Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Imprints of this plant are found in Paleozoic fossils. era. But this is far from the most interesting thing that can be said about ginkgo. By offering readers a ranking of the best means based on Ginkgo biloba extract, first we want to talk about what it is may be useful, and when its use is categorically not recommended.
- Ginkgo biloba remedies – benefits and harms
- Ginkgo Biloba Top Rating
- The best monotherapy with ginkgo biloba
- Bilobil forte
- The best combination products with ginkgo biloba
- Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6
- Doppelherz asset of ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6
- Ginkor Fort
- Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS
Ginkgo biloba remedies – benefits and harms
The active substances of this plant are terpenolactones and flavonoglycosides have the following effects:
- Platelet aggregation factors inactivate, i.e. prevent their bonding and blood clots. In a similar way acetylsalicylic acid preparations and other drugs “to thin the blood” (the term is fundamentally wrong but has taken root in people).
- Improve microcirculation – that is, blood flow at the level of arterioles (the smallest arteries) and capillaries. This enhances tissue supply. oxygen and other necessary substances.
- Neutralize free radicals – highly active forms oxygen-containing compounds with pronounced oxidizing properties. An excess of reactive oxygen species lies in the basis of many pathological processes, including ischemia, inflammation, age-related changes.
- Protect nerve cells from oxygen deficiency (neuroprotective properties).
- Able to regulate mood and reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Based on this, ginkgo-based drugs are most often recommend in the following situations:
- as a nootropic – with intense mental stress, asthenia after illness;
- to improve attention, memory, including after traumatic brain injuries, strokes, with Alzheimer’s disease and others neurodegenerative diseases (in recent cases, the remedy effective only for minor disorders);
- for the correction of tinnitus, hearing loss and / or dizziness, caused by a chronic violation of cerebral blood flow;
- to improve blood flow in the limbs with Raynaud’s disease and other arteriopathies
- with emotional instability, insomnia.
It should be noted that ginkgo biloba extract is by no means harmless “grass” and can cause unwanted effects:
- bleeding caused by decreased platelet activity, especially if ginkgo drugs are taken with others blood clotting medicines (Aspirin, heparins, warfarin, Xarelto).
- headache, dizziness,
- nausea, vomiting,
- allergic reactions – like any phytopreparation, ginkgo biloba able to provoke an allergy; especially careful to be people intolerant of cashew nuts and mangoes.
Based on this, there are contraindications for use Ginkgo biloba products:
- peptic ulcer or erosive gastritis in the acute stage – bleeding may occur;
- reduced blood coagulation
- acute cerebrovascular accident,
- acute myocardial infarction,
- pregnancy, breast-feeding, age up to 18 years – by obvious reasons to establish security for these groups experimentally impossible.
Ginkgo Biloba Top Rating
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best monotherapy with ginkgo biloba||1||Bilobil forte||750 rub|
|The best combination products with ginkgo biloba||1||Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6||170 rub|
|2||Doppelherz asset of ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6||378 RUB|
|3||Ginkor Fort||415 rub|
|4||Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS||2120 rub.|
The best monotherapy with ginkgo biloba
In this section of the rating, we included the best tools in which Ginkgo extract is the only active substance. They have about identical indications and contraindications for use (listed slightly higher), the difference is only in the manufacturers, the source of the substance and dosages.
Slovenia drug, available in capsules, containing 80 mg of active ingredient, 20 and 60 pieces per pack. Take 2 to 3 times a day, the course of treatment is at least 3 months. By in our opinion, this is one of the means with the best price ratio and quality.
- relatively affordable price,
- sufficiently high content of active substance in 1 capsule.
French product containing 40 mg of Ginkgo biloba extract in tablets, 30 and 90 pieces per pack. It is necessary to take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, washed down with half a glass water.
In addition, the medicine is available in the form of a solution for administration inside. 1 ml of the solution is diluted in ½ cup of water and also drunk in time or immediately after meals 3 times a day.
Recommended treatment course by the manufacturer – at least 3 months.
Since tablets contain as an auxiliary substance lactose, they are not recommended for people with lactase deficiency. Solution for alcohol should not be taken by drivers and people with pathological addiction to alcohol.
- different forms of release allow you to choose the most convenient,
- French drug, a substance produced in Ireland,
- registered as a medicine.
- high price,
- relatively low amount of active substance.
This drug of the famous company “Evalar” is different from many its products by the fact that it is registered as a medicine, and not as a dietary supplement. Available in capsules of 40, 60, 80 and 120 mg, 30, 60 and 90 pieces per pack, which allows choose the optimal release form depending on recommended dose and duration of the course.
The frequency of administration depends on the dosage: if the capsules are 40 and 80 mg should be taken 3 times a day, then 120 mg – 1 – 2 times a day, depending on the specific pathology.
