Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Brake pads are an important element of the chassis. parts that allow you to slow down the car by adjusting the pressure against the brake drum or disc; and creating additional resistance on the shaft. From the right not only operating parameters depend on the choice of this consumable braking, but also the safety of the driver himself.
Constant demand for brake pads provoked exorbitant growth in the number of manufacturing companies producing a product for all price segments (from budget to premium). Decide on the choice of one single and good model here becomes virtually impossible, and consumers have to determine the quality of consumables in an experimental way. To minimize risk acquisition of low-quality goods, the magazine team selected for You are the 15 best manufacturers of brake pads, products which are recommended by a wide range of experts and experienced car owners.
- How to choose brake pads
- Rating of the best brake pad manufacturers
- Top brake pad manufacturers for aggressive drive
- Otto zimmermann
- The best brake pad manufacturers by ratio “price quality”
- Jurid / bendix
- Hella pagid
- Allied nippon
- The best low-cost brake pad manufacturers
How to choose brake pads
The specifics of choosing quality brake pads is identifying six key parameters that will help find high-quality, original product and identify it among low-grade fakes:
- Preferred driving zones. Very important at first stage clearly understand where and under what conditions will operate your car: in mountainous, hilly or flat terrain, in warm or mostly cold climates, when high humidity or aridity. It’s also important to understand own requirements for quality and comfort of use, for what you need to consider the specifics of your own style of reference cars (measured or aggressive driving), and also whether you agree put up with small creaks of pads during operation.
- Type of pads. When the first stage no longer causes personal questions, you should proceed to the selection of the type of brake pads. All They are divided into four separate groups:
- Semi-metal (composite) – pads, composition which includes up to 65% of metal powder (iron or copper) mixed with graphite, inorganic materials and friction modifiers as a binder component. They are distinguished high degree of durability, but at the same time increased wear, noise and instability in work at low temperatures. They optimal for everyday tasks, but at high loads (riding in the mountains or towing a trailer) will ineffective.
- Organic (nonasbestos) – brake pads, created on the basis of rubber, glass, carbon or Kevlar fibers. As a binder in them high temperature resistant resin is used significant thermal differences. These pads are big softness when braking, less noise, but at the same time give a lot of dust and wear out quickly. It is advisable to use them as a “light” replacements for semi-metallic models.
- Metal – very rough and at the same time expensive high performance brake pads for braking in difficult conditions. Have a serious negative impact on the metal of the brake drum or discs, producing their resource together with theirs. However, they will be indispensable where heavy towing is required or the climate is not allows you to use other types of pads.
- Ceramic – even more expensive, but the most wear-resistant pads at the current time. They are designed specifically for braking mechanisms operating in abnormally high conditions temperatures, and came to the market straight from motorsport.
- Cost. Unlike a number of other spare parts, in brake pad segment, this parameter depends on the category delivery. The first category belongs to products going straight to automakers’ conveyors (so-called O.E.). The second is that who exports products to the retail market (aftermarket). The third, and the cheapest, are developed according to the standards of countries where they are planned to be delivered. Identify such pads as simple as simple – just look at the specification and see what standards the company relied on when developing them.
- The indicator of the working temperature. Important criterion information about which in an accessible form is set out in the accompanying product instructions. Generally for city or highway driving (highways) pads fit, the working temperature of which will be lie in the range of 250-350 ° C. But for normal use sports cars should choose brake pads capable of withstand from 800 ° C.
- If you are an ordinary sedan or family driver hatchback, you should not spend money and purchase pads for sports cars. Yes, the wear resistance of such models is much higher standard but performance sharpened by complex operating conditions are unlikely to fully manifest.
- Coefficient of friction. Criterion that strongly affects dynamics of braking, and depending on the quality of the manufacture of pads. So, for pads of standard production, the coefficient of friction can be equal to 0.3-0.5; for high-quality (O.E.) – 0.35-0.5; for aftermarket segment – 0.25-0.35. In general, the higher the number, the better, however, in case of overheating, the block with a large coefficient friction will restore performance much longer.
