Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
When installing linoleum on the floor, the material will last longer if it stick to the base. Due to this, the coating will not be able to move from walking, no waves will form on the surface from moving furniture. Over time, decorative flooring does not shrinks from drying, and the seams do not come apart. To commit linoleum, various compositions are used, depending on the material rough floor. We have prepared a rating of the best adhesives for linoleum, for which we studied the characteristics of dozens of products and reviews buyers. Information will help you choose a good glue for the price and properties.
- How to choose glue for linoleum
- Rating of the best glues for linoleum
- The best adhesive for linoleum on concrete floor
- TYTAN Professional
- NORME COLOR PROFI
- Homakoll 208
- CS “Optimist K503”
- The best glue for linoleum on a wooden floor
- Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack
- Polynomial 101
- TEKS KS Construction
- SINTEX H-44
How to choose glue for linoleum
Before studying the rating of the best adhesives, briefly recall the criteria product selection to understand the benefits presented nominalists. A building product is bought, paying attention to following parameters:
- Glue base. As the basis of the adhesive may used aqueous solution and acrylic, cellulosic acid, latex and rubber. A product with this composition is more suitable for dry, heated rooms. Adhesive based on polyurethane and epoxy resins are designed for low temperatures and high humidity, but it costs more.
- Drying time. The indicator varies from 10 to 60 minutes. From the total linoleum laying time and surface entry into operation.
- Consumption per kilogram. Important value determining the costs of installing flooring. Index may be from 2 to 5 m².
- Packaging. The product is sold in containers from 100 ml to 20 l A small container is practical when laying linoleum on an area of 1-2 m², so that there is not much excess material left, but large capacities Useful for installation in spacious rooms.
- Application Method. Glue is fed through its own nozzle in a tube or by means of a spatula, scooping the product from the container. it determines the convenience of the process and the laying time.
- Compatible with linoleum base. Adhesive must be compatible with the base of linoleum, as always indicated on the package. Among the flexible roll material may be felt base, fabric, foam, pile, as well baseless. The flooring material is homogeneous and heterogeneous.
- An important factor when choosing glue for linoleum is also base material of the floor itself. It can be very absorbent and slightly absorbent surfaces. It is on these grounds and is divided our rating.
Rating of the best glues for linoleum
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best adhesive for linoleum on concrete floor||1||TYTAN Professional||2 056 rub.|
|2||NORME COLOR PROFI||2 134 rub.|
|3||Homakoll 208||224 rub|
|4||CS “Optimist K503”||149 rub|
|The best glue for linoleum on a wooden floor||1||Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack||2 977 rub.|
|2||Polynomial 101||530 rub|
|3||TEKS KS Construction||219 RUB|
|4||SINTEX H-44||220 rub|
The best adhesive for linoleum on concrete floor
In apartment buildings, administrative offices and private structures used as a subfloor concrete floor or screed. The material has increased absorbency. moisture, therefore, to attach linoleum to it are used special adhesives.
The first place in the ranking is occupied by goods from a Polish manufacturer. The glue is made on a water-dispersed basis and is similar in consistency to pasta. The substance is applied with a spatula. For secure fit a layer of 1 mm is enough. The product is manufactured in convenient packaging for 1, 2, 4, 7 and 14 kg. All containers have a handle that is easy to carry. Buyers in reviews share that the substance does not smell and with it nice to work with. Surface gaps are easily visible thanks to the light color of the paste. But after fixing linoleum to the surface on it can not be walked up to 30 minutes.
Our experts ranked the product first in the ranking because of its universality. In addition to ordinary linoleum, it is suitable for homogeneous and heterogeneous bases. This allows you to securely fasten thicker material with fiberglass inside so that it does not shifted from the daily passage along it. More glue is designed for a significant increase in the temperature of the concrete base and is suitable for laying linoleum on top of the underfloor heating system from a cable or pipes with water.
- convenient packaging from 1 to 14 liters;
- convenient application with a spatula;
- beige color helps to notice missing spots on the floor.
