Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Edge milling cutters are used for lateral processing of edges. blanks or creating furrows. With their help, grooves are selected, grooves, chamfer, round the corners of the board. The power tool is so delicate that it neatly handles materials coated with laminate or veneer. You can apply trimmers not only on wood, but also on drywall or tile. let’s let’s figure out how to choose an edge mill and which models are more customers praise customers for their reviews.
- How to choose an edge mill
- Rating of the best edge milling machines
- The best network edge milling machines
- DeWalt D 26200
- Makita RT0700CX2
- BOSCH GKF 600 Professional
- Hammer FRZ710 PREMIUM
- Makita 3709
- Wortex MM 5013-1 E
- The best cordless edge milling machines
- BOSCH GKF 12V-8 2×3.0Ah L-Boxx
- Makita DRT50ZJX2
- RYOBI R18TR-0
How to choose an edge mill
Key parameters when choosing an edge mill are:
- Power. The indicator is from 400 to 900 watts. Affects speed of operation, heating of the engine under continuous loads, the ability to set cutters of a certain diameter. For a hobby enough power 400-500 watts. Regular use on production or workshop will require a return of 600-900 watts.
- The number of revolutions. Varies from 10,000 to 40,000 in a minute. The higher the value, the better the final quality. surface finish.
- Cutter stroke. It occurs in the range of 20-80 mm. Affects the depth of the created grooves and the thickness of the processed board.
- Functions Speed adjustment allows you to work with different density materials (for hardwood set higher speed, and for soft rocks or plastic rotation intensity is reduced). Soft start prevents jerking at the start. Protection against unintentional start increases safety. Auto shutdown during overload will save motor winding from fusion. Maintenance of turns under load provides the same result, regardless of pressure from the side the operator.
- Equipment. Manufacturers can put in a set of 1-2 milling cutters, guides for parallel processing, case, adapter for connecting to a vacuum cleaner. This increases the cost of the goods, but not will require the purchase of additional components before starting work.
- Convenience of retention. Edge milling cutters belong to light class and held with one hand. Check grip comfort and rubber pads to prevent the power tool from slipping into hand.
- Weight. The ease of edgebanding depends on the mass. milling cutter. Trimmer weight is 1-3 kg.
- Clamp chuck diameter. In the tool for edge machining collets with a clamp of 6, 8 or 10 mm in diameter. Under the first, it is more difficult to find a shank.
Rating of the best edge milling machines
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Top network edge milling machines||1||DeWalt D 26200||14 343 rub.|
|2||Makita RT0700CX2||11 274 rub.|
|3||BOSCH GKF 600 Professional||11 760 rub.|
|4||Hammer FRZ710 PREMIUM||6 490 rub.|
|5||Makita 3709||4 908 rub.|
|6||Wortex MM 5013-1 E||3 610 rub.|
|The best cordless edge milling machines||1||BOSCH GKF 12V-8 2×3.0Ah L-Boxx||15 900 rub.|
|2||Makita DRT50ZJX2||14 178 rub.|
|3||RYOBI R18TR-0||6 600 rub.|
The best network edge milling machines
It’s time to get acquainted with specific models that differ decent features and popular with buyers. Let’s start with network milling machines that are optimal for stationary workplace, where there is a 220 V.
DeWalt D 26200
In the first place is the edging milling cutter from DeVolt, which has power of 900 watts and issuing from 16,000 to 27,000 rpm. Them the amount is adjusted by the rotary wheel at the top corps. The maximum diameter of the cutter is allowed up to 36 mm. At collet cartridge common size 8 mm. Tooling may fall deep into the workpiece up to 5.5 cm, therefore the edging machine is suitable for work with thick boards. Soft start eliminates the jerk at the start and allows you to initially place the router on the workpiece. When changing load, revolutions are held in a predetermined amount. Although in consumables are not attached to it, but there is a transparent branch pipe for connecting a dust extraction system. Buyers praise in reviews high build quality and stability retention size when sampling.
This edge trimmer leads the category in power and reliability. 900 watts is the maximum for network power tool. Due to the increased processing power of the milling cutter handle oak, ash, beech and other hard rocks, even if the operation will be daily for 6-8 hours.
- have a smooth start;
- rotation speed can be adjusted;
- milling stroke up to 55 mm;
- can be connected to a dust extraction system.
- sold without mills;
- high price;
- no case.
