Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Road bikes are designed for racing on flat paved roads or roads. There are models that also move well over rough terrain. Choose road racing people with considerable driving experience and confident sitting on his iron horse. Most often purchased for training, preparations for the competition. Expensive products whose price starts from 300-500 thousand rubles, bought for professionals, participating in various races. Shosers are sharpened for high-speed driving, therefore, have a lightweight frame, steering wheel, wheels, which is why the common weight is usually not more than 5-9 kg. Less friction between tires and roadbed are provided pumped up to 8 atmospheres thin tires.
To make a mistake with the choice of a roadster is an unacceptable luxury. The cost of even the simplest models is about 20-50 thousand. R. In order not to spend such a lot of money for nothing, to the end read the article. In it we will talk about how to choose a bike, on what characteristics to pay attention to. Experts also prepared Rating of 8 best road bikes from famous manufacturers.
- How to choose a road bike
- Rating of the best road bikes
- BMC Roadmachine RM01 Ultegra DI2 Sunrise
- Giant Defy Advanced 2
- Merida Scultura 5000
- Giant TCX SLR 2
- Giant Defy 2 Disc
- Cube hyde
- Merida Cyclo Cross 400 (2018)
- Forward Impulse 1.0 (2018)
How to choose a road bike
- Rostovka (size). This is the first thing to start with. a choice. Special calculators that calculate the ratio between frame size and height can be found on official websites manufacturers companies. But do not forget that the received the data will be approximate, because the frames of different firms are missing single size standard. That is why it is necessary to try on bike before purchase. To do this, hold the bike and stand above the frame so that it is located between the legs. Will be optimal the distance from the groin to the frame is 10 cm, and the minimum is 6 cm. sit on several models you like and suitable for growth, and then choose from them the one on which it was most comfortable. Not forget about the possibility of adjustment is great. Seatpost height the pin and saddle, as well as the steering wheel are easy to adjust individually.
- Frame material. Quality depends on the frame drive. Modern models have frames made of steel, aluminum or carbon fiber (carbon fiber). Steel use least popular despite its high strength, as differ in heaviness. Highways of the initial are completed with them price segment. Exceptions include some steel frames. manufacturers like Colnago, Columbus, Reynolds, different premium, comparable in quality and price to carbon. Aluminum is harder and lighter than steel, but inferior in strength, therefore have a shorter service life. Found at low cost models. The best are aluminum frames with butted pipes (in different sections of the pipe different thickness). Thereby provides a more comfortable ride. Carbon – Innovation in making road bikes. Far from the topic people believe that the popularity of the material is due to its low weight, but it absolutely wrong. Carbon frames are sometimes even heavier than steel and aluminum. Plus the ability to adjust the stiffness, allowing the frame must be rigid and spring at the same time, depending on directions. Prices for models with such frames are high, since the process making such roadways is more difficult than using other materials.
- Frame design. There are two types: for racing with separate start (including triathlon) and group. First (Time Trial) less maneuverable, heavy and more rigidity. They also differ in attachments. Suitable for experienced riders who are good at handling this type of bike. Beginners are advised to purchase road racing is great for group races to get used to landing. Before going to the store, we recommend that you look at the manufacturer’s website, see the geometry of the frame and study the main parameters.
- Wheels Wheels are divided into two main groups: tube and clincher. The second have sides, tires and cameras located inside. The first are characterized by the absence of sides. Round tube which in section combines a camera and a tire with special glue fixed to the rim. Design feature is sleek high pressure travel and retention. If punctured, replace tube harder than the clincher, and the cost of such wheels significantly higher. For these reasons, pipe professional races where there is technical support that allows you to quickly replace a damaged wheel with a spare one. Profile happens low, medium, high and aerodynamic (rim height from 4 to 8 cm). The latter are used in races (with separate start, group, triathlon), therefore, an ordinary user who wants to ride at high speed on city roads should focus on three other options. For people, going to train seriously, we advise you to purchase an extra pair of wheels. On prefabricated factory road wheels, As a rule, there are elementary or intermediate levels.
