Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Japanese company Sony – one of the world’s largest multimedia manufacturers equipment. She is especially known for her cameras. Sensors for the authorship of this manufacturer is installed both in smartphones and in cameras, and almost all other devices that only able to take photos and videos. Therefore no wonder that Sony cameras themselves are of the highest quality and functionality.
For lovers of quality camera work – even if a walk in the forest or a celebration in the circle of the closest people – we made a rating of the 5 best camcorders Sony, which differ in practicality and functionality.
Rating of the best camcorders Sony
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best camcorders Sony||1||Sony FDR-AX700||88 870 rub.|
|2||Sony FDR-AX100E||75 900 rub.|
|3||Sony FDR AX-33|
|4||Sony HDR-CX625||23 400 rub.|
|5||Sony HDR-CX405||14 390 rub.|
Why is it: Support for video shooting in 4K, powerful zoom.
The company itself calls this model not just a camera, but camcorder, bringing it to the next level – level professional shooting. And this is not surprising. Compact and lightweight device that weighs just less kilograms, capable of recording in 4K resolution 30 fps (or Full HD 120 fps), supports 12x optical and 198x digital zoom, and also supports manual setting of shooting parameters.
The “heart” of the camcorder is a 14.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with 1 ”physical size. It is complemented by a fixed lens with focal length from 9.3 to 111.6 mm (which is due just optical zoom) and aperture f / 2.8 – f / 4.5. Supported by installation of filters with a diameter of 62 mm. This is complemented by all mechanical image stabilizer to eliminate the effect shaking when shooting handheld.
The camcorder also comes with a 3.5-inch 1.5-MP touchscreen LCD screen and advanced viewfinder.
- Low weight of the device, only 935 grams;
- A rich set of supplies, including a lot of useful accessories;
- Support for video shooting in 4K UHD resolution.
- Low frame rate when shooting at maximum resolution;
- No media included (no memory cards, no internal drive of the device itself);
- H.265 codec is not supported, which reduces the “weight” of the video in high resolution.
Why is she: Support for ultra-high definition video recording, low weight.
The FDR-AX100E is very similar to the FDR-AX700. However she equipped with a less efficient processing processor images. And the rest is the technical characteristics of this model similar to the leader rating parameters.
In particular, the FRD-AX100E is equipped with a 12.4-megapixel 1 ”physical CMOS sensor. It is complemented by a lens, which supports 12x optical zoom and 160x digital. The aperture is f / 2.8 – f / 4.5. Can manually set exposure and focus, but worth using automatic focus modes – there are five of them, and they are good work even while zooming. Mechanical stabilizer Images are also available.
An LCD touch screen for easy use is also available. There is also a viewfinder.
The camcorder can shoot in 4K, and providing maximum image sharpness. Although the frame rate in this mode is only 25 About fps.
- “Honest 4K” with increased clarity of objects in the frame;
- Possibility of detailed manual adjustment of all parameters filming;
- There is a night mode and infrared illumination.
- Slow autofocus
- Proprietary shoe format for connecting external devices, adapters will be required;
- Proprietary format connectors for connecting devices remote control, standard LANC will not work.
Sony FDR AX-33
Why she: Ultra-compact camcorder with support for shooting in ultra high resolution.
Despite the fact that the camcorder FDR AX-33 by the manufacturer belongs to the number of “amateur” devices, professional operators will also appreciate it. High performance processor image processing installed in the device allows receive an honest 4K video stream. And while the device weighs just 600 grams!
At the heart of the device is an 8.29-megapixel CMOS sensor with physical dimensions 1 / 2.3 ”. It is supplemented by a fixed lens with focal length 3.8-38 mm (10x supported optical zoom) and f / 1.8 – f / 3.4 aperture. There is also a digital 120x zoom. Manual focus setting and exposure, but there are also automatic modes of operation.
The camcorder is also equipped with a mechanical stabilizer image, which is complemented by electronic, and 3-inch LCD touch screen for convenience (electronic viewfinder also there is).
- Light weight, only 600 grams, hands do not get tired with long use;
- High-quality dual system (optical plus electronic) stabilization;
- High resolution at Full HD 50 fps.
- The appearance of strong noise when zooming, this function is better do not use;
- Not the best “picture” in the dark;
- 4K added for show – speed is too slow to Use this feature regularly.
Why is she: Small mass and large zoom.
The main advantage of this camcorder is its large optical zoom. It is higher than the previous models in the ranking, and is 30x. In addition, digital zoom is supported up to 350x!
But in general, the HDR-CX625 is a pretty good mid-range camera. It is equipped with a 2.29-megapixel CMOS sensor with physical sizes 1 / 5.8 ”, which is complemented by a fixed lens with focal length 1.9-57 mm and aperture f / 1.8-f / 4. Manual adjustment of focus and exposure is supported, but for those who do not want to “bother”, the camera offers several various automatic operating modes. Maximum resolution The video stream is Full HD 60 fps.
The device is also equipped with an optical stabilizer. images, 3-inch LCD touch screen and digital viewfinder. There are intelligent modes of operation, including face focus and time lapse.
- Huge zoom – 30x optical and 350x digital;
- Good stabilization work, even when zooming;
- Tiny dimensions and weight of only 300 grams.
- Overheating when used in hot weather;
- Poor picture quality in low light, no backlight (neither ordinary nor infrared);
- Poor quality LCD matrix.
Why is she: A budget video camera with excellent zoom.
Despite the fact that this camcorder is cheaper than the rest models in the ranking, she boasts excellent zoom capabilities. Mounted lens and processor image processing give respectively 30x optical and 350x digital zoom. It is worth noting that the system Stabilization works when zooming.
Like the previous model on the list, the Sony HDR-CX405 is based on 2.29-megapixel 1 / 5.8-inch CMOS sensor. It is supplemented non-removable lens with a focal length of 1.9-57 mm and aperture f / 1.8-f / 4. Manual focus and exposure settings are supported. The camcorder is capable of shooting at resolutions up to Full HD 50 fps. there is many intelligent operating modes and presets parameters.
The camera is very light – only 215 grams. Equipped with non-touch 2.7 inch LCD screen and digital viewfinder. There is a mode focusing on the face.
- Long battery life – up to 2 hours continuous use;
- Excellent stabilizer performance (both mechanical and digital);
- Good automation performance (autofocus, white balance and others parameters).
- Poor for shooting in low lighting;
- Inconvenient .MTS format when shooting in Full HD 50 fps;
- Extremely inconvenient settings menu.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.