Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Today, hundreds of smartphones from dozens of manufacturers. Even in offline stores you can find many devices from a variety of vendors. And virtual shelves “of online stores like Aliexpress are completely strewn with smartphones from unknown manufacturers like Vkworld or Doogee How to choose a suitable device?
- Rating of the best smartphone manufacturers
- What to look for when choosing a smartphone
- The best low-cost smartphone companies – budget up to 5000 rubles
- Rating of the best smartphone manufacturers in the average price range up to 20,000 rubles
- Samsung (J Series)
- Top premium smartphone brands
- Samsung (S Series)
Rating of the best smartphone manufacturers
|The best low-cost smartphone companies – budget up to 5000 rubles||1||Digma|
|The best smartphone manufacturers in the middle price range up to 20,000 rubles||1||Xiaomi|
|4||Samsung (J Series)|
|Top premium smartphone brands||1||Apple|
|2||Samsung (S Series)|
What to look for when choosing a smartphone
When choosing a smartphone, regardless of the manufacturer, you should pay Attention to the following specifications:
- The amount of RAM. Characteristic that defines smartphone performance. “Minimum viable” volume – 1 GB, but certainly better anymore;
- The amount of permanent memory. It is stored on the internal drive itself operating system and installed applications. Therefore, if there is not enough permanent memory; you may encounter impossibility Install new programs and games. “Minimum Viable” Volume – 8 GB
- Processor generation. The fresher the chip, the better: it is smaller consumes energy, heats less and works faster;
- Android operating system version. It just so happened that Google “even” versions of the OS are more stable and smoother than “odd”. So Android smartphones are recommended for purchase 4.4 KitKat, Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Android 8.0 Oreo;
- Battery capacity. The higher it is, the longer it will work smartphone without connecting to a wall outlet. Smartphones equipped with less than 2000 mAh battery, not for purchase recommended.
- It is also important to determine the characteristics that you need. For example, if you plan to surf a lot on the Internet, then it’s worth purchase a smartphone with 4G support. Decisive for photography camera resolution matters – the larger it is, the better. And here for fans of viewing media content on the screen, resolution is important display.
The best low-cost smartphone companies – budget up to 5000 rubles
Digma is a Russian-Chinese manufacturer of mobile electronics. The range of smartphones includes several dozen ultra-budget MediaTek and Spreadtrum devices. Devices are simple and nothing special, but reliable, which makes them a good choice in the budget price segment.
The flagship smartphone series is called VOX, and the latest on end of 2017 model – VOX Fire with support for 4G, 5-inch 2.5D HD glass screen with 8GB of permanent memory and 5MP main camera. The corresponding price is much lower than 5 thousand.
- Minimum price;
- There are interesting devices.
- Very low performance produced smartphones.
Alcatel – Chinese Telecommunications Manufacturer equipment. It produces not only smartphones, but also various switches, equipment for mobile base stations, etc. Mobile devices from this manufacturer differ in “orientation to youth “: offer characteristics that will definitely appeal children and teenagers – bright colors of the case, LED panels, high resolution front camera, etc.
Alcatel has two budget lines at once – Pop and Pixi. Cardinal there are no differences between them. Devices are quite suitable for everyday use but not very well worried fall.
- Optimal price;
- Attractive design
- Fresh firmware versions;
- Poor build quality and used components.
Fly is a Chinese manufacturer of ultra-budget smartphones. Often produces devices under other brands (for example, special models for mobile operators). He has his own “premium” sub-brand of Wileyfox.
In the ultra-budget segment, this manufacturer has four rulers:
- Power – smartphones with a capacious 4000-5000 mAh battery;
- Selfie – smartphones with a front camera resolution of 8 megapixels
- Cirrus – smartphones with 2.5D-screen and premium design
- Nimbus – an ultra-budget line focused on youth (bright colors of the case).
The company updates its line of smartphones every three to four months. There were no characteristic problems for the brand, so when a budget of up to 5 thousand rubles, you can purchase a device from Fly.
- Variety of models;
- Good build quality and accessories.
Lack of updates;
Low-performance devices come across.
