Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Probiotics – a means containing live microbes, beneficial affecting the body of the host. Previously, this term was understood exclusively drugs. containing normal components microflora, but now it includes any “beneficial” bacteria, for example, thermophilic streptococcus or acidophilic lactobacilli. However, fierce debate is underway about the benefits of probiotics. many years.
- Probiotics: Pros and Cons
- Rating of the best probiotics for children
- The best probiotics for children under three years of age
- Acipol baby
- Primadofilus Children’s Reuteri
- Normobact L
- BioGaia, ProTectis, Baby, With Vitamin D, Digestive Health,Probiotic Supplement, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)
- The best probiotics for older children
- Bifidumbacterin 1000
- Rehydron Bio
Probiotics: Pros and Cons
Modern medicine treats them quite wary. If until recently, dysbiosis is a violation of the ratio between “beneficial” and “harmful” bacteria were considered independent a disease requiring treatment, now this concept itself outlawed.
Dysbiosis – an altered microbial balance – is considered secondary syndrome, that is, a consequence of some pathological changes. Therefore, take prebiotics without eliminating the cause of dysbiosis considered about as reasonable as scattering seeds flowers on weedy wasteland: unprepared soil is not give the seeds to germinate, or, in the case of bacteria, take root.
In addition, there are still no clear criteria for recovery. microbiome: modern research methods do not allow for accurate determine the microbial composition inside the body. Even between what obtained at the exit from the intestine and the fact that it reaches laboratories are a huge difference as there are many kinds microorganisms simply die under changing conditions. Accounted for focus only on symptoms. Therefore, many experts just declared any probiotics useless and categorically reject any reason for their use.
However, note that the experts of the World Gastroenterological Association Still Considered Probiotics useful. For example, the use of probiotic drugs in combination therapy significantly reduces the severity and duration acute infectious diarrhea (diarrhea) in children. A mixture of 4 species probiotics and 4 types of fiber fiber reduces severity hepatic encephalopathy.
World Gastroenterological Association leads the following indications for the use of probiotics in children:
- Prevention and treatment of colic in newborns.
- Treatment of acute gastroenteritis or in simple terms, food poisoning.
- Prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
- Prevention of intestinal infections in children visiting children the gardens.
- Comprehensive treatment of diseases caused by Helicobacter pylori (gastritis, ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, which are now not uncommon in children).
- Combined therapy of functional disorders associated with abdominal pain (e.g., irritable bowel syndrome). it conditions in which patients complain of pain, but with examination of inflammatory or other changes in Doctors do not detect gastrointestinal tract.
- Combined therapy of ulcerative colitis.
- Atopic prophylaxis in children with hereditary predisposition (one or both parents suffer from neurodermatitis (eczema), bronchial asthma, or allergic rhinitis).
- Decreased symptoms of intolerance symptoms lactose free.
Based on these indications, as well as recommended for using bacteria strains, we ranked the best probiotics for children. These drugs are non-prescription and for prevent problems or in emergency situations such as food poisoning, they can be taken before going to the doctor. But in any In case of specialist consultation is necessary. Therefore, so as not to provoke readers to self-medicate on the internet we shared proposed probiotics for groups not according to indications, but by age prospective consumers.
But for those of our readers who are not afraid of Latin names, give specific strains of bacteria mentioned in recommendations of the World Gastroenterological Association and situations in which they are most effective:
- LGG or Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG – recommended for prevention and in the complex treatment of acute gastroenteritis, nosocomial infections and infections in children attending children garden, functional gastroenterological disorders. Now it one of the most well-studied and popular bacteria proven effectiveness according to research.
- Lactobacillus reuteri – along with LGG one of the most Well-studied bacteria, especially in pediatrics. Optimal for the prevention and treatment of infant colic is also used for treatment of acute gastroenteritis and prevention of infections in children, attending organized groups. Can be used for for the prevention of atopic dermatitis and necrotic enterocolitis in children with a predisposition.
- Saccharomyces boulardii. Like the two previous strains can be used to treat acute gastroenteritis. Also effective in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea, necrotic enterocolitis, with eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
- Streptococcus thermophilus is effective in reducing symptoms of lactose intolerance (and as such it may used as part of ordinary thermally untreated yogurt). It can also be used in complex therapy of functional gastrointestinal tract disorders and ulcerative colitis.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum may be used for for prevention of nosocomial diarrhea, necrotizing enterocolitis in premature infants. In older children and adults – in complex therapy irritable bowel syndrome.
As you can see, the list of bacteria with proven studies efficiency is quite short. Therefore, in the following readers will not find many in the ranking of the best probiotics for children widely publicized probiotics or preparations containing a complex of half a dozen or more bacteria. When it comes to drugs or dietary supplements “more” does not mean “better”.
Rating of the best probiotics for children
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best probiotics for children under three years of age||1||Acipol baby||292 rub|
|2||Primadofilus Children’s Reuteri||731 rub|
|3||Normobact L||478 RUB|
|4||BioGaia, ProTectis, Baby, With Vitamin D, Digestive Health, Probiotic Supplement, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)||2 664 rub.|
|BEST PROBIOTICS For older children||1||Bifidumbacterin 1000||115 rub|
|2||Rehydron Bio||411 rub|
The best probiotics for children under three years of age
Drugs for babies of this age should be in drops or powder intended for dissolution. Small the child cannot swallow the pill and, especially the capsule, risking choke. The composition of the funds for children of this group is often no different from drugs intended for others age and often it is enough to open the capsule and dissolve the resulting powder in milk or water. But officially pediatricians are not have the right to recommend such methods. Therefore we highlighted preparations for children under three years of age in a separate group ranking the best probiotics.