The RT0700CX2 milling machine has a power of 710 watts and can work with revolutions from 10 to 30 thousand / min. Attached to it in the kit two 6 and 8 mm collets, as well as a transport bag and adapter for connecting to a vacuum cleaner. The manufacturer took care of the availability copy inserts for edgebanding pattern. The trimmer has a smooth start and maintains constant revolutions under load. The length of the power cord is 2.5 m, therefore, an extension cord is indispensable. Judging by the reviews, buyers the goods like quiet operation, despite the power of 710 watts, and precision processing.
The advantage of this edging model is the ability One-touch diving depth changes. Unlike most other products in the review, here you can change the height the location of the dressed sole by bending the side clip. Design competing milling cutters provides in this place a screw that requires great manipulation when adjusting. More in the edge trimmer Makita RT0700CX2 clear scale carved on metal, which will not be erased after years of operation.
- there is a speed adjustment;
- most of the body is made of metal;
- easy brush replacement;
- rubberized holding zone on a rack of soles.
- there is no illumination of the working area;
- short network wire 2.5 m;
- weak spindle lock
BOSCH GKF 600 Professional
We gave the third place to the GKF 600 milling cutter from Bosch, which refers to the professional series. Edge machine tool endowed power of 600 watts and spindle spins up to 33,000 rpm. Key Launch recessed into the housing, which eliminates accidental inclusion. IN The kit provides two collets of 6 and 8 mm. Immersion depth cutters is 3.5 cm. Brushes are easy to replace thanks to the side hatches. Parallel to the power tool emphasis, directing and open-end wrench. The goods are placed in durable a suitcase that facilitates storage and transportation. Reviews users show that the edging power tool has an impressive work resource and is able to function without breaks of 40 minutes.
In our opinion, the milling cutter is the best in terms of the ratio of consumed watts and the number of revolutions. With a power of 600 W, the edge trimmer gives out 33,000 rpm, which surpasses even the two leaders described above review. If you require a particularly smooth finish edges, then choose this particular device.
- long soft cord, 4 m long;
- compact dimensions 19×9 cm;
- relatively light weight 1.5 kg;
- clear scale for adjusting the depth of immersion.
- there is no retention of the same speed with a changing load;
- not sold in every city;
- without backlight and smooth start.
Hammer FRZ710 PREMIUM
Well-known brands compete well with the edge router FRZ710 from the Hammer company. In the edging machine configuration bracket allows you to make the cutter stroke up to 3 cm. Collets are designed for installing shanks of 6-10 mm. The operator can change the speed rotation from 10 to 30 thousand rpm Tool recoil is 710 Tue There is no jerk at the time of launch, because it acts inrush current limitation. The users in the reviews like that the manufacturer puts spare brushes to it, and this allows the first avoid maintenance costs for several months.
The edge unit is the leader among wealth analogues complete set. In addition to the bag, guides and parallel emphasis, to three bases are attached to it at once. The first allows you to process edges at right angles. The second is for changing the angle inclination of the milling cutter relative to the workpiece. Third platform with vertical rods and two bulging handles turns Edge milling in the submersible. If you need universal network tool, then take a look at this model.
- there is a speed adjustment;
- easy brush replacement;
- the goods are sold with the bag;
- connection to the vacuum cleaner of a small sole is possible.
- no copy sleeves;
- there is no dust cover on the submersible base;
- the corner sole is a little crooked;
- the tool uses Chinese bearings with a small resource.
For semi-professional activity “Makita” offers a milling cutter 3709, with a power of 530 W and untwisting snap up to 30 thousand rpm But the rotation speed is not adjustable here. is he suitable for edging in wood, ceramic tiles, drywall, composite materials. The goods are attached: parallel emphasis, contour guide, collet, reflector shavings, two keys and one straight cutter. Soft pads on the body make it easier to hold the vibrating tool. Edging machine customers like reviews in their ease and maneuverability. The owners are also happy with the quality assembly, the absence of squeaks and soft network cable, not rough during operation in unheated rooms.
The sole of this product is a sole made of transparent material. This greatly enhances operator visibility so that see clearly where the cutter comes to. Another such performance helped reduce the weight of the edge trimmer 1.5 kg
- more affordable price;
- easy brush replacement;
- rubber pad on the body;
- one cutter in a set.
- screw adjustment of immersion depth;
- plastic case;
- easy to accidentally hook on the power lever;
- Only 6 mm shanks fit it.
