Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
What to do if you think that you smell bad the mouth? First of all, you need to make sure that it true. Halitosis, or halitosis (such a scientific the name of this symptom), is sometimes fictitious, and is a sign of dissatisfaction with one’s own body, the equivalent inferiority, or symptom of dysmorphophobia. The man is suspicious, easily suggestible, imagines that strangers departing from him, for example, at a bus stop, or the metro leaves for a reason, but because that he “stinks out of his mouth.” Therefore, how to make sure objectively unpleasant odor? The easiest way to do this yourself. There are several ways.
Recognize your smell
- To learn how to recognize your smell, first you can really spoil it a little, for example, by conducting experiments after eating garlic or onions. First, you need wash your hands thoroughly without soap so that your palms do not smell. Then you need to make a sharp exhale in the clasped hands, and after that the contents of the palms quickly pull the nose “for analysis”.
- The second way is to apply the language on your own wrist, which should not smell anything of its own saliva. Of course, the smell of saliva and the smell in the mouth can be different intensity, but still it’s a pretty effective way.
- Finally, you can lick or hold briefly under the tongue any clean item, such as a plastic spoon. When she will dry out, then the smell will manifest itself more intensely.
- Finally, you can wipe the mouth with a clean gauze swab, gums, the bottom of the mouth, and then just sniff this swab. The last way is to use dental floss as intended, and then examine it for a special flavor.
- After independent research methods, it is necessary consult your dentist to make sure if any objective signs of halitosis. These signs may be various raids on the oral mucosa, and on the tongue. By itself, these are untreated teeth, including the presence of carious cavities, periodontitis, and pulpitis, and in old age – and periodontal disease. Quite often with halitosis, such unpleasant symptoms occur, like burning in the mouth, feeling dry, or metallic smack in the mouth.
What smells and why?
There are some pretty specific, specific smells, or the main markers of the pathology of certain organs. We will deal with them:
- the smell of ammonia, or ammonia. Ammonia odor says that in the patient’s body the final nitrogen decay products – urea, which should be excreted from kidneys, or ammonia. It must be metabolized in the liver to urea, having gone through the ornithine cycle. Therefore, if there is ammonia smell, – this is, first of all, a symptom of chronic hepatic failure, and secondly – a sign of chronic renal failure;
- if you are concerned about the smell of hydrogen sulfide, rotten eggs or intestinal gas, it can be directly connected with periodic rotten burping. It, in turn, indicates low acidity. gastric juice, about congestion in the stomach and the duodenum. As a rule, the patient has heaviness, especially after eating, he does not digest heavy foods, for example meat, and often suffers from indigestion;
- the smell of ripe and even overripe apples, the so-called “fruit smell”, or aroma acetone. Most often, it indicates the accumulation of ketone bodies in blood, developed metabolic acidosis. Most dangerous is pathology is considered with diabetes mellitus of the first type, because, in in the end, severe ketoacidotic coma may develop;
- the common putrid odor is much more common which indicates various inflammatory and dystrophic diseases of the maxillofacial zone, dentition and oral cavity. IN in some cases, this pathology is associated with bacterial respiratory diseases. So, the most significant, but also at the same time a very rare and severe case is gangrene of the lung. A patient with lung gangrene is the source of such an eerie the smell in one room, and sometimes even on the same floor with him impossible to be. This is about the same as for large to put a piece of rotting meat on a fan to reinforce smell. Fortunately, lung gangrene is extremely rare;
- there is a liver odor. Everyone knows the flavor of the liver, especially if you make minced meat from it, or fry cutlets. Hepatic bad breath indicates liver disease, such as cirrhosis, or chronic active hepatitis. First listed smell ammonia, or ammonia occurs in the last stages liver failure, when almost all are already hepatocytes destroyed, and the liver has nothing to dispose of the final metabolic product proteins;
- there are very rare odors. For example, from the mouth fecal, or fecal odor may come. This is also evidence. extremely severe gastrointestinal upset, called retroperistalsis (peristalsis in the opposite direction). Then the passage of food contents is not in the natural direction from the stomach to the intestines, and vice versa. IN very severe cases, even fecal vomiting is possible, but this symptom again only occurs in very severe patients with intestinal obstruction, which are located in surgical hospitals. On the you cannot meet such a patient’s street, and for a long time such a smell from an ordinary person cannot come.
In addition to such serious diseases that have been listed above, there are more common causes of halitosis, or fetid breathing. Most often, poor oral hygiene leads to it, stomatitis, tooth pathology. Quite often, we are talking about oropharyngeal candidiasis, chronic inflammation of the salivary glands. This pathology most often occurs in the elderly.
You should know that chronic tonsillitis, tonsillitis, adenoids, pulmonary tuberculosis can also lead to unpleasant exhaled air. In some cases bad breath associated with taking medications, and most often, it is or the sweet smell or the smell of iron, in general, some kind of aroma is not quite ordinary.
