Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Headphones are the best way to get rid of reality and immerse yourself in the enchanting world of music. And does not matter, dance is a track or a classical symphony – the sound should to be of high quality. And good earphones are the best assistant to get real pleasure from music.
- Rating of the best headphones
- What to look for when choosing headphones
- Headphones which company to choose
- The best low-cost on-ear headphones with good sound
- Sony MDR-ZX660AP
- Koss porta pro
- Audio-Technica ATH-M30x
- The best on-ear headphones with good sound at an average price categories
- Marshall Mid Bluetooth
- Harman / kardon soho
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear
- Rating of the best premium over-ear headphones with good sound
- Sennheiser HD 800
- AKG K 712 Pro
- The best low-cost in-ear headphones with good sound
- Sennheiser IE 4
- Sony MDR-XB50AP
- Sony MDR-NC31EM
- The best mid-range in-ear headphones
- Sennheiser IE 60
- Marshall mode
- Bose in-ear
- Top Premium In-Ear Headphones
- Westone UM PRO30
- Astell&Kern Roxanne II
- Audio-Technica ATH-IM03
- Best full-size headphones
- Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
- Bose QuietComfort 35
- What kind of headphones to buy?
Rating of the best headphones
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best inexpensive on-ear headphones with good sound||1||Sony MDR-ZX660AP||2560 rub.|
|2||Koss porta pro||3400 RUB.|
|3||Audio-Technica ATH-M30x||4990 RUB|
|The best on-ear headphones with good sound at an average price categories||1||Marshall Mid Bluetooth||10990 RUB|
|2||Harman / kardon soho||8900 RUB.|
|3||Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear||7500 RUB.|
|Best premium on-ear headphones with good sound||1||Sennheiser HD 800||60200 RUB.|
|2||AKG K 712 Pro||23300 RUB.|
|The best low-cost in-ear headphones with good sound||1||Sennheiser IE 4||2800 RUB.|
|2||Sony MDR-XB50AP||2950 RUB.|
|3||Sony MDR-NC31EM||2100 RUB.|
|The best mid-range in-ear headphones||1||Sennheiser IE 60||6500 RUB.|
|2||Marshall mode||3200 RUB.|
|3||Bose in-ear||6600 RUB.|
|Top Premium In-Ear Headphones||1||Westone UM PRO30||RUB 28800|
|2||Astell&Kern Roxanne II||116790 RUB.|
|3||Audio-Technica ATH-IM03||23400 RUB.|
|Best full-size headphones||1||Sennheiser HD 280 Pro||6100 RUB.|
|2||Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro||11500 RUB.|
|3||Bose QuietComfort 35||21800 RUB.|
What to look for when choosing headphones
The main criteria when choosing headphones:
- Impedance or resistance. If you plan to listen music on special equipment (home media system with amplifier, for example), then models with the value of this parameter over 60-100 ohms. For use with smartphones or portable players it is better to use headphones with an impedance of up to 60 Ohm;
- Material and type of speakers. Ferrite magnets create uniform and rich sound throughout the frequency spectrum; neodymium differs in intense bass and periodically “failing” midtones. Microarmature headphones reproduce every sound, but for a dense acoustic picture will have to “play with the equalizer”;
- The diameter of the speaker. The wider the speaker – the more noticeable on the “physical” level of bass;
- Cable and plug material. Acid-free copper is recommended. which, thanks to its low impedance, creates a rich sound even on “weak” devices. Plugs, respectively, are better gold-plated – this material is corrosion resistant and therefore contact plate resistance does not increase with time use of headphones;
- Frequency range. This parameter indicates the width of the spectrum. reproducible frequencies. On average, an adult is capable of hear sounds with a frequency of 15 to 15000 Hz. But this is the minimum range. For lovers of bass, models with a lower limit are recommended. reproduced frequencies of 5-10 Hz, to fans of vocals and classical music – with an upper limit of 20,000 Hz;
- Sensitivity. This parameter indicates the maximum volume. headphones. Acquire models with a sensitivity of more than 120 dB not recommended – they may damage your hearing. But also the minimum limit sensitivity – 100 dB.
- The type (form factor) of the headphones is also important.
