Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Garden hand drills are used to create landing pits seedlings or installation of fences. Hand Tool Cost cheaper than motorized, therefore, for giving or a small garden in the courtyard of a private house is the most optimal option. Let’s figure out how to choose a garden drill by key parameters and which models are considered the best by buyers. it will narrow your search and help you better understand what to look for attention when buying.
- How to choose a garden drill
- Overview of the best garden boers
- Fiskars QuikDrill Fiskars 1000 640 (134730)
- BISON EXPERT garden manual, diameter 250mm
- TORNADO PRO
- Sibrteh screw, diameter 25 cm
- Bison 39491-200
- FIT 110 x 11 cm
How to choose a garden drill
So, we note the key characteristics when choosing a garden drill with manual transmission:
- Type of drill. It can be disk or screw. The first consists of two semicircles that cut the soil. For immersion the operator moves the handle forward to back, crushing the ground. The auger drill has a spiral that penetrates the ground when rotating along clockwise. The second type is less likely to be removed for cleaning and he pulls the soil more up behind him in one climb.
- Drilling diameter. Varies from 100 to 300 mm and affects on what root system it will turn out to put a seedling in a hole. The ability to install pillars also depends on this indicator. fences of a certain section.
- Change nozzles. Makes the garden tool versatile allowing you to change the diameter of the drilling depending on the needs. But the presence of interchangeable cutters increases the likelihood of formation of play reduces structural strength compared to monolithic.
- Drilling depth. The indicator is from 80 to 150 cm. Than the bigger it is, the deeper it will turn out to drill for installing piles, especially on soft soil.
- Weight. It is important to consider the mass of the drill when transporting on long distances or when you need to use the tool all day. The weight of a manual Yamobur can be from 1.5 to 6 kg.
- Handle comfort. Lever length affects usability rotation. The larger the handle, the less effort to the user.
- Collapsible or integral. The first type is stronger, but harder transport over long distances (transport to the cottage in train or car trunk). The second type of drill can be disassembled, disconnecting the handle and shortening the bar, but during operation it there is a backlash.
Overview of the best garden boers
Now let’s move on to specific examples of garden drills, trustworthy and trustworthy buyers.
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Overview of the best garden boers||1||Fiskars QuikDrill Fiskars 1000 640 (134730)||4 529 rub.|
|2||BISON EXPERT garden manual, diameter 250mm||5 530 rub.|
|3||TORNADO PRO||1 050 rub.|
|4||Sibrteh screw, diameter 25 cm||724 rub.|
|5||Bison 39491-200||1 710 rub.|
|6||FIT 110 x 11 cm||796 rub|
Fiskars QuikDrill Fiskars 1000 640 (134730)
In the first place is a garden drill from the Finnish manufacturer Fiskars. The tool belongs to the disk type and is equipped with two semicircular knives. They are fixed to the bar with screws and can be changed. larger or smaller diameter. Users in reviews share that the construction is strong and without play. Weighs inventory 2.2 kg and allows you to create pits with a depth of up to 90 cm with its own length 110 cm. Metal powder coated to increase protection. iron against corrosion. The handle is coated with a soft material that makes it easy Grip and anti-slip. The end of the Yamobur is equipped with a small screw cone for easy penetration.
The product is recognized as the best for the sharpness of the blades. For work on overgrown in the soil it’s enough to remove the sod along the perimeter of the future hole with a shovel. Digging pits with roots is not required – sharp knives cut everything yourself, which reduces the time.
- easily cuts the ground;
- resistant paint on the structure;
- no backlash;
- the ability to change blades.
- it is difficult to work on clay soil with stones;
- the depth marking on the bar is quickly erased;
- high price.
BISON EXPERT garden manual, diameter 250mm
In second place is a garden Yamobur from the Russian brand Zubr. The model belongs to the screw type and is endowed with self-sharpening milling cutters that do not need to be maintained during operation. Judging by reviews, owners like the presence of boards on the auger, holding the earth when lifting the drill. It boosts pit cleaning performance and speed. Tool suitable for create holes with a depth of 120 cm. The drilling diameter is 250 mm.
We found the garden model the best because of the special handle, created by the company’s patented technology. She has lockable screw to move the perpendicular bar left or right relative to the bar. It helps increase leverage, creating a L-shaped design instead of a T-shaped. Due to such transforming garden tools easier passes stony layers the soil. Another lock allows you to completely extend the handle, which reduces the dimensions of the goods during transportation or storage.
