Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Manual grater for vegetables at first glance a simple tool, which is present in the kitchen of every housewife. But modern the range of shredders and choppers is so large that it’s easy get lost among the mass of diverse offers. To facilitate your choice, we made a rating in which we collected the most popular models of vegetable cutters according to experts and buyers.
- How to choose the best grater for vegetables
- Care Rules
- Rating of the best graters for vegetables
- Joseph Joseph Spiro
- Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”
- Regent Inox “Presto” Non-stick coated 23 cm high
- Augustin Welz “, 4 nozzles
- Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1, 20104
- Regent Inox “Presto” square, with container, 15 cm
- One-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”
- Borner Baby-Grater Lime
- Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721
How to choose the best grater for vegetables
- The material of manufacture. Metal, plastic, wood, ceramics. The most practical option is a cutting surface of of stainless steel. But the case and the handle can be plastic, but it is important that the plastic is food grade.
- Destination Multifunctionality or slicing specific product (Korean carrots, onion rings, zest lemon). Specialized (they are also called professional) vegetable cutters have one, most often a flat cutting surface. Hand-held universal graters can have a square, rectangular, hexagonal or pyramidal, with nozzles for small, large slices, shredders, mashed potatoes.
- The convenience of use. Anti-slip coating on handle and base of the product. Some models have capacities, designed for storing sharp cutting elements and slicing vegetables. The width of the cutting surface should be no more than 10 cm.
- It is forbidden to dip graters in boiling water so as not to damage coating;
- Do not use abrasive cleaning materials;
- When darkening or staining blades and plastic elements you can wipe the surface with vinegar or lemon juice;
- Do not store vegetable cutters in the immediate vicinity items that corrode;
- It’s better to clean the surface immediately after application, Dry wiping all parts;
- Almost all graters can be washed in the upper part of the dishwasher machines, at a temperature of no more than 65 ° C.
Rating of the best graters for vegetables
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best graters for vegetables||1||Joseph Joseph “Spiro”, with three blades||1 800 rub.|
|2||Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”||875 rub|
|3||Regent Inox Presto||539 rub|
|4||Augustin Welz, 4 nozzles||900 rub|
|5||Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1||1 970 rub.|
|6||Regent Inox “Presto” tetrahedral||321 rub|
|7||One-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”||250 rub|
|8||Borner Baby-Grater Lime||323 rub|
|9||Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721||191 rub|
Joseph Joseph Spiro
Spilizer Joseph Joseph “Spiro” tops the list of the best grater for vegetables. Spiral nozzle allows you to get thin spiral noodles, opening up interesting possibilities when cooking and decorating dishes. There’s one big one with the sprayer, one medium nozzle, a cheese grinder and a small but capacious container.
Practical grip handle makes grater easy to hold on the table. All nozzles are hidden inside a container measuring 16 x 7.8 x 7.8 mm Material of manufacture: stainless steel, ABC, polypropylene, thermoplastic rubber, SAN.
- Slices vegetables in thin and long spiral strips;
- Knives are stored in containers;
- 3 cutting nozzles;
- Safety when using;
- It is used for small and large root crops.
- Hard to grate hard raw vegetables;
- For portioned use only.
Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor”
Augustin Welz “Mini Rotor” – a hand-held grater rotor takes the second line of our rating. It is completed with two sharp nozzles with the possibility of coarse and fine grinding. Special design allows you to crumble products directly above the dish. Body rotor, fruit stand and handle – acrylic. Cutting stainless steel elements – super sharp, sharpened with new technology of special chemical etching.
Thanks to the small size, the “mini-rotor” fits easily on every kitchen. All parts are disassembled and washed in the dishwasher. machine at a temperature not exceeding 65 ° C. The Augustin Welz brand is from Great Britain, assembly is made in China. Sizes: height – 10 cm, width – 19 cm.
- Mini rotor for chopping hard and soft vegetables;
- Compact design;
- Very sharp cutting tips;
- Small size;
- Suitable only for batch rubbing.
Regent Inox “Presto” Non-stick coated 23 cm high
On the 3rd line of the rating is the 4-sided Regent Inox “Presto” with non-stick sliding coating. Cutting blade made of stainless steel. On top is a special anti-stick coating designed to provide chopping vegetables without sticking to the surface. Non-stick also creates a protective film, so vegetables do not come into contact with metal and they retain all useful elements.
The Regent Inox “Presto” provides four sharp nozzles on each side – small, large, shredder and shredder. Tread out silicone on the base and handle prevents movement on the table and protects kitchen surfaces from scratches. The product may be washed in the dishwasher, but some buyers say that because This Non-stick coating begins to crack off over time.
- Anti-sticking effect;
- 5 types of blades in one product;
- High level of security;
- Lightly rub hard vegetables.
