Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
In autonomous heating systems, water circulates through pipes, transferring heat from the boiler to the radiators. It is cheap and effective, but requires regular supervision. If the house is visited in winter periodically or there are long trips on vacation, the system may scatter. In the case of boilers requiring electrical connections provoke freezing of pipes and rupture of batteries capable of long power outages. To prevent it is used coolants with alcohol or oil, designed for heating systems of private houses and industrial facilities. They work the same way as antifreeze in cars, and do not freeze when negative temperatures. From the rating and reviews below you will find out the best products in this category, which will help determine a choice.
- How to choose a coolant
- Rating of the best heat carriers for heating systems
- Rating of the best heat carriers
- Warm Eco House
- Hot stream
- WARME BASIC-65
- Eco Thermal Agent 30
- PRIMOCLIMA ANTIFROST
How to choose a coolant
Heat carrier rating for open and closed heating systems contains goods that prevent pipe thawing; and preventing scale formation, bacterial growth and corrosion metal compounds. But choosing antifreeze for the boiler and radiators it is important to pay attention to some parameters substances:
- The basis. The package always indicates which product is the main part. The most non-freezing is ethylene glycol. It has increased fluidity, so the joint sealing should be especially thorough. But with him there are never any problems in circulation plan. But this coolant is the most toxic. Middle at a price and a relatively new type – glycerin, more sparing and harmless, but requiring the replacement of conventional gaskets with Teflon. The most expensive is propylene glycol, which is chemically neutral and resistant to overheating. Separate substance low anti-freeze oil but allowing you to heat it to higher temperatures.
- Crystallization point. This is the number of degrees below zero, after which the fluidity is lost. The indicator varies from -15 to -65 degrees, which is important to consider when choosing a coolant for operation in heating systems in various regions with cold and temperate climate.
- Boiling point. Indicates when antifreeze begins foam. For some, this comes after 70 degrees. The maximum indicator is 115º C. The later when overheating the liquid boils, the longer it retains its fluidity, the effectiveness of additives and will continue to perform the main functions – transfer heat.
- Possibility of dilution with water. Some substances for heating systems can only be used in pure form, while others allowed to dilute with ordinary water according to the table of the ratio of parts, depending on the winter temperature in the region. Second option more economically advantageous because it allows you to fill the volume of the system less antifreeze and add the rest for free water.
- Life time. On each heat carrier is indicated safe lifetime guaranteed by the manufacturer. During of this period, the tool will gently act on the seals and metal, as well as meet the specified characteristics for crystallization and boiling. Some liquids last for 4-5 years, others up to 10, which affects heating maintenance costs.
Rating of the best heat carriers for heating systems
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||rating|
|Rating of the best heat carriers||1||DIXIS-65||4.9|
|2||Warm Eco House||4.8|
|9||Eco Thermal Agent 30||4.5|
Rating of the best heat carriers
Having seen the key parameters for choosing the product, we will move on to the rating heat transfer fluids based on specifications and reviews users. This will help you know the pros and cons of antifreeze in advance. for heating in the house, in the country or at the enterprise, and choose the best for specific operating conditions.
Universal tool for working with gas and electric boilers of any type of installation. Optimally transfers heat when ambient temperature from -65 to + 95º C. Suitable for heating with pipes made of cast iron, copper, aluminum, brass. Doesn’t spoil the solder spots, No harm to plastic pipes and containers. Together with the goods a sticker is provided on the boiler, which provides fields for records of refueling date, volume and other important details that very useful after years when servicing heating.
Our experts assigned this coolant first place in rating due to high crystallization temperature -66 degrees. This is the best tool for heating systems in the extreme North and other cold regions that will withstand strong frosts and keep pipes and batteries intact. In case of use in areas where in winter the temperature does not fall below -20º C, antifreeze is allowed to be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1, which significantly save money.
- highest anti-freeze rate;
- guaranteed service life of 5 years;
- container protection against unauthorized opening.
- heat capacity is 10% less than that of water;
- strong viscosity;
- not suitable for galvanized pipes;
- must not be poured into boilers with an electrode principle of operation.
Warm Eco House
This is a domestic coolant based on propylene glycol, which is supplemented with a pigment additive to give green color, to make it easier to detect leaks. Available in containers of 10 and 20 kg with convenient handles for transportation. The product is fireproof and passed the examination, therefore it is accompanied by a certificate and Designed for widespread use in heating and systems air conditioning. The service life of the substance is 5 years, after why it retains all its anti-freeze properties, but loses a package of anti-corrosion additives. Users in reviews are divided that if the heat exchanger in the boiler is copper, and the pipes plastic, then it can be used for up to 10 years.