ZTE is one of the largest manufacturers of smartphones and telecommunication equipment in China. Like Fly, often releases devices for other brands. The company has three lines smartphones – the flagship Axon, budget Blade and the “youth” Z. It is worth noting that in 2014, ZTE reduced output smartphones, focusing on telecommunications equipment – works on 5G networks.
Smartphones budget series Blade on the characteristics and user experience similar to competing Honor models manufacturer of Huawei. Despite their price, they differ in the most beautiful design in the ultra-budget segment and good performance.
- Attractive design
- Good specifications.
- Relatively high price;
- Low-performance devices come across.
Rating of the best smartphone manufacturers in the average price range up to 20,000 rubles
Xiaomi is one of the largest Chinese electronics manufacturers and household appliances. Releases mid-range and top-end smartphones segments. In the range of “up to 20,000 rubles” the most attention The Redmi line deserves it. And especially – the 3S model, which, despite the price of 11-14 thousand rubles, depending on the seller, equipped with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal, MediaTek energy-efficient processor and even fingerprint scanner fingers.
In addition, the A1 model deserves attention. Unlike other Xiaomi smartphones, it is running “clean” Android 7.1 Nougat operating system, and also equipped with dual camera and high-performance Snapdragon processor.
The rest of Xiaomi smartphones are running branded Android operating system MIUI. This must be taken into account when choosing because this environment offers an unusual user experience.
Another non-critical drawback of Xiaomi – limited support Android Pay contactless payment, even on models that equipped with an NFC module.
However, despite these two uncritical flaws, smartphones Xiaomi is one of the best in the middle price range.
- Many excellent devices in the middle price segment;
- High functionality of smartphones out of the box;
- Regular updates;
- Unusual user experience;
- Smartphones target the Chinese market, leading to the appearance of non-localized programs in the firmware or to functional restrictions for use in Russia;
- Limited functionality in some aspects;
Meizu is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer. Releases interesting in terms of device user experience. On smartphones installed Android operating system Flyme OS, which offers gesture control. It will require a habit – but so convenient that then abandoning it in favor On-screen or physical buttons just do not want.
But the main advantage of Meizu smartphones is the screen. Display bright, clear, saturated, with excellent color rendition.
However, Meizu smartphones have one important drawback. All of them issued exclusively for the Chinese market and therefore shipped without pre-installed Google Play Services (including Play Store). They will have to download and install by yourself.
- Superior screen quality
- Regular updates;
- Convenient, clear user interface;
- Smartphones target the Chinese market, leading to serious functional limitations in the firmware (which, however, can get around).
Huawei launches two lines of smartphones – budget Honor and the flagship Mate. The most interesting device in the first is Huawei Honor 6A. Despite the price (9-10 thousand rubles in depending on the retailer), the smartphone is equipped with:
- Metal case;
- 5-inch HD display with excellent color reproduction;
- Fingerprint scanner;
- 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of permanent memory;
- EMUI 5.1 operating system based on Android 7.0.
- Works Huawei Honor 6A quickly, stably and just nice. AND the same is true for almost all smartphones Honor series released after 2016.
But Mate has one of the best cameras on the market. But they cost more 20 thousand rubles.
- Many excellent smartphones in the mid-price range;
- Fast and stable operation;
- Good quality cameras and other accessories;
- Convenient, simple user interface;
- Irregular, and often missing updates.
Samsung (J Series)
Samsung has a huge number of lines, series and just smartphone models. Only relevant order 50! But most interesting from the budget series is the line J.
Samsung launches relatively inexpensive but J series At the same time, high-quality and smart smartphones. And to purchase Fresh revisions J3 and J5 are recommended (updated annually). They are equipped with a good camera, quite productive “stuffing” and a capacious removable battery, which is enough for a whole mixed use day. And they also have the current version operating system – Android 6.0 Marshmallow or even 7.0 Nougat.
There is only one drawback. Smartphones in this series are equipped with IPS-display, not AMOLED, as in the current revisions of the line A. Therefore, such attractive software features, such as constant display the clock on the screen or highlight the edges when received notifications, they do not work.
