Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
When the scorching rays of the sun hit the car interior for a long time, there is an acute desire to close the windows with opaque material. But of the different options for darkening by traffic rules, only tinting is allowed. GOST 5727-88 allows the operation of vehicles with a windshield light transmission capacity of at least 75%, and front side windows up to 70% The easiest way to achieve the desired coolness inside the car is with a tint film. Today the Russian market is dominated by American manufacturers, whose products are famous for their high quality and durability. At an affordable price, domestic and Asian brands are trying to lure the buyer. In the sea of car films, only with the help of experts is it possible to find the best option for your car.
- How to choose a tint film
- Rating of the best manufacturers of car tint films
- Solar gard
How to choose a tint film
The percentage of light transmission. First of all, you need to understand the light transmission ability of toning.
- If the percentage of light transmission is no more than 5, then the interior is not visible from the street. The use of such a film allows you to visually isolate yourself from the surrounding world.
- At 15% light transmission, passers-by will only see the silhouettes of the passengers. But people from the street will not be able to distinguish their faces, as well as determine the type of objects.
- Starting at 35% light transmission, people's faces and objects lying in the car are clearly visible.
- Such films are allowed to be installed only on the rear windows of the car.
Types of tint films. There are several types of film materials that are used for car window tinting.
- The most affordable and simplest are dyed films. During the production process, the dye is introduced into the polymer base, forming a shading effect. The service life of such tinting is short-lived, since the paint quickly fades.
- Metallized film materials are more durable. Usually the paint layer is coated with an aluminum base. But with this toning, radio interference is created.
- The energy-saving film looks transparent, but it effectively fights against glare and UV rays, without letting them into the interior. With the help of this tinting, it is possible to save fuel by turning on the air conditioner at a lower power.
- Carbon film is a modern and expensive material. Thanks to a special technology, a layer of graphite is applied to the film, which traps the sun's rays. The product combines the best properties of all other types of tinting, but the price discourages many motorists.
Film color. Manufacturers use several colors when creating tint films.
- The metallized finish gives a mirror-like shine to the street side tint. It reflects a large percentage of sunlight, but visibility decreases at night.
- To match the body color, you can choose any paintwork, from black to yellow. However, according to experts, any color shade in toning leads to rapid eye fatigue.
- Some motorists prefer the combined tinting option. Front windows (windshield and side) are shaded with a light film in accordance with the requirements of traffic rules. And dark toning is glued to the rear windows, they form a shady area in the car with a comfortable microclimate.
We have selected 11 best tinting film manufacturers for our review. All of them sell their products on the Russian market. When allocating seats, the opinion of the expert community and feedback from motorists were taken into account.
Rating of the best manufacturers of car tint films
|Rating of the best manufacturers of car tint films||1||Llumar||5.0|
A rich assortment of Llumar tinting films is offered to the Russian consumer by the American company EastmanChemical. It was founded in 1920, but the Llumar trademark appeared in 1956 after the development of a technology for producing colored polyethylene terephthalate. Due to strict control at all enterprises, products are obtained of high quality, with protection against burnout and a long service life (up to 6 years). Experts note the high strength of the film, which is achieved by applying the smallest metal particles. The brand becomes the winner of our rating.
Domestic motorists praise the Llumar film for an effective barrier to ultraviolet radiation, an increase in glass strength, transparency (percentage of light transmission 15-68). The disadvantages are the high price and the appearance of counterfeit products on the market.
- high quality;
- high price.
Another American company, 3M, occupies a leading position in the domestic market of tint films. The experts liked the responsible approach of the manufacturer, he confirms the quality of his products with warranty obligations. The basis of the multilayer film material is nanocarbon polyester. There is no metal coating on it, so the film after glass tinting does not interfere with electrical appliances. This ensures reliable protection of the driver and passengers from exposure to UV rays. The brand is on the second line of the rating.
Russian car owners especially liked the Metallic Shade tint film with up to 99% UV blocking. But it is quite difficult to find this series in the trade network of our country.
- product warranty;
- high quality;
- does not interfere;
- effectively traps UV rays.
- shortage in Russian stores.
Not so long ago, the Global tint film appeared on the Russian market. Motorists have already appreciated the advantages of products that have been achieved thanks to innovative technologies. Experts note the full cycle of film material production, from development to packaging. The most important advantages of tinting are durability, reliable protection of the interior from UV rays and increased glass strength. The manufacturer uses ceramic coating, which does not create radio interference. The brand receives the bronze in our rating.
On automotive forums, a lot of flattering words come to the Global tinting. It really protects from the scorching rays of the sun, improving the microclimate in the car interior. So far, the brand cannot boast of being famous in our country.
- innovative technologies;
- effectively reflects the sun's rays;
- ceramic spraying.
- little popularity in Russia.
Experts have discovered a number of advantages in the American Armolan film. First of all, it should be noted the high level of filtration of UV rays (up to 100%). Tinting removes sun glare from glass and headlights of oncoming cars. It gets cooler in the cabin in hot summer, and in winter the film retains heat inside the car. Applying Armolan tinting, you can highlight your car, make it recognizable. The manufacturer is pursuing a competent pricing policy, which favorably affects the level of sales in Russia. The brand is included in our rating for perfect adhesion.
