Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Nikon is one of the largest manufacturers of cameras and photographic equipment. IN its assortment has both compact (“soap dishes”), and mirror, and mirrorless devices – and of various classes, from amateur to professional.
- What to look for when choosing a camera
- Types of Nikon Cameras
- Rating of the best Nikon cameras
- Best Nikon Amateur SLR Cameras
- Nikon D5300 Kit
- Nikon D7100 Kit
- Nikon D3300 Kit
- Best Nikon SLR Cameras
- Nikon D750 Body
- Nikon Df Body
- Nikon D4s Body
- Nikon’s best mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
- Nikon 1 J5 Kit
- Best Nikon Compact Cameras
- Nikon Coolpix P3
- Nikon Coolpix 5600
- Nikon’s Best Secure Compact Camera
- Nikon Coolpix W300
- The best Nikon ultrasound
- Nikon Coolpix P900
- Nikon Coolpix B700
- Which Nikon camera to buy
What to look for when choosing a camera
When choosing a camera, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Type of lens – integrated or interchangeable. First option suitable only for beginner photographers, while the second – for professionals;
- Bayonet mount. This is the standard for connecting a lens. Nikon company Usually uses a proprietary F mount, so to her almost any lens with this camera can be attached mount (including both branded Nikkor series, and from third-party manufacturers);
- The presence of a whale (complete) lens. Great simplifies life for beginner photographers and amateurs. For professionals fit body-only, without a lens in the kit, since they allow you to customize the camera and its photographic quality without overpayment;
- Type of camera itself. The compact soap dish is a solution only for Beginners ultrasound – for fans of shooting from a long distance, not ready to splurge on an expensive telephoto lens; mirrorless or SLR camera – for professionals and “enthusiasts”;
- Special features. It could be serial speed shooting, optical quality of a whale lens, sensor resolution or type of autofocus – depending on needs the buyer.
- If you plan to use the camera in a private studio (or “build a studio around the camera”), it is also recommended to draw attention to input and output interfaces for connecting peripheral equipment such as microphones, flashes or remote control remote release.
Types of Nikon Cameras
The following types of Nikon cameras are distinguished:
- Compact, also popularly called “soap dishes”. The most A simple solution for everyday shooting. They are usually equipped fixed telescopic lenses, are small in size and average technical specifications. But even that’s enough for simple use: of course, studio quality photographs You won’t be able to get it, but take a few pictures for memory will succeed;
- Ultramind. These are special cameras for photographing. objects from a very long distance. Equipped with integrated a huge zoom lens: for example, the Nikon Coolpix P900 83x optical and 166x electronic. Such cameras use a special zoom mechanism, which and provides such a strong “approximation”. And yes, with their help you can create a dolly zoom effect, although this will require training
- DSLR cameras. One of the most common types of professional photographic equipment. They are quite complicated construction, but equipped with an optical pentasprismatic viewfinder. It is thanks to him that the photographer can observe real-time scene with really zero delayed. However, when shooting the image in the viewfinder disappears to expose the frame;
- Mirrorless cameras. Used by both amateurs and by professionals. Differ from mirror simplicity of a design – the mirrors and the pentasprismatic are removed from it viewfinder, and the frame is constantly exposed to the sensor. The viewfinder, in turn, in such cameras is electronic, therefore may have millisecond delays before output Images.
- Differences in shooting quality (as still images, etc.) between the SLR and mirrorless cameras there. In both cases after pressing the shutter, the frame is directly and fully exposed to sensor. But mirrorless cameras due to the simplified design usually cheaper, thinner and lighter than SLRs – but the latter provide true zero delay in image output to the viewfinder.
Rating of the best Nikon cameras
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Nikon Amateur SLR Cameras||1||Nikon D5300 Kit||33 500 rub.|
|2||Nikon D7100 Kit||55,000 RUB.|
|3||Nikon D3300 Kit||29900 RUB.|
|Best Nikon SLR Cameras||1||Nikon D750 Body||87,000 RUB.|
|2||Nikon Df Body||185,000 RUB.|
|3||Nikon D4s Body||256,000 RUB.|
|Nikon’s best mirrorless interchangeable lens camera||1||Nikon 1 J5 Kit||21900 RUB.|
|Best Nikon Compact Cameras||1||Nikon Coolpix P3||–|
|Nikon Coolpix 5600||–|
|Nikon’s Best Secure Compact Camera||1||Nikon Coolpix W300||23,700 RUB|
|The best Nikon ultrasound||1||Nikon Coolpix P900||32900 RUB.|
|2||Nikon Coolpix B700||25,000 RUB.|
Best Nikon Amateur SLR Cameras
Nikon D5300 Kit
One of the best cameras for people who just want receive high-quality images without bothering with the settings, RAW and other exposure. However, all this camera also supports. Therefore, those pictures that “out of the box” were not enough quality from a visual point of view, you can always fix in graphic editor.
