Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
- How to choose a good thickness gauge
- Rating of the best thickness gauges
- The best thickness gauges for paint coatings
- CONDTROL Paint Pro
- Etari ET 11P
- Delta T 415
- RECXON RM-660
- The best universal thickness gauges
- Etari ET 740
- AKTAKOM ATE 7156
- The best ultrasonic thickness gauges
- Megeon 19220
- MEGEON 19100
How to choose a good thickness gauge
The speed of technology change is sometimes amazing, however current trends are less likely to affect such segments market, as thickness gauges and related complex devices. The topics no less, even despite a certain stagnation in the change of generations, These devices have a number of features that must be considered. when choosing. Among the main areas of the online magazine recommends pay attention to the following aspects:
- Type of display. The most trivial, but at the same time the most necessary parameter that directly affects the nature of measurements. The first models of thickness gauges were equipped with simple indicator strips, the build-up of which during measurement meant an increase in the thickness of the paintwork. But since people were interested in more quantitative indicators, to replace indicators quickly came to displays on which information It was already presented in the form of numbers. Highly recommend you look at more modern versions because of the banal information content of displays in comparison with indication screens.
- Display Dimensions Many users associate sizes display with great functionality of thickness gauges, and, in fact, are not far from the truth. Modern production trends come down to a gradual increase in the diagonal of the screen, which, by will case, accompanies the introduction of an increasing number of functions and programs. If you think in terms of convenience, ergonomics, then in in case of buying a multifunctional device, be sure to pay attention to the size of the display.
- Battery capacity. Pretty important technical thickness gauge parameter that determines its duration battery life. There are currently two the principle of powering devices: from a set of batteries or from full lithium ion batteries. In the first case, the elements are most often must be replaced, and their service life is calculated in months (less often over the years). In the second case, the energy element is subject to repeated charging processes, and its capacity is enough to work from a few days to a few weeks. In principle, in terms of both options are equivalent in reliability, and everything rests only on yours personal preferences.
- Execution. Thickness gauges for this parameter are divided into trigger and pinch. More classic an option is a device with a remote pressure sensor, which allows you to conduct measurements in hard to reach places. Trigger models, in turn, are characterized by an increased warranty period service equal to 1-1.5 years. But, if in the case of a remote sensor it is possible to replace it, the wear of the trigger sensor is practically cannot be repaired or replaced.
Rating of the best thickness gauges
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best thickness gauges for paint coatings||1||CONDTROL Paint Pro||9 990 rub.|
|2||Etari ET 11P||7 180 rub.|
|3||Delta T 415||6 600 rub.|
|4||RECXON RM-660||2 710 rub.|
|The best universal thickness gauges||1||Etari ET 740||7 180 rub.|
|2||CHY-115||7 100 rub.|
|3||AKTAKOM ATE 7156||9 381 rub.|
|The best ultrasonic thickness gauges||1||Megeon 19220||29 800 rub.|
|2||TEMP-UT1||49 200 rub.|
|3||MEGEON 19100||10 500 rub.|
The best thickness gauges for paint coatings
CONDTROL Paint Pro
Combined thickness gauge for use in the areas of automotive and construction, during laboratory research or a set of actions in the field conditions. It can work with both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, automatically selecting the most convenient diagnostic method (eddy current and magnetic, respectively). Has a wide measuring range, recording the thickness of the paintwork from 0.1 to 1600 micrometers, while the error in calibrated state does not exceed 3% of the real parameter.
The nominal weight of CONDTROL Paint Pro is 0.08 kilograms, which makes the device the lightest in its class. His popularity due to widespread professional diagnosticians of the condition of the car during the sale, mainly for ease of handling and greater reliability of the measured data. One of the best offers on the market, worthy of priority consideration of the number of proposals for the purchase.
- wide range of thickness measurements (0.1 – 1600 micrometers);
- high measurement accuracy (actual error value only 3%);
- extremely low weight of the device (80 grams);
- optimal ratio of price and quality parameters.
- not identified.
Etari ET 11P
Semi-automatic pistol-type thickness gauge that came on market as a Russified alternative to the CHY-115 model. In addition to fully adapting the interface to the Russian user, Eurotrade company has worked hard to modernize the performance of your product by making it resistant to low temperatures (lower limit of temperature range is -25 degrees Celsius). Combined, he able to work with both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, using several methods for diagnosing paintwork coverings.
