Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
If you have low pressure in the water supply system, then it must be raised using a special pump, otherwise the water will not will squeeze to the second floor. Sometimes even on the ground floor pressure not enough to ignite the automatic geyser, a washing machine or dishwasher is turned on. More such pumps allow you to organize pumping fluid from wells, ponds and tanks for organizing water supply or irrigation in private sector. These are not submersible models, but surface ones that are installed in technical pits with water meters, in boiler rooms or bathrooms. Tips on how to choose a booster pump and TOP 6 best options will be useful for those who are looking for such equipment.
- How to choose a booster pump
- Rating of the best pressure boosting pumps
- GILEX Jumbo 70/50 PK Comfort
- ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic
- Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)
- Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)
- Aquario AC 1512-195A (270 W)
- Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)
How to choose a booster pump
When choosing a pump, pay attention to the following specifications:
- Power. The indicator varies from 120 to 1100 watts. Than the higher the value, the better the station increases the pressure and longer will work without overheating. But increased power leads to an increase unit dimensions and power consumption, which increases the cost water supply.
- Performance. It happens from 20 to 70 l / min. To wash your hands or take a shower in the house, a minimum is enough indicator. For watering the garden, if you are in no hurry, too enough 20-30 l / min. But the set of large capacity will happen faster with characteristics of 40-70 l / min. The same parameter is required for 4-6 points of selection.
- Suction depth. If fluid sampling is not from water supply, but from a well / river / well, then the permissible role plays suction depth. It happens from 1 to 9 m. Choose a parameter based on its operating conditions.
- Water supply to a height. Pumps are able to increase the level flow to a height of 10-50 m. If you have a one-story house, then enough minimum value. In the case of a cottage on two or three floors or water supply from the river to the site located on a hill, look for models with characteristics from 20 m.
- Permissible fluid temperature. Some pumps can increase carrier pressure with a maximum temperature of +40 degrees, others up to + 60º C, and others up to + 80-95º C. For cold liquid it does not matter, but if you plan to pump pressure from the boiler or use the station in the heating system, then look for pumps with a temperature regime of + 80º C.
- Body material. It happens plastic or metal. The first cheaper, non-rust and lighter, but less durable. The second is heavy and costs more, but better tolerates loads.
- Connection Connect the pump to the system for increasing the pressure force is carried out through the threads 1, 1/2 or 3/4 inches. Choose the model that matches the pipes in your home.
- Type of cooling. It is dry and wet. Dry involves the separation of the chamber for the passage of water and the rotor, and winding blows fan located at the back. Such stations more productive, but take up a lot of space. Wet rotor pressure boosting devices are more compact because they do not require fan, but cooled by water flow, but they performance is lower.
- The tightness of the housing. The indicator can be from IP22 to IP54 The latter view can be installed in places where it will be splashing rain or water without harming the device. All the rest is allowed to be installed only in dry rooms.
- The presence of an automation unit and types of protection. Automation allows you to start the station to increase pressure at opening the tap. In other cases, manual start-up of the unit will be required. every time you use a water pipe. Among the types of security there may be protection against dry running and protection against overheating.
Rating of the best pressure boosting pumps
TOP 6 includes models with various characteristics that come in handy both in the country and in a large cottage. When selecting the best models experts took into account the opinions of customers from reviews, ratings sales of goods and technical parameters of equipment.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best pressure boosting pumps||1||GILEX Jumbo 70/50 PK Comfort||10 000 rub.|
|2||ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic||15 800 rub.|
|3||Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)||6 300 rub.|
|4||Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)||10 000 rub.|
|5||Aquario AC 1512-195A (270 W)||9 500 rub.|
|6||Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)||7 000 rub.|
GILEX Jumbo 70/50 PK Comfort
Tops the list of top pressure boosting pumps unit “Comfort” from the series “Jumbo”. The model is fully consistent to its name, literally tossing water to a height of 50 m. this fluid intake is allowed not only at the level the location of the pump itself, but from a depth of 9 m. Judging by the reviews, declared characteristics are fully consistent with the actual, because stability of pumping and maintaining the right pressure provides a powerful 1100W electric motor. Per minute pump gives up to 70 l, and the flow temperature is allowed up to +35 degrees.
We recommend this pump as one of the most productive for operation in a large house or cottage where there are several floors and 5-7 points of selection. Built-in ejector and patented system Venturi channels provide a steady increase in pressure and comfortable use of the water supply, regardless of incoming parameters.
- productivity is 70 l / min;
- protection against dry work;
- motor with ribs for accelerated cooling;
- attractive cost;
- the possibility of continuous operation.
- cannot be connected to a trunk with a diameter of less than 25 mm;
- a stabilizer is required in the presence of power surges.