- Tires Clinchers have a width of 2-2.3 cm and support pressure of 6-10 atmospheres. Light quality tires on wheels wears out quickly, which is why it is mainly used for racing competitions. Clinchers are denser, heavier and tougher, on the contrary, will last much longer.
- Star system. The chain is put on the front system, where stars of various sizes. Beginners are suitable compact, having two stars of 50 and 34 teeth. Such a system makes it easier to overcome inclined climbs. Double and standard with large stars of 39 and 53 prongs are popular with racers, so as they allow you to achieve greater speed.
- Steering wheel and saddle. They must provide a comfortable fit. to the cyclist. Adjust the saddle so that the leg is in the lower position It was almost straight, and the body sat optimally (about 90 degrees). The width of the steering wheel should approximately correspond to the width of the shoulders.
- Power sensor. There are three types: PowerTap fits into the rear wheel hub and is easily rearranged with one bike to another, but has a considerable weight – 500 g. and tied to one wheel. Look Keo + Polar is located in the pedals, but tied to a Polar watch only. If the cyclist has different ones, then readings will not be taken. CRM is in the foot pedal and not has bindings to one wheel, but is difficult to rearrange from one wheel great on the other. Remember that any PowerMeter adds to the cost of the road is about a thousand dollars.
Rating of the best road bikes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best road bikes||1||BMC Roadmachine RM01 Ultegra DI2 Sunrise||385 000 rub.|
|2||Giant Defy Advanced 2||152 900 rub.|
|3||Merida Scultura 5000||299 000 rub.|
|4||Giant TCX SLR 2||73 700 rub.|
|5||Giant Defy 2 Disc||57 400 rub.|
|6||Cube hyde||47 500 rub.|
|7||Merida Cyclo Cross 400 (2018)||72 800 rub.|
|8||Forward Impulse 1.0 (2018)||20 850 rub.|
BMC Roadmachine RM01 Ultegra DI2 Sunrise
The leader of the rating is a professional road racer, with the perfect balance of comfort and rigidity. Newest road bike equipped with the most innovative technology. The wiring is hidden inside the frame, providing high speed. Looking at this product, you do not understand, the roadway in front of you or an off-road bike. The carbon frame differs in geometry, due to which you can take a landing and reduce resistance air masses, which will affect the increase in speed. Fit bike only for smooth asphalt roads. Hydraulic disc brakes guarantee a stop even in the most difficult weather conditions. The seat post also gives flexibility and rigidity.
- equipment of the Ultegra Di2 series;
- integrated plug; wide
- tire ina – 3 cm;
- power saving when riding uphill;
- vibration damping pin.
- high cost – 385 thousand rubles
Giant Defy Advanced 2
The second line is occupied by the highway brand of the Taiwanese brand, Giant’s largest company. This year’s road bike different advanced. Rigid powerful fork provides reliable stability, and the rear derailleur increases cycling opportunities. The product is equipped with hydraulic disc brakes sports orientation. They work even in bad weather, regardless of whether the road is wet or not. Branded tires on wheels allow the rider to accelerate quickly, developing high speed, especially on a flat road surface. The roadway has a frame, a fork and a carbon seatpost. Pin perfectly dampens shock and vibration, so the ride becomes soft and comfortable. Suitable bike for beginners and experienced riders.
- semi-professional equipment;
- frame of own production;
- easy handling;
- integrated carriage.
- high cost – 131500 p.
Merida Scultura 5000
The third position goes to the road bike from the model series this year. German-made bike has a reliable fork from carbon. To achieve low weight, designers have developed unique streamlined frame made of the same carbon fiber, which improves aerodynamics. Tires, like all premium road racers, dressed in large wheels, 28 inches in diameter. With their Using a cyclist can develop high speeds without loss stability. A twenty-two-speed drive spins them into moment. The road bike is equipped with v-brake rim brakes, have become classics. According to user reviews, they are quite enough for a quick stop. True, wet performance markedly reduced.
