Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Wood processing machines are often used for wood processing. possessing a broaching mechanism and knives on the drum, providing safe removal of the top layer. Such equipment used by joiners when planing boards and beams to create exact size of preparations. Using a thicknesser, you can do it yourself to produce boards from loose logs. Our ranking of the best planers assembled the most popular models differing good features and having many positive reviews. This information will help you choose hobby carpentry equipment, workshop or small production.
- How to choose a thicknessing machine
- Advantages and disadvantages of planer and thicknesser machine tools
- Rating of the best planers
- Metabo DH 330
- Special SRM-2000
- JET JWP-12
- Kraton WMT 318
- Interskol RS 330-1500
How to choose a thicknessing machine
To correctly choose a thicknessing machine from the above rating of goods or the available assortment in the store, it is necessary Know the key parameters of the equipment. These include:
- Electric motor power. The indicator varies from 1.5 to 3 kW, which determines the thickness of the planing at a time and features work with wood of various density and humidity.
- The number of parties processed at one time. Apparatus can remove one or two sides at once (blades above and below rotate on shafts), which increases productivity and increases cost of goods.
- The number of knives on the drum. On one shaft can be located from 2 to 4 knives. This affects processing speed and quality. gouging. Four blades are beneficial in operation, but also increase cost of goods and services.
- Depth of cut per passage. Indicates the height of the removed layer with a single holding of the board. The indicator is from 2 to 3 mm This affects performance at high volumes. For a hobby or periodic activity parameter is not fundamental.
- Knife sharpening side. Single-sided grinding machines cheaper, but snap-in more often have to edit. Double-sided sharpening on equipment will cost more, but it extends uninterrupted operation.
- Width and height of the workpiece. Since the design the thicknessing machine has a portal shape, then on the size of the opening dimensions of the workpiece depend. There are models in width that allow to get a board from 280 to 330 mm, and in height from 140 to 152 mm.
- Chipbreaker. If there is a connection pipe it will turn out to attach a vacuum cleaner or bag. Otherwise sawdust will fall to the floor and will need cleaning.
- Minimum thickness. To plan thin planks and Fence important minimum thickness of the workpiece, varying from 5 to 7 mm.
- Shaft rotation frequency. Found from 8,000 to 10,000 revolutions per minute, which affects the processing speed.
- Weight. Machine tools are available in weights from 26 to 40 kg. Although all they belong to the category of mobile equipment, but with frequent minimum weight makes changing jobs transportation.
Advantages and disadvantages of planer and thicknesser machine tools
In addition to thicknessers presented in our rating, a similar function is performed by jointing machines. Consider briefly the pros and cons of equipment by comparing it with each other so that finally understand what type is needed for a particular activities.
+ MOST MODELS HAVE A LASTING MECHANISM
+ SMALL WEIGHT 30-40 KG
+ ENHANCED SAFETY
+ COMPACT DIMENSIONS WILL NOT TAKE MANY PLACES IN THE WORKSHOP
+ SMALL ELECTRIC POWER CONSUMPTION
-There is a limit on the height and width of the workpiece
-DIFFICIENT TO CUT CURVILINE PARTS
-NON-CONVENIENT TO WORK WITH BOARDS LENGTH OVER 1.5 M
-LESS POWERFUL ENGINES
+ EASY TO PROCESS BOARDS, LENGTH 2-3 M
+ POWERFUL MOTORS ON 5-7 kW
+ NO LIMITS ON PREPARATION HEIGHT
+ CHOOSE QUARTER
+ LESS VIBRATION BECAUSE OF A POWERFUL BED
-TAKES MANY PLACES IN THE WORKSHOP
-BAR HAS TO BE PUSHED BY HANDS
-MORE DANGEROUS WORK
– LATERAL SUPPORT NEEDS A RIGHT ANGLE SETTING
– ONLY STATIONARY INSTALLATION
Rating of the best planers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best planers||1||Metabo DH 330||39 999 rub.|
|2||Special SRM-2000||19 490 rub.|
|3||JET JWP-12||26 500 rub.|
|4||Kraton WMT 318||25 950 rub.|
|5||Interskol RS 330-1500||26 950 rub.|
As you can see, the thicknesser is more suitable for a small beam, long 1.5 m and planing in tight spaces. Its not difficult get out of the garage, do the work on the street and hide equipment back. Here is a ranking of the best models that have excellent Characteristics and many positive reviews.
Metabo DH 330
The first place is given to the German model with two double-sided knives and the ability to plan maximum width 330 mm. The thicknesser is equipped with a 1800 W motor and rotates shaft at a speed of 9800 rpm. Removed from the wood at a time immediately 3 mm. The feed mechanism pulls the workpiece at a speed of 7 m in a minute. A folding board is used to maintain a long board. bed. To process the ribs, it turns out to get the product 15.2 cm across height. Sawdust is removed through the suction port, 10 cm in diameter. You can connect a vacuum cleaner to it to maintain cleanliness in the workshop. All dangerous parts are placed deep in the machine, therefore, the operator is not in danger. Determine height a settable scale helps with a narrow, precise pointer. To ensure that the values do not stray from vibration, a lock is provided.