ARDENA 3500 / 4E Classic
Among German products there is an interesting pump ARDENA 3500 / 4E from Classic Series with 800 watts and boosting power the liquid level in the pipe is up to 40 m. At the same time, the installation provides pumping up to 3500 liters per hour. Inside there is an impeller with ejector. The housing is protected against moisture at IP54, therefore operation is permitted even in the rain. Pump control is pretty simple – one button on the side to start and stop. Rubberized the legs help the station to skip less from vibration during work.
The main advantages of the pump are its power and compactness making the pressure booster very mobile. The presence of a handle on top of the case and a small weight of 8 kg simplify the transfer of the device to the cottage. We recommend station for watering a large garden from a well or a well, so that provide sufficient moisture and minimize costs.
- increases head up to a height of 40 m;
- able to absorb liquid from a depth of 8 m;
- productivity is 3500 l / hour;
- light weight 8 kg and carrying handle.
- fairly high cost;
- network cable only 1.5 m;
- plastic case.
Pedrollo PKm 60 (370 W)
This model to increase the pressure in the system is one of the youngest in the line of the Italian manufacturer. Despite this pump is capable of delivering pressure up to a height of 38 m s with a productivity of 2400 l / hour. Users in reviews like that such characteristics are achieved with a relatively small electricity consumption – 0.37 kW / h. Pump housing made of metal and weighs 5.2 kg. The side walls of the motor are equipped with protruding edges that increase the temperature removal area, so the model able to function continuously. Four holes in the base allow to fix the station on a platform with a rubber layer, so that it vibrates less.
Even in the reviews, this pump is praised for its very quiet operation. He is not buzzes like “older brothers”, and quietly rumbles, therefore the location of the unit in the bathroom or boiler room will not deliver discomfort to the inhabitants of the house.
- compact dimensions;
- standard connecting diameter 1 inch;
- the ability to fix to the base;
- metal case;
- ribs for efficient removal of temperature from the motor.
- it is inconvenient to take on the pump during installation or transfer;
- sold without power cord and plug.
Wilo PB-201EA (340 W)
The German brand Wilo offers a pump with a power of 340 W, which able to increase head up to 15 m. Despite the modest power consumption, a small station pumps up to 65 l / min or up to 3900 l / h. The installation is able to increase pressure up to 5 bar, which makes comfortable use of taps, automatic gas columns and other selection points. In the reviews, users are satisfied high-quality assembly of the unit with a body cast from gray cast iron. The shaft is made of stainless steel, and the mechanical seal to which the impeller slides, made of ceramic and graphite. All this, along with forced air cooling, extends smooth operation. For fixing in place provided two grooves with an open exit for bolts that simplifies removal in repair case.
The feature of this pump is the ability to pump water with temperature up to +80 degrees, when the characteristics of competitors limited to + 30 … + 60º C. This is true in the case of filing for the second or the third floor of a heated head, for example from a boiler.
- isolated start button;
- engine with efficient cooling;
- cast metal case;
- simplified fixation to the base.
- no plug and mains cable included.
Aquario AC 1512-195A (270 W)
The pump from the Italian brand Aquario is endowed with a motor with power 270 watts for energy saving. Apparatus able to increase the pressure of a liquid having a temperature from +2 to +60 degrees. The core and rotor are made of cold rolled steel, a copper winding, which increases the strength of the key assembly and resistance to loads. Pump shaft and bearings have ceramic coating, effectively abrasion resistant. Users in the reviews like that the pump can be translated into automatic mode, where the station will start when it is formed pressure 0.2 atm. The installation will be able to pick up the flow and increase feed force up to 6 bar.
This pump is capable of continuous operation without overheating, as the motor is not cooled built-in fan, and directly passing water flow. The wet rotor motor configuration makes a model for Pressure boosting compact and tough.
- economical energy consumption;
- three operating modes;
- can be installed near the wall or floor;
- compact dimensions 195x150x132 mm.
- costs more than more powerful counterparts.
Grundfos UPA 15-90 (120 W)
TOP-6 completes a 120-watt high-pressure pump pressure up to 8 m. It joins the water supply system through external thread 3/4 inches. The wet rotor is effectively cooled by the fluid flow itself and does not need a fan. Station building made of cast iron and weighs 2.6 kg, without exerting pressure on the pipes. “Baby” is able to develop pressure up to 6 bar and maintain both operation of selection points in the form of taps, and washing or a dishwasher. In reviews, the goods are praised for the quiet roar of the motor with an impeller and is recommended for use in country houses, not connected to the city water supply. But for a big cottage better look for another model.
It is one of the most compact pressure boosting pumps. His installation length is 160 mm when competitors have this an indicator of 170-195 mm. In addition to the small size, simplifying the search places for tapping, the unit stands out for its ability to function with a liquid whose temperature reaches + 95º C. This allows use the station to increase pressure not only in water supply, but even in the heating system.
- the designation of the direction of flow on the housing facilitates proper connection;
- there are automatic and manual modes;
- economical energy consumption;
- compact dimensions 160x113x119 mm.
- not everyone starts in auto mode;
- cannot be used in rooms with high humidity due to IP22 tightness class.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.