Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Among the various types of insulation, the leading place is polystyrene foam. It is a foamed polymer material composed on 98% of the air. It does not exert pressure on the structure and has low thermal conductivity 0.038 W / mK. Expanded polystyrene is used in liquid and solid form. In the second case, for fixing the plates to the walls and the ceiling use various adhesives. From the quality and type of binder depends on the reliability of mounting blocks, installation time, technical and weather conditions for installation. To facilitate the selection, we prepared a rating of the best adhesives for expanded polystyrene based on product specifications and user reviews.
- Rating of the best glues for expanded polystyrene
- Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix
- Tytan Styro 753 GUN
- Knauf klebenspachtel
- Prospectors Teploizol
- Ceresit Express CT 84
- TechnoNicol Professional
Rating of the best glues for expanded polystyrene
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best glues for expanded polystyrene||1||Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix||509 rub|
|2||Tytan Styro 753 GUN||457 rub|
|3||Knauf klebenspachtel||250 rub|
|4||Prospectors Teploizol||386 rub|
|5||Ceresit Express CT 84||560 rub|
|6||TechnoNicol Professional||30 rub|
Ceresit CT 83 Strong Fix
The first place in the ranking is occupied by a product from a German concern Henkel. He produces building materials and solutions under the brand Ceresit. The glue is designed for extreme conditions and is different high adhesion. In the reviews, users report that when checking load bearing capacity always occurs in the material. Glue is prepared in 5 minutes by simply mixing with water. The solution lets steam through, so moisture will not accumulate in indoors. Excess traces of the mixture can be easily removed with water. Plastering is allowed three days after installation. The substance can be used to create fire spills, since it is not subject to burning.
Our experts included glue in the rating, as the best for installation thick plates of expanded polystyrene from the outside of the facade of the house. Work with the mixture is allowed even at a street temperature of 0 degrees, only then it is necessary to apply warm water (+30 degrees) for glue preparation. This substance will be able to attach qualitatively. sheets of expanded polystyrene, 200 mm thick and they will not tear wind.
- environmentally friendly composition;
- economical consumption;
- glue passes steam through itself (moisture will not linger in room);
- glue preparation in 5 minutes.
- high price;
- Do not glue on paint coatings;
- concrete can only be fixed 3 months after fillings;
- it’s possible to cook the mixture well only with a mixer (need revs 400-800 per minute).
Tytan Styro 753 GUN
In second place ranking is adhesive in the form of mounting foam. It is available in a 750 g cylinder. To apply it use construction pistols, where the cylinder is inserted up legs. With this technology, the installation process of expanded polystyrene occurs 5 times faster than when diluting the solution and equipment with trowels and graters. But the height of the foam does not exceed 5 mm, therefore, when installing expanded polystyrene plates from the outside, where they will be subject to wind and precipitation, additional fixation required dowels. But this can already be done 2 hours after gluing what masters like in reviews.
According to our experts, the product deserves a place in the ranking of the best for fuel economy. Unlike bulk mixes applied 50 mm wide around the perimeter of a sheet of polystyrene foam, glue is sufficient in in the form of a thin strip 10-15 mm wide. Therefore, one cylinder can fix expanded polystyrene on an area of up to 8 m². To transport sealant at the installation site is also convenient due to the compact capacities.
- no preparation required – just shake the bottle by hand;
- easy and convenient application from the gun;
- high adhesion to metal, concrete, brick, plastic, a tree;
- economical consumption and accelerated work.
- high cylinder price;
- for exterior decoration will require additional dowelling;
- can only be used at positive temperatures.
Third place in the ranking is occupied by goods from a German manufacturer. The adhesive mixture is dry and diluted with water to the desired consistency. Adhesive is supplied in packages of 25 kg. Possesses high adhesion to hard and soft materials. Can be applied at the same time for fixing expanded polystyrene and mineral wool (in places of flame protection). Suitable solution for indoor use or for facade decoration. Buyers in reviews like that glue is suitable for any type of expanded polystyrene both conventional and extruded. In the solution itself, the air pores are 13-15%, therefore, the composition is durable and eliminates falling off the wall.
We added the product to the rating due to the possibility of machine drawing on walls. Pumps of type G4 or Monojet. This greatly improves performance on facades with large area. Glue can be used for reinforcing polystyrene foam, fixing a special mesh for plastering on it solutions. The thermal conductivity of the binder itself is only slightly higher. foam and is 0.047 W / mK.
