Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Yoga or fitness mat creates a segregated space for creativity, at the same time limits the personal zone, which is especially important in a hall with great fullness. Accessory several tasks: provide body hygiene, protect against cold sex, reduce the slipping of legs and arms, and create a mood, from which directly affects the effectiveness of the workout.
Experts have compiled a rating, which included the 6 best rugs for yoga and fitness.
- How to choose a yoga mat
- Size and weight
- Rating of the best yoga and fitness mats
- OFT NBR black 1800x610x8 mm
- Bodhi Rishikesh 60
- Ojas shakti pro
- Starfit FM-201
- FitTools Banana Lime
- Starfit FM-301
How to choose a yoga mat
Products for yoga and aerobics differ in material, texture surface and dimensions. These parameters are important to consider when choosing products.
This is the first thing you need to pay attention to when buying.
- Latex is the choice of professionals. Rugs made of natural environmentally friendly rubber, do not slip at all, create a barrier between the body and the cold floor. Disadvantages – relatively fast wear and tear compared to products made from artificial materials, as well as a lot of weight.
- PVC is the second most popular material for rugs, known as “foam.” Depreciation is negligible even with intense loads and regular training, light weight, reasonable price – these are the main advantages of polyvinyl chloride. Foam on the other hand in violation of the upper layer absorbs dust into the bubbles, which not easy to clean. Handling and storing the problem rarely occurs. It can be difficult to straighten a rug if stored he is twisted.
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) is the best option for calm yoga. Rugs roll out and do not tend again twist into a roll, create optimal grip with any floor Coated, pleasant to touch.
- Cotton as a material for a rug too used, but to eliminate the effect of sliding its bottom rubberize. Softness and comfort are the main advantages of the product, which is suitable for yoga, including children’s.
- The cork is characterized by excellent absorbency – sweat on such a rug will not settle in a slippery layer under the body, and absorbed into the pores of natural or artificial material. Product has a minimum coefficient of thermal conductivity – suitable for classes on the cold floor, but to minimize slipping on the base is covered with rubber.
- In terms of environmental friendliness and practicality, jute is ideal – the fiber does not slip on the floor, has optimal softness, in basis it is natural. The jute rug is ideal for experienced yoga practitioners.
Size and weight
- In yoga, there are many asanas in a lying position. Accordingly length mat should be no less than the height of a person + 10-15 cm for stock. For fitness, it makes sense to purchase a mat up to 220 cm for freedom active movements.
- The width of the canvas is standard for most – 60 ± 2-3 cm. Thickness varies between 3-10 mm (maybe more). In this question student experience is taken into account – beginners often fall, the body is not ready to a hard surface, it is advisable to choose 4-6 mm, experienced Students and instructors can use a 3 mm canvas.
- Product weight depends on web size and material manufacture. The choice should be made according to weight. training. Optimum calculation: up to 60 kg of weight – a product of 1.5 kg. It is also important to take into account the intensity of the workout: for yoga The canvas is lighter than for fitness.
In the choice of stiffness, experts recommend relying on own preferences. Observed trend: for yoga – softer, for fitness – tougher.
The rigidity of the carpet is indicated on each product:
- Hab Mats – the toughest canvases;
- Workout Mats – medium hardness with optimal depreciation;
- Mind Body – Product Ideal for stiffness, universal.
Marketing in many stores helps make choices easier. sports goods: inventory departments for fitness and yoga already equipped with carpets made of suitable materials.
Now we offer you to get acquainted with the best rugs for training from the point of view of experienced trainers and sports enthusiasts.
Rating of the best yoga and fitness mats
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best yoga and fitness mats||1||OFT NBR black 1800x610x8 mm||1 190 rub.|
|2||Bodhi Rishikesh 60||2 892 rub.|
|3||Ojas shakti pro||3 440 rub.|
|4||Starfit FM-201||1 660 rub.|
|5||FitTools Banana Lime||1 190 rub.|
|6||Starfit FM-301||1 350 rub.|
OFT NBR black 1800x610x8 mm
The most requested was a universal mat for OFT NBR measured yoga and intense aerobics in black, despite the presence in the lineup and other colors. It is made of synthetic nitrile butadiene rubber in structure similar to natural resin material – moderately dense, providing good grip on the floor. Size 1800×610 will fit for growth up to 180 cm, and a thickness of 8 mm will allow the use of a mat on any type of floor, including on grass and sand in nature – irregularities under it are almost imperceptible. Storage manufacturer made 2 convenient holes with plastic rims – they don’t stretch the rubber when the mat is suspended from the wall, do not interfere.
Black is not random in the ranking: it is practically invisible pollution, because he does not lose his presentability for a long time. Look after it’s easy behind the surface – just wipe it with a damp cloth or sponge with detergent.
The average price is 1200 rubles.
- Wear-resistant material, artificial rubber;
- Universal rigidity;
- Neutral design;
- Convenient care;
- It can be used in the hall, at home and in nature;
- Suitable sizes for height up to 170 cm;
- Hangers for storage in a flattened form;
- Affordable price.
- Not defined.
