Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
The number of crossovers and SUVs on the roads of Russia continues to grow. This vehicle category requires a special type of tire that manufacturers usually designate in marked with a combination of three letters SUV. However, to navigate only it is not necessary for marking, since not every rubber has the necessary a set of technical specifications. And they must take into account such factors like the high center of gravity of the car and off-road driving. Having got acquainted with the recommendations of our experts, make a choice summer tires for the crossover will be easier.
- Recommendations for choosing summer tires for the crossover
- Rating of the best summer tires for crossovers
- MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV
- Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV
- Yokohama Parada Spec-X
- GOODYEAR EfficientGrip SUV
- Pirelli P Zero SUV
- Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
- Nokian Tires Hakka Black 2 SUV
- Dunlop Grandtrek PT3
- Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055
- Toyo Proxes CF2 SUV
Recommendations for choosing summer tires for the crossover
- Cost. In the Russian market, a wide assortment of summer tires for off-road equipment. Among them are very good models, but their price is too high for the average motorist. Therefore should push off from your budget, especially since in our rating there are decent representatives of tires, both the premium segment and economy class.
- Dimension. Although the models presented in the review are widely represented in the distribution network, motorists in reviews complain about lack of the required size. The most popular are following sizes: 215/65 R16, 235/65 R17, 225/55 R18. To motorists who have crossovers riding such rubber, the richest choice is provided.
- Sustainability. One of the main differences between the crossover conventional wagon is high ground clearance. Because of this the center of gravity is shifted up, and the car loses stability when performing sharp maneuvers. Therefore, you should choose tires with taking into account their stability when cornering or rebuilding.
- Traction. The weight of off-road equipment is more than in most passenger cars. Therefore, during acceleration or deceleration Improved adhesion of rubber to the roadway is required. it achieved in many ways, most often manufacturers do the rubber is softer.
- Strength. Most crossover owners bought a car for driving on bad roads. Therefore, tires should be very durable to withstand bumps, potholes, curbs, stones and etc. Particular attention should be paid to the sidewalls, because on them most often hernias and cuts appear.
- Patency. To crossover confidently overcome dirt, sand, as well as snowdrifts that suddenly appeared from the tread the porridge mass should be removed in a timely manner. With frequent off-road driving should give preference to tires with directional tread pattern.
- Year-round seasonality. Not all motorists exploit crossovers in the winter. Therefore, for single trips it makes no sense buy another set of tires. Consequently, summer tires must have all-weather qualities. This rubber is different softness, which is maintained even at low temperatures.
- Wear resistance. When buying summer tires should consider riding style. With frequent acceleration and braking it is better give preference to wear-resistant models, even if they are inferior competitors in other aspects. Otherwise, the service life will be limited. several years.
We have selected the review of the top 10 best summer tires for crossovers. All they are sold in the trading network of Russia. When allocating seats the opinion of the expert community and reviews of domestic motorists.
Rating of the best summer tires for crossovers
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||rating|
|Rating of the best summer tires for crossovers||1||MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV||5.0|
|2||Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV||4.9|
|3||Yokohama Parada Spec-X||4.8|
|4||GOODYEAR EfficientGrip SUV||4.7|
|5||Pirelli P Zero SUV||4.6|
|6||Vredestein Ultrac Vorti||4.5|
|7||Nokian Tires Hakka Black 2 SUV||4.4|
|8||Dunlop Grandtrek PT3||4.3|
|9||Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055||4.2|
|10||Toyo Proxes CF2 SUV||4.1|
MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV
Extended operating time interval has French tires MICHELIN CrossClimate SUV. Tires are different directional pattern of a two-layer tread, which is excellent removes water from the contact patch. Manufacturer reinforced double frame mesh, such a step allowed to evenly distribute the load. Experts praised 3D adhesion enhancing lamellas slippery rubber. Given the softness of the tires, You can operate the car even on the first snow. Model recognized as the winner of our rating.
Motorists praise tires for comfort, safety, universality. The crossover works well on wet roads Riding is quiet. Tires are not afraid of any dirt roads, not dirt. Among the disadvantages include accelerated wear.
- soft rubber;
- directional tread pattern;
- reinforced frame;
- low noise.
- accelerated wear.
Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV
German Continental ContiSportContact 5 SUV tires hit on the podium of our rating for super-efficient braking. To reach high adhesion to the road surface the developers succeeded due to the unique Black rubber formula Chilli. The secret to excellent adhesion lies in the instant heating the tread under load. Increases efficiency braking and special relief of the shoulder parts of the tire. The experts note noiseless rubber, good handling, protection drive.