- Low price;
- Many pre-installed applications;
- High functionality;
- Relatively low performance;
- Possible “glitches”;
- Custom user interface in recent versions operating system;
- Too many preinstalled apps that duplicate each other;
LG has a huge number of smartphones related to the average price range, and most of them are not included a certain series. But there are common features between them. Among unequivocal advantages of mid-range LG smartphones can distinguish:
- Nice screen with natural colors (similar to sRGB mode on AMOLED displays);
- Many practical software features (phone access, notes, camera, messages, etc. straight from a locked screen; tweak font size control right in the interface applications);
- Good camera;
- Long battery life;
- The most stable signal reception.
In addition, among the devices of the middle price range there are even “trending” models. For example, LG Q6. It is equipped “elongated” 18: 9 format display (like Samsung S8, Google Pixel 2 XL or even Apple iPhone X) with rounded edges. And it looks really beautiful.
The disadvantage is the non-standard layout of the power key – for most models, it is located on the rear panel, right under the camera. It will take a habit. In addition, a fingerprint scanner fingers – a rare guest in LG smartphones of average price range.
- Convenient, clear user interface;
- High quality components;
- Good quality communication with the network;
- Less performance than average price counterparts range;
- Custom keyboard layout.
Top premium smartphone brands
Apple launches iPhone smartphones – and, in principle, on This review can be completed, because in the view this line does not need.
The main advantage of iPhone smartphones is their balance. That is, when choosing, you do not need to pay attention to the RAM, camera or processor – the device will work smoothly anyway and Take beautiful photos. And in the 2017 models, there are also software shooting algorithms have been finalized, making the iPhone an almost perfect tool for a mobile photographer.
When buying an iPhone, it’s better to take the latest models. They receive the most current versions of operating systems and at the same time retain high performance after each update. Besides, Apple is constantly improving the camera, screen, processor and others accessories, making smartphones more perfect.
- Excellent optimization of the operating system;
- Superior camera quality on the latest models;
- Fast, smooth, stable operation;
- Lack of customization options;
- Requires synchronization software.
Samsung (S Series)
If the smartphone requires the highest performance, then it is worth paying attention to the S series from Samsung. In these devices are installed the most top-end processors and maximum amount of RAM. Thanks to this, the smartphone works incredibly fast and easy to cope with even the most complex tasks.
High performance, for example, is indicated by the fact that Samsung With the release of S8, they released a special DoX dock. If you connect it to monitor and install a smartphone in it, you get a full a computer with multi-window support, keyboard and mouse input, and also other “features” – perhaps on Android.
- Highest performance;
- Great package;
- Regular operating system updates during long time;
- Excellent quality of the camera and other components;
- High price at the start of sales;
- A huge number of pre-installed applications that duplicate each other;
- The high cost of maintenance and repair;
Sony smartphones are the perfect solution for mobile enthusiasts video shooting. Indeed, it is Sony that makes the cameras, used by all other manufacturers (including Apple and Samsung, as well as ranking top Google DxOMark and Huawei), why would she deprive her smartphones of at least something?
A prime example is support for slow motion at a frequency 120 frames per second. She first appeared in the Sony Xperia smartphone Xz. And only then other manufacturers “dragged” this function. Sony does not skimp on optics for its camera modules by installing best lenses.
In addition, Sony uses the Bravia engine in its smartphones. Engine, providing maximum color saturation on the display. Combined with native 4K resolution (as in the current flagship Xperia XZ Premium) and HDR support get rich and crisp picture (which is slightly spoiled by pastel shades of the system interface).
And another advantage of Sony smartphones is that almost all of them Support 2 SIM cards.
There is a drawback too. Custom Design May Not Like It most buyers, and lack of development – most geeks. Indeed, all premium Sony smartphones are alike both visually and technically.
- One of the best cameras on the market;
- Excellent sound quality thanks to Walkman technology;
- Many useful predefined functions (e.g. mode energy saving Stamina);
- Bright, saturated screen with Bravia Engine technologies;
- Lack of technological and software development;
- Custom and not always beautiful design.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.