Among other advantages – a rotatable LCD display, the presence of Wi-Fi module for instantly sending pictures to the connected smartphone or laptop, fast and quiet autofocus, good quality shooting in the dark.
Among the shortcomings, one can single out a fast battery using the LCD as a viewfinder or when distributing Wi-Fi, lack of optical stabilization on the sensor, weak GPS and case without dust and moisture protection.
The camera is sold in two configurations – with lens 18-55 and 18-105. The second is recommended for purchase. However, the camera’s lens is interchangeable, the standard mount is F.
- Easy to use, making good shots even beginner photographers will succeed;
- A variety of delivery kits;
- Many useful functions to work on the go – rotary screen, Wi-Fi, GPS;
- Low autonomy;
- Optical stabilization only in the lens.
Nikon D7100 Kit
The main advantage of this camera is the focus mode. Whatever From shooting conditions and scenes, it provides excellent sharpness and depth in the visual center of the frame. Focus quality is maintained. and in video mode.
Also, the Nikon D7100 is equipped with a new APS-C sensor without low-pass filter that provides natural colors and wide margin in dynamic range. The latter is especially important. when shooting in RAW with subsequent image correction.
Among the disadvantages – low quality shooting in low lighting. At ISO above 1000, noise is observed in the image.
The camera is sold in two configurations – with lens 18-105 and 18-140. It is recommended to choose from your wishes.
- Great autofocus for your price segment;
- Great sensor with HDR support.
- Suitable for shooting only in good lighting conditions.
Nikon D3300 Kit
Perhaps the best camera for beginners. Despite the small functionality (fixed LCD, no Wi-Fi, buffer on 3-5 shots in RAW), it is easy to set up, high saturation and naturalness of colors in finished photographs, light weight and excellent portability for DSLR. Separately worth mention the quality of the sensor. When using optimal (not whale) lens can get a “picture” that is not inferior flagships.
True, it has slower autofocus than the D5300; not sealing focus; No bracketing and full HDR. Besides Moreover, she, like some other Nikon amateur DSLRs, begins to “make noise” at high ISO values, as a result of which there is little suitable for shooting in limited light without outbreaks.
At the moment, only one equipment is available – with lens 18-55.
- Good sensor;
- Small weight and size.
- Slow and not always accurate autofocus;
- Shoots poorly at high ISO.
Best Nikon SLR Cameras
Nikon D750 Body
A full-frame camera with a powerful processor, so 6 fps burst shooting on actual Resolution 24 MP. Equipped with a smooth and fast system focusing, rotary screen, many preset shooting modes and scenes, folding screen and large enough the buffer. The most important advantage – well suited for high ISO shooting – noises are observed only after 6400.
Among the shortcomings can be distinguished only by the presence of low-frequency filter on the sensor (but this is quite subjective), leading to difficulties when shooting with HDR or in RAW for post-processing; weak Wi-Fi and a minimum shutter speed of 1/4000.
- Easy to use
- Fast processor;
- Large buffer;
- Low-pass filter on the sensor;
- Minimum shutter speed 1/4000.
Nikon Df Body
Full frame camera with powerful processor, large buffer and working ISO up to and including 25600. Proprietary matrix D4 Provides vibrant, vibrant, but natural colors while preserving all shades. HDR support allows you to get dramatic shots. Convenient management.
Disadvantages – there is no internal illumination of the focusing system, as a result, autofocus may be “lost” in low lighting; no built-in flash; no focus peaking (level contour alignment).
It’s important to note that this camera is designed for use with manual lenses. Auto Focus Mode added “for show”. In particular, the mechanism migrated from more old model D600, it is not too fast and, as mentioned above, “lost” in the dark.
- Great sensor
- Powerful processor
- Wide range of working ICO;
- Not suitable for beginners;
- Not the best autofocus job in the dark.
Nikon D4s Body
Flagship camera with a powerful processor, fast and high quality autofocus, working ISO up to 25600 and a huge number of settings for any shooting scenarios. Very high shooting speed, even at RAW, excellent color reproduction, rotary screen. However, this flagship camera, so all the necessary “professional” function and quality in it in place.
