Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Thin branches of shrubs, fruit trees and flower stems it is convenient to cut with secateurs – it makes a cut precisely and correctly makes out, without injuring the plant, does not leave torn fibers, but subject to a correctly selected and high-quality tool.
By the type of blades, secateurs are divided into 3 types:
- Flat with one main and second curved counterblade. Since, according to the rules, the cut is done at an angle, the tool direct to the remaining part with the main blade. Secateurs flat view suitable for cutting branches and stems with a diameter up to 22 mm, the size of the handles and blades should be selected based on anticipated scope of work: enough to cut flowers the minimum size of the device, for branches – more powerful.
- Contact pruner designed to cut dry branches up to a thickness of 25 mm. Its blade is slightly offset relative to the counter-blade, but located exactly above it and when gripping the handles rests in the recess – the anvil. By such a structure, the pressure force increases, making possible to cut branches with minimal effort.
Secateurs differ in the type of working mechanism:
- Classic (lever) is a kind of scissors. Such a pruner is inconvenient to cut branches because of the need for great effort.
- With ratchet gear. In such there is a lever that allows you to cut thick branches with a diameter of up to 35 mm in several stages, dividing the effort into several steps. Ratchet gear equipped with both planar and contact pruners, it is essentially reduces the effort.
- The power drive involves the use of a unit with a spring and a system of internal increase in pressing energy, such the tool can cut thick branches in one motion. Secateurs with heavy power mechanism.
- Battery secateurs are automatic devices for trimming thin and thickened live and dry branches, shoots. You can use the tool completely effortlessly – necessary the mechanism performs pressure and flattening the blades independently, the gardener only needs to press the lever or button on the body power tool. One battery charge lasts up to several hundred slices.
- The grafting secateurs are a special tool for cutting stock and scion (for grafting plants). Tool cuts a young branch and trunk that are ideally suited for each other, after which it remains to connect them as a puzzle and fix. So In this way, plants take root much better. The tool is useful to breeders.
The best models are presented in the rating of experts of the online magazine different types of pruners recognized by professional gardeners and lovers of summer cottages.
- Rating of the best secateurs
- Best Ratchet Secateurs
- Fiskars 111670
- GARDENA SmartCut 8798
- Centroinstrument 0133
- The best secateurs with a power mechanism
- FISKARS Garden Pro P90
- RACO 4206-53 / 143S
- WOLF-Garten RS 2500
- GRINDA 8-423001
- Best Battery Secateurs
- Wolf Garten Li-Ion Power RR 3000
- RYOBI RLP416
- The best manual grafting secateurs
- WIPRO 07-001
- Center tool FINLAND 1455
Rating of the best secateurs
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Ratchet Secateurs||1||Fiskars 111670||1 419 rub.|
|2||GARDENA SmartCut 8798||2 057 rub.|
|3||Centroinstrument 0133||552 rub|
|The best secateurs with a power mechanism||1||FISKARS Garden Pro P90||2 435 rub.|
|2||RACO 4206-53 / 143S||690 rub|
|3||WOLF-Garten RS 2500||1 130 rub.|
|4||GRINDA 8-423001||184 rub|
|Best Battery Secateurs||1||Wolf Garten Li-Ion Power RR 3000||6 900 rub.|
|2||RYOBI RLP416||4 180 rub.|
|The best manual grafting secateurs||1||WIPRO 07-001||1 390 rub.|
|2||Center tool FINLAND 1455||1 230 rub.|
Best Ratchet Secateurs
Ratchet mechanism simplifies working with thick branches, reducing necessary effort.
Top rated ratchet secateurs model – Fiskars 111670, related to the contact type. It is designed to work with thick branches up to 20 mm, convenient when decorating hedges, Used for art cutting of bushes. Feature models – a unique and effective ratchet PowerStep mechanism, independently determining the thickness of the branch and rebuilding the option – own development of the Finns. Lightweight tool – total 140 grams with a length of 18 cm, the handles are made of a pleasant touch material equally comfortable for righties and lefties. Durable blades sharpened steels with anti-friction coating, excluding damage due to severe friction during cutting.
Gardeners describe the Fiskars 111670 secateurs as convenient and universal tool for working with dry and live branches trees and shrubs, but some note the inconvenience of weld seam on the lower handle, we recommend working with gloves or changing capture on more convenient. Another advantage of the tool is protection from accidental clicking.
You can buy Fiskars 111670 for an average of 1600 rubles.
- Light weight;
- Offline determination of cutting options depending on thickness branches
- Accidental fuse;
- Suitable for righties and lefties;
- Sharpening anti-friction blades.
- Inconvenient weld on the lower handle.
GARDENA SmartCut 8798
In second place ranking secateurs with similar leader GARDENA SmartCut specifications, it only weighs all 300 grams, but there is a loop for the lace on the arm (sometimes its seller applies) – no need to think where to put the instrument between cleaning branches. PowerPlus Ratchet Working Slice neat and properly designed, precision blade sharpening with protection against sticking contributes to this. Secateurs anti-slip aluminum, comfortable to grip and pleasant touch, despite the metal. Storage mechanism Locking against opening is provided.
