Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
A full kitchen contains a lot of different equipment, tools and devices for all occasions. Something used daily, and some things we take out of the box less often. Making homemade waffles is getting more popular. And although this delicacy is prepared, as a rule, not so often, without a special device – an electric waffle iron – there is no way to do it. recommends eight optimal models – three models for thin wafers and thick Belgian, as well as two universal options with interchangeable panels.
- Rating of the best waffle irons
- Which company waffle iron to buy
- The best waffle makers for thin wafers
- Bomann HA 5017 CB
- Maxwell MW-1571
- Clatronic HA 3494
- Rating of the best waffle irons for thick (Belgian) waffles
- Clatronic WA 3606
- Jardeko Waffle Maker
- Clatronic WA 3491
- Rating of the best inexpensive waffle irons with interchangeable panels
- Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E
- REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1
- Which waffle maker to choose
Rating of the best waffle irons
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best waffle makers for baking thin waffles||1||Bomann HA 5017 CB||2080 rub.|
|2||Maxwell MW-1571||1520 RUB.|
|3||Clatronic HA 3494||1710 RUB.|
|Best Waffle Makers for Thick (Belgian) Waffles||1||Clatronic WA 3606||1623 RUB.|
|2||Jardeko waffle maker||2620 RUB.|
|3||Clatronic WA 3491||1890 RUB.|
|The best inexpensive waffle irons with interchangeable panels||1||Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E||5563 RUB.|
|2||REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1||1590 RUB.|
Which company waffle iron to buy
Although waffle irons are extremely simple devices, related to the class of small household appliances, there is still a number moments that make the conscious buyer not to take what horrible, but look closely at the brand. Our experts explained which of the manufacturers producing waffle irons, optimal combination of price, quality and convenience of this particular type products.
- German company C. Bomann Gmbh produces electric waffle irons under the trademark BOMANN. The company has almost one and a half centuries history, and now is part of the Clatronic Group holding. Products belong to the mid-low price category, and those products which enter the Russian market, collected in China.
- Trademark CLATRONIC – the flagship brand of the German group Clatronic Group companies. The very first holding company – CTC Clatronic International GmbH – was opened in 1982 as family business. The entire production part has long been contracted to China.
- Another solid and old German brand is Rommelsbacher. The company was founded in 1928, and since then production capacities opened in different countries. Now the company owns factories in Italy, Turkey and China. Specifically waffle irons, like the whole Household appliances Rommelsbacher lower price category manufactured in Turkey and China.
- Well-known Russian consumer brand Redmond Is an international brand. The company was created by investors from several countries – Israel, Canada and the USA. Online often discover confusion about the country of origin of Redmond – in different sources claim that it is then American, then Canadian and even Russian. The thing is that company policy involves the registration of individual local trade names of the same name stamps in each country where there is a representative office. It is done with the purpose of the fight against counterfeiting. Redmond Manufactured by mostly in China, but assembly of goods for the Russian market can be carried out in the CIS countries.
- Now about a truly Russian brand, albeit masked under the western. It is a trademark of Maxwell that belongs to domestic holding Golden Electronics. He owns a famous brand VITEK. Maxwell emphasized as inexpensive a technique for people who do not want to overpay for a big name.
- And finally – an example of such a phenomenon as dishonest branding. Technique of the Jardeko trademark violently positioned as Italian. But actually the copyright holder the brand is a certain Zharyuk Igor Leonidovich with the St. Petersburg registration. Where Jardeko waffle makers are made – there isn’t any words on the official website, and it’s easy to understand what if they really made in Italy, this would have been written by in bold on each page. However, we recognize that Jardeko waffle irons are quite solid, and experts counted them worthy of a review.
The best waffle makers for thin wafers
Let’s start with the rating of waffle irons for making thin crispy wafers that are often used as pastry blanks goodies. They are twisted into a horn and filled with filling – ice cream, cream and other excipients. They are sometimes called “American”, but this is not entirely correct, since in the United States the most very thick, large and soft waffles are popular, even thicker Belgian. Our experts identified three inexpensive and worthy Attention Models: Bomann HA 5017 CB, Maxwell MW-1571 and Clatronic HA 3494. All three devices are equipped with cones for folding waffles in the horn, and the heating panels are coated with non-stick layer.
Bomann HA 5017 CB
Bomann HA 5017 CB – German waffle iron, but from Germany in it only brand, since assembly is carried out in China. Device measuring 25x20x11.5 cm and weighing 1.8 kg is relatively powerful in terms of power consumption – 1.2 watts. Such power requires high cooking speed. The heating temperature is controlled mechanically switch. The diameter of the surface is 18 cm, which implies cooking one round “pancake” in one go. Material cases – plastic.