- high price;
- dries for 20-30 minutes;
- consumption from 1 kg to 3.3 m².
NORME COLOR PROFI
The second place is given to the product by a Russian company. Adhesive is moderately absorbed into the concrete base and stays wet enough to hold the top floor material. After drying, the product prevents possible shifts. or peeling, which like the masters in the reviews. Glue is applied spatula with special teeth and evenly distributed over surface. A feature of the product is the preservation of its fixing properties despite lowering the ambient temperature to -25 degrees. This permits the use of glue in unheated buildings without harm to linoleum. But you can only buy a product at high capacity of 14 liters, as it is positioned as professional and designed for spacious areas (from 35 m²).
In our opinion, the product is worthy of a place in the ranking due to its increased adhesion to the base. Due to this, the adhesive is suitable for fixing linoleum used for commercial purposes (buildings with high traffic, corridors, cafes, offices, hotel numbers). The adhesive layer will not allow the floor material to cover. waves or form gaps in the joints.
- no volatile solvents in the composition;
- frost resistance allows use in unheated premises;
- extends linoleum life by 40%;
- reduces the risk of surface damage when moving furniture.
- high price;
- 1 kg can be processed no more than 3 m²;
- only one 14 liter packaging option
In third place ranking is goods from another Russian manufacturer Homakoll. Glue “208” is made of water, dispersions and additions of resins. The substance is solvent and completely odorless. It has high adhesion not only to horizontal, but also to vertical and ceiling surfaces, therefore, product residues can be used for decoration rooms with pieces of laminate, so as not to buy foam separately. Glue is realized in containers of 1, 4 and 14 liters. If repairs are scheduled for spring, you can store the product in an unheated garage or other indoors – the adhesive can withstand up to 5 freezing cycles, for which he is praised by sellers in reviews.
We included a one-component product in the rating due to accelerated drying time. Unlike competitors, glue hardens later 10 minutes after application, which improves productivity and Allows you to immediately walk on the cover. This is achieved thanks to low fluid content, which is faster evaporates. Adhesive suitable for linoleum with foam base, fabric and pile. We recommend goods for household use in an apartment or house.
- does not shrink during polymerization;
- easy application;
- low water content;
- in case of fire the floor does not support the flame;
- no volatile solvents.
- concrete consumption is up to 2 m² per kg;
- not applicable to heterogeneous types of coating;
- high price.
CS “Optimist K503”
Fourth place in the rating of adhesives for linoleum on concrete floor allocated to another domestic product. Product “Optimist K503” designed for fixing floor roll coverings with felt, fabric or jute base. It includes liquid glass, industrial oil and fillers. This allows you to stick even mosaic and ceramic tiles. Masters in reviews praise the goods for the possibility of applying at a temperature of +5 degrees, therefore repairs can be carried out most of the year even in unheated rooms.
Our experts put glue in the rating due to its increased heat resistance. The substance will not only withstand heat from the system underfloor heating, but will also transfer temperatures up to 400 degrees. it practical for processing with one glue and floor and wall around the fireplace, to reduce costs and not to purchase tile adhesive separately. The second advantage of the product is its price, which is four times less than competitors.
- non-toxic and odorless;
- can be applied at an air temperature of +5 degrees;
- immediately ready for use;
- the most affordable price in the rating category;
- after polymerization is not subject to cracking.
- complete drying in 24 hours;
- maximum strength is achieved after 72 hours;
- consumed up to 500-700 ml per square meter;
- sold only in 18 liter containers.
The best glue for linoleum on a wooden floor
In the case of wooden floors, there is the temptation to attach linoleum small cloves, as they did in the old fashioned way. But such installation spoils the aesthetics and does not protect against deformation of the coating. Use instead the best adhesives from our rating, specifically designed for wood base.
Forbo 522 Eurosafe Star Tack
The first place in the ranking was taken by Forbo brand products. One-component dispersion solution is available in large containers 13 and 20 liters. The glue is suitable for all types of linoleum, as well as thermal insulation materials. It can be applied to clean wooden base and previously painted, what users like in reviews. Adhesive should be appreciated by beginners who Do it yourself for the first time. Cures the product in for 30-60 minutes, so linoleum segments can be long move to get it right. But after that it is required to press the floor material with a rolling tool and not walk on it for an hour.
