Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
In a private house, unlike a multi-storey building, much more heat loss. Heated air gives off temperature walls, windows, roof and floor. In order not to spend even more money on heating, it is advisable to carry out insulation, for which they are produced various materials. We have prepared a rating of the best heaters for home, compiled on the basis of reviews by masters and ordinary buyers, as well as product characteristics. This will help navigate the variety and choose a heater for houses with optimal properties for walls, attic or floor and reasonable price.
- How to choose a heater for the house
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of insulation
- Rating of the best heaters for home
- The best basalt heaters
- Hotrock smart
- The best polystyrene foam insulation
- Technol XPS Technoplex
- Penoplex Comfort
- The best foam insulation
- Knauf Therm House
- PSB S 15-O
- The best fiberglass insulation
- Isover Warm House
- Ursa geo
- The best insulation made of polyester fiber
- Shelter EcoStroy ShES Arctic
How to choose a heater for the house
Our rating contains the most popular types of insulation. Before its consideration will briefly touch on the main parameters, on which you should pay attention when choosing:
- Thermal conductivity. The indicator informs about the quantity heat that can go through different materials with the same conditions. The lower the value, the better the substance will protect the house from freezing and save money on heating. The very best the values are 0.031 W / (mK), the average are 0.038-0.046 W / (mK).
- Vapor permeability. Implies the ability to skip through itself particles of moisture (breathe) without holding it in the room. IN otherwise, excess moisture will be absorbed into the building materials and promote mold. Heaters are divided into vapor permeable and impermeable. The value of the former is from 0.1 to 0.7 mg / (m.p. Pa).
- Shrinkage. Over time, some heaters lose volume or shape under its own weight. It requires more frequent fixing points during installation (partitions, pressure strips) or use them only in horizontal position (floor, ceiling overlap).
- Mass and density. Density depends on the density specifications. The value varies from 11 to 220 kg / m3. Than it the higher the better. But with an increase in the density of the insulation its weight also increases, which must be taken into account when loading on building construction.
- Water absorption (hygroscopicity). If insulation exposed to direct water (accidental spillage on the floor, roof leakage), then it can either withstand it without harm, or deform and deteriorate. Some materials are not hygroscopic, but others absorb water from 0.095 to 1.7% by weight in 24 hours.
- Operating temperature range. If the insulation laid in the roof or directly behind the heating boiler, next to the fireplace in the walls, etc., then aging plays an important role elevated temperature while maintaining material properties. Value some range from -60 to +400 degrees, while others reach -180 … + 1000 degrees.
- Combustibility Insulation for the home can be non-combustible, low combustible and highly combustible. This affects the protection of the building when accidental fire or intentional arson.
- Thickness. The section of the reservoir or roll insulation may be from 10 to 200 mm. It affects how much places will need to be allocated to the structure for its placement.
- Durability. The service life of some insulation reaches 20 years, and others to 50.
- Easy styling. Soft heaters can be cut a little with a margin and they will tightly fill a niche in the wall or floor. Solid heaters need to be cut exactly in size so as not to leave “bridges of cold.”
- Environmental friendliness. Implies the ability to secrete pairs in living quarters during operation. Most often these are binders resins (natural origin), so most materials environmentally friendly. But during installation, some types can create plentiful dust cloud harmful to respiratory organs and pricking hands that require protection with gloves.
- Chemical resistance. Determines whether on top insulation to lay plaster and paint the surface. Some types completely stable, others lose 6 to 24% of their weight when in contact with alkalis or acidic medium.
Advantages and disadvantages of different types of insulation
Having considered the criteria for choosing a heater for the house, we formulate briefly the advantages and disadvantages of types of thermal insulation materials in the table for clarity.