The device as a whole is very concise in terms of functionality. Down to the extent that the sash latch is not provided, and these are users marked as a clear drawback (uneven clamp, respectively – a strong difference in the thickness of the wafer from one edge to another and uneven baking). The efforts of the manufacturer to reduce the cost device resulted in an unpleasant side effect – poor quality materials. Up to the point that wafers can stick to the surface panels, which would seem to be non-stick. It happens infrequently but noted by real users.
Nevertheless, a lot of buyers like the model for the combination of affordable price and ease of use.
Prices: 1848 – 2375 rub.
- Beautiful design;
- overheat protection.
- low quality materials;
- no latch;
- wafers sometimes stick to panels;
Waffle iron of the Russian Maxwell MW-1571 trademark It is also produced in the Middle Kingdom, like Bomann HA 5017 CB. Here only it is much less voracious in terms of energy consumption – only 800 watts. Moreover, this fact does not affect cooking speeds. Where does the “extra” 400 W go for the German model – it is not clear, but reviews on Maxwell clearly indicate that waffles get ready very fast.
This model also provides mechanical adjustment heating up. There is a kind of “readiness indicator”, but at the very in fact, he only shows that there is heating. That is, if the light bulb extinguished, this does not mean that the waffle can be removed.
The device has dimensions of 12.5x26x25.5 cm and a weight of 1.62 kg. Nice silver plastic case. Unlike previous model, Maxwell MW-1571 is equipped with a full lock-lock sashes. A big plus – the presence of rubberized legs.
Despite the presence of a latch, the lion’s share of users notes uneven baking. True, this is expressed only in uneven shade of the waffle, and until fully cooked waffle maker brings the dough without any problems.
Prices: 1549 – 1990 rub.
- Attractive design
- affordable price;
- rubberized legs;
- uneven baking.
Clatronic HA 3494
Another example of a waffle maker with a German “soul” but Chinese “body” – is Clatronic HA 3494. Almost all household lines technicians of this brand are positioned as budget ones, and in this case it is very noticeable.
The waffle iron consumes 1.2 kW of power of a power supply network, has Dimensions 20.5x25x11.5 cm and weighs 1.44 kg. Baking diameter is 18 cm
Many users note not the best build and poorly engineered operating moments. For example, the upper sash does not recline enough to stand vertically without support. Accordingly, when pouring the dough need to hold, and this is inconvenient.
There is also a lot of dissatisfaction with the short cord to the outlet, but this “disease” of a very, very large number of modern household equipment, even large and not the cheapest. Not yet buyers liked the device for folding waffles in tubules / cones. With cones – the order, but for the ducts the shape is too short.
Prices: 1450 – 2375 rub.
- overheat protection;
- rubberized legs.
- low-quality assembly;
- inconvenience in operation.
Rating of the best waffle irons for thick (Belgian) waffles
Now we turn to the rating of waffle irons of a different type, on which preparing thick, lush Belgian waffles with large cells. This delicacy has been quite an exotic phenomenon for quite some time. our country, but the availability of home waffle irons with suitable forms does his job. Experts have looked after three interesting models: Clatronic WA 3606, Jardeko waffle maker and Clatronic WA 3491. All models have non-stick coating panels.
Clatronic WA 3606
And again about “Chinese Germany” – the Clatronic WA 3606 waffle iron, now for Belgian waffles. Dimensions in the package are 26x24x14 cm, and weight – 1905. The case is mainly plastic, on the top of the lid is a stainless steel plate. Adjustment mechanical heating, smooth. There is a compartment for storing the cord.
The device is designed to prepare two servings of waffles (dimensions of the working surface are 13.5×21.5). Implemented by overheat protection. Rubberized legs provide sustainability.
As in the case of the above model for thin wafers of the same brand, in Clatronic WA 3606 there is one problem – low quality materials. And in this case, this is also expressed in frequent complaints on unstable non-stick coating of panels and its local damage. And not the most “jewelry” assembly – this is for Clatronic rather a rule than an exception. But, since we are talking about budget models, then the extremely affordable price in this case decides.
Prices: 1,658 – 2,300 rubles.
- Attractive design
- rubberized legs;
- overheat protection;
- low-quality assembly;
- frequent complaints of damaged non-stick coating.
Jardeko Waffle Maker
As detailed above in brand descriptions, “Italian” waffle iron Jardeko is not Italian, but quite itself is the same Chinese as all the previous ones, and even the brand owned by a Russian citizen. But, nevertheless, the device solid, albeit extremely (if not prohibitive) concise.
The power consumption of this model is 1300 watts. Body metal – it would seem nice, but the design of this case users characterize as very dull. Generally, in this model removed everything that can be removed. Even the operating modes are absent as a class – the temperature is not regulated at all.