The drawback, in fact, is only one. The camera uses proprietary XQD memory card standard. As well as drives and card readers for them are quite rare.
- Great sensor, powerful processor, large buffer;
- Proprietary, rare components on the Russian market.
Nikon’s best mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
Nikon 1 J5 Kit
Compact 1 ”mirrorless camera with Nikon 1 mount. Provides good quality photos thanks to modern excellent color reproduction matrix. Easy to use – equipped with a rotatable touch LCD display, has a small mass and the size. We should also mention a design that imitates classic cameras.
Of the shortcomings – little suitable for shooting long videos, and the maximum video frequency in 4K resolution is … 15 frames per second.
It is worth considering that the flash is built into the whale lens. therefore use any overhead filters or polarizers not will work out. In addition, the camera simply does not have a hot shoe, so that an external flash cannot be installed.
- Convenient to use;
- Good photographic qualities;
- Attractive design
- Rare bayonet mount;
- There is no hot shoe;
- Poor for movie shooting;
Best Nikon Compact Cameras
Nikon Coolpix P3
Convenient and easy to use compact camera with 8-megapixel sensor, the presence of optical stabilization in lens, 3.5x optical zoom and support preset shooting modes. The best solution if required “just a camera” for simple everyday shooting.
Not suitable for movie shooting due to low resolution finished files. But compact, lightweight (200 grams assembled) and inexpensive.
- Compact and lightweight;
- Preset shooting modes;
- Easy to use;
- Not suitable for movie shooting.
Nikon Coolpix 5600
The main advantage of this camera is excellent for its price segment color rendering and sharpness. When shooting in the sun the weather turns out to be very “warm”, atmospheric and pleasant shots. In addition, it is very easy to operate, has a durable and durable housing, and also supports macro mode.
Of the shortcomings – the video is better not to shoot.
- Excellent color rendering;
- Easy to use;
- Compact and lightweight;
- Not suitable for movie shooting.
Nikon’s Best Secure Compact Camera
Nikon Coolpix W300
16 megapixel camera that supports video recording in 4K resolution at 30 frames per second. Running in sheltered housing, surviving falls and shallow drowning. It features an LCD screen, fast and accurate focusing, ease of use, support for control from a smartphone and many preset modes.
Only one drawback – the built-in battery has a small capacity. Fully charged enough for 300-350 shots without outbreaks.
When shooting in the evening, it is recommended to use a long shutter speed. A tripod mount is available.
- Protected housing;
- Supports shooting at 4K 30 fps.
- High ergonomics;
- Low battery capacity.
The best Nikon ultrasound
Nikon Coolpix P900
Ultrasound record holder: 83x optical zoom, full zoom 166x The lens is built-in, with a stabilizer. Perfectly Suitable for astrophotography. Equipped with a rotatable LCD display. It features natural color reproduction, fast autofocus, sufficient sharpness of photos – but only with good lighting.
Disadvantages – small (meaning physical dimensions) 1 / 2.3 ”sensor, weak built-in flash.
- Maximum optical zoom in the market;
- Fast focusing system.
- Small sensor.
Nikon Coolpix B700
Compact Ultrasound Camera with 60x Optical Zoom swivel screen, Wi-Fi control and video support 4K 30 fps (or Full HD 60 fps). Easy to use: many preset presets and shooting modes, editing tools, The function of wirelessly uploading images and clips to the clouds. But the best part is the time-lapse shooting mode.
In addition, the camera is equipped with a fairly accurate and fast (for its price segment) autofocus, as well as a sensor, providing natural and vibrant colors.
Of the shortcomings – poor-quality built-in microphone and quite noisy zoom drive.
- Supports 4K 30 fps;
- Good autofocus;
- Time lapse shooting mode;
- Noisy zoom drive.
Which Nikon camera to buy
- When choosing a Nikon camera, it’s worth considering using. If you want to shoot just “everyday”, then an amateur or professional camera is not needed at all, it will be enough just a “soap box”. But if the image quality is crucial then it is worth paying attention to mirrorless Nikon 1 J5.
- For beginners, amateur SLRs are suitable level. Perhaps the best of them is the Nikon D5300 with a lens in kit. It is equipped with enough preset modes and manual settings – so that you can to form your own shooting style.
- Then, learning to take pictures and shaping your style, You can also get a professional-level DSLR. At adequate budget recommended flagship model – Nikon D4s or Df. If there is no six-digit amount per camera, you can purchase B750.
- But protected cameras and ultrasounds have very specific scope of use. The first ones are suitable for take them with you on vacation; the second – for shooting distant subjects or even astrophotography.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.