Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
An ice maker is necessary for the continuous production of ice cubes. This is necessary if you often drink ice drinks or constantly accept guests. Moreover, such a device is needed if you have your own bar or cafe. Ice makers are capable of creating ice of different types, in large or small, they come in different sizes and capacities. How to choose the best ice maker from this variety? We have collected the highest quality and productive models specifically for you to make it easier to decide.
- How to choose the best ice maker
- Rating of the best ice makers
- GASTRORAG IM-50
- CASO IceMaster Ecostyle
- PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079
- Clatronic EWB 3526
- Gastrorag db-02
- Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 L
How to choose the best ice maker
An ice machine is a device that you need to choose correctly. The choice will depend not only on your needs, but also on the destination you want to give the model. For home country, office or business use of an ice generator is needed different devices. Therefore, we have compiled a list of recommendations that help you decide on the option.
- Determine why you need an ice maker. If you often drink cocktails or chilled drinks, you You will need an average performance model. If you only occasionally you need to freeze a portion of ice – it is better to buy a low-power and inexpensive generator. A productive and fast ice machine will be needed, if you open a cafe or bar – the load on the device will be completely different, like the need for ice. Therefore, it is important immediately decide why you need a device.
- See what types of ice the appliance generates. Modern ice makers are capable of producing ice of several forms: cubic, finger, scaly, granular. there is also models producing non-standard types of ice – figured, spherical or hemispherical and so on. Scaly and granular ice cannot be added to drinks and alcohol, it designed to store food in display cases and fast cooling bottles.
- Decide what performance you need. Necessary Estimate how much ice you need and for how long. Based on this choose performance. The higher it is, the more ice will be in less time. But the “fast” device will cost more. So that if you drink iced tea once a day, you don’t need a generator, which is able to freeze 100 cubes per hour.
- Learn what kind of cooling the ice maker uses. Devices can be water or air. The first ones use water, to cool the chamber and freeze ice. They spend less electricity, take up little space and can be built into various surface. But they consume a lot of water, require connection to sewers and are more expensive. Air is cheaper, easier to install, they can be put anywhere. But they take up more space (their you can not lean against the wall, you need at least 50-70 cm of space) and require frequent cleaning of capacitors.
- If you need a small ice machine, take a look at jellied models. These are the simplest models that do not require connections to the sewerage and water supply system. They produce small amount of ice and consume only a little electricity. Such The generator is ideal for home or mini-bar.
- See where the ice will be stored. There are two options – the built-in bunker of small volume or portable drive in models designed for freezing more than 100-150 kilograms of ice per day. In the first case (as a rule, this is all home models and options for a cafe) it is important to turn off the device on time or empty the hopper – it quickly fills with ice.
- Determine where you want to install the device. Exist models for installation or installation on the floor or table. Important only so that you can bring to the chosen place all the necessary communications.
- Take a look at the design of the model. If the ice maker for you – not only a way to get a few cubes of frozen water, but also part of the interior, you should take a closer look at models with colorful design. If he will stand in the far corner in a cafe or bar, the appearance of the device is not fundamental.
- If your area has hard water, purchase ice maker with water softener. This device is necessary to the generator could work longer. Hard water spoils The “inside” of the generator leaves precipitation. Moreover, its just harmful to drink, even when frozen.
Actually, these recommendations are enough to choose the best ice maker for home, office, summer house or small business. Choosing the right device, you will not overpay and do not receive a device whose power you will miss.
Rating of the best ice makers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best ice makers||1||GASTRORAG IM-50||42,170 rub.|
|2||CASO IceMaster Ecostyle||18 590 rub.|
|3||PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079||22 990 rub.|
|4||Clatronic EWB 3526||20 990 rub.|
|5||Gastrorag db-02||12 990 rub.|
|6||Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 L||13 990 rub.|
A high-performance model that creates finger ice. Behind an ice maker is able to freeze up to 50 kilograms of ice per day, therefore well suited for popular bars and cafes. Ice machine It is cooled by air, so it is important to give it space. Conveniently, the device has indicators for filling the hopper and deficiency water. He will signal if he needs something, therefore skip the problem does not work.
The device received a strong and reliable metal casing of stainless steel. This will allow him to work long even on the most active production without breaking. But because of the material, the ice maker weighs 47 kilograms. The device is quite large – 54x61x82 see, therefore it is better to install it on the floor. The model has a built-in hopper for 13 kilograms. Unfortunately, the generator can do only one type of ice in one size – fingers 27 mm thick and 42 mm high. So to diversify the “ice menu” does not work, and all drinks will come with ice of the same shape and size.
- High performance.
- Indication of water shortage and full hopper.
- Strong metal case.
- One type and size of ice.