However, many users are captivated by such an exceptional simplicity, the positive side effect of which is reliability and understandability. Indeed, complaints about a quick exit from Jardeko Waffle Maker among open source reviews employees not found.
Prices: 2301 – 2680 rub.
- exceptional ease of use.
- “boring” design;
- single mode of operation;
Clatronic WA 3491
And again Clatronic, namely, the model of the waffle maker Clatronic WA 3491. The device is characterized by an attractive design and a good ergonomics. By the way, this is the only waffle maker among all present in the review, which has a white body, but there is also black ones. Case material – plastic. Dimensions – 20.5x25x11.5 cm, weight – 1.25 kg. Power consumption – 1.2 kW.
There is enough power for fast cooking, which many real users liked it. The shape of the panels implies cooking five servings, each in the shape of a heart.
Buyers note the attractive design of the Clatronic WA 3491, but Do not forget about the “native” for Clatronic problems of cheap parts and sloppy assembly. But the cost outweighs all the flaws, and indeed the model as a whole is quite workable.
Prices: 1508 – 1999 rub.
- nice design;
- quick cooking;
- overheat protection;
- backlash play;
- low quality materials and workmanship.
Rating of the best inexpensive waffle irons with interchangeable panels
And finally, let’s go through the universal waffle irons, in which You can change the heating panels. Such devices have their own pros and cons, which we will consider. Our experts recommend two notable models from the affordable price segment: Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E and REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1.
Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E
The waffle iron Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E is already much more “German”, than the above models for thin wafers. Although produced in the same China and less often in Turkey, the manufacturer monitors the quality very vigilantly. This is manifested in a solid assembly, quality materials and … a significantly higher price.
Immediately I want to note a concise, but effective and stylish design by Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E. The case is made of stainless matte polished steel. Dimensions of the device are 24x25x9 cm, weight – 1.7 kg. Power consumption – 1 kW. Temperature heating set by stepless mechanical regulator.
The housing has a compartment for storing an electric cable. The model is completed with panels for cooking Belgian and Viennese waffles.
In general, it is extremely difficult to detect distinct limitations. About its quality and convenience, even the fact that in its time Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E deserves a special award famous German edition Haus & Garten. But the price of many stops.
Prices: 6520 – 6590 rub.
- stylish design;
- convenience of the form factor;
- build quality;
- high price.
REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1
Waffle irons of the famous international brand REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1 are manufactured and assembled in China. Despite the Chinese assembly and extremely affordable price, not received from users Complaints neither about the quality of materials, nor about the assembly itself. In this regard, REDMOND household appliances are for the most part tidy.
This model has dimensions 236x236x90 mm, weighs 1.7 kg and designed for 2 servings of waffles (with standard panels). Consumes electricity very modestly – only 700 watts. Material case combined – high-quality plastic and stainless steel.
REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1 is not even positioned by the manufacturer as waffle maker, but as a “multi-baker”, they say through the use of different molds, the device can be not only a waffle iron. FROM it can be used to cook scrambled eggs, muffins and donuts, as well as use as a grill. In addition to the instructions, includes a set of additional work panels and a book recipes.
A side effect of versatility is expressed in a slightly more complex care, as in this model you will have to wipe not only yourself panels and the body, but also the space inside the wings, since there penetrate oil, crumbs and other “foreign substances”. Many users notice an unpleasant odor in the first few uses, so a waffle maker just bought is desirable calcine several times before first cooking.
Prices: 1590 rub.
- high-quality non-stick coating;
- stylish design;
- “safe” big handle;
- unpleasant odor at first use.
Which waffle maker to choose
Now let’s summarize and decide which of the described it will be most expedient to buy waffle irons, and for which goals.
- Three presented models for making thin wafers approximately equivalent in price, functionality and quality. it budget devices in which to select the best as soon as possible fewer disadvantages than the combination of advantages. And with this approach can confidently recommend Maxwell MW-1571.
- With models for Belgian waffles, the situation is already more interesting. Of two “sisters” – Clatronic WA 3606 and Clatronic WA 3491 – definitely the second wins. WA 3606 has too many complaints regarding quality and integrity of non-stick coating, and this is the most important moment. Jardeko Waffle Maker is the perfect model for the lazy and those whom wide functionality and all sorts of settings are more likely to demoralize. You just need to get used to and get used to her behavior.
- With models with interchangeable panels, everything is quite simple. there is money – definitely Rommelsbacher WA 1000 / E. She stands the most impartial criticism regarding quality. And there is no money, then no choice no, but the REDMOND RMB-M613 / 1 cannot be called a bad choice even whatever the price. The abundance and variety of molds compensates small flaws, which, incidentally, in this model are not particularly tangible.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.