- weight – 8 kg;
- switches from Shimano;
- wheel diameter – 28 inches;
- rides perfectly both on flat city and country roads the roads.
- high cost – 93 thousand p.
Giant TCX SLR 2
The fourth becomes the road, which refers to cyclocross. The dynamism and capabilities of the model will amaze anyone lover of fast driving. The frame made of aluminum is optimal and allows you to cycle a lot every day hours. The saddle is specially designed for sports trips on high speeds. The bike has a hydraulic disc brake reliability system. Rigid carbon fork guarantees the rider excellent handling, and wide tires – easy acceleration on a smooth asphalt road. Seatpost carbon pin, according to users, provides a soft ride without vibrations. Pipes are specially designed for competitions, they have there are no sharp edges to make it more convenient to carry great on shoulder.
- wheel diameter – 28 inches;
- semi-professional equipment;
- Shimano 105 switch;
- the ability to install the trunk;
- Suitable for driving on any road surface.
- high cost – 117 thousand p.
Giant Defy 2 Disc
In fifth place is obedient, responsive, quick and easy. roadway. The model is ideal for overcoming huge distances. Lightweight aluminum butted frame AluxX SL has mounts for disc brakes. The bike is designed for high-speed trips, so it’s specially installed on it designed sports seat for added comfort long journeys. Disk mounted on the road mechanical brakes guaranteeing a quick stop. Road the aluminum platform has received many rave reviews. The bike won a large number of awards, was named the best by several parameters, and also received the Bike of the Year award.
- wheel diameter – 28 inches;
- excellent ride quality;
- professional level of equipment;
- Shimano Tiagra switch;
- improved stiffness and control.
- relatively expensive – 58 thousand p.
The sixth line gets a road bike with semi-professional level of equipment. Created for daily training on flat roads, as depreciation is absent. Has a Shimano Acera drive. Saddle with sports design, and the steering wheel is a direct design. The frame is made of durable, but lightweight aluminum, is resistant. Road bike equipped with a hydraulic disc brake system which provides a quick stop even on a wet roadbed. The rims of the bike are decorated with thickened ribbed tires.
- wheel diameter – 29 inches;
- 27 speeds;
- 9 stars in a cassette;
- double rim;
- Shimano Deore switch;
- Rigid fork design.
- relatively expensive – 48 thousand p.
Merida Cyclo Cross 400 (2018)
The seventh position goes to the cyclocross model, on which the rider can ride at high speed as if perfect asphalt road, and cross country. On the dirt bike cleared forks and frames wide rubber having a pronounced tread. Reliable mechanical disc brakes will quickly stop the iron horse even on wet surface. This roadster is suitable for athletes who include movement not only on flat terrain, but also on the ground, as well as easy off-road. Unlike classic road racers, such models like the Merida Cyclo Cross 400 are better adapted to ride poor roadway due to reinforcement and wide tires.
- weight – 9.78 kg;
- wheel diameter – 28 inches;
- aluminum frame with wiring inside;
- rigid carbon fork;
- 22 speeds;
- Shimano 105 switch.
- relatively expensive – 73 thousand p.
Forward Impulse 1.0 (2018)
Closes the rating of an inexpensive Russian road bike production, with good performance. Equipped aluminum lightweight frame for responsive handling bike ride. The saddle has a sporty design and is ideal for riding at high speeds, allowing the athlete to feel comfortable. Wheels are equipped with tires with which the bike easily accelerates on a flat road surface. Mechanical brakes tick-borne type allows you to control the ride, but on wet and slippery roads are not as effective as dry. On the frame, you can need to fix the holder for the flask and pump.
- Shimano Tourney Switches
- Rigid fork design
- 14 speeds;
- semi-integrated steering column;
- reasonable cost – 20 thousand rubles
- not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.