Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) are a group of drugs drugs that reduce the synthesis of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. These doctors recommend remedies both in therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
- When proton pump inhibitors are prescribed
- Rating of the best proton pump inhibitors
- Top OTC Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Best Prescription Proton Pump Inhibitors
- The best combination drugs
- Omez DSR �
When proton pump inhibitors are prescribed
- The main indication for drugs from this group is illness, caused by increased acidity of gastric juice: ulcerative a disease of the stomach or duodenum. As they wrote in old textbooks: “no acid – no ulcers.” This position remains true even after the discovery of the true cause of peptic ulcer – bacteria called Helicobacter Pilory (Helicobacter pylori).
- To destroy this bacterium, proton pump inhibitors can appoint and with normal acidity of the gastric contents. Helicobacter is well adapted to existence in acidic environment, and with an increase in pH above 4 it becomes more sensitive to antibiotics. Therefore, for its eradication, a complex of IPP is prescribed, and 2 to 3 antibacterial agents.
- Another acid-dependent disease in which they are prescribed proton pump inhibitors – complicated gastroesophageal reflux disease. With it, the normal operation of the lower esophageal sphincter – a circular muscle that blocks admission contents of the stomach into the esophagus. Constantly falling on unprotected mucous acid causes inflammation, ulcers, disrupts normal cell structure, which over time can lead to malignant neoplasm. To protect the esophagus mucosa from action acids and recommend an IPP.
- Another situation where drugs from this group are recommended people with normal acidity of the stomach – chronic pancreatitis with pancreatic excretory insufficiency. Simply put, when exhausted by constant inflammation of iron produces insufficient amount of enzymes for normal digestion. IN In such cases, enzyme preparations are usually prescribed. But so that they worked, you need an alkaline environment. Alkali to neutralize acidic the food lump coming from the stomach synthesizes the same pancreas, and with its insufficiency may be ineffective and taken pills with enzymes. In order not to occurred, proton pump inhibitors are prescribed, reducing acidity in the stomach, and, therefore, in the food lump, from it coming out.
- For prophylactic purposes, proton pump inhibitors recommend people who are forced to regularly take drugs from the group non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: diclofenac, ibuprofen, paracetamol, aspirin, etc. These drugs slow down regeneration. the mucous membrane of the stomach and often cause “mute” asymptomatic ulcers. To prevent this, and appoint IPP.
Rating of the best proton pump inhibitors
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Top OTC Proton Pump Inhibitors||1||Omez||73 rub|
|3||Soars||1 698 rub.|
|Best Prescription Proton Pump Inhibitors||1||Nexium||132 rub|
|The best combination drugs||1||Pilobact||1 030 rub.|
|2||Omez DSR �||425 rub|
Top OTC Proton Pump Inhibitors
Speaking of drugs dispensed from pharmacies without a doctor’s prescription, it should be noted that drugs with the same active a substance can be both prescription and not. For example, Omez, which we will talk about in this section of the ranking of the best proton pump inhibitors, dispensed from pharmacies without a prescription. AND its domestic counterpart Gastrozole is a prescription. Even more a strange situation with the drug Ultop containing similar active ingredient: 10 mg capsules are dispensed without prescription, and 20 and 40 mg – prescription. Therefore, no matter how we want use only active substances in the rating, providing readers to choose from the proposed analogues, taking into account financial opportunities in this section of the ranking of the best proton inhibitors pumps we are forced to use brand names preparations.
Over-the-counter PPIs can be taken on their own for 2 weeks, but if in the first 3 days they do not bring relief, it is better see a doctor right away.
Active ingredient: Omeprazole.
Proven combination of proven efficiency and affordable price. Available in capsules of 10, 20 and 40 mg Capsules are taken 1 time per day half an hour before meals, washed down water. If necessary, the capsule can be opened and mixed with water or food.
The dosage is selected individually, most often therapeutic the effect appears when taking 20 mg, but often enough and 10 mg (or, conversely, a higher dose).
Of the side effects, the most common are headache, insomnia, dizziness, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, bloating, pain in the stomach.
The drug is contraindicated for use in children under 18 years of age (omeprazole allowed in pediatrics from 2 years, but for patients of this age there is separate forms), with individual intolerance.
It can be used during pregnancy.
Possible over-the-counter analogues: Ultop.
- can be taken by pregnant women.
- not compatible with some antiviral and antifungal drugs (in more detail – in the instructions)
Active ingredient: pantoprazole.
A combination of German quality and relatively affordable price. Available in tablets of 20 and 40 mg, dispensed without a prescription only in the minimum dosage.
Take 20 mg once daily before meals with sufficient fluid (some patients may need more high dose).
Effective from the first days of administration, but maximum effect achieved only after a week of regular use (if in the first days reduces gastric secretion by 26%, then after a week – up to 50%), therefore, it is possible to judge the disappearance of symptoms no earlier than after 5 to 7 days of admission. Acidity is restored after 3 – 4 days after the end of application.
Unlike other proton pump inhibitors from this section of the rating of the best funds, Controls can be taken without consultation with a doctor up to 4 weeks.
The most common side effects are indigestion (nausea, bloating, pain, constipation or diarrhea); headache, dizziness.
Combined with almost any drug. (exception – azatanovir, during the treatment of which take Control contraindicated).
Not recommended for children under 18 years of age, pregnant and lactating due to lack of safety information for these groups of people.
Possible over-the-counter analogues: Panum, Paltaz.
- relatively affordable price,
- combined with most drugs.
- 14 tablets per pack, which is inconvenient for permanent reception.