+ LOW HEAT CONDUCTIVITY
+ EASY TO CUT AND STACK
+ VAPOR RESISTANCE
+ DO NOT burn
+ LOW WEIGHT
+ THICKNESS RANGE FROM 50 TO 200 MM
+ DENSITY FROM 11 TO 200 KG / M3
-MAY LOSE FORM
– SOILS WATER
-When laying, PROTECTION OF RESPIRATORY BODIES IS NEEDED
+ STRENGTH TO COMPRESSION
+ LOW HEAT CONDUCTIVITY
+ LOW WATER ABSORPTION
+ SAVE THE FORM AFTER YEARS
+ THICKNESS RANGE FROM 20 TO 50 MM
– NEED TO CUT EXACTLY BY SIZE
– NOT SUITABLE FOR ROOF
– RELEVANT TO A MOBILE GROUP
– MAX DENSITY 35 KG / M3
+ REASONABLE PRICE
+ NOT AFRAID OF WATER
+ SAVES FORM
+ ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
+ SUPPORTS MECHANICAL LOADS
+ DO NOT EAT RODENTS
+ THICKNESS RANGE FROM 20 TO 50 MM
+ LOW WEIGHT
-REQUIRES ACCURATE CUTTING WHEN LAYING
– THE CORNERS ARE CRASHING DURING THE INSTALLATION
– NOT SUITABLE FOR ROOFING
– AVERAGE HEAT CONDUCTIVITY FROM 0.041 W / (mK)
+ REASONABLE PRICE
+ WELL SEALS
+ DO NOT burn
+ ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE
+ RANGE OF THICKNESS 50-200 MM
-COLET OF HAND AND HARM LUNG WHEN INSTALLED
– AVERAGE HEAT CONDUCTIVITY FROM 0.04 W / (mK)
-LESS CHEMICAL RESISTANCE
+ DO NOT DRINK WATER
+ DO NOT LOSE FORM
+ LOW THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY
+ FREE FROM PHENOL
+ SHEETS CRASH
+ LOW WEIGHT
Rating of the best heaters for home
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best basalt heaters||1||Rockwool||695 rub|
|2||Hotrock smart||302 rub|
|The best polystyrene foam insulation||1||Technopol XPS Technoplex||1 100 rub.|
|2||Penoplex Comfort||980 rub.|
|The best foam insulation||1||Knauf Therm House||890 rub|
|2||PSB S 15-O||1 688 rub.|
|The best fiberglass insulation||1||Isover Warm House||660 rub|
|2||Ursa geo||800 rub|
|The best insulation made of polyester fiber||1||Shelter EcoStroy ShES Arctic||1 780 rub.|
The best basalt heaters
This category of insulation in the rating is also called stone. or mineral wool. Get it by melting basalt rocks, during which thin villi are formed. Substance completely natural, but natural pitches.
In the first place in the rating of basalt insulation for home is a company product from Denmark. Vata is available in rolls and plates, which is convenient for installation on lags or when laying in the walls. The material can be used for both indoor and outdoor home insulation. In thickness, the manufacturer offers options from 50 up to 100 mm with a density of 37 kg / m3. Stone wool is completely non-combustible and safe for living quarters. Masters in reviews share that you can buy it in various packaging of 6-12 sheets per pack, which is practical for different volumes of work. Suitable insulation for all building materials in the house. Wool fibers are capable withstand temperatures up to 1000 degrees, so it can to cover even the walls of the fireplace.
Our experts liked the insulation for the house because of the availability new Flexi technology. One of the edges of the sheet has a spring property and is further expanded after installation. Such a land specially marked by manufacturers and improves tightness styling, for which the product was included in the rating of the best.
- does not crumble during installation;
- excellent sound insulation;
- easy to fit;
- light weight at a density of 37 kg / m3.
- the whole body is very itchy after installation;
- thermal conductivity increases when wet;
- absorbs water up to 1 kg per m2;
- need more supports for vertical mounting.
In second place in the ranking is a product from the Russian manufacturer. This insulation is available in the form of plates with a thickness of 50-100 mm and has a thermal conductivity of 0.036 W / (mK). At its production used organic substances (resins) not more than 2.5%, so during operation no smells stand out in the house. The insulation layer does not fully support burning and can be used as a fire barrier in metal doors.
We included insulation in the rating of the best due to good combination of price and quality, with which buyers agree in the reviews. The company guarantees a service life of insulation in the house up to 50 years. Release basalt slabs are carried out on German equipment, and for melting rock used a new furnace that provides good quality at an affordable price. Also, the material has a compressibility of up to 50%, versus 30% among competitors, so the masonry is especially dense and the insulation layer takes up less space in the room.
- low weight – with dimensions of 1200×600 mm the plate weighs less kilogram;
- absolutely not lit;
- low thermal conductivity;
- has three safety certificates in Russia;
- suitable for cold attics, pitched roofs and insulation gender.
- water absorption 1.5%;
- loses shape without proper fixation;
- density 22 kg / m3 loses to competitors;
- not recommended for house walls.