- No mechanical damage to the pads, appearance and packaging equipment. The purchased product must not have obvious technical flaws such as chips, cracks, bruises and bent metal parts, as well as defects in friction overlays. The same goes for the packaging box, neatness which should reflect the very essence of acquiring quality goods. In addition, it must be mandatory the mark of compliance with ECE R90 standards is indicated, and inside, in addition to the pads, related documentation (instruction, invoice, etc.).
Rating of the best brake pad manufacturers
|Top brake pad manufacturers for aggressive drive||1||Ate||4.9|
|The best brake pad manufacturers by ratio “price quality”||1||TRW||4.9|
|3||Jurid / bendix||4.8|
|The best low-cost brake pad manufacturers||1||STS||4.7|
Top brake pad manufacturers for aggressive drive
The first place in the ranking goes to the old German company ATE, whose history began back in 1958. However, during this time the concept of the release of brake equipment has not changed much: with the inherent craving for creating everything perfect Germans continue to develop (the company is constantly under development) own technical and technological capabilities. It turns out good: at least in Russia their pads fell to consumers in soul.
As a characteristic difference from other companies in ATE advances commitment to alloy carbide alloys titanium, chromium, nickel and cobalt. In some cases, this could result in very fast brake disc wear, however German engineers have foreseen this nuance, having optimally worked a couple friction to reduce the intensity of abrasive wear. But perhaps the most important representative of the company is still there remains a line of ceramic pads issued specifically for Installations on sports cars and premium cars.
- compliance with the canons of quality production;
- methodical introduction of new technologies into processes manufacturing;
- supply of pads and brake discs of automobile brands budget and premium segments;
- excellent performance.
- not detected.
The only representative of Italy in the ranking, specializing on the development of brake pads and discs for elite sports competitions and industrial sports cars. Is the title Ferrari production line consumables supplier.
It is authentically known that at the time of this writing, the catalog pads from Brembo contained more than 1.5 thousand models that passed homologation according to ECE R90 – the world’s leading quality standard. In the manner of aggressive driving in this collection practically fits half of the development, but in more detail we will focus on a fresh concept Brembo Xtra. The fact is that these pads were made specially for lovers of sports riding while maintaining comfort and security. The basis of the friction linings lay composite BRM X L01 material containing 30 components, carefully tested for compatibility in work. The result of this combining has become minimal dust emission, high coefficient friction, and with it resistance to wear and tear (such pads calmly enough for 150 thousand kilometers).
- emphasis on the development of brake equipment parts for sports segment and the accompanying aggressive driving;
- more than 1500 pads homologated according to ECE R 90;
- good competitive advantage through tremendous experience and introducing bold concepts into production;
- very high quality standards.
- not found.
One of two representatives of Germany in the category, which brake pads are prepared for serious tests on difficult landscapes and high working speeds. Otto Zimmermann – premium manufacturer of brake equipment, working on supplies for conveyors (e.g. Volkswagen Group), and retail market in more than 60 countries.
Since speech in this category affects precisely aggressive driving conditions, we will single out the two most suitable groups developed pads:
- for Zimmermann Sport wheels – wear-resistant semi-metal and metal models with low dust generation and conservation coefficient of friction (0.4-0.5) during overheating.
- for bimetallic lightweight wheels Zimmermann Fusion / Formula – soft in its action, but very tenacious pads on based on ceramics or metal.
The development of new concepts from OZ is in full swing – geometrical parameters of frictions, segmentation are improved, as well as the liner formula, which goes towards durable composites. the only problem of the whole assortment of the German company is high price. However, this is not a pity for quality and safety.
- sharpened production for the creation of wear-resistant pairs disk / pad;
- several series oriented under an aggressive driving style and difficult conditions;
- global approach to quality assurance (control at all stages of preparation);
- hard work on the modernization of the lineup;
- very long life of consumables.
- high price.