Our experts awarded the model first place due to the high smoothness of the processed surface. Carbide knives are so qualitatively cut off the top layer of wood that the board turns out smooth as a mirror, and this is confirmed by the reviews of the masters. At dull snap can be re-sharpened. Experienced users They say that knives from Enkor and Belmash are suitable for the machine.
- confidently drags the material with a broaching mechanism;
- revolutions fall from the load, but the machine continues to turn – itself will not stop;
- expansion tables are especially durable;
- the size is accurate even without a stopper.
- howls when working;
- high price;
- thickness limiter (lateral) shows incorrect Values
- there is a gap on the hood that needs to be sealed with tape.
In second place rating is a thicknesser with a capacity of 2 kW. Its main advantage is the price, which is difficult to compete with. other manufacturers. The machine has a shaft with two knives and Planes in one pass 3 mm. The drum is able to rotate on speeds up to 8000 rpm. Surpasses the apparatus of other participants rating on the height of the workpiece placement of 16 cm. Buyers in reviews share that reysmus machine is easy handles dry wood, but with a wet board he needs to work heavier. Judging by the characteristics and price – this is the best option for a hobby or small batch home production.
Our experts drew attention to the thicknessing unit due to its weight 26 kg. This is the lowest rating. To carry Convenient plastic handles are provided on the sides of the case. Small the mass is achieved due to the duralumin bed, but its casting is even and without sinks. The machine is practical for those who do not have enough space in the workshop and you have to take him to the yard for work.
- emergency shutdown button;
- exact scale of height;
- supporting rollers at the ends of the bed;
- affordable cost;
- motor overheating protection.
- there is no nozzle for fixing the suction pump;
- chains for broaching from soft metal;
- pulling and planing shafts at the same height;
- black marks from rubber rollers remain on the wood.
We gave the third place in the rating to the thicknessing machine Swiss company Jet. Sellers claim that this model has almost no refunds. Buyers satisfied with build quality and processing wood. The power planer has a 1.8 kW electric motor, spinning two knives up to 9000 rpm. The maximum width of the board, fed to the shaft, can reach 31.8 cm and a height of 15.3 cm. one pass is planed to 2.5 mm. The pulling mechanism is equipped rubber rollers feeding blanks at a speed of 7 m per minute. Customers like the reviews that come with two spare a knife. This extends the uptime. For maintenance of cleanliness in the workshop provides a pipe to a vacuum cleaner.
This model has the most reviews, due to excellent quality, not inferior to the leader of the rating, but at the price of two times lower. According to the characteristics with Metabo DN 330 they are almost identical. The cleanliness of a planed surface, where in most cases can do without subsequent grinding.
- anti-slip rubber feet;
- supporting rollers on a folding bed and on top housing;
- holes for fixing to the workbench to reduce vibration
- engine temperature sensor with automatic power off;
- dust collection system.
- there is a slight difference in height between the feed and host tables;
- little factory lubrication – after the purchase it is better to disassemble everything and to miss;
- noisy in work;
- aluminum table is gradually erased.
Kraton WMT 318
The fourth place in the rating is occupied by the thicknessing machine from Russian manufacturer. The unit is manufactured at a factory in China, but this does not in any way affect its quality. Electric motor power of 1.5 kW, spins the drum with two knives up to 8000 rpm Part speed is up to 8 m / min. On the soft wood (pine) machine can select at a time up to 3 mm top layer. The processing width is permissible up to 31.8 cm, and the height is 15.3 cm. The housing is powder coated to protect the metal from corrosion. The owners in the reviews report that the blades at the machine sharpened, and this allows you to save on tooling.
Our experts included the thicknesser in the rating because of stamina. According to the experience of joiners, he serves up to 5 years in a workshop without major repairs in everyday use. With time will have to replace brushes, belt drive and buy new knives, but the engine itself and the undercarriage are “not killed.” By the way, a lingering shaft here steel, not rubber, which can be envied more expensive models.
- knives are not disposable and can be sharpened;
- the set size is precisely maintained;
- economical energy consumption;
- simple adjustment system.
- over time, the paint on the folding tables is erased;
- no holes for fixed mounting on a workbench;
- To replace the brushes, you need to disassemble the case.
Interskol RS 330-1500
Fifth place in the ranking is allotted again to Russian goods, but already from the Interskol brand. The machine is endowed with a power of 1.5 kW, but despite this spins the shaft to 9500 rpm. Feed width billets 330 mm model surpasses most competitors. The design provides for the connection of a dust extraction system. Behind one pass can be removed up to 2.8 mm of the top layer from the workpiece. Weigh Thicknessing unit 33 kg, and provided for relocation in-depth handles. Buyers in reviews praise the product for smooth bed providing easy pulling of the material.
Our experts liked the planer knives, for which he is listed in the rating of the best. The presence of blades with each side allows you to reinstall the drum in case of blunting cutting edge and continue to work. This is optimal for temporary construction projects (finishing baths, saunas, gazebos in the cottage village), where it is not possible to perform a specific sharpening snap.
- button to quickly stop rotation;
- easy brush replacement without disassembling the case;
- width of the received part is up to 33 cm;
- conveniently adjustable depth of passage.
- it is impossible to plan boards with a thickness of less than 13 mm;
- no spare parts for gearbox gear for sale;
- the block rises tightly from the lower to the upper position;
- bevel gears made of plastic.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.