- the ability to drill holes with a diameter of up to 25 cm;
- self-sharpening auger;
- on the cutting part there is a side holding the ground when extraction of drill;
- comfortable handle.
- high price;
- weight of 6 kg tires hands during prolonged use.
Further high carbon steel garden tools from domestic brand “Tornado”. Thanks to the wide screw drill holes up to 200 mm in diameter. Borax metal painted bright powder coating to prevent corrosion. Product weighs 2.6 kg, so it’s easier to manage with long manipulations. From the factory, the auger is sharpened well enough that lets you get started right away. To buyers in reviews like that the drill rod can be gradually increased by installation of additional inserts (design consists of 4 parts). This ensures that the optimal rack size is maintained. so that at the start of drilling it is not too high.
Garden Yamobur caught our attention due to forged working the part that can withstand increased loads in a collision with stones or highly compressed layers of soil. This drill element always made by hand in a forge. Another product feature – the ability to drill holes with a depth of up to 150 cm.
- there is a rubber handle on a vertical bar;
- collapsible design to reduce dimensions when transportation;
- the ability to adjust the height to the user’s height;
- relatively affordable price.
- the lever slides in the hands;
- during operation there is a slight backlash due to several inserts.
Sibrteh screw, diameter 25 cm
The manufacturer “Sibrteh” offers a garden manual auger drill type with a diameter of working equipment of 250 mm. With it you can create holes or wells with a depth of up to 100 cm. Garden structural steel inventory. The handle here joins boom with screw and nut. It simplifies storage and transportation, but the owners in the reviews warn that the metal the handles are very thin and from high loads it can come off by place of welding. Using a welding machine, the pipe can be replaced. to a thicker one, that’s why many drills still serve since Iron is reliably protected from rust by a powder coating. It is convenient to rotate the lever thanks to two rubberized handles. Weigh model 2.46 kg.
In reviews, everyone praises the garden drill for “biting” into the ground. it possibly due to protruding teeth, which are equipped with a small and big augers. This configuration allows you to cut roots faster. plants and raise stones to remove obstacles from the path.
- handle with rubberized handles;
- collapsible T-shaped design;
- made of structural high carbon steel;
- powder coating.
- if you have to drill clay with water (strongly sucks), then when removing the drill, the arms bend;
- the working part is not forged, but welded from several segments – welding seams may burst due to load;
- thin metal transverse pipe.
And here is another garden pit from the budget category. Tool It has a length of 110 cm and a tooling width of 200 mm. Connection between T-shaped handle and bar collapsible. Separately sold inserts to increase the length of the rack. Users share that during assembly, the design is reliable, without backlash. After intensive work, it’s even difficult to disassemble it, since the node on thread is tightened by rotation. Judging by the positive reviews, garden tools are suitable for any soil, and in sandstones goes as if in oil.
We considered the drill the best because of the strong knives. They are made of carbide steel and equipped with a thicker lining on the side cutting edge. This increases the strength of the work tool and does not allows you to bend when colliding with stones. For removing the latter provides a cut between the small and large screws, thanks to which the stones are removed to the side and do not interfere process.
- a gap is provided in the screw to allow small stones
- collapsible design;
- drills on sandstone as in oil;
- affordable cost.
- hard to disassemble after prolonged use (connection drags on even more);
- handles are not covered with anything.
FIT 110 x 11 cm
The review is completed by a garden Yamobur from the Canadian manufacturer FIT. It is made of tool steel and has a rod length of 110 cm with with a diameter of the remains of 110 mm. It can be used for mounting narrow columns or planting garden crops. Inventory weighs only 1.5 kg Screw type design in which the tool is welded to front desk. T-handle with padded padding plastic, which increases the comfort of the grip and reduces the likelihood the formation of corns. At the end of the working area is a powerful peak, facilitating the beginning of deepening. Users in reviews share that a narrow drill comes in handy not only in the garden, but also in the case of Drain pipe cleaning with a diameter of 120 mm.
The garden model is recognized as the best in terms of cost and quality. Of course, at this price it is not made in Canada, but the tool is well suited for planting garden plants. A feature of the drill is the configuration of the screw with 4 turns. The arrangement of the cutting tiers is quite dense compared to competitors’ models, which reduces the load on equipment when working with dense layers of soil.
- rubberized handles;
- powerful peak;
- optimal cost;
- made of tool steel.
- not suitable for drilling wells for installation of the fence;
- equipment has a welded connection with a bar;
- long distance between the lance and the cutting part.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.