A very popular British company in Russia, which established mutually beneficial cooperation with leading development companies brake equipment. He is an active initiator of research. in the area of wear resistance of pads, resulting in approximately 8 years ago was the creation of a unique structure friction material. Being implemented in subsequent experimental models, he showed exceptionally good results, allowing to increase the service life of basic configuration products by 50%.
Oddly enough, but pads from Ferodo are regarded by consumers as an inexpensive product, even though the company belongs to the premium segment. In conjunction with excellent braking performance price is the main driver power to purchase, and very often British consumables replace (seems to be optimal) factory.
- ensuring operational quality control with mandatory stress tests of each finished batch;
- unique and upgradeable friction composition allowing extend the life of the elements by 50%;
- multi-level boxing protection, which allows you to easily determine counterfeit;
- acceptable prices.
- not found.
The best brake pad manufacturers by ratio “price quality”
US-based TRW Corporation Russia and Europe under the Lucas brand. Its feature, as well as the most important advantage is the commitment to classic production methods with phased quality control that naturally reflected on brake pads and their workers characteristics.
In the TRW research departments, engineers are engaged in spot by working out the weakest performance indicators, regardless of what affects them: configuration or geometry of frictional plates, the composition of the working mixture or any flaws in the metal. By According to consumers, all the most running pads from the American companies (and the original factory) show surprisingly smooth result in terms of wear and tear in use. Their work resource limited by segmentation, and reaches a maximum of 80-100 thousand kilometers without a drop in efficiency. And here is the main nuance lies in the fact that the quality indicators pads strongly depend on the country of manufacture, since the corporation’s plants scattered around the world. This explains the negative reviews. and unceasing discussions, which, however, does not cancel the fact coolness TRW.
- excellent performance of the original pads;
- cooperation of the company with the grandees of the automotive industry, including including with sports;
- reasonable prices for the assortment of goods;
- introduction of DTec technology, which significantly reduces dust formation;
- active “spot” study of new models of pads.
- The quality of consumables depends on the country of production.
Premium brand with high product prices, the main thing whose merit is excellent performance beyond depending on the brake pad model. User choice absolutely any configuration of the working part and the composition of the friction lining: organic, composite, solid metal or ceramic, and intermediate “enhanced” formulas.
All this splendor, although it is notable for its high cost, however put once and for an extremely long time. Especially thrifty car owners say one pair of pads from Akebono (composite) may be enough for 50 thousand kilometers … and ceramic pass and all 200, however, for this it is necessary try hard. Perhaps the last and most important plus Japanese pads is a constant increase in technology, used for their manufacture. More information you you can always find on the official website, we only conclude: Akebono definitely deserves such a high place in the ranking.
- a huge range of pads for more than 50 brands of cars;
- good supply of working resource (up to 200 thousand kilometers at lean use);
- generally low dust and good thermal product sustainability;
- high price, leveled by quality.
- not found.
Jurid / bendix
Honeywell Inc. affiliates for the release of other brake equipment. It is noteworthy that in In this union, Jurid is responsible for premium shoe designs. and the budget segment, albeit produced under the first brand, but manufactured at Bendix plants. This little nuance can significantly spoil the mood of inexperienced and non-observant to consumers, since all the difference is expressed in the last letters product designations.
In principle, in their class, the pads are quite even and stable characteristics, without any obscure and sharp lower braking parameters. Premiums honestly work on 60-100 thousand kilometers long, and cheap from Bendix (at subject to careful and unhurried driving) 10-30 can live thousand Given the cost of the acquisition, it’s not so bad an option to buy, which is often resorted to by ordinary users.
- even quality in all segments;
- in stock models for various driving conditions – from organics to ceramics;
- attractive price;
- high indicators of wear resistance and reliability of various models.
- both companies produce pads under the auspices of Jurid – difference premium and budget series consists only in the last letters marking.
A major manufacturer from South Korea, the most popular in the assortment of which use the rear disc pads. Is an premium manufacturer and is in good standing as consumer segment and large automotive concerns.