Etari ET 11P measures thicknesses from 0 to 2000 micrometers, being the most functional device in the category of this indicator. The error value is also small, which guarantees high reliability of the data obtained even when measuring “in field “conditions. Work with this device most often representatives of car services and companies preparing for the sale used cars – among private diagnosticians such a “gun” is not received great popularity.
- the ability to measure coating thicknesses from 0 to 2000 micrometers;
- adaptability to work on ferrous and non-ferrous metals;
- improved conditions of use at low temperatures;
- high degree of ergonomics.
- not found.
Delta T 415
The Delta T 415 is a typical example of a “favorite of the public,” which when all its flaws shows excellent sales figures. This thickness gauge is used predominantly by independent car experts and multi-brand service centers with moderate stream of serviced cars. Flow limitation here plays a large role, because the thickness gauge has a very thin nuance: the amount of its memory is enough to store 10 measurements, and therefore, to make a quick measurement throughout the body, alas, not will work out.
The most powerful side of the Delta T 415 is the parameter reliability, both mechanical and temperature. Designed by specially for use in Russian conditions, the device is capable of withstand up to -35 degrees Celsius, without spontaneous outages, lags and freezes. If protection component and durability is primary for you, then this model will be ideal option to buy.
- an interface adapted for domestic users;
- high degree of mechanical reliability;
- small overall dimensions;
- low exposure to low temperatures.
- memory is designed for 10 measurements.
Similar to competitors in the segment, thickness measurement paintwork in RECXON RM-660 implemented using EMR principles (for ferrous metals) and eddy currents (for non-ferrous). The thickness measurement here ranges from 0 to 1250 micrometers, which is the most modest result in the selection, but sufficient to establish the degree of suitability of the body and painted metal for operation. The value of a possible deviation from the true the result is consistent with the rank of acceptable, but also not is optimal: ± 20 micrometers can play a trick, when it comes to boundary values.
As a European product, RECXON RM-660 unable to withstand low temperatures, therefore the use of the device in the winter is strictly limited. In fact, malfunctions are already observed at a temperature of -5 degrees Celsius, which is the weakest spot relevant assembly. However, for work in the summer, consumers have to model no complaints: the reliability of the definition of broken and primed places on cars is 97%, and with such indicators to develop expert inspection activities are more than possible.
- extremely simple management principle;
- Russified management interface.
- small range of working temperatures (from -5 to +40 degrees Celsius);
- measurement error (not particularly suitable for measurement responsible coatings).
The best universal thickness gauges
Etari ET 740
Until recently, it was CHY-115 that kept the brand of productive and popular thickness gauge, but Etari ET 740 output brought radical changes to the segment. First device set new standards for workmanship, being equipped the volume of internal memory for 10 thousand measurements, completely (and right) Russified menu, measuring range from 0 to 15,000 micrometers (which for magnetic devices is very, very many), as well as providing accuracy in the region of 0.05 micrometers. Secondly, for all its uniqueness, the cost is not too surpassed the previous market leaders, therefore, the pace of recruitment popularity turned out to be forced.
According to experts, the uniqueness of the Etari ET 740 lies in the ability to accurately determine the thickness even on a rough surface roughness, which under normal conditions is hindered by insufficient sensitivity of the inductor. In many ways, many reviewers are mistaken attribute this thickness gauge to the number of German products, although it Taiwanese craftsmen were entirely engaged in production. Be that as it may, in front of us is the clear leader of the segment the coming seasons, as well as further evidence of quality growth export production of Asian (read, Chinese) companies.
- Excellent value for money and quality;
- wide range of measured thicknesses (0-15000 micrometers);
- the ability to connect the device with a personal computer via infrared;
- the ability to save information about 10 thousand measurements.
- not detected.
A peculiar legend among the thickness gauges that ever hit to the domestic market, simply could not remain without a place in the ranking the best. Positioning as a device for checking the thickness paintwork layer of car bodies, CHY-115 managed to go beyond the boundaries of the nominal scope and began to appear in the field chemical, construction and even shipbuilding.
The main motive for using this model for users not only the outstanding parameters of measurement accuracy, but also the ability to record 255 measurements, which subsequently may be transferred to a PC for further analysis. Also for his CHY-115 is equipped with a very good LCD display with flexible brightness, backlight and exposure settings power saving mode. For correct measurements the thickness gauge requires preliminary calibration, after which the reliability of determining the quality of the coating reaches tremendous 99% – none of the presented indicators has this indicator thickness gauges.
