Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Drywall revolutionized the finish, allowing fast align walls and ceilings, while warming and insulating them. FROM using this plaster material enclosed between two sheets cardboard easily build internal partitions, dividing large smaller rooms. Various modifications of drywall have additional properties that allow them to be used in high humidity or fire hazard. Our experts prepared a rating of all types of drywall based on characteristics of panels and reviews of builders, which will help to choose the best product for a particular place of operation.
- How to choose drywall
- What is better drywall or plaster
- Rating of the best drywalls
- Best Conventional Drywalls
- Gyproc Strong 2500x1200x15mm
- KNAUF GSP-A 2500x1200x9.5mm
- Volma 2500x1200x12.5mm
- The best moisture resistant drywalls
- Gyproc Aqua Strong moisture resistant 2500x1200x15mm
- KNAUF GSP-H2 moisture resistant 2500x1200x9.5mm
- Volma moisture resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
- The best fire resistant drywalls
- Volma fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
- KNAUF GSP-DF fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
How to choose drywall
Getting Started Studying the Rating of Drywall Modifications is Helpful take a look at a few key options for choosing this building material to understand which values are important:
- Type of core. Drywall is always based gypsum, occupying up to 93% of all components. Plasterboard (GLK) is cheaper than other types. Abbreviation with prefix letter B indicates moisture resistance. The prefix O indicates fire resistance. The presence of two letters VO implies the ability sheets simultaneously resist both moisture and open flame.
- Thickness. Produce plates with a cross section of 6 to 25 mm. For ceiling mounts choose products with a thickness of 7-8 mm. Finish walls occurs using 12-15 mm panels. Thicker finishing materials are used only to create durable partitions or increased sound insulation.
- Edge Type The most common are semicircular and thinned edges. The first requires a lot of putty for sealing joints, but reduces the likelihood of cracks. Second one has millimeter difference and involves filling with wide seams on 90 mm, but with a minimum depth, which gives savings in consumption, but increases the risk of cracking.
- The size of the sheets. The standard is the width of drywall 120 cm. In length they are released from 2.5 to 4.8 m. The fewer joints, the quicker the installation and the less finishing of the joints. At installation on the walls should select sheets equivalent to height the ceilings.
What is better drywall or plaster
Plastering the walls may seem like a more economical option. cost, so before considering the rating of modifications drywall should understand what the benefits of using more expensive finishing material.
+ READY FOR FINISHING IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION
+ Gives PERFECTLY SURFACE SURFACE
+ EASY TO HIDE PIPES, INSTALLATIONS, WIRING FOR YOURSELF
+ SUITABLE FOR USE IN DIFFERENCES UP TO 4 CM
+ CLEAN-UP AT INSTALLATION
+ OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE PARTITIONS
+ SOUND AND INSULATION
+ CAN BE FORMED AND DOING DOUBLE-TIER CEILINGS, ARCHES, Openings
-TAKES A LITTLE INTERNAL SPACE IN THE ROOM
-Do NOT fasten HEAVY OBJECTS TO THE WALL (BOILER, MASSIVE SHELVES)
– NEED A LATCH FROM PROFILE
– SERVICE LIFE REDUCES AT FREQUENT CHANGE
-DIFFICULT TO TRANSPORT AND LAND ON THE FLOOR
-REQUIRED TO PROTECT THE FACE SIDE OF THE PRIMING OR TILES
+ LESS CHALLENGES AT A CURVED BASE
+ CAN FURNITURE FURNITURE AND HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
+ ECONOMY WITH INDEPENDENT PERFORMANCE OF WORKS
+ EASY TO REPAIR DAMAGED SITES
– NEED TO WAIT FOR DRYING
-Even after plastering the walls may remain curved
– REQUIRES A THICK LAYER TO HIDE COMMUNICATIONS
-DIFFERENTIALS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 2.5 CM
-When plastering on the floor of a lot of mud
Rating of the best drywalls
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price per unit|
|Best Conventional Drywalls||1||Gyproc Strong 2500x1200x15mm||452 rub|
|2||KNAUF GSP-A 2500x1200x9.5mm||353 rub|
|3||Volma 2500x1200x12.5mm||194 r|
|The best moisture resistant drywalls||1||Gyproc Aqua Strong moisture resistant 2500x1200x15mm||524 rub|
|2||KNAUF GSP-H2 moisture resistant 2500x1200x9.5mm||354 rub|
|3||Volma moisture resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm||298 rub|
|The best fire resistant drywalls||1||Volma fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm||378 RUB|
|2||KNAUF GSP-DF fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm||369 rub|
Best Conventional Drywalls
Conventional drywall (GCR) is available in white or gray and suitable for walls and ceilings in dry rooms (offices, bedroom, hall, corridors) that do not require protection by building standards from moisture or fire. No additives are used in its core – there is clean gypsum held by a cardboard frame. This is the most affordable option for cost-effective repairs.
