Ranked 1st in the ranking:
BEST PREMIUM CLASS HEADPHONE HEADPHONES WITH GOOD SOUND
Go to rating
Specifications Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones
|View||full size, open|
|Frequency Response Range||6 – 51000 Hz|
|Type of mount||headband|
|Contact pressure||3. 4 N|
|Headphone jack||jack 6.3 mm|
|Length of cable||3m|
|Features||oxygen free copper wires|
Reviews on Headphones Sennheiser HD 800
- Pluses: Honest sound Comfortable fit Lightness
- Minuses: Price Deceptive volume Materials Source Requirement
- Minuses: These headphones in the world of bass brothers at first seem a little strange, but over time it becomes clear what exactly in other headphones there is a lot of bass behind which is hidden banal inability to correctly transmit it. Landing at least for me personally, but you need to monitor the cable – its weight can be feel. Thanks to the use of plastic, the headphones are incredible light for its size, but it’s both a plus in terms of weight and a minus in terms of materials. Although for now it’s hard for me to judge longevity local plastic. Headphones are very demanding on the source and reveal all the flaws. Moreover, both hardware and playable files themselves. Perhaps it’s because it’s mine the first headphones of this class, but I was struck by the danger volume up. There is no sensation with these headphones irregularities / unnatural sound – it just becomes louder. So you can damage your ears, if not be careful. What Regarding the price, then let everyone judge for himself. From my point Vision price / quality ratio is quite decent.
- Pluses: beautiful, comfortable, acoustic music in them really plays better than anywhere else.
- Disadvantages: Headphones are very demanding on the source. VERY! Them You need an extremely powerful amplifier and DAC with a gentle and soft sound. Despite the fact that putting together an ideal system with them is extremely expensive and difficult, pop music and rock will still sound extremely mediocre.
- Advantages: Inexpensive headphones with adequate sound. (inexpensive for my employer, I wouldn’t take it for myself)))). As for me very convenient for evaluating the whole scene! just great!
- Minuses: the quality is just slag !!!! Are you damn serious ??? falling off skin and cracking wire insulation on the headphones for 50k ????
The user has hidden his data
- Advantages: 1. Comfortable 2. Detailed, clear sound 3. Design
- Minuses: They sit on my head personally for me perfectly: nothing presses, does not hang out (in comparison with other available and tested). There is no distortion in the bass (as in pro 380) or at the top, as for example in T1 buyers. The scene is almost without prekras, as they say there are many, namely, analytical, neutral sound. For more than There are no complaints for 3 years of use: someone has a cord diverging here or paint is clinging – I didn’t notice that I store the headphones in a box, the main part of the cord is wound so as not to hang out and not interfere). I’m 100% satisfied with the headphones.
- Pluses: Excellent resolution, very comfortable.
- Disadvantages: the naturalness of the “sound picture” is brought in analyticity sacrifice
- Minuses: I’ve been listening to them for more than 3 years and I love them with all my heart. Immediately changed the stock cable to a balanced one, which significantly improved transmission accuracy and scale of the scene, “native” xlr CH 800S me completely satisfied. In my bundle with HDVA600 and Benchmark DAC1 headphones capable of reproducing very detailed, rich tones sound. Unfortunately, the HD800 will show you all the shortcomings of each component of your system. A peculiar sound supply allows both through the microscope to discern the slightest nuances, even in my opinion the world around people hear differently, “the frequency response of reality” is not the same as in The 800s. It will be fair to say that no headphones will give absolute correspondence of the recording to the real sound but if to chapter angle set “informative” – these headphones are one of the best existing tools today. Soundtrack in HD800 most similar to the sensations in the stalls or side bed (depends from recording), but you will not feel on stage next to musicians, which is probably correct. There is some (not literal) similarities in the character of the sound to the AKG Q701, but the 701s place the performer much closer to the listener and simplify tones, which is not strange given the cost of the latter. FROM With the acquisition of HD800, I stopped listening to the Denon d7000 and became higher appreciate solid-state amplifiers, as hear the tube sound at least I have not been lucky enough for a similar permit. By the way, for for several years of using the HD650, I never felt love for them and sold without big regrets, but I appreciate the HD800 and do not change them going to.
- Pluses: Great sound! Although the bass may seem and not enough …..
- Disadvantages: there were 2 cables, both original. – the first one is just dead in less than a year, for no apparent reason. (besides for this time, I used headphones only 3-4 times, at first I thought the amp is dead, but no – the cable!) – the second has a bare shell, near the connectors … I’m waiting for it to die 🙂 What can I say … apparently company policy is … to produce “quality” products, so that demand does not fall on her. And what else to do when the cable dies – Of course, buy a new one! and his price is very welcome … at the current rate of 15-20 thousand rubles.
