Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Kitchen scales belong to the class of the so-called “small household technology “, and in view of the relative availability for establishing production, such products are in stock very many manufacturers. Specialists analyzed the market and prepared a rating of the 12 best models of kitchen scales by correlation of price, quality and functionality. According to the results of this research we present you an overview of all these models in the context such parameters as the minimum price and form factor (bowl or platform). In addition, we will consider two more models of mechanical weights and such an interesting technological solution as spoon scales.
- Rating of the best kitchen scales
- Which company scales to buy
- The best inexpensive kitchen scales up to 1000 rubles
- REDMOND RS-M723
- Maxwell MW-1451
- Rating of the best electronic scales with a bowl
- Bugatti UMA 56
- Beurer KS 32
- ProfiCook PC-KW 1040
- Vitesse VS-601
- The best electronic scales with a platform
- Beurer KS 48
- Soehnle 67080 Page Profi
- REDMOND SkyScales 741S
- Rating of the best mechanical kitchen scales
- Vitesse VS-1278
- Gipfel 5688
- Better kitchen scale – measuring spoon
- ENDEVER KS-513
- Which kitchen scale to choose
Rating of the best kitchen scales
|nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best inexpensive kitchen scales up to 1000 rubles||1||REDMOND RS-M723||750 rub|
|2||Maxwell MW-1451||940 RUB.|
|The best electronic scales with a bowl||1||Bugatti UMA 56||680 RUB|
|2||Beurer KS 32||1600 RUB.|
|3||ProfiCook PC-KW 1040||1800 RUB.|
|4||Vitesse VS-601||2390 RUB.|
|The best electronic scales with a platform||1||Beurer KS 48||1500 RUB.|
|2||Soehnle 67080 Page Profi||4100 RUB.|
|3||REDMOND SkyScales 741S||2300 RUB.|
|The best mechanical kitchen scale||1||Vitesse VS-1278||1450 RUB.|
|2||Gipfel 5688||2300 RUB.|
|Better kitchen scale – measuring spoon||1||ENDEVER KS-513||490 RUB.|
Which company scales to buy
First of all, we’ll deal with brands and manufacturers, since in the current globalization of production, a simple consumer can it’s not easy to determine whether to deal with one or another trademarked.
Let’s start with well-known brands with a deep history and impeccable reputation, to which there are no complaints about true origin and honesty manufacturing country.
- Beurer has a century of history (founded in 1919 year) and is well known worldwide for the quality of its products. Production facilities are located in Europe – in Germany and Hungary.
- ProfiCook trademark is also German and consists in the famous holding company Clatronic Group. The company specializes in production of small household appliances. However, the production of kitchen weights are carried out in China. This, however, does not negatively affects the quality of the goods.
- Separate warm words deserve Italian products Casa Bugatti (to the famous French the car brand has nothing to do with it). It’s real chic, shine and prestige. And, of course, high quality. Production established mostly in Italy itself.
- The history of the German company SOEHNLE has more than 140 years This is also an honest German brand with all the consequences. positive points. For example, production specifically the company has been dealing with kitchen scales since 1986, so its The products are definitely worth a look.
- A certain “mansion” in this list is a trademark Redmond – a reference example of globalization and international trends in production. It was founded by several investors from different countries – USA, Canada and Israel. And from the very beginning, the company Positions the brand as international. In each the country where the representative office opens, Redmond registers Separate trademarks of the same name by representatives. it made to counter counterfeiting. In the Russian Federation Redmond associated with the Technosila company, and sometimes on the Web stumble on information, they say, is a Russian brand. Is not So.
- Now a few words about Maxwell. But this is already truly a Russian brand owned by Golden Electronics “. The same holding company owns another well-known brand – VITEK. Maxwell entered the market after the global crisis of 2008 years when demand for low-cost equipment and consumers increased decidedly overpowered for overpaying for a name.