- high accuracy and reliability of measurements;
- large storage capacity 255 indications;
- the presence of a USB port for connecting a computer;
- non-Russian interface.
AKTAKOM ATE 7156
Like all similar devices, AKTAKOM ATE 7156 uses the combined principle of measuring the thickness of the paintwork: eddy current – for color, and magnetic – for ferrous metal. His audience more often all become auto mechanics and independent appraisers, for whom speed of control operation and reliability are important obtained indicators.
The universality of the action of this model is expressed in possibilities of working in dual mode: continuous and single, which allow to localize and, accordingly, spontaneously check a specific surface area. Moreover, in one common a group can include up to 80 values, the memorization of which and calculated the amount of internal memory. Not bad considering that more expensive competitive models do not have even half of this memory reserve. In general, the AKTAKOM ATE thickness gauge 7156 is positioned as a serious device for integrated diagnostics, the use of which is most appropriate in service centers with a large flow of serviced vehicles.
- the presence of a USB connector for connecting a device with personal computers
- high accuracy of measurements;
- internal memory reserves (the ability to save up to 80 measurement results);
- dual mode of operation (continuous and single).
- probability of influence on measurements of extraneous magnetic fields.
The best ultrasonic thickness gauges
The later development of MEGEON, devoid of flaws early models. Can be used as traditional a thickness gauge that works exclusively with coatings, but not less well determines the thickness parameter and on solid metal, cast iron, polymer, ceramic and others (reflecting ultrasonic waves) products. The range of its measurements varies in the range of 0-18000 micrometers, slightly losing in size MEGEON 19100 models.
The main drawback of this thickness gauge, which is noted and users, and market experts, is the lack of protection against guidance of extraneous magnetic fields. In view of this circumstance the checkpoint should be located as far as possible from other electrical appliances (preferably in the field), otherwise the results will be false. However, in the rest components 19220 demonstrates an enviable constancy of high level, such as the presence of an LCD display and a convenient interface controls, complete case for transporting the device without risk of mechanical damage, low cost, satisfactory for independent car appraisers, low measurement error, etc.
- low basic measurement error;
- the presence of backlight on the LCD screen;
- complete with case for safe transportation instrument;
- ergonomic body, upscale performance;
- wide range of measured thicknesses (0-18000 micrometers);
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
- lack of a screen from inducing spurious magnetic fields.
TEMP-UT1 is one of the most reliable devices of all segment of industrial thickness gauges. It is mainly used for control the thickness of metal and cast iron products, but with no less degree of efficiency can work with rubber, glass and plastic surfaces. It is noteworthy that the calibration of the device allowed to significantly increase the accuracy of measurements – so that the average error for individual points is not exceeds 0.1 micrometer.
As consumers note, the energy consumption component of TEMP-UT1 undergone a thorough study, in connection with which one set batteries can last for a year of trouble-free and comfortable operation. The optimization and intuitiveness of the adapted stand out an interface that is understandable even for an absolute beginner in the matter of measurements thicknesses. Ultimately, if not for the high cost given a thickness gauge could be recognized as a reference.
- the amount of memory allows you to save the results of 100 measurements;
- intuitive control interface;
- low power consumption;
- moderately reliable housing that protects the filling from mechanical damage.
- high level of value;
- constant calibration of the thickness gauge for a specific type is required material.
Very cool device from domestic manufacturers, capable of measure thicknesses from 1,200 to 225,000 micrometers. Is the most a powerful tool in the segment, for which he naturally pays slight inconvenience when using. This is acute the need for applying on a controlled surface a special lapping solution giving the most tight contact of the coating and the receiver.
Widespread use of MEGEON 19100 due to the possibility control not only metal products, but also polymer, glass and ceramic surfaces, i.e. all those that reflect ultrasonic waves. Among the most significant advantages thickness gauge consumers also include the possibility of holding up to 10 thousand measurement cycles, a choice of 12 measuring speeds, excellent accuracy (of the order of 0.1 micrometer), as well as the presence of a function self-calibration according to the standard. From the point of view of operation, everything looks more than good, but in fact the acquisition of the device does not look so hassle-free. Just because the manufacturer is different large requests, which can be pulled only by car services and small part of experts in vehicle assessment.
- widespread in car services and industrial enterprises;
- wide range of measured thicknesses (1200-225000 micrometers);
- high measurement accuracy (0.1 micrometer);
- the ability to select the measurement speed (from 12 modes).
- high price;
- the need for lapping paste for proper operation the receiver.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.