Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
When you watch hockey players cutting through the ice, you catch yourself on the idea that speed attacks and powerful jerks provide game performance. All this gives not only excellent physical athlete training, but also the right equipment, where the most important element is skates. Hockey construction must provide predictability in any situation on the field.
Despite the fact that hockey skates look at a glance the same, except for the differences in colors, the difference is still exist. Among the models there are similar in design hockey skates, but absolutely inappropriate for a serious game. Made artificial leather or synthetic models, and all protection is reduced to the presence of a hard toe. These shoes will not prevent injury or protect against hitting the puck.
To help readers make a choice, our experts spoke with specialists and players, finding out what requirements they must meet hockey skates. Based on the information received was compiled rating that includes the 6 best models of skates for hockey players.
- How to choose hockey skates
- Rating of the best hockey skates
- Best hockey skates for beginners
- Fischer CT250 (adults)
- Bauer Supreme 140 (adults)
- The best semi-professional hockey skates
- Bauer Vapor X600 S17 (adults)
- GRAF Supra 451 Cobra NT 3000 (adults)
- The best professional hockey skates
- Bauer Nexus 7000 (adults)
- SK (Sports Collection) Senator Grand GT (adults)
How to choose hockey skates
- Skill level. Build on the set tasks. As a beginner, it is best to buy skates for beginners. Fine suitable initial models, for example, the company Graf. To those who want actively skating or hockey at an amateur level should take a closer look at inexpensive semi-professional hockey skates that are made of durable materials and protect your legs from blows of a washer, blades of another’s skates, cold. Not for professionals suitable models for beginners and amateurs, because insufficient rigidity they will quickly become worthless and not provide the necessary level of protection with active / aggressive skiing. These athletes need to choose advanced hockey skates from completely different price categories.
- Rigidity. This parameter is responsible for providing reliable fixation of the ankle joint, which, in turn, minimizes the risk of injury. Pay attention to shoes manufacturing materials. They must be high quality and durability. Even the tongue in hockey skates will be much harder than the walking models. It is worth remembering that more professionally hockey skates, the harder they are, but easier weight.
- Thermoforming. These shoes have special foam or plastic ankle-shaped inserts athlete due to heating, softening and subsequent hardening. Thermoforming is quicker to get used to without the appearance of corns and chafing. After warming the skates in a special furnace, the owner puts them on for 10-15 minutes to remember all contours. Do not store boots with thermoplastic material near heating / heating appliances, and also not exceeding ambient temperature over 45 is recommended degrees.
- Swap air chambers. They are located inside ridge and girdle ankle joint. Outside of every boot There is a pear for air injection. If you press on it, then in the chamber will begin to receive air, which will provide a more reliable and strong fixation of the lower leg.
- Lacing with clips. Special loop fastens between the lift and the upper part of the boot. Such a system gives the ability to individually lace up the lower and upper parts, choosing the necessary level of stiffness for each. Need similar only semi-professional and professional design hockey skates.
- Glass. Must be frost resistant if planned Skating in open ice arenas at temperatures below 10 degrees. It is then that any plastic from which it is usually made A glass of skate becomes brittle and can easily crack. For Indoor ice rinks fit ordinary glasses.
- Blades. Can be interchangeable or installed once and forever and ever. For beginner models, the blade is relatively soft and represents a strip from stainless or carbon steel. You will have to sharpen such skates often if a day or two is active ride, and if measured, then enough should be no less than a week. For semi-professional and professional too steel blades are used, but much stiffer with perforation to reduce the weight of the product, and less often needing sharpening even after hours of riding.
- Fastening blades in a glass. Screws on the side allow change blade without removing boot. There is also the possibility of using screws to adjust the height of the heel, fixing the depth in one of the three provisions. The disadvantages of this mount include arbitrary unscrewing the screws while sliding. Deflection of the screw to the heel, used by some manufacturers, facilitates access and eliminates the need to remove the skate.