- ViTESSE is a completely Russian brand. Budget technique Price range is made in China. Because of the truly shameless brand positioning as a french company even had serious problems with the Federal Antimonopoly Service are somewhat years ago. After that, “corrected” and removed from the official site and product labeling all references to France, leaving only places the French flag, as it no longer obliges. Despite for all these tricks, ViTESSE technology meets all the requirements Rospotrebnadzor, very solid in terms of quality and inexpensive.
- Gipfel mechanical kitchen scales are positioned as German, but not as zealous as it was only a few years back. The company had exactly the same problems with FAS as Vitesse, after which they had to be a little more honest with branding. “A bit” because of the origin of the brand, as well as about the manufacturing country still does not know anything. there is the assumption that the brand has Russian roots, and Gipfel technology is made all in the same China – nothing here unexpected.
- And finally, Endever. This brand is included in the portfolio. Kromax Group holding company (Russia), together with such trademarks like iBang and Kromax. Scales of this brand are made in China.
The best inexpensive kitchen scales up to 1000 rubles
Let’s start with the models of the lowest price segment, buying which, you can keep within 1000 rubles. Specialists identified two models of electronic scales of different types of structures – the “platform” and “bowl”. The experts considered these models to be the most efficient of those that can be bought at such an affordable price. Both models support automatic shutdown, tarp, indication of discharge and overweight.
REDMOND RS-M723 electronic kitchen scale is made in China. This is an inexpensive compact device with dimensions of 2x23x17.5 cm and weighing 0.4 kg. There are 4 weight sensors – one in each leg, and users note that the balance is fairly correctly centered weighed products, regardless of their location on the platform. The upper limit of weighing is 5 kg. Accuracy – 1 g.
In this model, literally everything is aimed at maximum cheaper, so some may be frustrated by sheer cheapness body and metal platform. The latter, by the way, is positioned as stainless steel, but actually metal is still in some degrees of corrosion – this is noted by many buyers.
Not the strongest place of the scales and batteries are “tablets” (included in kit), which are sold far from any store. But change they are extremely rare – scales work for years without replacement batteries.
In general, the functionality of the scales is very concise – in addition to weighing, there are no other functions in them.
Prices: 701 – 999 rubles.
- correctly centers weighed objects;
- Attractive design
- metal parts rust;
- batteries – “tablets” CR2032;
- inconvenient power button;
Electronic scales Maxwell MW-1451, like all other products This domestic brand are made in China. Have a design bowls, round shape and extremely compact dimensions. The bowl is removable and upside down completely covers the scales, minimizing occupied place. Case and bowl material – plastic. Maximum measured weight – 5 kg, accuracy – 1 g. The upper limit of 5 kg is slightly unrealistic – users note that after 3 kg the scales with they can’t cope with the exact measurement. Yes, and an extremely limited amount bowls of 0.8 l does not give a chance to weigh any heavy products.
The scales of this model are powered by one CR2032 battery, which included in delivery. You need to change it quite rarely, but this must be done with extreme caution – so many users complain about the fragility of the battery mount design element.
The functionality is represented by simple weighing, sequential weighing and measuring the volume of liquid. All service functions – Indication of charge, overload and auto power off are also present. Auto power off is not “lightning fast”, but after as much as 2 minutes, which users consider it a plus.
Prices: 880 – 1200 rubles.
- advanced functionality;
- convenient buttons with a short and clear stroke;
- auto power off after 2 minutes;
- small weighing bowl;
- batteries – “tablets” CR2032.
- sometimes freeze;
- often breaks the battery mount design element;
Rating of the best electronic scales with a bowl
Now consider the models of kitchen scales, depending on designs, and already without reference to cost. Let’s start with electronic Bowl weights. Our experts have identified as the best following models: Bugatti UMA 56, Beurer KS 32, ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 and Vitesse VS-601. Each of them supports those who have already become standard auto shut off function and tarocompensation.
Bugatti UMA 56
The Bugatti UMA 56 electronic weighing scale is an example of this Italian small home appliances premium. Is produced brand products in Italy and China, and where exactly are the scales collected model, not reliably known. But this is not so important, as the name Casa Bugatti is so famous throughout the world and so it is prestigious that the quality of the products is beyond doubt. Known even the names of the designers who worked on the appearance of the scales UMA 56 is Innocenzo Rifino and Lorenzo Ruggieri.