Probiotic Rating: 4.9
The oily suspension contains Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Bifidobacterium longum, which supports and enhances the action lactobacilli. Shake the bottle before use to evenly distribute the suspension of microorganisms. Can be used for children from birth. It is recommended to take 5 drops per day while eating, mixed with breast milk or milk mixture. At such a 4.5 ml bottle is enough for the recommended manufacturer 14 days treatment. Keep open bottle can be no more than 3 weeks at room temperature or in fridge (but not freezer!).
- contains a strain of lactobacilli effective for prevention and treatment of infant colic, acute gastroenteritis;
- enough for a course of treatment,
- according to the manufacturer, 14 days of admission are enough,
- can be stored outside the refrigerator, take with you.
- high price.
Primadofilus Children’s Reuteri
Probiotic Rating: 4.7
50 g of powder containing Bifidobacterium Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus rhamnosus packed in plastic jar. The main effect is provided by the last 2 strains, the rest work as synergists, that is, enhance the effect. Designed for children from birth to 5 years, per day is enough 1 a teaspoon (3 g) of the product that needs to be diluted with water, juice, breast milk or infant formula.
Of the shortcomings, a relatively high price should be noted. packaging, which lasts a little more than 15 days of use, with a recommended course of 2 to 4 weeks
- does not require special storage conditions,
- enough packaging for the minimum course,
- allowed from birth.
Probiotic Rating: 4.5
Contains Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and fructooligosaccharides – nutrients for these bacteria. Approved for use in children older than 1 month. The contents of the bag must be dissolved in 100 ml water, mixture or expressed breast milk – and this moment, when all the virtues of a probiotic raises a lot of questions. Daily in for two or more weeks, solder with a spoonful of 100 ml of liquid A hungry baby is not an easy task. Recall that breast-fed children are not recommended to give anything nor was it from a bottle with a pacifier. Getting food from there is easier and baby may refuse to take breasts.
Recommended course 2 to 3 weeks.
- there are substances in the composition. life support bacteria.
- need to be dissolved in 100 ml of liquid.
- high price.
BioGaia, ProTectis, Baby, With Vitamin D, Digestive Health,Probiotic Supplement, 0.34 fl oz (10 ml)
Probiotic Rating: 4.3
We have included this product in the ranking of the best probiotics for children. despite the fact that it can only be ordered on the Internet. it’s one of the few drugs combining probiotic (lactobacillus Reuters) with vitamin D. These complexes are very convenient for parents, saving them from confusion and reflection, which drug the baby has already been given, and which is not. Allowed from birth, per child per day up to a year, 5 drops are enough. Before use bubble be sure to shake to evenly distribute microbial suspension in oil. The product can be stored in the refrigerator, but can not be frozen.
The tube lasts for about 1.5 months, if taken according instructions for 5 drops per day.
It can be taken from birth.
- complex effect: helps to reduce the intensity of colic and prevention of hypovitaminosis D.
- need to order online and wait for delivery,
- relatively high price.
The best probiotics for older children
As we already mentioned, these drugs basically differ only release form. On the other hand, it is not uncommon to give a child a pill or a capsule is much simpler than diluting powder in water or mixing drops with milk.
Probiotic Rating: 4.8
Contains Bifidobacterium bifidum and lactulose – a substance that serves as food for normal microflora. Since these are pills, approved for use in children older than 3 years. Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, for a month. Despite the fact that with this type of packaging application is enough for 10 days, due to the low price of this probiotic, it still turns out to be more economical than most similar products.
- contains a substance that supports the reproduction of normal microflora.
- you need to take 3 times a day, which is not very convenient.
Probiotic Rating: 4.6
This tool is intended to restore water-electrolyte balance. Simply put – it needs to solder off children (and adults) with vomiting and diarrhea, restoring lost fluid and salt. Therefore, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and beneficial maltodextrin growth and reproduction bacteria, it contains glucose, sodium and potassium salts.
In the package of 5 paired packages: with, in fact, a probiotic and with electrolytes. Both bags should be dissolved in a glass of clean drinking water and take inside. Reminder for intestinal infection or food poisoning, to avoid vomiting, you should drink not in one gulp, but often and little by little: a few sips or 1 – 2 teaspoon, when it comes to children.
Approved for use from the age of 3 years.
- complex action: restores microbial and water-electrolyte balance.
- Only 5 pairs of sachets per pack.
- high price calculated on the day of admission.
Probiotic Rating: 4.4
Contains 4 types of bacteria, of which we are most interested Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Streptococcus thermophilus. Besides bacteria, milk powder was added to this probiotic serum and lactose, which provide nutrition for bacteria. So that, perhaps this drug can be called a certain concentrate of yogurt. Children from 1 year to 6 years are recommended 1 capsule 1 per day, children from 6 to 14 years – 1 capsule 2 times a day, after 14 years – 1 x 3 once a day. The tool can be used for children from 3 months, but for this capsule needs to be divided and dissolved in milk, which is not very conveniently. Therefore, we placed it in the rating section of the best probiotics for children older than 3 years.
Manufacturer’s recommended course 1 – 2 months, in a package 30 capsules. While the price per package is comparable to the cost of others probiotics, the course of use for a child under 6 years will cost cheaper than using similar drugs of this type.
On the other hand, we cannot but note that although thermophilic streptococcus and reduces the manifestations of lactose intolerance, unequivocally say that children with a similar problem are normal tolerate a probiotic with this oligosaccharide would be too risky.
- contains substances that support growth and reproduction bacteria
- not recommended for lactose intolerance.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.