In our opinion, the coolant should be in the rating in view of high boiling point of 106º C, which is 11 degrees higher than for most products. This is useful when the system overheats frequently, especially if she is rarely watched. Thermal point the destruction of the product is 170º C, so there is nothing antifreeze threatens.
- does not destroy linen tow;
- can be used with sealants;
- It does not expand upon freezing, but turns into jelly;
- pairs are harmless to humans.
- when used with galvanized communications gives sediment;
- not for electrolysis boilers;
- high heated fluidity requires careful sealing and preliminary crimping;
- need a powerful circulation pump.
The product is made in Russia, but from raw materials imported from Germany. Special technology is involved in production. Organic Acid Technology. But organic additives do not contain amines and other harmful substances. The heat carrier is compatible with boilers, working on liquid fuel, gas and electricity. Judging by reviews, fluid does not harm rubber gaskets, sealants and paranita. The manufacturer added anti-foam and antibacterial additives, so the system will remain clean and with high traffic.
Our experts add the coolant to the rating, since in addition to very low freezing temperature at -65º C it is characterized by a long service life. The liquid retains anticorrosive properties up to 10 years, and can be operated up to 20 seasons continuously, without losing while the characteristics of resistance to freezing. It is beneficial for system maintenance costs and will not require frequent interventions.
- made from German raw materials;
- low crystallization temperature;
- allowed to dilute with water;
- not in the composition of nitrites, phosphates and silicates.
- among the components, more toxic ethylene glycol;
- not compatible with “Galan” type boilers;
- when mixed with water, anticorrosion is initially reduced properties;
- does not work well with solid fuel boilers, due to frequent overheating.
This is antifreeze from a well-known manufacturer of boilers from the near abroad, which took care of the careful handling of all heating system. Among his goods are very popular and many reviews has a coolant with a base of glycerin. Means equipped with anti-foam additives and does not freeze even at -30 degrees. Boiling occurs after 105º C, so the liquid is suitable for most heating systems. The composition includes fluorescent paint for quick leak detection. The heat carrier in cans of 10 and 20 kg, and poured into the system at a rate of 113 kg for a volume of 100 liters.
Experts recommend this product from the open source rating. heating circuits where the expansion tank is not sealed covers. A harmless compound poses no danger from evaporation and can be used even in food enterprises industry. Another plus is authorized use. in zinc coated pipes.
- service life of 8-10 years;
- complete explosion and fire safety;
- does not harm circulation pumps;
- when switching to this view, you do not need to flush the system.
- high cost per 10 kg;
- Do not overheat;
- incompatible with non-polar plastics.
Goods from a Russian manufacturer, produced in barrels of 20, 30 or 180 kg, which allows you to immediately get the right amount for heating systems at a bargain price. The coolant is based on flavored oil. Raw materials pre-catalyzed and adsorbed for high cleaning. Only suitable for closed products. communications to prevent splashing or evaporation. The oil density is 940 kg / m3, therefore it is suitable for quite warm regions. According to reviews, it is used more in the south Russia, where the temperature rarely drops below -15 degrees.
We put the heat carrier in the rating due to the high thermal stability when heated and lack of tendency to auto-ignition. The boiling point of the oil is almost 300 degrees, so it can be used even in solid fuel boilers, but only with powerful pumps for faster circulation, so that the substance does not overheat in the heat exchanger.
- almost zero acidity gently affects the fitting and gaskets;
- good fluidity in a heated form;
- 100% protection against corrosion, regardless of the period of operation;
- Does not accumulate moisture and leaves no plaque.
- only for closed heating systems;
- freezes at -15 degrees;
- requires a powerful pump for circulation.
Domestic heat carrier, but with the addition of additives from Belgium. Based on ethylene glycol, action which is mitigated by the addition of carboxylic acids up to 4% against corrosion and foaming. It turns into jelly only after the fall of the surrounding temperatures below -30 degrees and contains a zero coefficient extensions. Available in economical packages of 10 kg or more large 20 and 30 kg. Provides even heat distribution throughout the heating circuit.
We distinguished this coolant in the rating as the most demanded. The reviews show that it is used in private homes from the suburbs to Khabarovsk, as well as in large industrial objects and shopping centers. Heat transfer agent is different efficient work and affordability. In essence, this domestic product of European quality, able to last up to 10 years.
- for regions with high temperature amplitude;
- actively used in enterprises;
- high quality control at the factory;
- efficiently runs along the heating circuit when heated to 106º FROM.
- not every city can be bought;
- the composition already includes demineralized water in an amount of 50%, therefore, dilution will not work even more.