Gyproc Strong 2500x1200x15mm
Product from a Swedish brand, but manufactured in production capacities in Russia. This allowed us to achieve acceptable quality and low cost. Drywall belongs to the low-combustible group and equipped with reinforcing fibers, which in combination with a thickness of 15 mm gives increased strength. The manufacturer claims that such the wall is even allowed to hang the TV. Drywall Passed environmental testing and safe products.
Experts added drywall to the rating due to the thickness of the panel 15 mm Such a layer, considering the cost, is optimal for isolating walls in a multi-story building from neighboring sounds or for decoration in a private house located near the road. IN characteristics of the product is positioned as acoustic, which confirms the high ability to absorb noise. Stands on him to pay attention to musicians who often rehearse at home, so as not to inconvenience the neighbors.
- saving putty thanks to a thinned edge;
- dimensions fit most typical apartment buildings in Russia;
- withstands blows better;
- reduces costs during subsequent finishing, as it has a light gray color not visible through a thin primer.
- the weight of 33 kg of one sheet makes it difficult to enter the floor;
- seams can crack due to a thin groove for putty.
KNAUF GSP-A 2500x1200x9.5mm
A well-known brand now available in Russia, which allowed to lower the price. Finishing material in white and gray with 9.5 mm thick is perfect for fixing to walls and ceilings in household and office buildings. Manufacturer added to regular drywall reinforcing components that increase bending strength or punches. The surface of the panels is characterized by moderate smoothness and promotes better adhesion with subsequent finishing materials.
All users put 5 points in the product reviews and share what the drywall serves for a long time and does not deteriorate even when operated in rooms with high humidity. Our experts brought the goods to rating due to increased strength despite the thickness of 9.5 mm, therefore, it is recommended to use sheets to create interior partitions. The presence of a semicircular edge will not even crack the seams with slamming doors.
- perfectly cut;
- lighter than other analogues (22 kg), which creates a lower load on crate and easier to enter;
- strong gypsum binding layer from the G4 brand;
- semicircular edges for reliable seal joints.
- sheets bend slightly to dry, which complicates the ceiling fastening;
- very careful handling is required, otherwise the corners will crumble when installation;
- easily scratched during transportation.
This is an exclusively Russian brand, a modification of drywall which is suitable for interior decoration of dry rooms. Thickness 12.5 mm is optimal for insulating and leveling walls, creating curly door and window openings. To the cardboard layer is excellent stucco and plaster compounds. For the price this is one of most accessible options, but users in reviews complain that the panels are very hard and it is difficult to screw the screws to the end. therefore You will need a powerful screwdriver, otherwise the installation process will stretch by time.
According to our experts, drywall should be in the ranking in view of the manufacture of the core from a gypsum mixture related to non-combustible materials (NG), when most analogues of conventional drywall of other companies are produced from low-combustible components (G1). For the money, this is the best option for wall decoration in home boiler room.
- can be bought with any type of edge, which is important when the place installation and method of sealing the seam;
- easy to cut along the line;
- ecologicaly clean.
- each leaf weighs 32 kg;
- high hardness of panels delays installation;
- fragile on impact;
- corrugated sheets that have to be puttied may come across completely for alignment.
The best moisture resistant drywalls
This modification is referred to as GKLV. The product is marked green paper and suitable for rooms where level humidity above 70%. It is mounted in bathrooms, toilets, on kitchen or in specialized medical rooms. If apply ordinary drywall, then mold forms in its core and the material will collapse. Such a modification is more expensive due to water-repellent impregnation inside and additional processing paper layer.
Gyproc Aqua Strong moisture resistant 2500x1200x15mm
Another product option from the Swedish brand, which produced in Russia. The panels are finished with cardboard on all sides and have a thinned edge. Moisture-resistant drywall can immediately be recognized by the green color of the paper. Product dimensions are perfect for most apartments with ceilings 2.5 m. Modification of drywall convenient for ordering for large repairs, as it is delivered on pallets of 46 pcs each. The core contains additional components that resist water and increase strength.
Experts included drywall in the ranking of the best because of its high strength. Tests and reviews have shown that for tearing the OLA anchor out of this material a force of 65 is required kg We recommend that you pay attention to this product. going to hang in the bathroom a lot of shelves, mirrors or other items of moderate severity. The panels can withstand such a load and will last a long time.
- enlarged section of 15 mm;
- comply with GOST 6266-97;
- withstand the effort to pull out fasteners up to 64 kg.
- high price;
- It’s hard to mount it because of the weight of 34 kg;
- sheets are often smaller than the standard size by 5 mm, which requires more putty when sealing joints at the ceiling.