Sangshin loves to experiment with his own products and often improves it by adding (for example) additional dust extraction grooves, or fine-tuning the composition of the friction lining. The latest update to the series is Kevlar amplification technology for metal and organic basics, which allowed at times to improve the wear resistance of pads and extend their service life to 100 thousand kilometers (for example, Sangsin Brake HP1399). In addition, the assortment of Koreans can be found premium products made of ceramic, suitable for harsh operating modes. Consumers enjoy high quality assortment, and also quite happy with the price – in terms of The quality benefit is colossal.
- very popular brand in Russia;
- several product lines (standard, premium, premium Kevlar and etc.);
- high reliability of brake pads (good braking even in a heated state);
- durability and durability of the assortment at high level.
- not found.
Hella Pagid Brake Systems is a nominally German company, who gave products for release to China, takes the consumer mass, rather than incredible indicators of quality and longevity. The assortment of this company is over 23 thousand brake pads for various car brands recreated with Using more than 50 different patented formulas. As it says official site, such a variety in terms of friction composition parts allows you to cover all the features of individual automobile brands, including climatic features of their use.
Together with the composition of Hella Pagid is actively experimenting on the form disk-interacting parts, reducing lapping times for ensuring rated operational indicators as fast as possible deadlines. From an expert point of view, a very important plus is the fact that each batch undergoes rigorous quality control by stress tests, in which the pads are tested in over 1 thousand hours or get a load at 200 thousand miles run. It becomes apparent that the company is committed to providing security, and only for this one already deserves to be included in rating.
- total quality control after the final stage production;
- more than 23 thousand blocks in stock;
- low prices and optimal performance.
- All production is concentrated in China.
Largest Japanese manufacturer of brake pads, actively supplying the world market with spare parts for hundreds of different brands of cars. Despite, overall, excellent passing results functional and various stress tests, brake discs and pads Allied Nippon not widely distributed in the domestic retail market, however, you can order them in almost any catalog.
According to experts, most of the assortment of the Japanese company imprisoned for urban driving, which is characterized by constant acceleration and braking when moving in a stream. Until recently the main disadvantage of their pads was quick wear (50-60 thousand kilometers), as well as intense dusting. Situation succeeded eliminate by applying new friction blocks composite material – ferrocarbon – which allowed to preserve braking performance at the same level, but to a large extent degrees increase mileage on one pair of pads. Up to the current moment the company managed to “travel” on the application of this technology, however, with activation of competitors and offering conceptually new solutions Japanese can have braking problems outside the leadership race.
- a wide range of pads for various brands of cars;
- sharpened to ensure reliable braking when driving on the city and on free tracks;
- the presence of urban and sports line of brake pads;
- use of efficient ferrocarboxylic technology friction material.
- low prevalence in the retail market.
Production company Textar, a member of the TMD group Friction, was founded in 1913, and for more than one century history managed to collaborate with the best automakers of all of the world: from Ferrari to Mercedes-Benz and premium representatives VAG-groups (Lamborghini, Porsche, etc.). Thanks to own German grand research lab is on the way continuous improvement of manufacturing technologies, introducing more and more new concepts to provide a clearer braking.
In particular, the latest Textar developments have focused on reduction of dust emission and noise of work, and included changing the geometry of friction plates, work on the composition and even variations of the iron case. Recycling the latter, by the way, gave the world lightweight EPAD pads designed to increased fuel economy. Yes, the cost of the company’s products is far from budget, but due to the high quality of workmanship and constant improvement is completely leveled, giving consumers a lot positive emotions.
- cooperation with all leading car manufacturers in Germany (Volkswagen, Mercedes, BMW);
- continuous improvement of production technologies;
- excellent performance;
- more than 100 years of work in the segment of brake equipment.
- not found.