Headphones which company to choose
Many manufacturers implement in their headphones a specific sound picture. Therefore, it’s worth choosing a vendor based on own preferences in music.
- For example, Sony is known for its characteristic bass. Even the headphones without a separate sound chip reproduce low frequencies tightly and tangibly. And this in most cases is not “treated” by the settings equalizer.
- Sennheiser also periodically overdo it with bass, but usually they have a balanced acoustic picture. Such headphones fans will like to experiment with sound settings through the equalizer.
- Koss releases headphones with high-quality and expressive sound out of the box. No frequencies prevail over others the acoustic picture is integral. Again, customize the sound it is possible through the equalizer, but here it will not be so noticeable effect, like the models from Sennheiser. Similar acoustic qualities boast models from Audio-Technica and AKG.
- For lovers of rock and other heavy non-electronic music, you can recommend models from Marshall, Bose and Harman / Kardon. They different “velvet” bass, which, although felt, but with this is not “hammering”.
The best low-cost on-ear headphones with good sound
Nice-sounding headphones that are best suited for use with mobile devices. There is a built-in microphone with a switch on the wire, flat not tangled cable, soft ear pads and a metal headband.
The sound picture is typical for Sony models: tangible bass, deep and saturated. In some musical genres they can seem even overly strong.
Among the shortcomings can be distinguished except that the small diameter of the ear pads, due to which some people may be uncomfortable with prolonged wearing of headphones.
- Deep bass;
- Built-in microphone
- Robust construction;
- Small diameter ear pads.
Koss porta pro
One of the most famous over-ear headphones. Are different excellent acoustic characteristics create active and tangible scene. The bass is saturated and clearly distinguishable, but not “hollowing.” Lying on your head is very comfortable.
They have an open design, which is why they let in sounds from the outside. IN in noisy places listening to music becomes difficult. Headband and structural elements are metallic, may begin to creak – easily “treated” by lubrication with silicone.
- Robust construction;
- A tangible created scene.
- High sound permeability, lack of noise reduction.
Full-size model with a closed configuration. Thereby passive noise reduction is provided, music can be heard even in the subway or similar places. The sound stage is balanced which is characteristic of this manufacturer. Even the bass is palpable, but not overlapping other frequencies.
Actually, the balance of the soundstage may not Some users will like it, especially when moving from Headphones with pronounced bass (e.g. Sony). Lack of overdriving at low frequencies leads to the fact that a number of genres of music – such as trailer music – lose wealth and richness sounding. This should be considered when choosing headphones. They are good suitable for genres lacking pronounced percussion or bass lines.
- Closed configuration, suitable for listening to music in noisy places;
- The balance of the soundstage.
- Perhaps an excessive balance of sound price.
The best on-ear headphones with good sound at an average price categories
Marshall Mid Bluetooth
Qualcomm Wireless Proprietary Codec Support aptX. This improves sound quality by expanding the bit rate. transmitted audio on compatible devices. Acoustic scene Marshall is characteristic – pleasant mid and high frequencies, comfortable not “hollowing” bass. Perhaps the perfect headphones for rock lovers in all varieties.
In addition, an equalizer with the ability to switching presets. There is also a microphone. Materials high-quality and durable.
The disadvantage is a tight head coverage. However, with over time, the headband takes the shape of a skull and landing becomes more comfortable.
- Built-in equalizer presets;
- High-quality, durable materials;
- Support for aptX codec;
- They sit tightly on the head, they can cause fatigue when prolonged wearing.
Harman / kardon soho
Compact wireless headphones. It is worth considering that because small they have a relatively small sensitivity of 100 dB. Therefore, they are not suitable for listening to music in very noisy places.
But they differ in a very balanced sound stage. At that while mids and highs sound natural low keep “velvet”. This makes them suitable for almost any genre of music. The scene is wide and deep, but distorted in that or the other side does not appear. Suitable for listening as saturated tracks, and low-track.
In addition, they look very beautiful and non-standard – which, in in principle, characteristic of the Harman / Kardon technique.
- Unique design
- Wide and deep scene;
- Excellent sound balance;
- Relatively high price for features and capabilities headphones.
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear
Closed-type wired headphones (passive noise canceling) with a very low impedance of 18 ohms. This makes them compatible with almost all mobile devices.