CASO IceMaster Ecostyle
Small compact ice maker with low performance. Ideal for home, small bars and cafe, makes up to 12 kilograms of ice per day. Ice machine it works very fast – it freezes one portion of ice in 6-13 minutes. The finished product is stored in a small bunker for one serving. There is a viewing window on the lid – through it you can watch freezing process. The ice maker is made of metal and plastic in chic modern design, it is compact and lightweight – just 24x34x35 cm with a weight of 9.3 kilograms. So it can be put on a table or bar, without fear for the integrity of the latter. A big plus is good thermal insulation. The ice in the bunker may lie and Do not melt for several hours.
Jellied type ice generator, therefore it is important to maintain the level water. The reservoir is only 1.7 liters, but an indication of a lack of water will not forget about timely replenishment. Device turns off automatically after making a portion of ice and loudly squeaks, attracting the attention of the owner. I am glad that the generator capable of producing ice of two sizes, but only of one type – finger-type.
- Indication of shutdown and lack of water.
- Fast freezing – from 6 to 13 minutes.
- It produces ice in two sizes.
- A bunker for only a few servings of ice – will not work freeze for the future.
PROFI COOK PC-EWB 1079
Another mini ice maker for the office, home or small cafe. It is capable of producing up to 15 kilograms of finger ice per day. Freezes one serving of ice in 10 minutes. Into the tank fits up to 1.7 liters of water, and if it is not enough for work, the device begins to squeak and require fluid to be added. Also the generator reports when the ice container is full. Essentially this the generator is slightly better than the previous rating model. But it costs almost a third more expensive and doesn’t look so chic.
The device is made according to the filling type. Therefore does not require water supply or sewage connections. Ice machine such compact and convenient that it can be taken out even to the nature. At Provided that you find where to connect it to power. He weights only 10 kilograms and has dimensions of 28x36x39 cm. Case combined, from metal and plastic. There is a viewing lid window to control ice freezing.
- Quick freeze ice – up to 9 fingers in 10 minutes.
- Indication of shutdown and lack of water.
- A small bunker – you can’t freeze ice for the future.
- High price.
Clatronic EWB 3526
An interesting model for home or office. Performance ice maker – up to 15 kilograms per day, he makes up to 9 cubes ice in 10 minutes. The large capacity for water – 2.2 liters, which 500 ml more than the previous two models. Her need less often fill than the previous ones. This will allow you not to worry about amount of ice and device maintenance. Unfortunately, in nature it cannot be taken out – the model is designed only for work in indoors.
The ice generator is bulk, therefore it is necessary to monitor the amount of water in the tank. The model has three indicators – fullness, lack of water and work. Ice machine stands more expensive than similar in functionality CASO IceMaster Ecostyle. But due to the increased volume of the water tank and the increased bunker it can be forgiven. The device is quite compact and will find place on any table or bar – it weighs 10 kilograms and has dimensions of 24.5x33x37 cm. But the pumped up design is an ice generator more like an inexpensive bread maker than anything else.
- Large water tank (2.2 liters).
- Quick freeze – up to 9 fingers in 10 minutes.
- Indication of completion of work, start of work and lack water.
- Not the most beautiful design.
The younger brother of the leader in our rating. This model designed for home or office use, suitable and for a small cafe. The device is capable of freezing up to 15 kilograms of ice in 24 hours, up to 9 cubes in 10 minutes. It’s jellied ice maker producing two traditional cubic ice sizes. The device has a small water tank – only 1.5 liter. So you will often have to replenish stocks. The hopper is placed to a kilogram of ice.
The ice generator received a stainless steel body and a cover with a viewing by the window. We were pleased that there are carry handles on the sides, this conveniently. Despite the usual for a home generator performance this model is bigger and heavier – weighs 13 kilograms and has dimensions of 30.5x35x36 cm. So, maybe she will be too heavy for your table and will have to look for a place more reliable. The design also let us down – the ice machine looks unattractive, more like an industrial model. But the model It turned out cheap and affordable, which is a big plus.
- Produces traditional cubic ice in two sizes.
- Low price of an ice maker.
- There are carry handles.
- Large and heavy body – not every table will fit.
- Small water tank (1.5 liters).
Gemlux GL-IM-88 2 L
And the low-cost and efficient ice maker completes our rating. The device has a capacity of up to 15 kg of ice per day. For 10 minutes inside can freeze up to 9 pieces. Great dignity models in that it is capable of producing three sizes at once finger ice. 2.2 liters will fit in the water tank. IN ice hopper can store 800 grams of finished fingers in for several hours. The device reminds to add water if it ends, and reports a lack of water.
The model is quite large and heavy – it weighs 11 kilograms with dimensions 25x36x33 cm. The design is more reminiscent of industrial ice makers, so it may not fit into modern cuisine. A serious advantage is the timer for turning on the ice generator. Can pour water into it and set the time when it should start freezing. AND then by the appointed hour you will have fresh ice in the bunker. Only do not forget to extract it.
- Three sizes of finished ice fingers.
- Large capacity for water (2.2 liters).
- Timer for freezing ice at the right time.
- Inconvenient weight and dimensions, you need to look for a safe place.
- Flimsy plastic cover.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.