In our opinion, the glue is worthy of a place in the ranking due to the high adhesion, allowing fixing linoleum, which subsequently will roll furniture on casters (office chairs, bedside tables, tables). The mount is so strong that it will not allow to swell or become covered waves to the base subjected to such specific loads.
- removal of excess traces of glue with water;
- high adhesion to the wooden floor;
- You can adjust the cut strips for a long time;
- Suitable for all types of linoleum.
- high price;
- only two types of packaging glue 13 and 20 l;
- dries out within 30-60 minutes;
- with a rough floorboard, a preliminary grinding.
The second place in the rating was awarded by glue “101” from the company “Polynomial”. This product is designed to hold heavy and tight floor materials. The composition includes acrylic dispersion and fillers, as well as rosin modifiers. It provides good adhesion and retention of the foamed linoleum base with wooden floor. The substance is applied with a spatula and looks like thick, white mass, which is convenient to track where it remained untreated surface. In 2002, this product became a laureate. prestigious competition in Russia and received the Golden Sign Award quality. ”
We put polyacrylic adhesive for linoleum in the rating of the best for its elasticity after hardening. He will continue to hold flooring on a wooden floor, even if the substrate is exposed mechanical impact. The product is worth a look at those who floorboards have few supports and bend when walking. Tear resistance is 8 kgf / cm².
- almost odorless;
- suitable for all types of linoleum;
- very sticks to the tree.
- dries from 30 minutes;
- 500 g are consumed per m²;
- only available in large containers of 18 kg.
TEKS KS Construction
In third place in the ranking is the Russian product from TEKS. This is a universal adhesive suitable for attaching linoleum to wooden floor with any quality of grinding. Floor base can be from chipboard or fiberboard. The glue is applied with a spatula and dries for a long time, which allows you to fix flaws during installation. You can work with the solution at a temperature of 0 degrees, but it is only important to mix thoroughly container contents. The glue adheres perfectly to the wooden base, despite air humidity up to 80%. Buyers note in reviews economical consumption of funds that can be processed up to 4 m². IN a closed container, the goods will remain for 12 months.
We added glue to the rating of the best because of the high density a substance of 1.6 kg / l. This allows the use of a solution. for filling cracks in the wooden floor and pre puttying cracks, then immediately stick linoleum with the same composition.
- shelter up to 4 m² is possible with one liter of glue;
- sticks to any kind of wood, stone;
- withstands elevated temperatures up to 400 degrees;
- compatible with linoleum on fabric, pile or jute basis.
- there are only small packings of glue of 900 ml and 3 l;
- dries 3 hours;
- it is allowed to load the surface with furniture and frequent walkways only after 3 days.
Closes our rating Spanish product from the brand Sintex. Product positioned as “cold welding” for the joints of linoleum. It is available in 100 ml tubes equipped with its own spout. for ease of filing. The substance has no color, therefore excellent Fits any flooring design that you like to buyers in the reviews. After application, it is possible to carry out adjustment for another half hour. When the composition polymerizes, then it will not be susceptible to moisture – this is true for bathrooms and kitchens where water may be on the floor. Glue the barrier will prevent its passage under linoleum to wooden base. But to apply the product you will need to thoroughly clean surface from dust and debris.
This product has been rated by its filling abilities. Glue suitable for fixing the ends of linoleum, filling accidental punctures or cuts. It’s worth buying for beginners, since during the first installation, size errors and wide gaps have to be filled with something.
- forms a waterproof barrier preventing water from flowing under linoleum;
- enhances the decorative component of the design of the edges roll;
- fills slots up to 4 mm wide;
- one tube is enough to seal joints on an area of 50 m².
- more suitable for linoleum with a foam base;
- hardening after 2-3 hours;
- polymerization of 2 days;
- optimal temperature for applying +20 degrees.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.