Users are satisfied with the sun protection, durability and daytime visibility. But at night, driving a car becomes uncomfortable.
- effective filtration of UV rays;
- suppression of glare;
- thermal insulation properties;
- affordable prices.
- visibility decreases at night.
Often on automotive forums there is a controversy in which SunTek dye film appears. Many users consider it one of the best tinting on the domestic market. Experts analyzed the technical characteristics of the material, revealing many advantages. The high-quality filtering of sunlight deserves praise. The film has thermal insulation properties, so a pleasant microclimate in the cabin is formed both in summer and in winter. Tinting material makes glass more durable and safer. The service life of the film reaches 5 years. The brand is in the TOP-5 of our rating.
Among the disadvantages of SunTek tinting, car owners most often mention the high price and complex installation. In addition, it is difficult to find a film for one car.
- fade resistance;
- anti-scratch coating;
- high quality;
- good visibility.
- high price;
- the complexity of the installation.
Another American company Solar Gard is successfully competing in the Russian market. It specializes in the production of automotive and construction films. Getting into our rating of the brand is not accidental, toning has a number of attractive factors. Experts note high reflectivity (up to 60% of the sun's rays), excellent filtration of UV rays (up to 99%), and no distortion. After removing the tint, no glue or film material remains on the glass.
Motorists are pleased with the multi-level light transmission system, glass protection from mechanical damage, and the absence of interference for GPS, GSM, GLONASS receivers. But in the light of street lamps, multi-colored overflows appear.
- high reflectivity;
- excellent filtration of UV rays;
- reliable protection of glass from scratches and abrasions;
- does not interfere.
- at night, multi-colored overflows appear.
The JOHNSON brand has attracted the attention of our experts with a unique technology for the production of tint film. The American manufacturer makes the base of the tinting from charcoal. At the same time, ultraviolet filtration reaches 99%, and the reflection of heat rays is at around 65%. The film has an anti-reflective coating that eliminates the direct rays of the sun or headlights of oncoming cars. The quality of the material is at the highest level, which is confirmed by the manufacturer's warranty obligations.
On a number of parameters, the brand is inferior to the leaders of the rating. The tinting has a bluish tint, which leads to eye fatigue. Such qualities as the fight against glare and the flatness of the film after gluing (shagreen) are not the most outstanding.
- high degree of heat reflection;
- good filtration of UV rays;
- long warranty period.
- bluish tint;
- uneven surface.
The American brand SunControl has entrusted the production of tint films to an enterprise in India. This move made it possible to achieve an optimal combination of price and quality. According to experts, toning looks decent in such parameters as ultraviolet filtering (up to 99%), noise insulation, protection of the driver and passengers from electromagnetic radiation. The tests carried out have confirmed the reduction in fuel consumption (up to 3%) spent on the operation of the car's air conditioning system. A large number of counterfeit products prevented the brand from climbing higher in our ranking.
Russian motorists praise SunControl tinting for its small thickness (28 microns), good glare suppression, and noise reduction in the cabin. Negative reviews are mainly related to counterfeit products.
- high level of filtration of UV rays;
- small thickness;
- fuel economy.
- a lot of counterfeit products.
One of the easiest to install tint films is the products of the American company ASWF. Toning is not inferior to the best world products in terms of appearance. The combination of anti-reflective coating and a high degree of color rendering makes the microclimate in the cabin as comfortable as possible. Experts praise the brand for developing advanced technologies that make the film material environmentally friendly and safe. The brand is among the top ten manufacturers in our rating.
Domestic car owners like to glue the tinting on their own. In case of an error, the film can be removed without leaving any traces of glue on the glass. The disadvantages of the brand are high price and low resistance to mechanical damage.
- high quality;
- ease of installation;
- environmental friendliness and safety;
- quality glue.
- high price;
- afraid of mechanical stress.
The most affordable products for lovers of tinting are produced by the Russian company MTF. The brand's catalog contains a wide range of films that differ in light transmission and appearance. The domestic manufacturer manages to compete with well-known American and Chinese firms due to modern equipment and advanced technologies. Experts appreciated the quality of the products, excellent visibility, and durable protective coating. The brand deservedly gets into our rating.
MTF tinting is in steady demand among domestic motorists, which is confirmed by employees of specialized service stations. Of the minuses, they highlight the need for prolonged heating during installation.
- good quality;
- affordable price;
- excellent visibility;
- resistant protective coating.
- long heating required during installation.
The tint film of the American company Sun-Gard has a good reputation among Russian motorists. The manufacturer sells three series of film material on the domestic market. The experts highly appreciated the multi-layer structure of the tinting (6 layers). To protect the polymer base from damage, there is a reliable protective coating. The company's asset should include the use of innovative technologies that are borrowed from the space industry. Perhaps that is why the prices of Sun-Gard products are also cosmic. For its high reflective (up to 65%) and filtering (up to 99%) ability, the brand gets into our rating.
Motorists who have chosen American tinting are satisfied with its quality and the degree of comfort in the cabin. The film gives minimal distortion to the traffic situation.
- space technologies;
- high quality;
- excellent filtration of UV rays;
- good reflectivity.
- high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.