Japanese premium manufacturer whose products It has a commensurate ratio of price and quality. Actively collaborates with the British company Ferodo, partially borrowing friction pad technology for versatility pads behavior under various driving conditions. In its turn, the reverse course (from Nisshinbo to the British) are assembly methods brutal sports braking elements operational conditions.
The result of such mutually beneficial cooperation is obvious: consumers highly praise the brake pads Nisshinbo, including after a good warm-up. Reliable friction clutch with the disc is provided after 8-10 braking, which indicates high safety standards. It is noteworthy that lapping pads is slow, and may require up to 4-5 thousand kilometers. But small a drawback in the lineup of the Japanese brand, judging by the reviews of the same consumers is an aesthetic moment. Overwhelming majority products give a lot of dust, which negatively affects cleanliness brake disc – however, safety issues in this case, everything come to the fore, and this is worth reckoning with.
- high and even quality products in the entire assortment;
- mutually beneficial cooperation with Ferodo;
- separate lines of standard and sports pads;
- do not contribute to wear of the brake discs.
- a lot of dust.
The best low-cost brake pad manufacturers
The leader in the category of budget brake pad manufacturers is another Russian company actively cooperating with German masters of production of brake equipment. Situation This brand is very similar to Rosdot , however, it’s of high quality and quantitatively STS easily outperforms its direct competitor.
The situation is reinforced by the fact that EsTiS is trying to bring their products to the level of European standards in order to start delivery processes in the relevant market segment. For current moment the company is actively cooperating with PJSC AvtoVAZ and others representatives of the alliance, not forgetting to throw off part pads and retail. There, by the way, the product arrives for Korean and Japanese auto industry (in addition to Nissan and Mitsubishi), and also a large number of pads suitable for old models German marks. Consumers actively advise purchasing products from STS, talking about the good parameters of durability, wear resistance and attendant to this low price.
- pads are actively pulled up to the level of European standards quality;
- the highest rates of wear resistance and durability among competitors;
- optimal level of value;
- a large number of supported brands and models of cars.
- not identified.
The second line of the rating goes to the company ROSDOT, which produces brake pads for VAZ cars and partners production alliance (Renault and Nissan). Enjoys high popularity among domestic consumers due to low cost, as well as good braking performance even when heated condition.
The high quality product of the Russian company is a merit technologies borrowed from more competent European colleagues in the shop. So, from the Italians ROSDOT got a unique the composition of the friction layer that maintains wear resistance level of semimetal (or even metal) pads, but giving much less noise and dust. In addition, he also allows significantly reduce vibration without destruction, and resist the appearance of resonance at certain speeds and driving modes of the car on the road. Unfortunately, in a number of others aspects of the company did not succeed too much – classic models pads, according to experts, have completely different workers indicators, and can fail, simply could not stand rated operational loads.
- gradual transition to high-tech production;
- borrowing the development of friendly companies, emphasis on improving the quality of a new product;
- exposure to attractive prices in the whole assortment products;
- As a rule, fast pads grinding in.
- extremely unstable quality product classic rulers.
Domestic representative of brake shoe companies, leading activity exclusively in the domestic market. EZATI – one of the few brands that focus on the budget segment the quality of the manufactured goods and following the path of continuous improvement of production technologies. In particular, the asbestos company adopted and strictly complied with the guidelines for restricting the content of this substances in the brake pads, releasing as obvious confirming a number of elements of brake equipment without it participation.
As protection against falsification of blocks EZATI provided two display methods: the first is a unique technology painting of the metal part, and the second in differentiated the factory designation and the presence of a mark of compliance with European standards. In general, motorists express satisfaction with the work of products of this company: in particular, special attention is paid to good work when heated, due to a slight decrease in coefficient friction and allows braking to the rhythm of “fast acceleration / braking. ”
- compliance with product quality upon exit from production lines;
- unique technology for painting the metal part of pads, acting as an indicator of originality and anti-corrosion protection;
- Strict adherence to the Asbestos Prohibition Directive brake pads;
- the best combination of price and quality.
- a large amount of counterfeit in the market.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.