- The coating may be chipped;
- Sometimes gum exfoliates at the base.
Augustin Welz “, 4 nozzles
“Augustin Welz” 4 in 1 falls on the 4th level of our rating popularity among manual vegetable cutters. Complete with Augustin Welz comes a plastic fruit holder, container and four cutting blades. Nozzles made of non-oxidizing stainless steel, non-harmful substances that make food unpleasant smack. The case is made of food-grade plastic. Anti slip silicone pads help keep graters in the kitchen surface.
Blade tips can be stored right inside the grater body, and special grooves on the sides come in handy when placing graters on dishes different diameters. All parts are disassembled, cleaned and washed by hand. or in the dishwasher.
Grater sizes: 29 x 12 x 5 cm. Diameter of the container: 28 x 12.5 x 5.5 cm
- Grater with four nozzles;
- A container for storing vegetables and nozzles;
- Grooves for placement on dishes.
- Not found.
Joseph Joseph “Prism Box”, 4 in 1, 20104
On the fifth line in the ranking we put Joseph Joseph “Prism Box “. This grater is a multifunctional combination of nozzles for various vegetables. “Prism Box” has pyramidal shape and provides for four steel blades – large, small, very small, stars.
Pyramid-shaped plastic container with a tight lid intended for rubbing and subsequent storage of rubbed products can serve as a lunch box and storage tray knives. Due to its compactness, the grater takes up minimal the amount of space in the kitchen cabinet.
Anti-slip handle reduces risk of injury while using the “Prism Box”. The bottom of the container is also equipped non-slip base.
Country of origin: China.
Dimensions: 5.5 x 15.5 x 19 cm, weight: 335 gr.
- 4 in 1 grater with a container;
- Anti-slip coating;
- Storage of nozzles in containers.
- Not found.
Regent Inox “Presto” square, with container, 15 cm
We ranked 6th in the Regent Inox “Presto” ranking. A tetrahedral grater with a 200 gram plastic capacity made of stainless steel and designed for portioned chopping small-sized vegetables.
The model has a fairly compact size (15 x 8.5 x 6 cm) and it is completed with a plastic container (9 x 6.5 x 6.5 cm) with divisions in different measuring units. The container is tightly attached to the grater, which allows you to grind products directly above it. But sometimes, because high density, products may crumble during removing the grater from the base. Plastic handle and non-slip coating on the “legs” contribute to the comfortable use of graters on any surface.
- 4 sharp cutting knives;
- Ergonomic capacity
- Practical handle;
- Sharp choppers;
- Small size;
- Difficulty in opening the container.
One-sided grater Moulinvilla “Masterclass”
Moulinvilla “Masterclass” took 7th position in the ranking of the most the best graters for vegetables. Moulinvilla brand is developing original design solutions. The mission of the company is convenience in cooking and decorating the kitchen.
One-sided Moulinvilla “Masterclass” made of stainless steel and has only one shallow blade. Professional sharpening ensures that the grater does not dull even after repeated use. For convenient storage a loop for hanging is provided. Size: 270 x 58 x 10 mm. Diameter of a working zone: 8 x 8 cm. The product is made in China.
- Has one sharp blade of small cut;
- Compact one-sided grater;
- Not stupid after repeated use.
- Not found.
Borner Baby-Grater Lime
The BORNER vegetable slicer rightfully takes the penultimate, 8th place in ranking of the best graters for vegetables. BORNER vegetable cutters more 30 years are in great demand among buyers.
The absence of metal elements makes Baby-Grater ideal. assistant in the preparation of baby food. Production material – food grade plastic that is shock resistant.
The grater has two sides: one for large chips, the second is for mashed potatoes. “Baby-Grater” does not crush products, but grinds them, so all the healthy vitamins saved.
The manufacturer claims that enough to clean the grater knock it on the table several times, however, buyers note that particles that need to be stuck in the teeth manually.
Size Borner Baby-Grater: 24.5 x 10 x 1.5 cm. Country manufacturer: Germany.
- Foodproof shockproof plastic;
- Used to make baby food;
- Two sides for mashed and coarse slices.
- There are difficulties with cleaning small parts of the grater;
- You need to make an effort when rubbing raw vegetables.
Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. ATV721
The last place in the ranking goes to mirror hex. Stainless steel grater Attribute “Viva Gray-Green”. Legs from silicone provide high stability when working with products, and the handle helps to keep the vegetable cutter on the surface.
The main virtue of the Attribute “Viva Gray-Green” is high stability on the basis and availability of six various nozzles for chopping raw and boiled vegetables. The grater is easy to care for: just rinse with warm water after use and wipe dry clean cloth.
- Low cost;
- 6 blades for vegetables;
- High stability on a working surface;
- Mirror stainless steel.
- Not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.