KNAUF GSP-H2 moisture resistant 2500x1200x9.5mm
Cross-section panels from a trusted brand, manufactured in cross-section 9.5 mm walls for light weight and mounting in any spatial position. Hydrophobic impregnated paper components, but at the same time, the entire sheet may miss excess amount of moisture from the room. The product is sold as a piece, so and on pallets of 50 pcs for large volumes during construction. Is worth famous products are relatively cheap, but users in reviews They say that it affected the quality – they come across gypsum large air bubbles.
According to our experts, drywall was worth adding to the rating due to its flexibility when passing with a needle roller in wet condition that is suitable for organizing complex curvilinear ceiling in a spacious bathroom or kitchen. Semicircular the edge allows you to create thick tight joints that it’s enough to paint outside and it’s not necessary to finish additional materials.
- high protection against fakes with brand and party printing on each sheet;
- the border of the self-tapping screw is marked in color, which helps with installation;
- semicircular edge for high-quality seal joints.
- weight of moisture resistant drywall 25 kg;
- wall thickness 9.5 mm, but in practice it may be less;
- harder to cut off evenly due to air bubbles in structure;
- to create bends you need to buy a needle roller.
Volma moisture resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
Domestic modification with antifungal additives and impregnation of cardboard. The core is made by pressing and additionally subject to firing to increase density. Panels available with a thickness of 12.5 mm, and for bulk purchases are available 49 pcs pallets Users and builders in reviews like it affordability, but some complain it’s hard to tune tightening force on the screwdriver so that the fastener does not tear paper. it due to too hard panel structure.
Experts unanimously recommend this rating modification for making columns, boxes or niches in large rooms with high humidity (pools, showers of gyms, etc.). Thickness 12.5 mm tolerates shock and helps keep structural integrity. Outside will only overtake drywall with ceramic tiles.
- high-quality packaging of pallets;
- hardy base;
- antifungal supplements;
- tolerates temperature differences better.
- additional measures are needed for optimal protection against water (waterproof primer, tile);
- the weight of each sheet is 26.4 kg;
- no reinforced fibers inside;
- harder to pick up torque.
The best fire resistant drywalls
Modification is designated as GKLO. Sheets are painted red. or pink colors that intuitively indicate resistance a fire. Material is expensive due to reinforcing components and impregnation to increase resistance to high temperatures and open flame. GKLO is used in the decoration of switchboards, boiler rooms, industrial premises. In everyday life, it is advisable for them to finish the walls fireplace, stove and chimney in a private house.
Volma fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
Fire-resistant drywall from a domestic manufacturer, sold on pallets of 47 sheets. Includes special additives for resistance to fire and destruction from exposure open fire. It is classified in group B2 by flammability, implying that for tanning even the outer paper layer the panel should be exposed to direct contact with fire for a long time. Reviews and test results indicate that if installed a partition of two such sheets and fill it with mineral wool with a 5 cm layer, this will delay the spread of fire for 60 minutes, which complies with fire technical standard EI60.
According to experts, the fireproof drywall Volma earned a place in the ranking of the best because of its resistance to smoke. By smoke, the product is assigned a class D1, therefore, in case of fire in a room with a similar finish will retain excellent visibility and the ability to breathe. This makes drywall suitable for installation in institutions with a large number of staff, where there is an increased probability of fire.
- does not form smoke on contact with fire;
- semicircular edge;
- will delay the spread of fire for up to 60 minutes when combined with mineral wool.
- panels with a porous structure come across;
- weight 30.6 kg;
- not suitable for wet rooms.
KNAUF GSP-DF fire-resistant 2500x1200x12.5mm
The core of this drywall is made of cementitious gypsum grades G4 and subjected to pressing. Reinforcing are used inside components, and fire-resistant products comply with GOST 32614-2012. A semicircular, thinned edge contributes to the creation of durable seams, excluding the occurrence of cracks in the future. But when ordering directly at the factory or from authorized dealers agree on the manufacture of other types of chamfers. Outer layer securely attached to the core with adhesives.
On various Internet resources, this drywall is recommended up to 83% of users in reviews. Our experts have made flame retardant drywall in the rating due to the correspondence not only to Russian, but also to international standards EN 520: 2009 and availability corresponding certificate. This product is optimal for creating fire barriers in buildings with lots of people (cinemas, shopping malls) that are thoroughly inspections of regulatory authorities.
- each panel is marked GSP-DF;
- color indicates longitudinal edges for ease of installation fastenings;
- allowed to create curved surfaces;
- absorbs excess moisture, but does not accumulate in itself (“breathing”).
- increased fragility with a sharp mechanical impact;
- more expensive than analogues.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.