Active substance: rabeprazole
Formally, the license to manufacture this medicine belongs to Johnson and Johnson’s Russian subsidiary, but substance (active substance) is produced in Switzerland, and the tablets themselves are produced in Japan. So the quality of this proton pump inhibitor is not doubtful, but the price is quite high.
Available in dosages of 10 and 20 mg, dispensed without a prescription first one.
Take 1 tablet daily without crushing or chewing. a pill. Neither time of day, nor food intake affects effectiveness medicines.
The effect begins to manifest within an hour after administration, and already after a day, gastric secretion decreases by 69%.
Combined with most medicines, but not simultaneous administration with azatonavir is recommended.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, pregnancy, lactation and children under 18 due to lack of research security for these groups.
Possible over-the-counter analogues: Beret, Norflux, Ulzernil, Rabelok.
- effectiveness is independent of food intake,
- combined with most drugs.
- high price.
Best Prescription Proton Pump Inhibitors
In this section, we have collected drugs that should be sold. Requires a doctor’s prescription.
Active ingredient: esomeprazole.
Available in tablets for oral administration of 20 and 40 mg, and also in the form of a powder for the preparation of suspensions in a dosage of 10 mg
This is one of the few original modern medicines with reasonable price (except for the form of powder release, in which there are no analogues on the Russian market)
At the first dose, the action begins within an hour, the effect “reaches maximum” by the 5th day of application, reducing by 90% the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice.
The usual method of use is 1 time per day, but if the medicine prescribed in combination with antibiotics to kill Helicobacteria – 2 times a day, along with antibiotics.
Esomeprazole powder can be used to treat children, but indications are limited to GERD and reflux esophagitis.
Side effects – headache, dyspepsia.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, to children up to years, pregnant lactating due to lack of data on security.
Possible analogues: Esomeprazole, Emanera, Pemozar, Rediomez
Active ingredient: lansoprazole.
Available in capsules of 15 and 30 mg.
The effect increases during the first 4 days of administration, at maximum A decrease in the synthesis of hydrochloric acid to 97% is achieved. Function recovery occurs 3 to 4 days after discontinuation use. Eating slows down absorption but does not affect efficiency.
Consume 1 time per day, preferably in the morning. If the medicine is prescribed to destroy Helicobacter pylori, take it 2 times a day. If antacids are prescribed in parallel, it is better to take them separately with Lantsidom, as they prevent complete absorption the drug.
Possible adverse events are typical for the whole group. proton pump inhibitors – abdominal discomfort, stool disorders, bloating, headache.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, in 1 trimester pregnancy (but no safety studies in other periods), during lactation.
Possible analogues: Lanzabel, Lanzaptol, Epicurus.
- affordable price;
- prohibited during pregnancy.
The active substance is dexlansoprazole.
On the one hand, the basis of this tool is relatively new active substance with high biological activity. With another – until the patent expired and generics appeared, the original manufacturer remains a monopolist, and the price of the medicine is pretty high.
Available in capsules of 30 and 60 mg.
The peculiarity of this drug is not only in the active substance, but and in release form. In ordinary, at first glance, capsules are packed several types of granules that dissolve in the intestine depending on pH of the medium. That is, after administration, not all acting substance at once. and different granules dissolve at different times by as you move the food lump. Due to this, the effect occurs more smoothly and lasts longer. If necessary, the capsule can be opened and dilute the contents in a small amount of water or food, do not chewing.
Possible side effects are flatulence, dyspepsia.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance, to patients, taking HIV protease inhibitors, children under 18, pregnant and lactating.
- original drug
- modified release prolonging effect.
- high price.
The best combination drugs
As already mentioned, proton pump inhibitors are often prescribed in combination with antibiotics to destroy Helicobacter, eliminating the cause of an ulcer or gastritis. To spare the patient from the need to remember when and which pills take, began to produce drugs that combine these groups drugs in one remedy. Another possible combination is proton pump inhibitors and agents. normalize motility gastrointestinal tract. They are prescribed for treatment reflux esophagitis.
Strictly speaking. this is not one drug, but a set tablets and capsules containing a proton pump inhibitor omeprazole, clarithromycin antibiotic and antibacterial and antiprotozoal effect of tinidazole. All this is packed in strips with the inscription “morning” or “evening”. Accept Content the strip is needed during or immediately after a meal, as is clear from the description – in the morning and in the evening. Share, chew, or in some other way You cannot grind tablets or capsules.
- intolerance to components
- alcoholism (can not be combined with ethyl alcohol),
- liver or kidney failure,
- impaired bone marrow hematopoiesis,
- children, pregnant, lactating.
The course of treatment is from 7 to 14 days, gives specific recommendations attending doctor. The package of the drug is designed for 7 days, therefore, you may need two.
- a full range of drugs to eliminate Helicobacter pylori.
- many contraindications and side effects.
- high price.
Omez DSR �
The combination of 20 mg of omeprazole and 30 mg of domperidone – a regulator gastrointestinal motility. Minimizes possible reflux of bile, restoring normal peristalsis of the esophagus and stomach, reduces acidity gastric juice. thus reducing damage to the esophagus and promoting its healing. In addition, the tool can be used to reduce nausea and vomiting caused by exacerbation of gastritis, peptic ulcer of the stomach.
Take 1 time per day half an hour before meals.
- the simultaneous use of certain antiviral antifungal and antibacterial agents (for more details information we send readers to the instructions, since the list is not limited to 1 to 2 names);
- gastrointestinal bleeding, perforation, intestinal obstruction;
- liver failure of moderate and severe degree,
- pregnant and lactating,
- children under 18 years old.
- normalizes the motility of the esophagus, stomach, intestines,
- wide range of contraindications
- adverse events are possible.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.