Halitosis, or bad breath, should be distinguished from odor chronic smoker, from “amber” onions and garlic, in general, from of all those smells that have a clear and external nature, and which Do not appear by themselves, for no apparent reason.
What medications can be used to help to such patients? What remedies can refresh your breath? Before start listing these funds, you should understand one very important think. All of them are symptomatic. The patient must understand that it eliminates the symptom, just like paracetamol or Nurofen knocks down the temperature. But with the cause of the disease, with pathophysiological mechanism of the development of the disease, which led to bad breath, these funds can not fight. Therefore, in the patient after their use may improve for some time exhaled air quality but then the situation will again become unfavorable. Therefore, all drugs listed below should be regarded only as a means of first aid, until the moment when a person goes to the doctor and begins to be seriously examined.
The best remedies for bad breath
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|2||Hydrogen peroxide||7 rub|
Antiseptic drugs are designed to make oral cavity unsuitable pathogenic propagation medium microorganisms, including those giving rise to an unpleasant odor. Of course in if the source of the smell is the gastrointestinal path, or lungs, then antiseptics will not help, but still the most often the source of the bad smell will be the oral cavity, and antiseptics are really able to get rid of unpleasant smell.
Popularity Rating: 4.9
Miramistin is a well-known, slightly foaming liquid without colors, taste and smell produced by a domestic company Infamed. The most popular packaging of 150 milliliters will cost, on average, from 280 to 380 rubles.
Miramistin is a quaternary ammonium compound, and helps with an extremely large number of different infections, like for treatment and for prevention. Miramistin is just necessary rinse your mouth because it is not able to be absorbed through the mucous membranes shell. Irrigate or spray Miramistin in the mouth with using a special nozzle – sprayer, which is worn on a bottle, and doses an antiseptic in the amount of 3-4 milliliters per portion. It is enough to rinse your mouth three to four times a day. For an adult, you need to click on three or four times nozzle to get the necessary dose.
Miramistin has not only a pronounced bactericidal effect in relation to a variety of organisms, it also actively acts on various mushrooms that can multiply in the oral cavity, on viruses, as well as sexually transmitted diseases.
Advantages and disadvantages
A great advantage of Miramistin is its excellent tolerance, and also the effect on almost all known pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic bacteria, both aerobic and anaerobic, and on various mushrooms. If Miramistin is swallowed by accident, then nothing is wrong will happen. Perhaps, as a modern antiseptic, Miramistin is not unparalleled. But then again, if the source of fetid breathing is air from the lungs, or it appears as an eructation from esophagus, then no, the most effective antiseptic will not be able to eliminate as the oral antiseptic is processed cavity, not lungs, and not the gastrointestinal tract.
Popularity Rating: 4.8
Hydrogen Peroxide (Hydroperit) – It is Cheap and Popular antiseptic, which, meanwhile, is very active and very good valid, despite its cheapness. So, a bottle of 100 milliliters, a concentration of 3% will cost from 6 to 12 rubles. in our rating. This is a very low cost.
Be sure to remember that a concentration of 3% is suitable only for external use, and in order to rinse the oral cavity and throat, it is too strong a solution, and if you rinse undiluted peroxide, then there may be burns, whitening of the mucous membrane and discomfort. In order to properly dilute peroxide hydrogen to rinse your mouth and throat, it is necessary to one part drug add 11 parts of water. As a result, we get a weak solution with a concentration of 0.25%. It is enough to hydrogen peroxide acted with microorganisms, with pus, with necrotic masses, with saliva.
As a result of this exposure, hydrogen peroxide, as unstable compound, decomposes into water and active oxygen. Just oxygen is an active substance as it enters into chemical reaction with organic substances – substrates for reproduction of microbes and mechanically cleanses the mucosa. Rinse your mouth hydrogen peroxide is necessary 2 times a day.
Advantages and disadvantages
A big plus of hydrogen peroxide is its low cost, ubiquitous, as well as the ability to use it for disinfection of various wounds, cuts, bites. Hydrogen peroxide always needed on the farm. So, it can be used even for increase seed germination of certain flower and vegetable crops. Hydrogen peroxide has an antifungal effect, and can be to process the inner surface of the shoe. Will be a minus the need to dilute the medicine with water 11 times before use, as well as the possibility of developing adverse reactions – burning and redness of the oral mucosa. Naturally 3% peroxide solution hydrogen must be hidden from children.
Popularity Rating: 4.7
The second champion in cheapness is a well-known antiseptic Chlorhexidine, which is available in the form of chlorhexidine bigluconate, concentration of 0.05%. These are bottles of 100 and 200 ml. For rinsing, it is most convenient to buy a bottle of 200 ml, which has an average cost of 28 to 165 rubles. Produces it domestic Samara pharmaceutical factory. Attention! IN the sale is simply chlorhexidine, which is diluted in ethyl alcohol, and chlorhexidine bigluconate, which is sold as aqueous solution.