- quite economical in comparison with foreign counterparts,
- variety of release forms.
The best combination products with ginkgo biloba
In this section of the ranking of the best funds, we will consider drugs in which ginkgo biloba extract is combined with other substances. Such a combination can both enhance the nootropic effect of ginkgo, so and highlight his ability to normalize blood flow and vascular tone, or potentiate antioxidant properties. Therefore, the indications for combined agents are slightly wider than for Ginkgo monotherapy from the previous section of the rating.
Ginkgo biloba with glycine and vitamin B6
Russian dietary supplement. Issued in 300 mg tablets, 150 mg of which are glycine 3 mg – per vitamin B6. The exact amount of ginkgo biloba manufacturer does not indicate, limited to content information flavonodides (40 mg) and flavonol glycosides (60 mg). Generally we can say that the amount of active substances is enough high: so the vitamin B6 content in one tablet is three times higher minimum recommended daily dose. It may be important for those who are afraid to take vitamins in large quantities.
The complex composition of the drug should enhance the nootropic effect Ginkgo extract, as well as its ability to normalize emotional state with various kinds of asthenic manifestations. Moreover, his price is quite affordable, even taking into account the need take three times a day.
Of the shortcomings, it should be noted that the manufacturer did not bother list all contraindications for ginkgo biloba, limiting only individual intolerance, pregnancy and lactation, as well as possible adverse events – this can introduce into misconception of buyers.
- components are selected to enhance the effect on attention, memory, mood;
- affordable price.
- all contraindications and possible undesirable are not indicated phenomena.
Doppelherz asset of ginkgo biloba + B1 + B2 + B6
Dietary supplement “sharpened” precisely to improve state of the central nervous system. Contains 20 mg of extract ginkgo biloba, 2 mg of vitamin B6, 1.6 mg of vitamin B2 and 1.4 mg of B6. All these vitamins help restore normal structure and functions of nerve cells, and in complex potentiate the action each other.
In the package of 30 tablets that need to be taken 1 time per day – thus, it is enough for a month of use. Recommended Course admission – 2 months.
Of the shortcomings, it is worth noting the relatively low content in fact, ginkgo extract. Perhaps that’s why this manufacturer did not list all possible contraindications to using this plants.
- complex composition that contributes to the normalization of nervous function system.
- relatively low price.
- all possible contraindications are not indicated.
Another French drug. In addition to the extract Ginkgo biloba contains troxerutin and heptaminol. Troxerutin restores the density of the vascular wall, reducing it permeability, reduces swelling. Heptaminol supports tone peripheral vessels.
This tool is hardly reasonable to use as a nootropic, since the content of, in fact, the ginkgo extract in it is small – only 14 mg. But it works great as a tool, restores microcirculation and reduces swelling. Therefore his main indication – varicose veins and the resulting venous insufficiency, which provokes swelling and heaviness in legs. It can also be used in acute hemorrhoids.
In a package of 30 capsules. Take 2 capsules 3 times a day, in during the week with hemorrhoids and at least a month with chronic venous insufficiency.
Among the contraindications are not only standard for the extract ginkgo, but also increased thyroid function (hyperthyroidism), high blood pressure and simultaneous administration with antidepressants from the group of monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- maintains normal vascular tone,
- reduces swelling.
- high price.
Coenzyme q10 with ginkgo IRWIN NATURALS
The combination of ubiquinone and ginkgo extract in this American biologically active additives aimed at mutually reinforcing antioxidant properties, protection against ischemia and increased tolerance physical activity. Recommended in the treatment of ischemic heart diseases. Positive effect in this direction is confirmed. in the late 90s, the cardiology department of the SIC Moscow Medical Academy. THEM. Sechenov. It can also be used as antioxidant in the treatment of diabetes, obesity, syndrome chronic fatigue, atherosclerosis, chronic inflammation. We draw the attention of readers that the expression “as part of an integrated therapy “means that the tool is in no case used as the main, but only complements the medications prescribed by the doctor.
The jar contains 100 capsules, each containing 370 mg of powder gingko biloba leaves and 30 mg of coenzyme Q10. Given that in this BAA contains not a standardized plant extract, but a powder shredded leaves of the plant real content of active substances not as high as it seems: if in a standardized extract the active flavonoid content is about 24%, then in a dry sheet – about 4%.
It is recommended to take for at least 1 month capsule 3 times a day. Acceptable dosage increase by recommendations of the attending physician.
Of the shortcomings, a rather high price should be noted. means and the lack of complete, traditional for dietary supplement manufacturers list of contraindications.
- antioxidant properties
- a wide range of indications for use.
- high price,
- all possible contraindications are not indicated.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.