The device has a very original hanging bowl form factor. Dimensions – 220x220x240 mm, weight – 1.15 kg. Removable bowl material – high quality plastic. The working part and the stand are covered shiny chrome finish. The upper limit of weighing is 3 kg. Accuracy – 1 g.
The feature set has sequential weighting, but, Unfortunately, there is no measurement of the volume of liquid, which is for a weighing bowl can be considered a disadvantage. But there is a timer that will help with operational cooking. A big plus of the balance is powered by two batteries AAA (“little fingers”) that you can buy anywhere.
Prices: 4990 – 11990
- flawless accuracy;
- premium brand
- AAA batteries
- exclusively original design;
- no measurement of fluid volume;
- high price.
Beurer KS 32
German electronic kitchen scale Beurer KS 32 really are made in Germany, and this is their first indisputable plus. They have the design of the bowl and weigh 921 g. The bowl itself as for such compact device, unexpectedly roomy – as much as 3 liters (not in the example of the budget Maxwell MW-1451 with its 800 ml). In kit The supply includes a 3V CR2032 lithium battery.
The bowl is removable and inverted completely covers the working part weights saving space. The design of the scale implies the possibility weighing products even without a bowl. Upper limit of weighing – 5 kg Permissible error – 1 g. Tarot compensation added sequential weighing function. Ways to determine the volume this model does not provide liquids – there are not even divisions of the scale by more often.
Users report automatic shutdown too fast, which creates inconvenience with the same sequential weighing.
The Beurer KS 32 is backed by a manufacturer’s warranty. as much as 3 years.
Prices: 1600 rub.
- German assembly
- 3 years warranty;
- possibility of use without a bowl;
- capacious bowl;
- battery – “tablet”;
- no measuring scale for liquids;
- short time of indication of weight;
- Auto shutdown too fast;
ProfiCook PC-KW 1040
ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 is an average price kitchen scale categories, German brand, but made in China. The design of the scales is a bowl, while both parts are both a bowl and a case working module made of stainless steel. Design is enough interesting and build quality.
The dimensions of the device are 21x10x21 cm, and the weight is only 0.5 kg The capacity of the bowl is pretty decent – 2 liters, and the bowl itself removable and completely covers the working module in an inverted condition. The maximum load is 5 kg.
Repeated trials of enthusiasts with reference weights showed high accuracy of the scales, completely “fit” into the declared division price of 1 g. An unfortunate drawback – not provided sequential weighing.
Powered by ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 from two finger batteries AA
Prices: 1714 – 2099 rub.
- capacious bowl;
- AA batteries
- fluid volume measurement;
- high accuracy;
- metal case and bowl;
- no consistent weighing.
Kitchen scales of the Russian Vitesse VS-601 trademark manufactured in China at the company’s production facilities Shenzhen Bingfengzuoyue Trade Co., Ltd. Dimensions of the device in the packing amount is 21.50 x 10.50 x 22.00 cm. Weight without packing is 542 g.
As a container for weighing in Vitesse VS-601 is used 2 liter bowl The upper limit of weighing is 5 kg, and accuracy – 1 g. This model is quite wide functionality. In addition to standard tarotcompensation and auto power off, there is a timer with a signal, a thermometer, serial weighing, indication of discharge and overload, manual shutdown.
The scales are powered by a 9-volt Krona battery. Such batteries are not sold everywhere, but they need to be changed quite rarely.
Prices: 2399 – 2440 rub.
- high accuracy;
- bright contrast display;
- low battery indication;
- wide functionality;
- relatively high price;
- Crohn’s battery.
The best electronic scales with a platform
Now consider a group of weights of another type of construction, where in A flat platform is used as the basis for weighing. Our experts considered such models worthy of attention: Beurer KS 48, Soehnle 67080 Page Profi and REDMOND SkyScales 741S.