- machine application allowed;
- suitable for reinforcement;
- large temperature range;
- seizes in 60 minutes;
- water holding capacity of 95%.
- high consumption – 7-8 kg of dry mix per m²;
- it is difficult to transport large bags not an object;
- low productivity with manual application.
The fourth place in the rating is given to Russian glue for expanded polystyrene, also available as a dry mixture. Packaging holds 25 kg of fine powder, diluted with water in ratio of 250-300 ml per 1 kg. If you need to knead large volume immediately, then enough 6-7 liters of water per bag. Glue can apply for fixing foam of any thickness, as well as strengthening surfaces for subsequent finishing. Outside permitted use on facades. If the repair is not planned immediately, then in the original packaging, the product can last up to 12 months.
Our experts put glue in the rating for lower consumption, although this indicator depends on the skill of the master to apply the composition to the stove polystyrene foam. After training, you can go to an indicator of 3-4 kg 1 m² (with trowel teeth 1.0-1.2 cm), which is two times more economical German brands. We also noted the viability of the solution for 3 hours. Thanks to this, wall decoration can be done slowly and easily. remove excess traces of glue with a wet rag.
- universal in adhesion to the base;
- does not require preliminary surface cleaning;
- reduced consumption of 3-4 kg;
- Suitable for basic reinforcement.
- the price is almost the same as European products;
- heavy bags of 25 kg are more difficult to transport to the object;
- complete hardening after 3 days;
- work can be carried out at +10 degrees and above.
Ceresit Express CT 84
In fifth place in the ranking is another German product from Ceresit, but now in the form of polyurethane foam. Composed substance made of polyurethane and combustible gas, extruding material out. You can use the product with air humidity up to 90%. The adhesion to concrete is 0.3 MPa. But glue consumption inferior to other participants in the rating – one cylinder is enough to cover with polystyrene foam about 6 m². Buyers note in reviews ease of use of the product – the adhesive is shaken for 30 seconds and is wound on the gun. Drawing is carried out a cross on a cross on the plate, as well as around the perimeter, with a strip width of 5-10 mm. IN within 20 minutes you can adjust the insulation. Extra traces can only be removed with solvent.
Our experts rated the product in the rating as the most resistant to low temperatures. Installation is allowed even at -10 degrees, which allows to conduct facade insulation even in winter. With such In extreme building conditions, rejection takes 7-10 hours. In summer, the adhesive sets in 2 hours.
- there are no freons in the composition;
- resistant to water;
- work can be carried out at high humidity;
- economical consumption;
- the ability to perform installation on a large area in one day.
- almost always the facade requires reinforced polystyrene dowels;
- adheres poorly to painted surfaces;
- walls of foam blocks should be pre-primed (otherwise building material strongly absorbs glue, and expanded polystyrene fall away).
In sixth place in the rating is a domestic product in the form sealant in the cylinder. Adhesive consists of one-component polyurethane foam and is suitable for all types of expanded polystyrene. Installation is allowed to be carried out at a temperature from 0 to +30 degrees. The masters in the reviews recommend that after applying to the stove wait a minute for the foam to expand slightly, and then squeeze Styrofoam to the wall with a long profile. Glue after Hardening resistant to water and mold. The material has no effect. aging. You can correct the insulation for another 20 minutes after fixing, to achieve minimum gaps between the plates and ensure evenness of blocks.
The product got into the rating at once for several reasons. Firstly, glue is much cheaper than competitors, therefore installation expanded polystyrene does not require significant investments. Secondly, one cylinder, with skillful use, is enough for finishing 10 m², which saves even more money. Thirdly, the foam adheres perfectly not only to concrete, brickwork or chipboard, but even to ceramic tile and glass mosaic. It exempts from dismantling old finishes on a specific facade and simplifies work.
- slight expansion after application;
- simple installation process, understandable even for a beginner;
- high adhesion to various materials;
- hardening in a day with achievement of density of 25 g / cm ³;
- can be used for exterior and interior use.
- operation only at positive temperature;
- upon contact with silicone and polyethylene enters the chemical reaction;
- for quick drying, humidity should be within 50%;
- for work you will have to buy a mounting gun.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.