Currently, the model has been upgraded, working ratchet the mechanism is hidden in the handle for safety and longer life tool service.
Price GARDENA SmartCut 8798 – from 2 200 rubles.
- Cuts branches up to 22 mm;
- Sharpening blades of high precision;
- Convenient ergonomic form of handles;
- Ring for a lace on a hand;
- Exact cut;
- The ratchet mechanism is hidden in the handle for convenience.
- The relatively large weight of 300 grams;
- High price.
The third Centroinstrument 0133 with precision sharpened titanium blades. Ratchet mechanism allows work with branches up to 20 mm in diameter, the return spring returns blades to their original position, and a locking clip prevents accidental opening when storing or carrying in your pocket.
Centroinstrument 0133 is equipped with comfortable aluminum handles with rubber anti-slip coating: lever and loop, providing convenient and reliable capture. Secateurs total length 175 mm The miniature tool is ideal for working with thick shoots shrubs, trees, for cutting flowers.
You can buy Centroinstrument 0133 on average for 600 rubles – lowest price in the category.
- Compact size and weight;
- Opening lock;
- Precision sharpened titanium blades;
- Rubberized handles with a loop for fingers;
- Powerful ratchet mechanism for a compact tool;
- Low price.
- Not suitable for working with thick branches and with a diameter of 20 mm copes with the effort.
The best secateurs with a power mechanism
The power mechanism is based on the principle of a lever with redistribution incoming force directly at the handles. Such a tool can cut a branch at a time with a single tap, pruner more versatile and reliable even compared to ratchet drive, but also the cost of products is much higher.
FISKARS Garden Pro P90
FISKARS Garden Pro Power Sector Rating Leader P90 with flat steel blades coated with a protective spraying. When using the tool significantly increases value of the pulse of pressing, you can cut the branch from one time diameter up to 26 mm, so it’s strange that the manufacturer characterizes the pruner as a decorator for hedges, trees for nothing. Handles are made of durable plastic, their convenient shape also enhances pressing and prevents the tool from slipping out hands.
Product length 230 mm with a weight of 300 grams, this is optimal combination for long work with dry and live branches in fast mode, which is facilitated by a belt spring that quickly returns blades to the working open position after cutting. For safety design provides blade retainer.
The average price of FISKARS Garden Pro P90 is about 2 800 rubles.
- Suitable for cutting thick branches;
- The anti-slip coating of the blades also protects against scratches;
- Tape spring return blades;
- Convenient handles;
- Perfect sharpening.
- High price.
RACO 4206-53 / 143S
In second place rating secateurs with power drive RACO 4206-53 / 143S, designed to work with branches with a diameter of only up to 20 mm. This is due to the design of the tool: length 210 mm, weight 340 gr Spring used tape, more reliable compared to with wire, steel plane curved blades with precision sharpening and protective coating if necessary blocked from disclosure.
RACO 4206-53 / 143S secateurs handles are made of aluminum, therefore significant pressure is safe for them. From slipping in hands protects the pleasant touch coating of the handles and the relief under the fingers on lower handle; swivel handle with optional changes in the angle in the hand to 900. The manufacturer determines RACO secateurs as a tool for hedge trimming but also with spring pruning of fruit trees there are no problems, judging according to reviews of summer residents.
The price of RACO 4206-53 / 143S starts at 772 rubles.
- Convenient handles with a rotary handle;
- Belt spring;
- Hardened steel blades with a protective coating;
- Powerful lever mechanism with a secateurs length of 210 mm;
- Low price.
- Not defined.
WOLF-Garten RS 2500
In third place is the WOLF-Garten RS 2500 secateurs with straight lines. contact blades that can bite a branch with a diameter of up to 25 mm by means of a power drive. The length of the tool 19 cm, and weight 210 gr. – The lightest model in the category. Steel the blades are sharpened perfectly, they are suitable for decoration of bushes and hedges, but working with them for a long time is not fully convenient: non-slip plastic handles straight without relief and protrusion under the anatomy of the hand, but suitable for right-handed people, and for left-handed people, equipped with a thrust plate and blade clamp for opening warnings unnecessarily.
In general, the WOLF-Garten RS 2500 secateurs are a universal tool for pruning tree branches and shrubs in a garden plot, but not in large volumes. You can buy it from 1130 rubles.
- Cuts thick branches up to 25 mm;
- Reliable steel blades;
- Robust construction and powerful drive.
- Not the most comfortable fit in the hand.
Closes the rating in the category of power secateurs the most modest GRINDA 8-423001 tool capable of cutting branches only up to 18 mm in diameter, although the total length of 210 mm and weight of 260 grams are identical more powerful models discussed earlier. His purpose is decoration of bushes and cutting flowers, with these works the tool copes well, and in the hand it sits like a glove: aluminum thin handles are bent, do not slip thanks to a covering, significant effort is not required when they are compressed, and the blade spreads back tape spring.
The blades deserve special attention: they are flat, made of hardened steel with additional protective coated, curved. No protruding fibers are left when cutting. tight connection of two cutting blades. Pruning shears without sharpening more than one season, does not require special handling skills and does not tired hand at work.