One of the recent developments of a domestic company. Basis coolant put food glycerin, not a threat for humans and animals, even when completely poured onto the floor from heating systems. The substance fully complies with GOST 6824-96 and suitable for pipes with open and closed expansion tanks, and also with and without circulation pump. At if necessary, the product may be diluted with water if terrain in winter are not severe frosts. When freezing mass thickens without expansion, and you can disassemble the pipe for repair, not draining the liquid, which is very convenient and beneficial.
Experts rated coolant as optimal for value for money. Antifreeze costs like other fluids for heating, but unlike most has a point crystallization -50º C, which exceeds the performance of similar goods. Another coolant difference is the ability to applications in galvanized coated pipes that are not collapses from contact and does not form a thick precipitate.
- guaranteed service life of 5 years;
- absolutely safe (food glycerin and food dyes);
- suitable for steel and aluminum radiators;
- permissible refueling in refrigeration units.
- increased viscosity, therefore circulation in the heating system slowed down;
- many reviews of the delay in sending goods when ordering with official site.
A relatively new drug for hot heating systems from Russian manufacturer. Produced on the basis of ethylene glycol highest quality and phosphor dye that is noticeable only with special lighting. Complete with a complete set. additives gently acting on rubber seals. The temperature range of use is -65 … + 110º FROM. Not foams even with very accelerated circulation. Implemented in convenient packages of 1, 10, 20 and 48 liters.
Our experts added coolant to the rating because of its availability. While the product is relatively young (appeared in 2017) and has a few positive reviews, so buyers have it little trust, which encourages sellers to often discount on it online stores. According to the characteristics, it completely coincides with famous brands. Users even did experiments on dilution and freezing means in the freezer, where the threshold transition in jelly differs from the stated indicator by only 2º FROM.
- the instructions have a breeding table;
- prevents the formation of scale;
- can save significantly by adding water;
- suitable for harsh climate.
- the warranty period for maintaining properties is only 2 years;
- To detect leaks, you need IR illumination;
- only for closed heating circuits.
Eco Thermal Agent 30
Antifreeze for heating of any type, with propylene glycol and anticorrosive additives. There is a greenish color for control leakage, but completely harmless when inhaled. Suitable for houses and apartments with many children and animals. Coolant designed for temperature -30º C, but in reviews users share, that it remains fluid even at -32 degrees. Especially the owners praise his work in the liquid type underfloor heating system.
We recommend that you pay attention to this coolant from the rating. those who are especially kind to health. Eco Series specially made of high purity propylene glycol and completely safe for use even in open circuits heating. The substance is odorless and effectively transfers heat, and It will take 10 years to think about replacing it.
- Extra pure Eco series;
- no specific odor;
- fast heat transfer through pipes – the radiator heats up approximately 7 minutes after starting the boiler;
- savings due to a service life of 10 years.
- can not be diluted with water;
- cost is more expensive than analogues;
- not for galvanized pipes.
Fortela product with manufacturing facilities in Nizhnevartovsk. Produces a heat transfer agent with ethylene glycol and anti-foaming additive. Fluid is different stability in operation and a guaranteed service life of 5 years. The crystallization point is not higher than -30 degrees. Composition complemented by blue or orange pigment, which makes it easy to check the system for tightness.
Experts recommend looking at antifreeze as the best in rating for use in large heating systems, possibly for large enterprises and facilities. Manufacturer implements coolant of this brand at 66 rubles per 1 liter, and if the buyer will provide its container, then the official website is promised additional discount of 8%. Therefore, for large volumes, this is the best option for the price.
- harmless to sealant and winding from flax;
- does not spoil rubber linings;
- does not boil at 105 degrees;
- has the certificate of EAC.
- it is allowed to fill only in closed heating circuits;
- it is impossible for electric to pass through the coolant current;
- corrodes galvanized coating;
- flush the system before use.
The manufacturer positions it as an elite antifreeze, which confirmed not only by price, but by reviews, as well as good a package of anti-corrosion additives, sparing effect on rubber gasket and complete safety for others. Includes glycerin of the highest grade, which will not cause harm even with leakage on the floor next to the crib. The tool gently affects circulation pumps and is operated at indicators -30 … + 105º С.
According to our experts, this product should be rated due to its unpretentiousness to the addition of other coolants to same basis. If after a couple of years from the heating system the substance evaporates a little, then to top up it’s not necessary brand. It is worth paying attention to residents of villages and remote villages where the range of such products is limited.
- convenient containers of 10, 20, 50 and 200 liters;
- can be mixed with other similar coolants;
- the product is ready for use;
- absolutely does not increase in volume when freezing.
- service life 4 years, after which corrosion protection worsens;
- diagonal connection of radiators is required, otherwise it will warm only one part due to its strong viscosity.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.