Review of the best according to the editorial board. On the selection criteria. This material is subjective and does not constitute advertising and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
One of the most effective ways to protect a car body paintwork is an anti-gravel film. This fact is confirmed by both experienced specialists and ordinary motorists. The film can also be used for styling when a car or an individual body element needs to be given a unique color. Today the Russian market offers a wide range of automotive films. With the help of our experts, we will consider the main selection criteria.
- How to choose a protective film for your car
- Rating of the best manufacturers of protective films for cars
- Llumar Platinum
- Suntek PPF
- Ultra vision
- Never scratch
How to choose a protective film for your car
Appointment. When choosing an automotive film, one should start from the tasks set for the coating.
- If the goal is to make the appearance of the car more aesthetically pleasing, then vinyl (PVC) should be preferred. For tuning, manufacturers offer a variety of colors, ranging from standard white, yellow, blue, and ending with original colors (gold, carbon, silver). In addition to its aesthetic qualities, vinyl film protects the car body from minor mechanical damage (bushes, sand, high pressure washing). The main disadvantage of the material is the rigidity of the coating at low temperatures. It is in winter that PVC film is most often damaged. In addition, vinyl is subject to rapid fading.
- To protect the car body parts from stones flying out from under the wheels and light collisions, it is better to apply a polyurethane film. It was developed for military equipment, where it has proven its effectiveness. The material is up to 200 microns (μm) thick to withstand severe shock loading. In winter, polyurethane does not lose its elasticity, it also stretches easily, resembling rubber. The advantages include a good transmission of ultraviolet radiation, so the paint with the same intensity loses its color both on the pasted surface and on parts without a protective film. Polyurethane is not afraid of salt, oil products and other chemicals. But in terms of aesthetics and richness of colors, this material loses to vinyl.
Step-by-step instructions for protecting the body. Experts advise motorists to follow a few simple rules so as not to be mistaken with the design of their car.
- First of all, preference should be given to trusted manufacturers. The best brands are American, European and Japanese. The materials of Korean firms are somewhat inferior to them in quality. Buying Chinese products should be treated with great caution.
- Quality anti-gravel protection is more expensive than decorative vinyl. Therefore, if polyurethane is offered cheaper than PVC film, then there is a high probability of encountering a fake.
- Many motorists are of the opinion that you can apply a protective film with your own hands. After watching instructive videos on YouTube, car owners carry out pasting in garages or in the open air. The results are often disastrous. When buying expensive material, it is better to entrust the installation to experienced specialists.
We have selected 11 best screen protector manufacturers for our review. All of them sell their products on the Russian market. When allocating seats, the opinion of the expert community and feedback from domestic users were taken into account.
Rating of the best manufacturers of protective films for cars
|Rating of the best manufacturers of protective films for cars||1||Llumar Platinum||5.0|
The Llumar Platinum brand dates back to 1956 when EastmanChemical began producing dyed polyester fibers. At first, the manufacturer focused on the domestic American market. Only in 2001 did protective films enter the international arena. Today the Llumar brand is the world leader in the field of protective films with 50 years of experience. The manufacturer's factories are located in the USA and Great Britain, the quality of products is confirmed by ISO certificates. Experts gave the brand the laurels of the winner in our rating for the high quality of materials and their resistance to fading.
Domestic motorists praise American films for their excellent protective properties, good visibility and durability. The only drawback is the high price.
- high quality;
- good protective properties;
- resistance to fading.
- high price.
A novelty on the Russian market is a polyurethane anti-gravel film made by the Japanese company Hogomaku. Its thickness is only 165 microns, while the material effectively copes with the protective function. Experts pay attention to the high strength index, so neither scratches nor chips will appear on the paintwork. The feature of the Japanese film is its self-healing ability, small scratches and chips heal over time. The brand ranks second in our ranking for water and dust repellent ability, thanks to which the body remains clean for a long time.
In the reviews, Russian motorists rejoice at the decrease in the number of washes, reliable protection of the body from damage, and the invisibility of the film. Among the shortcomings, difficulties with gluing are noted.
- high protective properties;
- self-healing ability;
- hydrophobic qualities.
- difficulties with gluing.
Experts consider Suntek PPF products to be the standard among protective films on the Russian market. A feature of the manufacturer is the location of all factories on the American continent. They are equipped with the most modern equipment, while many innovative technologies have been developed by the chemists of this concern. The advantages of the anti-gravel film include a reliable fixing layer and elasticity of the material. The top coat has the ability to heal itself, it is not afraid of the effects of alcohol-containing products. The brand becomes the bronze medalist in our rating.
Users are satisfied with fade resistance, transparency, anti-scratch ability. The disadvantages of motorists include high prices; it is very difficult to purchase a film for one car.
- innovative technologies;
- high quality;
- chemical resistance.
- high price;
- not sold in small quantities.
PremiumShield protective films have the highest density. This material was developed as an armored layer for US Army helicopter blades. The polyurethane base reaches a thickness of 220 microns, and due to its elasticity, it is well applied to the most difficult surfaces. The experts liked the transparency of the film, its resistance to temperature extremes, and the high transmission capacity of UV rays. The brand is included in our rating for a wide range of protective qualities.