Beurer KS 48
German kitchen scale Beurer KS 48 equipped with a platform of tempered glass, under which there may be a plain surface or drawings with the theme of wildlife. Device dimensions are 240x180x17 mm. The platform is non-removable.
The accuracy of the weight measurement in Beurer KS 48 is 1 g, and its correctness is consistent with the famous German quality and confirmed by numerous trials of enthusiasts. The maximum measured weight is 5 kg.
Management is carried out by touch buttons located right on the platform. Many define this as a disadvantage due to frequent false positives due to splashing or accidental rolling of measuring dishes.
The functionality is pretty concise. Such “bonuses” as sequential weighing, clock or timer in this model is not. There is only tar compensation, but it is for modern electronic weights – “must have”.
The scales are powered by three “little” AAA batteries. They go to bundled, but according to reviews, very weak, and it’s better to immediately buy a new one a set of full batteries.
Prices: 1500 rub.
- Beautiful design;
- powered by AAA batteries;
- German assembly
- too sensitive touch buttons;
- very fragile body;
- limited functionality;
Soehnle 67080 Page Profi
Kitchen scale Soehnle 67080 Page Profi is a device an “honest” and very famous German brand with a deep history, but they are made in China. In this case, this cannot be considered disadvantage, as the head office of Soehnle is extremely thorough monitors the quality of products, so the assembly is just strong side of the scales of this model.
Soehnle 67080 Page Profi – in its own way outstanding kitchen scale, since the upper limit of weighing is almost unprecedented – as many as 15 kg! True, this wonderful feature has a downside. – with the accuracy of weighing small weights in this model “stress”.
Users had isolated cases of getting inside the case liquid, after which the scoreboard began to work erratically. Disassembly and rubbing fixed the problem. We emphasize – these were single cases that may well be qualified as rare factory marriage.
Many users praise this model for the Hold function, allowing to fix the result, and for a long pause of 4.5 minutes before automatic shutdown. If to whom a pause seems too long, in scales manual shutdown is provided.
Prices: 4,126 – 4,297 rubles.
- upper limit of weighing 15 kg;
- large platform;
- Warranty – 5 years;
- high-quality assembly;
- long auto power off;
- the possibility of fixing the result;
- stylish and “expensive” appearance;
- high price;
- easily soiled platform surface.
REDMOND SkyScales 741S
REDMOND SkyScales 741S electronic kitchen scale stands out against the background of other models with a platform. The reason is high tech smart device. Scales are capable sync with wearable gadgets on which they are installed “native” mobile application SkyScales. With his help calorie counting is done. In this case, calories are calculated in combined with sequential weighing function. Thus, having weighed sequentially all the products necessary for cooking, the user easily determines the total calorie content of the dish. Straight there is no sequential weighting function in this model, but it completely replaces the operation of the scales paired with a mobile application.
The maximum measured weight is 5 kg, and the accuracy of the balance is 1 g. The device informs the user about overload and condition battery power. Buyers report somewhat slow operation weights, but in this matter there may be a large share of subjectivity, as well as the fact that the list of products in the mobile application too limited.
Prices: 1917 – 2895 rub.
- calorie counter in a mobile application;
- advanced functionality;
- stylish design;
- slow work;
- limited list of products in the app.
Rating of the best mechanical kitchen scales
Finally, consider another category of weights – mechanical, which may even surprise some with the very fact of their existence against the background of ultra-precise and inexpensive electronic scales. On the in fact, mechanical kitchen scales are still available and quite successfully in demand. There are many consumers who no jewelry accuracy when weighing, and mechanical scales simple, understandable, “buggy” can not, by definition, and they do not need no batteries. After all, so many people simply don’t trust electronics. Our experts suggest paying attention to two worthy models: Vitesse VS-1278 and Gipfel 5688.
Mechanical kitchen scales Vitesse VS-1278 are stylish design and sufficient accuracy as for mechanical scales – the permissible error is 20 g. The housing of the working module and The bowl is made of mirror polished stainless steel. The dimensions of the device in the package are 21.50 x 10.00 x 22.00 cm, and weight – 0.842 kg.