- Slip. Dear professional models have minimum steel. Usually this is only the lower part, which directly in contact with ice. All other elements made of durable plastic and aluminum. T-Blade system with Hex steel edge allows you to increase speed slip, since during friction the temperature rises, which leads to melting ice. There is also a non-standard system on the market. Thermablade with batteries in glasses for heating blades. In his time such hockey skates practiced NHL players, but because ambiguous reviews, it was decided to refuse, although they are on sale still remain.
Rating of the best hockey skates
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best hockey skates for beginners||1||Fischer CT250 (adults)||5 360 rub.|
|2||Bauer Supreme 140 (adults)||3 460 rub.|
|The best semi-professional hockey skates||1||Bauer Vapor X600 S17 (adults)||16 299 rub.|
|2||GRAF Supra 451 Cobra NT 3000 (adults)||8 990 rub.|
|The best professional hockey skates||1||Bauer Nexus 7000 (adults)||–|
|2||SK (Sports Collection) Senator Grand GT (adults)||4 550 rub.|
Best hockey skates for beginners
Fischer CT250 (adults)
In first place in the ranking category are hockey skates with comfortable wide pad EE. Low profile outsole made from nylon, and HRC50 stainless steel blades. Insole anatomical with perforation for better ventilation. The model has microfiber liner and reinforced EVA tongue. Glass frost-resistant, so skates can be used outdoors ice arenas.
- boot with shape memory;
- Synthetic fabric interior
- high quality tailoring;
- price-quality ratio;
- wide size range – from 39 to 46;
- reasonable cost – 6500 p.
- not found.
Bauer Supreme 140 (adults)
The second line goes to hockey skates from a well-known company. Bauer. The model is maneuverable, high dynamic characteristics and a good degree of protection. Glass by the boot lightweight, but despite this withstands increased loads. is he frost-resistant, suitable for riding in open areas. Improves leg support with an integrated caliper support. Boot sits firmly on the foot thanks to the anatomical pad heel support). Fixed blade made of stainless steel with water repellent additive.
- thoughtful form;
- reliable fixation of the ankle and heel;
- light weight;
- completeness of R;
- reasonable cost – 5 thousand rubles
- require frequent sharpening (after 3-4 skating);
- weak plastic.
The best semi-professional hockey skates
Bauer Vapor X600 S17 (adults)
The first to be hockey skates with individual adaptation. The sides of the boot are made of a thermoformed composite, which guarantees maximum accurate repetition of the athlete’s leg shape. Anatomical insole FORM-FIT + provides stabilization of the foot. The dense tongue of felt has reinforced foam lining. The anatomical support (anatomical heel support) guarantees secure fit of the boot. Effective ankle support improves stability, contributing to rapid acceleration.
- glasses with quick blade replacement;
- quick response to movements;
- lightweight sole Clear injected TPU;
- Hydrophobic microfiber quick-drying lining.
- high cost – 15500 p.
GRAF Supra 451 Cobra NT 3000 (adults)
In the second position, hockey skates with reinforced sidewalls for better protection. There is the possibility of partial thermoforming boot. The semi-professional model provides an excellent fit, according to users. Blades made of high quality carbon steel.
- moisture-removing antibacterial interior decoration;
- cape made of impact resistant material;
- high dynamic characteristics;
- reliable fixation.
- relatively expensive – 9 thousand p.
The best professional hockey skates
Bauer Nexus 7000 (adults)
In the first place in the category of hockey skates with non-standard wide block. The model is perfect for people with a high lift legs and wide foot. Thermoforming makes it perfect boots for individual form. Glass with the ability to quickly change of blades.
- high level of protection;
- wide strong back;
- quick-drying material inside.
- thin insoles;
- soft protective tongue insert;
- relatively expensive – 12 thousand p.
SK (Sports Collection) Senator Grand GT (adults)
Hockey skates produced by Anthropometric Shoe’s unique technology that takes into account anthropometry of the feet, resulting in increased comfort and stability legs. The boot completely envelops the foot, which guarantees reliable fixation. Blades made of alloy steel, excellent holding sharpening even at low temperatures.
- lining made of natural moisture-removing material;
- double tongue made of felt with synthetic leather;
- foam EVA insole;
- wide size range – from 40 to 47;
- reasonable cost – 4550 p.
- not found.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.