Wortex MM 5013-1 E
Completes the category of network milling products from Wortex. Edge the device is endowed with a power of 710 watts and develops up to 30,000 rpm. At work with soft materials (plastic, gypsum), they can be reduced to 10000 rpm wheel on the case. The cutter travel is 2.2 cm. Tool change is facilitated by fixing the spindle. Device can be connected to the vacuum cleaner using the nozzle from the kit. Yet the manufacturer supplies parallel with the goods guides, stops and spare brushes. Collet characteristics allow fixation of shanks of both 6 and 8 mm in diameter. Buyers in reviews are glad that the snap from this milling cutter is suitable “Makita”, so you can buy a cheap carcass of a power tool, but receive high-quality edge processing from branded cutters of others brands.
The edge milling machine is recognized by us as the best in terms of price and quality. Despite the cost 2-3 times lower than that of competitors, the trimmer has a metal body and the ability to adjust revolutions, as well as a power of 710 watts.
- engraved depth scale;
- quick change of height of the cutter;
- rubber pad on the body;
- light weight 1.45 kg.
- milling depth is only 2.2 cm;
- an 8 mm shank will beat a bit – only for 6 mm.
The best cordless edge milling machines
Cordless edge milling machines are powered by 12-18 V batteries and are suitable for operation away from a wall outlet; and field activities. The network cable does not come out of the case, but it means the operator is easier to manipulate the trimmer. Here are the top three. cordless edging machines that are reliable and like buyers in the reviews.
BOSCH GKF 12V-8 2×3.0Ah L-Boxx
Bosch cordless trimmer runs on voltage 12 V and makes up to 13000 rpm. There are already two batteries with capacity 3.0 A / h, as well as an adapter for fast charging. To transport The tool from object to object is convenient thanks to the robust case. The support sole is cast from metal and attached to the milling cutter by means of a threaded screw. Slider button and located on the left side of the handle. It can be fixed for long work. Trimmer equipped with a collet with clamping with a diameter of 8 mm, and the maximum size of the installed cutter reaches 36 mm, which is not inferior to network models.
The edge unit won first place in the category for ergonomics and ease of manipulation. Built-in battery continues to form handles and does not close the review to the operator. L-shaped body designed for hand grip in a natural position that facilitates the conduct of power tools along the edge of the workpiece. Rubber pads prevent slipping. Control the milling cutter easy as its weight is 1.1 kg.
- two batteries included, a charger and a case;
- reliable metal sole;
- can work with mills 36 mm in diameter;
- popular shank size 8 mm.
- high price;
- heats up quickly;
- height adjustment with a clamping nut on the thread;
- There is no wheel to change the speed of rotation.
This edge milling machine has earned a place in the review of the best because high power among battery models. It is powered by 18 V battery and produces up to 30,000 rpm. When milling soft materials speed can be reduced to 10,000 rpm. Depth processing reaches 4 cm. The edge device weighs 2.1 kg, despite that its body is cast from metal. The device contains collets to grip shanks 6 and 8 mm. Customer reviews show that under load the rpm does not fall. There is also a soft start and spindle lock for easy tool change. When manipulated in In dark places, the work area is illuminated.
Among cordless edge milling machines, this one stands out with a complete set of three bases. In a spacious case the buyer will receive a standard sole for processing workpieces under right angle, pistol-shaped and on vertical rods for submersible work. When a workshop has a lot of processes then such an edge mill will replace several devices at once.
- metal case;
- depth adjustment of the milling fast sliding clip;
- You can change the speed of rotation;
- revolutions of 10000-30000 per minute.
- high price;
- the massive battery on top bothers a bit on limited places;
- A battery of 6.0 Ah is only enough for a R3 moulder of 80 m / n pine.
Robi cordless router is notable for its affordable price and good functionality. Edging machine powered by 18 V and develops 29,000 rpm. But there’s no speed adjustment here, therefore, rotation is always at maximum. Cartridge provides a girth of shanks with a diameter of 6 mm. Depth milling reaches 3.8 cm. Milling weighs 1.3 kg. That part the case that comes into contact with the user’s hand is covered rubber pad. Change the height of the snap in one touch. Edge trimmer equipped with parallel emphasis, straight cutter and key. But the battery will have to be bought separately. If you there is another cordless tool “robi” then the power source coming from there.
Edge model with battery recognized by experts as the best for periodic immersion manipulations. Design Features narrow body, a small support sole made of transparent plastic and tool outreach up to 38 mm make it easy to start mills in a continuous surface of material for cutting grooves and grooves. Reviews users confirm that it is not inferior in functionality submersible and versatile to use.
- easy change in the height of the equipment;
- weight 1.3 kg;
- built-in diode backlight;
- well lies in a hand.
- the volume battery is located on top and slightly interferes;
- there is no speed controller;
- sold without battery;
- it is difficult to find a snap to a 6 mm collet.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.