Car owners who have applied American film to the bodies of their cars praise the material for its resistance to auto chemicals and petroleum products. The coating is not afraid of stones, sand or hail. And its service life reaches 10 years. Of the minuses, complex installation should be noted.
- high density;
- chemical resistance;
- does not crack at temperature drops;
- not for retail sale;
- complex installation.
The film of the Spectroll concern has proved itself to be excellent in Russian studios of automotive detailing. The Korean manufacturer managed to create a high-quality polyurethane film, the price of which is close to that of vinyl. To the strengths of the HRS series, experts note the high reflectivity of the sun's energy (up to 57%) and transparency for UV rays (up to 99%). The film not only improves the appearance of the car body, but creates effective protection of the paintwork from mechanical damage. The manufacturer gives a 10-year warranty for its products. The brand ranks fifth in our ranking.
Motorists praise Spectroll for its reasonable price and decent quality. Some difficulties arise for specialists during application, but even minor blemishes disappear after the glue dries.
- high reflectivity;
- effective protection of the body;
- low prices;
- good quality.
- complex installation.
The American company 3M has many inventions. Having started its activity in 1915 with the production of ordinary sandpaper, the company has expanded its range to 50 thousand items. The manufacturer's offices are located in different parts of the world, including Russia. The experts highlighted the brand's commitment to producing environmentally friendly and safe products. Natural resins are used as the main raw material. The film retains its protective properties in all weather conditions. The brand closes the TOP-6 of our rating.
Motorists praise the material for its transparency, elasticity and brand warranty. There are complaints in the reviews about poor stone protection, there are traces of the film on the body after dismantling.
- environmental friendliness and safety;
- does not fade;
- protects well against minor influences.
- stones break through the layer;
- there are traces of the film after removal.
The British company KPMF occupies the leading position in the auto vinyl market. The history of Kay Premium Marking Films began in 1991 with digital printing products. But over time, the bulk of production was taken by vinyl. The KPMF brand is associated by experts with high quality, excellent marketing and an extensive distribution network. In Russia, anti-gravel vinyl with a thickness of 130-140 microns has become the most popular. After hitting stones, small dents may remain, which can be easily removed with a construction hair dryer.
Domestic motorists in the reviews talk about such advantages of KPMF film as elasticity, affordable price, long service life (warranty from 6 to 8 years). Of the minuses, users note the yellowing of the coating.
- high quality;
- an extensive dealer network;
- affordable price;
- fading in the sun;
- peels off.
The French company Hexis boasts the richest range of protective films for cars. The experts included the brand in our rating for its exceptional transparency, even at a thickness of 150-160 microns. The service life of the material reaches 7 years, and there is no yellowing of the coating. The manufacturer offers several standard sizes of canvases (0.61 m, 1.22 and 1.52 m), which allows economical use of the film during installation. Experts praise French products for their strong glue and beautiful gloss.
Motorists liked the combination of price and quality of Hexis decorative film. But for high-quality application, a special gel is required, otherwise folds will form. The downside of strong glue is problematic dismantling.
- rich assortment;
- long service life;
- affordable price.
- complex installation;
- problematically removed.
A whole bunch of new protective films are offered to the Russian consumer by the American company Ultra Vision. Dealerships of the brand are open in Europe, Japan, Russia, Kazakhstan and other countries. In order for a potential buyer to independently test the film, the company distributes the Ultimate and Ultimate PLUS models (strips 200×300 mm) free of charge.
Experts are interested in the hybrid film, which is distinguished by its low price and beautiful appearance. The Supreme HP (Thermo) line has a homogeneous polymer structure with a high degree of transparency. The brand took only ninth place in the ranking due to disadvantages such as weak protective properties and a tendency to yellowing.
- a large number of new products;
- the possibility of self-testing;
- a wide range of prices;
- turns yellow;
- does not withstand treatment with solvent 646.
The Korean manufacturer of protective films Never Scratch has paid special attention to the extensibility and durability of the material. For this, he used an additional layer of extruded polyurethane. Thanks to this structure, it is excluded that the film breaks during installation on parts of complex configuration. Despite its great thickness (about 215 microns), the material demonstrates 100% UV transmission. The rate of burnout of body parts with and without film will be the same. The experts appreciated the improved gloss by including the brand in our ranking.
The material has several shortcomings that influenced the final position. This is the complexity of installation due to the tight and thick layer of glue and the lack of water-repellent properties.
- unique structure;
- high strength and durability;
- improved gloss.
- lack of hydrophobic properties;
- difficult to mount.
The protective film of the Korean company Solarnex optimally combines cost availability and good quality. The manufacturer produces a wide range of materials, in the catalog you can find not only budget, but also premium models with a lifetime warranty. Experts pay attention to the careful selection of raw materials, the availability of modern equipment and their own developments. For example, the top layer has high strength due to the embedded ceramics. At the same time, the film perfectly transmits UV rays, and during installation does not form shagreen. The brand is at the bottom of our rating.
Motorists note the high quality of premium films. But budget models do not cope with the protection of the body from stones.
- wide range of models;
- modern equipment;
- quality raw materials;
- innovative developments.
- low protective properties of budget films.
Attention! This rating is subjective and does not constitute an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.