The bacteriostatic effect is already manifested in concentration 0.01% solution and less, and the existing sales concentration of 5 times stronger, and it provides the destruction of microorganisms, then there is a bactericidal effect. Mucous the oral cavity in the form of a rinse is necessary from 2 to 3 times a day, but however, the rinse time required to achieve the effect is not less than 2-3 minutes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Chlorhexidine, unfortunately, cannot defeat the fungi in the oral cavity, if you rinse your mouth for less than 10 minutes. Therefore in if the patient has a fungal infection of the oral cavity, then it is better to use hydrogen peroxide or Miramistin. If a the source of bad breath is viral stomatitis, here you also need to better use Miramistin. Also chlorhexidine can cause allergic reactions, burning in the mouth and redness of the mucosa. Sometimes chlorhexidine leads to the fact that the color of the teeth changes, tartar begins to be deposited, and when its prolonged use there is a violation of taste. But this there really should be a long-term use – within one months and longer. But if you accidentally swallow the solution chlorhexidine, then it is practically not absorbed. During rinse should avoid getting chlorhexidine in eyes, and if this happens, rinse eyes thoroughly water.
Popularity Rating: 4.6
The next antiseptic, which is successfully used for bad breath – this is iodinol. It is nothing but polyvinyl alcohol in which potassium iodide is dissolved. this one good antiseptic and disinfectant. No burning there is no solvent; it is an aqueous solution. Every 100 milliliters the solution contains 0.1 grams of iodine, 0.3 g of potassium and 0.9 grams polyvinyl alcohol. Moreover, iodine in this solution is connected with alcohol, and separately also iodine is part of the potassium salt. it a dark blue liquid with a specific iodine odor.
It is indicated for washing tonsils, for burying in the ears when purulent otitis media, for inhalation with atrophic rhinitis, in the treatment purulent wounds. Including, it is possible to rinse the mucous membrane with Iodinol oral cavity with an unpleasant odor. Rinses – in the amount of 20-30 milliliters per one-time procedure, the rinsing ratio is one or two once a day, but not longer than a week. One 100 ml bottle Iodinola will cost from 12 to 25 rubles.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantage of Iodinol is quite high efficiency in in relation to standard microorganisms, which are most often cause putrefactive infection and halitosis. The disadvantage may be the excess intake of iodine in the body, therefore, Iodinol should never be swallowed. Its undesirable apply in patients with thyroid pathology, including those with hyperthyroidism, with diffuse toxic goiter, with myxedema, or with insufficient thyroid function. But being assigned to moderate dosage, it perfectly copes with its function, and freshens breath in dental patients.
Popularity Rating: 4.5
The next drug from the herbal group a disinfectant is considered chlorophyllipt. It is issued in as a solution for local and external use, and if unpleasant halitosis is best used in the form of tablets for resorption. Chlorophyllipt is an extract of eucalyptus leaves, it is produced by the domestic pharmaceutical company Vifitech, and the cost of one package of 20 tablets is from 80 to 135 rubles.
The spectrum of indications for resorption of chlorophyllipt tablets is much wider than halitosis, or halitosis. This is nasopharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute and chronic bronchitis, periodontal disease and inflammation gums – gingivitis, inflammation of the oral mucosa or various types of stomatitis. Extracted eucalyptus leaf extract has not only bactericidal, antiviral and antifungal effect. It is also capable of producing antiprotozoal and anti-inflammatory effect, that is, struggles with protozoa and reduces swelling, redness, and pain. These are valuable qualities. Chlorophyllipt in general, and eucalyptus leaves in particular, manifest thanks to ceniol essential oil. It is necessary to dissolve one at a time tablet three to four times a day, until the effect is achieved.
Advantages and disadvantages
Chlorophyllipt in tablets is well tolerated, it rarely causes allergies, and almost never causes redness and burning in the oral cavity. However, if the patient has gastritis with increased acidity, it is advisable not to swallow, but spit saliva, because the essential oils that make up the extract, including including cineole, terpenes, pinenes – can cause irritating effect on the gastric mucosa, and lead to heartburn, or intensification pains.
We do not knowingly quote a large number a variety of peppermint sprays and fruit pills that are in abundance can be purchased at the pharmacy retail. Passion and collecting various local beating products bad breath in search of a better one can become an end in itself, and even mania, instead of going to the doctor. Therefore, in this We deliberately limited the list of drugs to the review. necessary and effective.
If you try to cope with bad breath, then in addition to the use of various drugs, also brush your teeth paste with a strong smell of mint, you can absorb various medicinal peppermint candies, but only without sugar. You can chew coffee beans, a good effect brings a long mouth rinse for 5-7 minutes with vegetable oil, which sometimes can absorb different smells are much better than any aqueous solutions. Quite acceptable for the treatment of halitosis periodically chew any spices. It could be a clove, a dried leaf of purple basil, fennel, a small piece of nutmeg or very a small piece of vanilla pod.
Popularity rating based on analysis of service demand data wordstat.yandex.ru.
Attention! This rating is subjective, not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.