The sound is uncharacteristic for Sennheiser models as it differs assertiveness. Almost all frequencies are raised, but the upper not pulled up, thanks to which comfort is maintained regardless genre. The emphasis, however, is slightly placed on the lower frequencies. The scene is deep and wide, but, for example, is not as tangible as on Koss Porta Pro – precisely due to the assertiveness of sound.
In addition, the model is distinguished by an excellent complete set with two cables and a hard transport case.
- Assertive, rich sound;
- Cable with microphone included;
- Excellent equipment;
- Tangible scene;
- Low resistance.
- Not too reliable design.
Rating of the best premium over-ear headphones with good sound
Sennheiser HD 800
Flagship studio headphones with a very detailed scene. Distinguished by excellent sound detail, lack of imbalance in the direction of any of the frequencies, unsaturated, but tangible bass. Perfect for both acoustic music and track information. The scene is a bit distant, however it is only advantage – the sound feels more transparent.
At the same time, they are light, comfortable and sit perfectly on the head.
However, they have an impedance of 300 ohms, resulting in completely not suitable for listening with mobile devices or media centers without an amplifier.
- Highest sound detail;
- Excellent sound balance.
- High resistance.
AKG K 712 Pro
Highly detailed studio headphones with a clean sound. There is no distortion in frequency response even towards the bass. Therefore they suitable for listening to acoustic music, audio processing, information, etc. They need warming up, only after that the bass become deep enough, but the clarity of the remaining frequencies saved. Good sound quality is achieved without use of studio equipment – however, the amplifier is still not prevent.
They have a light construction, do not put pressure on the head.
- High detail sound;
- Low resistance;
- The lack of distortion in frequency response;
- Need a long warm-up.
The best low-cost in-ear headphones with good sound
Sennheiser IE 4
In-ear headphones with good passive sound insulation and sound characteristic of the manufacturer. Strong and reliable cable, but not flat, which is why it gets tangled in your pocket. The sound is clear, with a slight bias towards the bass.
The sound in these headphones is one of the best in the budget price categories. Clean, detailed. Bass Down sufficient for percussion or low frequency line to be palpable, but it does not overlap the medium and high.
- Signature sound Sennheiser;
- Good soundproofing;
- Quality construction;
- Tangled wire.
In-ear headphones with enhanced bass (Extra Bass series, Sony branded sound). However, they do not overlap too much middle and high frequencies, from which the overall “picture” is obtained balanced. Detailed sound, everyone can hear tool.
Also, the model is equipped with a built-in microphone, so they work and like a headset; reliable flat non-tangling wire; L-shaped non-rubbing connector.
Perhaps the best headphones for music lovers with strong bass.
- High detail sound;
- Built-in microphone
- Quality materials;
- Amplified bass.
Excellent noise canceling and in-ear headphones sound picture. However, which is typical for Sony, there is still a slight bias in the lower frequencies. Noise reduction in these headphones are active, but an audio processor is used smartphone to which they are connected.
They are quite large for in-ear headphones dimensions and also feature a 5-pin plug.
- Pure sound picture;
- Active noise reduction.
- Active noise canceling only works with some Xperia smartphones
- 5 pin plug.
The best mid-range in-ear headphones
Sennheiser IE 60
In-ear headphones with rich bass and midrange frequencies. The sound is provided dense, intense. High clean, but not very driving. However, these headphones are excellent Suitable for listening to almost any genre of music.
This model has an interesting form of attachment. It is assumed that cables from the speakers are thrown over the auricle. it provides a tight fit – headphones do not fall out even when intense physical activity.
But the cable freezes in the cold, so use them on the street at low temperatures it will be a little uncomfortable.
- Assertive, rich sound with a bias in the middle and lower frequency
- Tight fit.
- Cold freezing cable.
Aperture intra-ear headphones with rich lower sound and mid frequencies common to all Marshall devices. Picture clean. They will be perfect headphones for rock lovers. However, this is characteristic of all portable audio equipment from the company Marshall.
The disadvantage is a weak cable. Model require neat treatment.
- Aperture design;
- Brand Sound Marshall.
- Insecure cable.
