Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Polymer pipes are increasingly crowding out the construction market metal analogues. The advantage of plastic is lightness, ease of processing, self-assembly capabilities, resistance to corrosion. It doesn’t require many tools to work, scissors for cutting become one of the necessary. They allow make an even cut with one hand, spending a minimum of time on preparation for subsequent welding. Depending on conditions operation and intensity of work requires a different tool. Our experts will help you understand the nuances of choosing a scissors for cutting. polypropylene pipes.
- How to choose scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- VALTEC diameter 40 mm
- Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm
- Virax RS-32
- Ridgid 1442n
- REMS ROS P 42P
- Universal scissors Fit 63mm
- MGF UNIQUE 63
How to choose scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
- Pipe diameter. One of the most important characteristics of scissors is the range of pipe diameters with which the tool can cope. For laying water in a private house or device Underfloor heating most often used pipes with a diameter of 10-20 mm. At installation of heating systems using polypropylene pipes, reinforced with aluminum foil. Pipe thickness reaches 42 mm
- Design features. There are several groups scissors that can be found in the construction market.
- The most affordable tools are ratchet scissors mechanism. They are convenient to work with one hand, cutting pipes with a diameter of 3-42 mm. But with prolonged use, the brush gets tired.
- With minimal effort it is possible to cut polypropylene pipes ratchet scissors. Max diameter blanks is 63 mm.
- Cordless pipe cutters are professional tool. When working, the installer just needs to press the button inclusion, and all the effort will provide an electric drive.
- Parts of scissors. Choosing a Cutting Tool propylene, it is necessary to thoroughly inspect the following details constructions.
- The blade must be not only sharp, but also hard. Tool steel sheets with quenching up to 60 HRC.
- The handle provides comfort in work. Availability Rubberized inserts allow you to work even with wet hands. A useful option may be a scale applied to the handle with divisions.
- The supporting part should be wide, then the cut will be flat (angle 90 degrees). When laying the pipe on the support should not be skewed or biased.
- After each compression, it is important to quickly return the blade to its original state. position. Optimal scissors with automatic look abduction.
- Lock allows for safe transport and storage tool. It can be a latch or a bracket that holds cutting parts in closed position.
We selected 7 best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes. All of them are sold in stores in Russia. When allocating seats the opinions of experts and reviews of amateur installers were taken into account.
Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best scissors for cutting polypropylene pipes||1||VALTEC diameter 40 mm||665 rub.|
|2||Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm||4 520 rub.|
|3||Virax RS-32||1 796 rub.|
|4||Ridgid 1442n||5 535 rub.|
|5||REMS ROS P 42P||6 650 rub.|
|6||Universal scissors Fit 63mm||2 700 rub.|
|7||MGF UNIQUE 63||6 150 rub.|
VALTEC diameter 40 mm
The winner of our rating is affordable and quality VALTEC scissors with a diameter of 40 mm. The manufacturer is confident in reliability and the durability of its product, confirming this with a 2-year warranty. Silumin was used for the manufacture of the case, due to which it was possible reduce tool weight to 0.406 kg. On average, scissors withstand about 5000 cuts. Using the model, you can cut pipes with a thickness reinforcing layer up to 0.6 mm. The range of pipe products is enough wide, starting with polypropylene and ending with metal polymers. The manufacturer equipped the scissors with a ratchet mechanism and a spring breeding system.
Users are satisfied with the work of scissors, they are most often bought novice installers. The disadvantage is the pipe cut curve large diameter.
- high-quality manufacturing;
- lightness and compactness;
- affordable price;
- wide scope.
- uneven cutting of large diameter pipes.
Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC 52000 0-42mm
The maximum accuracy of cutting pipes made of polypropylene, polyethylene and metal-plastic provide scissors Rothenberger Rocut 42 TC. The tool can handle pipe products with diameters up to 42 mm At the same time, it is convenient for the operator to work even with one hand. The manufacturer made a powerful cutting mechanism, which is favorable affected the accuracy and quality of the cutting edge. Power transmission carried out by means of a gear rack and knife. On the handle a latch is installed for safe storage and transportation of scissors.