The maximum load limit in the scales of this model is quite modest – 2.5 kg. The bowl is also not the most voluminous – 1 liter. Of course, no “buns” characteristic of electronic scales, like tarocompensation, not here.
Users mostly like the pretty radial scale location.
Prices: 1,400 – 1,500 rubles.
- sufficient accuracy;
- stainless steel case;
- attractive appearance;
- small weight limit;
- a small bowl.
Pseudo-German mechanical kitchen scale Gipfel 5688 equipped with a classic round dial of very impressive sizes. The upper weight limit is 5 kg and the accuracy is 20 g, which is normal for mechanical scales.
The role of containers for weighing is performed by a steel bowl. True she quite small, so weighing liquids in it is not very conveniently.
This model is much more expensive than Vitesse VS-1278, and this is impossible explain neither by functionality (it is exactly the same in Gipfel 5688 meager), neither super-precision, nor even a high-profile brand. Besides, active users note a rather “pale” design that many stopped before making a purchase.
But then this model will be very handy for older people, having problems not only using electronics, but also with eyesight.
Prices: 2091 – 2990 rub.
- large dial with clearly visible hands, numbers and divisions;
- unjustified price;
- expressionless design.
Better kitchen scale – measuring spoon
And at the end of our review, we’ll look at something unusual and interesting. This scale is a measuring spoon. The task of spoon weights is to measuring ultra-low weights – units of grams or even less. The need for such accuracy arises when cooking especially gourmet dishes. Our experts identified the only model – ENDEVER KS-513, since similar devices are just starting to conquer the market, and there isn’t much choice yet.
The spoon scale ENDEVER KS-513 is quite interesting, and even funny electronic device. It is made in China. Device made in a fairly elegant design style, and in the kitchen Hi-tech style will fit perfectly.
The range of permissible weights is from 0.1 g to 300 g, and here problems are already starting. Too many users note that spoon scales ENDEVER KS-513 and do not nearly show the declared accuracy of 0.1 g. For the most part, accuracy starts at 1 g, as conventional electronic kitchen scales. True, there are still reviews, where users claim that at the very beginning of operation for a while the device still demonstrates accuracy below 1 g, but still not at all 0.1 g. It is hoped that in future models this disadvantage will be eliminated.
It is recommended not to weigh on weight, as the weight sensor is very sensitive and literally “weighs the air.” Better set spoon-scales on a flat surface, and the measured weight immediately lock with a button.
Prices: 430 – 640 rubles.
- original form factor;
- powered by AAA batteries;
- stylish design;
- no promised 0.1 g accuracy.
Which kitchen scale to choose
So we came to the finals, where we will summarize.
- Among the most inexpensive models of scales, you should definitely choose Maxwell MW-1451. REDMOND RS-M723 manufacturers too overdo it with minimizing cost.
- Among the electronic scales with a bowl, if you value real chic and you are not afraid of the price, definitely choose Bugatti UMA 56. Of the two other German models Beurer KS 32 and ProfiCook PC-KW 1040 truly German is only the first. The conclusion is obvious, and according to Beurer’s main parameters are clearly ahead.
- With the scales with the platform, the situation is more interesting. If you compare Beurer KS 48 and Soehnle 67080 Page Profi, then better, of course, the second option. Another thing is that these scales are 2.5 times more expensive, but for a combination of factors it is better to pay such a single time the amount than constantly getting nervous due to the shortcomings of the Beurer KS 48. REDMOND SkyScales 741S do not even want to compare with two others models, since this is a completely different kind of device. Ideally suitable for those who strictly monitor the calorie intake products, as well as for those who love everything high-tech.
- As for the mechanical balance, the Vitesse VS-1278, which Gipfel 5688 are “partisan” brands, and there is a clear advantage in this plan has no model, no other. Slight advantage still there is towards Vitesse due to a much lower price, more interesting design and roomy bowl.
- Finally, spoon scales ENDEVER KS-513. As part of our review It has no competitors, it is inexpensive, so such an accessory it is quite possible to try those who cook dishes in strict the recipe.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.