In-ear headphones open. It provides high wearing comfort, including long-term wear use. At the same time, the headphones are wide, clear sound stage – you can hear every instrument, swings to that or another part of the frequency spectrum is not observed. The bass is palpable, but not overloaded and not “hollowing”.
A convenient leather storage case comes with the headphones. and transportation.
- Detailed sound;
- Wide sound stage.
- Open type (provides comfortable wearing);
- At high volume you can hear music.
Top Premium In-Ear Headphones
Westone UM PRO30
Micro-reinforced three-driver in-ear headphones with detachable cable, high sensitivity and balanced to the “plane” sound stage. This, on the one hand, allows hear every instrument; and on the other, it does not create assertiveness, which is appreciated by some users.
The models have a behind-the-ear fit, which provides reliable fixation. The cable, unlike the Sennheiser IE 60, does not freezes, so they are comfortable in any weather. An added bonus is the manual assembly of the headphones and custom design.
- Attractive, custom design;
- High detail sound;
- Micro-armature configuration;
- Flat sound.
Astell&Kern Roxanne II
Micro-reinforced 12-driver in-ear headphones. Differ in an excellent sound stage due to use multiple drives for each frequency spectrum. Rich equipment, quality materials. Bass intensity can adjust separately.
It is recommended that you use these headphones only with high-quality mobile players (for example, from the same компании Astell&Kern).
- Micro-armature configuration (4 drivers for each range);
- Rich equipment;
- Bass intensity adjustment;
- Few are suitable for use with ordinary players.
Micro-reinforced three-driver in-ear headphones with behind the ear. They are dynamic, active, natural and live sound environment; good, albeit passive soundproofing; a deep scene that is felt outside the speakers. Another advantage – tight fit in the ears.
Perhaps the best micro-armature (anchor) model in its price range.
- Tangible scene;
- Highest sound quality
- Good soundproofing;
- Small equipment.
Best full-size headphones
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Full-size, mid-impedance closed-back headphones. Differ in a uniform sound picture – all frequency spectra balanced, the bass is palpable, but not twisted. Suitable for listening, and for writing music. The design is such that provides dense sound insulation without active noise reduction.
The sound is highly detailed. You can hear every instrument. Medium impedance provides high-quality reproduction even on portable devices – but, of course, for “disclosure” is desirable use professional acoustic equipment.
- High detail sound;
- Excellent passive sound insulation;
- Good balance of frequencies;
- Poor for use with smartphones and the like. mobile devices.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Full-size closed headphones. Exist in two iterations – with an impedance of 80 ohms (for listening on any equipment, including handheld devices) and 250 ohms (for professional amplifiers). Differ in deep, saturated, “velvet” – but at This is not overloaded bass.
The main advantage of the model is the formation of a tangible acoustic the scene. They differ in truly surround sound.
It is advisable to “warm up” the headphones before use.
- Different configurations for different use cases;
- Surround sound;
- Nice bass;
- Continuous warming up is required.
Bose QuietComfort 35
Active closed-ear wireless monitor headphones noise reduction. Sound balanced with a slight slope in high frequencies. The scene is also quite “flat”, the bass is palpable, but not interrupting the rest of the spectrum. Built-in there is no equalizer, it is advisable to use the one that is set to a smartphone.
The main advantage of headphones is the highest comfort. No ears no head gets tired even after very long wearing. High-quality materials, battery life – more than 20 hours.
Can be used as a headset.
- Balanced sound;
- Long battery life;
- Active noise reduction
- High comfort;
- Flat stage;
- Lack of built-in equalizer.
What kind of headphones to buy?
The choice of headphones depends on three factors:
- Equipment with which it is planned to use them;
- Type of use (at home, on the street);
- Favorite music genre.
So, when using high-quality audio equipment – a separate amplifier or at least a sound card with increased discretization – it is advisable to purchase premium headphones. Only then will the music “open” properly.
For use at home, monitor or patch models are suitable. On the street, intra-channel will be more convenient. However, it depends personal preferences.
Well, since each manufacturer makes the sounds “branded”, It’s important to identify your favorite music genre. For bass – Sony or Sennheiser, for rock and other destinations with prevailing averages frequencies – AKG, Audio-Technica, Marshall. For acoustics – good Sennheiser, Beuerdynamic or even micro-reinforcing.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.