You can buy GRINDA 8-423001 quite inexpensively – from 214 rubles.
- The most affordable price in the category;
- Blades do not blunt for a long time;
- Suitable for cutting thin branches and stems of flowers;
- Convenient handles.
- The blade lock is not the most reliable.
Best Battery Secateurs
To work with thick branches, to eliminate thin-bore trees and their shoots in large quantities are much more convenient use an electric pruner in which the blades snap together yourself, as soon as the gardener presses the lever or button after pointing to the “target”. Devices are especially relevant for the elderly people caring for the garden who have problems with joints and frequent mixing of the handles of a regular secateurs for them problematic.
Wolf Garten Li-Ion Power RR 3000
The most powerful and sought after among electric pruners is a Wolf Garten Li-Ion Power RR 3000 device with a margin energy for 800 slices, that is, for a season or two or more. Apparatus able to work with branches whose diameter does not exceed 15 mm. is he lightweight – only 800 g., comfortably sits in the hand – anatomical handle anti-slip molds. Design moderately protected from water, so work can be carried out even in wet weather.
One moving blade, after the trigger is launched, closes to the fixed part, neatly arranging the cut, but for many this process seems slow, but the low speed is due to the technique safety, which is especially important for the elderly. With another side, time for closing the handles of a mechanical tool Spent no less.
1.1 Ah Li-Ion Power Pack 4 Battery Pack charged with a complete network cable, secateurs are stored in durable plastic case. Buy Wolf Garten Li-Ion Power RR 3000 can be from 6 900 rubles.
- Large battery capacity;
- Convenient handle with a rubber coating;
- Work reserve for 800 slices;
- Conveniently located trigger trigger mechanism.
- High price;
- It can cut only thin branches up to 15 mm.
Another representative of battery secateurs in our ranking RYOBI RLP416 cuts bush branches and young shoots with a diameter up to 16 mm, which is only 1 mm more than the leader. Distinctive feature 4 V lithium-ion battery, 1.5 A ∙ h – lack of self-discharge, that is, energy is saved even when the tool is not used, enough capacity season of active use, but not more than 500 slices.
The device weighs 700 grams, rubberized with GripZone material it is convenient to hold the handle in your hand, cutting off branches with a single-sided knife and shoots, the device is especially useful when eliminating shoots in root zone. The device can be stored on a hook in a suspended position. form, for this there is a special hole on the end. Unfortunately, case for storage and transportation is not included.
The average price of RYOBI RLP416 5,200 rubles.
- Lack of battery self-discharge;
- Stock of slices for 500 cycles;
- Light weight 700 gr.;
- Protection against accidental activation by a blocker;
- Relatively affordable price.
- Slow flattening of blades;
- Small permitted branch cut diameter.
The best manual grafting secateurs
Specialized tool for breeders grafting secateurs makes a neat cut of the scion cuttings and cuts on the stock, which perfectly fit in shape and size. Thus succeeds to achieve perfect pairing of two living parts and their quick splicing. A low degree of rejection of vaccinations is noted. Other the name of such a pruner is a grafting knife.
The leader in the ranking of secateurs for plant grafting WIPRO 07-001. is he equipped with the most convenient pear-shaped blade, thanks to which strong-joint joint is formed by cuttings and stocks, it does not reinforcement is required, only ligation to complete splice.
The tool can work with branches with a diameter of up to 12 mm, moreover for each shoot, the bite width is adjusted by gear on anvil at the bottom of the latch. Power secateurs drive conventional lever type, so the pressure is enhanced by the mechanism and no problems with branch cuts. Blades made of durable carbon steel with a high degree of sharpening, because in vaccination is important accuracy. In addition to the design of stock and scion the tool can remove shoots and branches, using it as universal device. Fiberglass handles, particularly durable and comfortable to grip.
The price of WIPRO 07-001 is quite affordable – about 900 rubles.
- Suitable for both conventional undercuts and for decoration vaccination of cuttings;
- Sharpened carbon steel blade;
- Anvil for convenient cutting of the handle;
- Does not require strong pressure – the lever system works;
- Makes the perfect mix of stock and scion;
- There is a blade lock.
- Return spring wire.
Center tool FINLAND 1455
Grafting secateurs from the company closes the rating The central tool universal FINLAND 1455 model. It is suitable for cutting branches with a diameter of up to 19 mm and making vaccinations with a blade plain teflon coated steel rounded, but not as reliable as the leader’s pear, therefore the tool takes only second place. Handles slightly bent the shapes sit comfortably in the hand, they are made of durable fiber-polymer nylon and fiberglass.
To cut the scion graft correctly and accurately, it fits on the anvil with a movable regulator that will securely fix twig under the blade.
Buy vaccination secateurs FINLAND 1455 from the Center tool You can from 1,300 rubles.
- Secateurs for the design of scion, stock and cut branches;
- Handy grip handles fiberglass;
- Sharp Teflon-coated blades;
- Grab branches up to 19 mm;
- Anvil adjustable in height to fix the branch.
- A wire spring weakening after a few seasons.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.