The best polystyrene foam insulation
Extruded polystyrene foam is obtained by foaming. polystyrene. The result is a hardened foam with small cells isolated from each other. Thin walls do not allow actively transmitted to temperature, due to which the effect occurs isolation.
Technol XPS Technoplex
In this category of heaters in the first place is the product, known for its white-green packaging. Insulation for home made in Russia. The material is available in the form of plates with thickness from 20 to 100 mm, what masters like in reviews, because it allows you to choose the optimal cross section for various parts of the house. The use of thermal insulation in the bathroom is allowed. and in the kitchen, because it is capable of letting steam through by a factor 0.01 mg / (mchPa). At the same time, the surface does not absorb water, preventing fungus development.
Our experts liked the insulation because of its durability on compression of 0.1 MPa with a strain of 10%. This allows to insulate floors on lags and not worry about what is done on them load. It can also be used in the organization of warm floors in house with pipe or cable laying. This effect was achieved by adding nanocarbon, visible by a light gray hue. For that goods and crushed in the rating as the best for floor insulation.
- wide range in thickness from 20 to 100 mm;
- low thermal conductivity 0.032 W / (mK);
- L-shaped edge for easy establishment under the structure;
- almost does not absorb water (0.1%);
- high vibration resistance.
- high price;
- the substance burns and smokes heavily;
- It is made only in plates.
In second place in the ranking is another domestic insulation used for sound and heat insulation of the house. Extruded polystyrene foam has a thickness of 3-5 cm and is available sheets of 118×58 cm. Sold in packages of 4-12 sheets. Coefficient thermal conductivity is close to minimum and amounts to 0.033 W per meter to Kelvin. The manufacturer assures of versatility insulation both in spatial distribution and in temperature range. The substance does not deteriorate from precipitation. and differs in compressive strength up to 0.18 MPa. But users in reviews are divided, the material can damage rodents in the house, therefore, you should first bring them out, and then carry out the installation.
We marked this insulation in the rating as optimal for thermal insulation of the balcony in a two-story house, porch or closed terraces. The product is designed to preserve its properties even when temperature -50 degrees, therefore suitable for operation in unheated rooms. Masters in reviews recommend it as for internal and external insulation of the house.
- keeps shape well;
- universal in application;
- serves up to 50 years;
- does not deteriorate from water and frost.
- Do not lay next to heat sources emitting temperature over 75 degrees;
- high price;
- combustible material;
- Precise cutting required.
The best foam insulation
The material is obtained by foaming the polymer, but differs from the previous group of products in the ranking in larger cells. This the technology is easier to implement, so insulation for the home is cheaper, but the density is one of the lowest.
Knauf Therm House
In the first place in the ranking was the product of a well-known brand, the name of which directly indicates the intended use – home insulation. Suitable for flooring on logs, insulation pitched roof, bookmarks in niches of walls. Environmentally friendly and in during operation does not emit harmful gases into the room. The manufacturer claims a heater life of up to 100 years. The product is manufactured according to GOST 15588-2014 and has certificates quality. Unlike extruded species, this one is not attractive. for rodents.
Insulation is rated by experts as the lightest – weight a sheet of 100×60 cm with a thickness of 5 cm is 400 g. This is the best option for decorating the walls of the house, if the masonry so gives a large foundation load and minimum weight required insulating layer so as not to harm the base. But in view of the rigid structure of the master in the reviews is advised to isolate the seams polyurethane foam to eliminate “bridges of cold”.
- the lowest price in the entire rating of goods;
- a light weight;
- many options for the cross section and size of the plates;
- not afraid of water.
- density of only 10 kg / m3;
- burns and emits toxic smoke at the same time;
- crumbles during installation;
- it is necessary to precisely cut and additionally isolate the seams sealant.
PSB S 15-O
In second place in the ranking are goods of a domestic manufacturer, produced with a density of 10 kg / m3. It gives light weight and minimum cost that many users like in reviews. But the tensile strength of the hardened foam is small and is 0.05 MPa during compression, and if you try to bend, the material breaks. The thermal conductivity of the insulation is average – 0.042 W per meter per Kelvin. But the installation does not need numerous jumpers and points fixing, so laying in the house takes less time. The plate can be located in any spatial position.
