna
Protein-rich tuna forms the basis of Applaws Kitten Tuna wet food. The portions are packed in 70 gram cans and can be used in place of a cup. It is noteworthy: it contains only 3 components – fish fillet, broth and gelatin. They contain protein in the amount of 13.5%, omega, minerals – sea fish are rich in them. If the kitten loves fish, this food will definitely suit his taste.
Applaws Kitten Tuna food is recommended for feeding kittens, but it is also suitable for adults as a treat – 70 g portions. Mom-cat, of course, will not have enough.
The average price is 90 rubles.
- Pure fish composition;
- Adequate moisture and protein per serving;
- Tin can with a ring for opening;
- The correct composition for the normal development of the kitten.
- Serving price.
Hill’s Kitten with Chicken
Hill’s Kitten with Chicken 85 gram pouches are designed to feed small cats from several weeks to a year, as well as for adults – pregnant, lactating females. The basis of the product is chicken – its share is at least 32%, as well as pork, there is salmon, rich in omega fats. Of the plant components, the manufacturer used pea protein and wheat flour, therefore, feed should be introduced into the diet with care so as not to cause intolerance to gluten containing protein.
In general, the composition is balanced, protein in the total mass contains 9.3% – less than that of the previously considered feed. In general, Hill’s Kitten with Chicken receives positive reviews from owners of animals with normal digestion.
The average price is 65 rubles.
- Fully balanced mineralogical composition;
- Reasonable price;
- Lack of synthetic components in the composition.
- Gluten Free
- Relatively low protein content.
Bozita super premium chunks in jelly for kittens with chicken, Kitten
Soft pieces of Bozita super premium are 88% made from chicken, the manufacturer has included pork in the composition, the vegetable part is oats, and yeast and calcium carbonate are responsible for the beneficial bacterial background. A package of 190 grams is enough just for daily feeding – you must observe the dose per dose according to the weight of the kitten.
Pure protein in the composition of 8.5%, but it is mainly of animal origin, which is favorable for the development of a growing organism.
The average price of a box is 190 gr. – 125 rubles.
- The basis of the composition is chicken meat products;
- Large cardboard packaging;
- Minimum vegetable protein.
- Low proportion of pure meat in the composition, despite the predominance of chicken.
Berkley Kitten Turkey&Chicken Liver
Berkley Kitten Turkey & Chicken Liver completes our rating. Canned food contains half of the turkey meat, which is supplemented by 24% of chicken liver and almost as much natural broth – it acts as a gelling component and a natural flavoring agent. The manufacturer has introduced artificial minerals to optimize the composition, as well as salmon oil rich in fatty acids. A simple composition without plant components is safe for the digestive tract of a growing kitten.
Canned food is delivered in cans in packing of 100 grams, the price of one can is about 95 rubles.
- Natural composition;
- Lack of plant components;
- Protein in the composition of 11.3%.
- Price per jar.