Bodhi Rishikesh 60
Silver Rating Gets Bodhi Rishikesh 60 PVC Mat increased density. It is wear resistant, suitable for physical loads of any intensity. Thick and resilient canvas for a light child and for an obese person with excess weight – all during classes it will be moderately soft and comfortable.
A rug 60 cm wide can be bought in different lengths from 175 to 220 cm. The range of colors will please you: classic gray and black, soothing light green, turquoise and purple, bright burgundy and orange. The product is suitable for yoga, Pilates and aerobics in the hall, it is possible to conduct classes on the street – thickness 10 mm products. The hygiene of this equipment for sports at high level – no debris sticks to a dense surface, in case of PVC can be wiped with a damp cloth and even washed in typewriter!
Bodhi Rishikesh 60 has a different surface: top structural, prevents slipping of arms and legs when performing exercises, lower – completely smooth with a sticky layer for adhesion with the floor. Over time, PVC only becomes softer, but the canvas does not stretched thanks to reinforcement with nylon.
The disadvantage of the mat is typical for all similar PVC products: with sweating palms and feet on the rug will still be slippery, because it does not absorb moisture. The average price of Bodhi Rishikesh 60 is 2,600 rubles, it is justified by its durability.
- Variety of colors;
- Suitable mainly for the hall;
- For any type of training;
- High degree of wear resistance at any load;
- You can choose a suitable length;
- Easy maintenance, including machine wash.
- Wet palms slip over the surface.
Ojas shakti pro
Rug Ojas Shakti Pro is characterized by increased softness rough surface, product – the best solution for girls with thin skin, kids and just lovers of soft textures. Environmentally friendly Pure thermoplastic elastomer resists loads well strongly adheres to slippery flooring, while properties does not change over time.
The thickness of the canvas 0.6 cm reliably protects from the cold floor and hard falls – especially convenient for beginners. With length and width 183 x 60 cm product weighs only 1.2 kg – slightly less than that of analogues in the same size.
On two sides there is a rug of different textures: on the one – smooth pale, with the other is bright grungy. Both adhere well to the floor, you can choose every time that surface that you want to feel when touched.
Ojas Shakti Pro is suitable for fitness or yoga in the gym. Its average price is 3,400 rubles.
- 2 types of surface for mood;
- Universal application;
- Reduced weight up to 1.2 kg;
- Universal sizes 183 x 60 cm;
- Several bright shades;
- Good thermal insulation.
- The problem with creases and the spread of a twisted mat condition.
Delicate Starfit FM-201 Thermoplastic Mat elastomer differs from its predecessors in reduced length – only 173 cm, therefore suitable for low athletes with growth to 160 cm. And there are no restrictions on weight – for a child or a person The obese constitution of Starfit FM-201 will be equally convenient. With two sides the texture is the same, but the colors are different – you can flip mat on the mood. The set sells textile ties for fixing twisted position.
As follows from the reviews, professionals do not use the rug – it does not have perfect grip and legs, arms when doing many exercises glide. Another sin is electrification, on the surface is collecting dust and hair. Fortunately, you can clean the mat water or a damp cloth.
The average price is 1200 rubles.
- Soft surfaces of two colors from different sides;
- Ties included;
- Relatively non-slip coating;
- The best price.
- The mat is electrified and collects dust.
FitTools Banana Lime
In fifth place in the ranking is a classic FitTools PVC mat Banana Lime, on the one hand is yellow, on the other is a banana color, but the texture of both is the same, traditional for polyvinyl chloride. The foam is quite elastic: when doing aerobics in sneakers on typos remain on the surface, but quickly restore shape, therefore it is enough to wipe the product with a sponge or wash it under the tap with soap. PVC density increased, on FitTools 10 cm thick moderately comfortable to carry out exercises, including with racks and focusing on the hands.
The dimensions of the canvas 190 x 61 cm allow people to engage in different growth up to 180 cm.
The PVC of which FitTools Banana Lime is made is dense, therefore straighten it will not be easy – in a roll he remembers the form and It takes time to lie down on the floor. Should be twisted bottom side inward so that the edges do not rise during training.
The average price is 900 rubles.
- Affordable price;
- Big sizes;
- Light weight;
- Optimum grip with arms, legs and floor;
- Double coloring;
- Optimum resilience with shape recovery after significant loads.
- It is difficult to lay down after unwinding the roll;
- Sweaty hands glide.
Closes the rating mat Starfit FM-301 from elastic NBR synthetic rubber, the cheapest material compared with the above models. This is a budget option for lovers: it is suitable for stretching, Pilates at home, We do not recommend exposing the product to intense loads – stretches, no reinforcement inside. Unable to achieve immobility in static yoga poses – slipping of legs and hands on the surface of the pp. Should not be practiced on the mat in sneakers – they will damage its surface, and with sharp steps and jumping can break the canvas.
Price Starfit FM-301 is the lowest in the ranking – about 700 rubles.
- Bright colours;
- Size 183×58 cm;
- Increased thickness of 10 mm, increased thermal insulation;
- Pleasant surface texture;
- Low price.
- Electrifies and attracts dust, hair;
- Instability to intense dynamic loads.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.