The model took second place in our ranking. One side users are satisfied with the workmanship. But the high price and the difficulty of buying a new blade does not allow the product to get around our winner.
- exact cut;
- high-quality assembly;
- convenience in operation;
- safe storage.
- It’s hard to buy interchangeable blades.
Perfectly cope with cutting polymer pipes with a diameter of up to 32 mm Virax RS-32 scissors. French manufacturer tried to make accurate and convenient tool. Special V-shaped blade profile stainless steel ensures high precision cutting, excluding soft pipe deformation. The bottom handle has a universal shape, she lies comfortably in any hand. Thanks to pad Soft Touch scissors do not slip even in a wet hand. For opening meets the spring mechanism, lock the blade closed position called for a special latch.
Scissors have proven themselves in work when it comes to pipes small diameter. The tool is compact in size and light weight (0.195 kg). Do not rise higher in the ranking of the model allowed restriction on the thickness of the pipes.
- exact cut;
- ease of use;
- lightness and compactness.
- restriction on the diameter of the pipes.
Ridgid 1442N scissors are easy to use. They can used for precise cutting of pipes made of polyethylene, PVC, polypropylene and other artificial materials. Minimum workpiece diameter must be at least 6 mm, maximum size The pipe is limited to 42 mm. To the benefits of an American tool experts attribute robust aluminum construction, lack of Burr after cutting, durable ratchet mechanism. Convenient ergonomic grips located on the bottom provide operation handle. They can be used to measure workpieces in as a ruler.
The instrument stopped a step away from the prize three of our rating due to the large weight (0.74 kg), and work with multi-layer pipes not recommended.
- robust construction;
- exact and high-quality cut;
- strong ratchet mechanism;
- ergonomic grips.
- heavy weight;
- for single layer pipes only.
REMS ROS P 42P
A convenient tool will be the German REMS ROS P scissors 42P. They cut with equal precision both thin (from 1 mm), and thick (42 mm) pipes. At the same time, experts appreciated the quality of the cut, no chips, no burrs left. Scissors easy cope with metal-plastic blanks and all varieties of plastic. For durable aluminum housing and hardened interchangeable blade tool falls into our rating. The reliable ratchet mechanism also deserves praise thanks to which manages to cut thick-walled pipes with negligible effort. After cutting, the blade quickly returns, which allows you to speed up the work.
Professional installers have no complaints about German quality scissors. But the high price does not allow them to take a higher place in the ranking.
- aluminium case;
- excellent cut quality;
- sharp hardened blades;
- ratchet mechanism.
- high price.
Universal scissors Fit 63mm
If the installer needs scissors that can cut pipes diameter up to 63 mm, it is worth paying attention to the universal FIT model. Canadian development is designed to work with a wide a range of plastic blanks. Thanks to the Chinese assembly It turned out to be an attractive price for the domestic consumer. At this experts note a decent workmanship. So, the design is made of aluminum alloy, therefore reinforced pipes can be easily cut. For the manufacture of blades manufacturer used tool steel. Experts have included the tool in six of our rating.
Domestic users praise the scissors at an affordable price and universality. There are complaints about the quality of the cut, often sharpen the blade.
- affordable price;
- wide range of working diameters;
- strong case;
- high-quality assembly.
- uneven cut;
- the cutting edge is blunt quickly.
MGF UNIQUE 63
High-quality MGF UNIQUE 63 scissors close our rating. This the model has universal qualities, allowing you to work with pipes with a diameter up to 63 mm. Thanks to the sharp blade of the special alloy 1080 manages to obtain the perfect cut polymers PP, PE, PVC and etc. The canvas is characterized by high hardness (55-58 HRC), therefore edge sharpness will last a long time. Italian the manufacturer has installed a locking hook that makes transportation and storage safe. Experts drew attention for built-in foskosnimatel. No pipe cutting required great effort thanks to the linkage.
Professional installers are flattering about tool performance and durability. Only the price of it very high.
- high hardness of the cutting edge;
- universality of application;
- built-in chamfer;
- lever mechanism.
- high price.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.