We added insulation to the rating as having the widest line of sizes. Polyfoam is available with dimensions of 1×1 m, 1×1.2 m, 1×2 m, which is convenient for quick installation in the walls of the house, so that immediately sew up a large area. On request, the manufacturer can provide other sizes required by the user.
- resistant to aging;
- not affected by moisture;
- Do not spoil microorganisms;
- environmentally friendly.
- low density 10 MPa;
- on sale is designated in the old GOST (PSB-S15) and in a new way (PPS-10), which leads to confusion;
- burns strongly in contact with fire;
- need additional sealing joints.
The best fiberglass insulation
This type of product in the ranking is popularly called glass wool. It is produced by melting soda, sand, borax, limestone and glass battle. This gives thick fibers of various kinds, effectively delaying heat transfer. Material is cheaper analogues, but strongly pricks his hands during installation.
Isover Warm House
In the first place in this rating category, goods known to the whole world. Glass wool for home is available in rolls with a cross section of 5 cm and a width of 55 cm. In production, the company applies patented TEL technology characterized by high environmental friendliness. The insulation is suitable for use in a roof house. pitched and direct, in floors and wall partitions. Product Complies with ISO9001 and EN13162 standards. In addition to heat insulation contributes to noise protection. The substance has thermal conductivity indicator 0.040 W / (mK). Buyers in the reviews note the available price and long service life with proper protection against water.
Our experts added insulation to the rating due to the convenient release forms in rolls from 5.5 to 7 meters long. It’s practical when filling walls in drywall partitions, so that immediately close the space from floor to ceiling and do with a minimum of cuts. A thickness of 50 mm is well suited to the width of the profile.
- meets hygiene standards (can be used in child care facilities);
- does not burn;
- completely from natural materials;
- elastic and does not require exact dimensions when cutting;
- lets steam out of the house.
- poorly kept in shape;
- properties get wet when wet;
- inconvenient to stack;
- average thermal conductivity.
In second place in the ranking of glass wool category is domestic brand, which is often used as a common name when specifying the type of insulation. Now these products are known throughout CIS and is in high demand. Insulation thickness for the house varies from 5 to 10 cm, and the width of the roll is 120 cm. A square meter weighs 1 kg (with a cross section of 10 cm), which is convenient for calculation of mass on supporting structures. Glass wool allowed insulate not only the walls, floor and roof in the house, but also pipes chimney, heating, ventilation. The product belongs to the class fire hazard KM0. Masters in reviews like vapor permeability, component of 0.64 mg / mchPa, but its thermal conductivity loses to peers and is in the range 0.040-0.046 W / (mK).
The product is rated as the best for pitched roofs and floor insulation in the house, since it is also available in comfortable rolls. At the customer’s choice there can be two rolls of 6 m each in one packaging, or one, with a length of 10 m. When installed in floors on lags it allows you to stretch one roll immediately along the length of the room and save time.
- glass wool does not burn;
- light weight simplifies transportation and styling;
- Does not seriously affect the foundation;
- high sound insulation;
- compatible with wood, aerated concrete, foam blocks, brick.
- low density 11 kg / m3;
- gets wet and changes shape;
- inconvenient to stack due to increased causticity.
The best insulation made of polyester fiber
Polyester fiber is produced by processing plastic containers and other raw materials, which contributes to the preservation of the environment. IN the result is multidirectional synthetic fibers, good vapor transmission, but delaying heat transfer. In appearance and the characteristics of the substance are similar to sintepon.
Shelter EcoStroy ShES Arctic
This is the latest technology-rated product. MicroFiber The insulation is obtained with multidirectional villi, creating an elastic layer with a constantly maintained shape. Effect Firba consists in the easy passage of steam. More nanotechnology managed to achieve a hollow structure of the villi, due to which temperature lingers better and sounds are absorbed. Substance It is hypoallergenic and phenol free. According to environmental indicators purity is 100%. Thermal conductivity is at a minimum level – 0.031 W / (mK), which customers like in reviews. The insulation does not decay and is not of interest to rodents.
Our experts included the product in the rating as the best for insulation houses in a cold region, which confirms the name “Arctic”. 100 mm of this material is replaced by 125 mm mineral wool, so it will be possible to achieve high thermal insulation with less layer thickness.
- low thermal conductivity;
- water repellent properties;
- does not decay and is not attractive to rodents;
- service life of 50 years;
- need less thickness compared to other materials.
- high price;
- weak, but supports combustion;
- emits harmful smoke when ignited.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.