- Disadvantages: In the current realities, the price in my opinion is too high, You can find no less high-quality analogues, perhaps better. It’s me I say, despite being a fan of products Sennheiser sensibly evaluating value for money.
- Pluses: Lightweight, healthy, extremely comfortable, sound
- Minuses: Sound
- Minuses: After almost a year of talking with these headphones I decided completely rewrite your review. So: The headphones are just gorgeous! You do not understand this immediately, but only after some time has passed. They are lightweight, comfortable on the head, give out a detailed, crystal clear and transparent sound, very different from all previous ones models (I listened to both the 595th and 600th, and 650th), describe it in words pretty hard, it must be heard! The sound stage is as if in the distance, but she’s not at all muffled, the impression that you are sitting in a concert anechoic hall. You can disassemble the slightest nuance of sound, where with other equipment it’s just not hear But there is a technical nuance on which stands stop in detail: For the first time I listened to them in one famous store where they came with an alternative, expensive silver cable cost in headphones and … I did not like absolutely. Forgot about for a long time, I used my 880th buyers and enjoyed life, but my soul asked for variety and so I came back to listen to them, listened and asked consultants “what will happen if you change cable? “and immediately found out that the cable was just not native, decided check what happens if you connect normally from the box and … oh miracle! Bass appeared in the headphones (before it was not from the word “ABSOLUTELY”) and the middle became saturated, I never thought that the cable can change the sound so much! Also, in fairness it is worth noting that with “copper” cost “only half headphones “they sounded better than with the native. I listened to them from my source and with your music. Source: ASUS Essence One MKII Muses Edition. The music is played only by classical or other melodious. It’s worth putting metal or something more dynamic with electric guitar and all the charm of the headphones disappears, the sound becomes flat and tasteless, but they were created clearly for connoisseurs sounds, not a mishmash of sounds, which in fact are many modern genres.
- Pluses: The sound is really great. A little less bass than in the HD650. Rather, there is another bass, apparently the HD650 has a small peak at about 60Hz so they are more “hammering”. Also after others headphones at first it seemed that these too whistle around 5kHz But then you get used to it and don’t notice. In general, the sound of pritenzy no.
- Disadvantages: In terms of price / quality ratio – less profitable option than the cheaper HD650. They certainly sound better, but not in 2 times. Further, I own them for about a year and a half and have to to state that the performance quality of cheaper HD650 and even HD595 was higher. During this time there were the following problems: 1) About a year later, the insulation on the parts of the wire suitable for the headphones burst or parted as if it were cut along the length revealing conductors inside. I’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else, even in the cheap CX300, and no longer expected in headphones with a recommended price of $ 1,400. On the audiophile forums I saw similar complaints from others users, so this seems pretty common problem. 2) The headband pad is a plate of transparent plexiglass with slots, to which a cushion of foam and all this is wrapped on top of Alcantara. Wherein some kind of low-quality glue is used – Alcantara peeled off and slides, and the plexiglass plate cracked in many places and would have crumbled long ago if it had not been for the foam rubber to which it is glued. Perhaps this stupid glue affects her like that. Headphones operated carefully enough, did not drop to the floor – just as like my other headphones including Sennheiser. All these parts can be bought online, but they are quite expensive – the original the cable is about $ 200 and the cover is about $ 40 ($ 40, Karl !!!) Sennhesier tech support is missing as a class – write to them – empty waste of time. They didn’t even kick somewhere – just ignored.
- Pluses: Detailing, stereo panorama. Excellent low frequencies, do not mutter and do not clog everything else.
- Disadvantages: Very noticeable resonance at a frequency of about 7-10 kHz. Harsh high frequencies. The sound changes a lot in depending on the position of the headphones on the head. Creeping silver paint. The headband is not very comfortable for me personally. IN only one thick hard cable with jack included 6.5mm.
- Minuses: Good headphones, but the price seems overpriced.
- Advantages: 1. Elegant sound in all respects. 2. Very light and comfortable. 3. Qualitatively made (really manual assembly in Germany). 4. Excellent complete cable length of 3 meters.
- Minuses: Nuances, not disadvantages: 1. Expensive (but this is the top headphones, and the price / quality ratio is excellent). 2. They need high quality source and separate headphone amplifier. 3.Someone may miss the bass. 4. “Pull out” all the flaws of the record and your audio system.
- Disadvantages: Excellent dynamic Hi-End headphones. Sound with a transistor headphone amplifier (class A) is very good. Headphones have a “bright” sound. In general, the top is the top. I recommend music lovers and audiophiles! A couple of pictures: http://cs629105.vk.me/v629105230/30447/fH2fqmcX0Lo.jpg http://cs629105.vk.me/v629105230/30450/1qXNtaj8bL4.jpg