Domestic motorists rather strictly evaluate abilities of German tires. Since the cost of rubber is high, then users would like the wear to be less rapid. Besides in addition, microcracks appear in a few years, through which the air leaves the wheel.
- excellent handling;
- effective braking;
- high price;
- quick wear.
Yokohama Parada Spec-X
All the necessary parameters for a safe crossover ride possesses Japanese rubber Yokohama Parada Spec-X. Tires have directional tread pattern that wears evenly. Thanks to good grip, tires allow you to quickly accelerate and brake effectively. On wet road tires provides good controllability due to timely withdrawal water from the contact patch. Experts note the softness of the tires, which allows you to operate the crossover in southern winters.
The model receives the bronze of our rating for excellent running properties. Users note a great combination of price and quality, Rubber holds the car well in the corners. Of the minuses noted increased noise as tire wear.
- good running properties;
- excellent handling.
- over time, noise appears.
GOODYEAR EfficientGrip SUV
Many advanced developments were introduced by German engineers and chemists in GOODYEAR EfficientGrip SUV summer tires. International experts praised the performance of the tires, which is confirmed many awards from various exhibitions and from reputable publications. Reduce the coefficient of resistance to rolling and reduce weight helped FuelSaving Technology. The inclusion of silicon-containing polymer positively affected the wear resistance of tires. The lateral part of the tires has increased durability due to reinforced frame.
Domestic motorists praise German rubber for its softness and patency. Tires show good wet grip roadbed, they are not afraid of collisions with borders. Of deficiencies noted deterioration in handling on the ground the road.
- strong sidewalls.
- poor handling on a dirt road.
Pirelli P Zero SUV
Italian tires Pirelli P Zero SUV designed for the most powerful SUVs and sports cars. The company has implemented a number of secret developments that make tires unique. Tread has an asymmetric pattern, externally the design for water drainage is not inspires confidence. But thanks to technology that has 9 patents, The tire effectively resists aquaplaning. To evenly distribute the load in the contact patch, the manufacturer spent computer optimization. S-shaped grooves are responsible for low noise level, and three rigid ribs in the center of the tread provide excellent grip.
The fifth place in our rating is explained by a very high price. Therefore, in Russia there are few fans of this Italian rubber.
- excellent handling;
- uniform tread wear;
- innovative technologies.
- high price.
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
Tires Vredestein Ultrac Vorti showed their worth during tests of the German magazine Auto Bild. Rubber from the Netherlands took honorable second place, winning in such nominations as side stability on wet asphalt and braking on dry surfaces. Experts also praised the tires for their low noise, handling on dry and wet asphalt, braking on wet on the pavement. The weaknesses of the experts included resistance to aquaplaning and profitability. The model is in the top 6 of our rating for value for money.
Russian motorists are satisfied with the stability of the crossover, excellent behavior of the car in the rain and in the heat. By cons should attributed rapid wear, the appearance of microcracks after several years operation.
- stability on the road;
- good handling;
- effective braking;
- affordable price.
- low resistance to aquaplaning;
- quick wear.
Nokian Tires Hakka Black 2 SUV
Finnish Nokian tires recognized as one of the best novelties of 2018 Tires Hakka Black 2 SUV. Tires are suitable for urban crossovers, and for real off-road conquerors. The experts appreciated the quick adaptation of tires for road terms. The manufacturer reinforced the sidewalls with aramid fiber, has developed a special rubber composition that has a high resistance to punctures and cuts. Among the many advantages motorists were able to detect flaws. They didn’t allow tires take a higher place in the ranking.
First of all, users are unpleasantly surprised by the high level noise. Not happy potential buyers and the high price. But tire longevity motorists set as an example to others to manufacturers.
- strong sidewalls;
- wear resistance;
- effective water drainage.
- high price;
Dunlop Grandtrek PT3
Excellent maneuverability and directional stability British tires Dunlop Grandtrek PT3. Experts highlighted soft passing roughness, confident behavior on a clay road after the rain. The key to decent tire parameters has become optimized tread pattern. For efficient water drainage from contact spots correspond to 2 pairs of wide circumferential grooves. Good lateral grip during cornering provides a double rib stiffness in the center. To achieve uniform distribution pressure, tires received a rounded profile.
The main attractive factor for Russian motorists became the low price of rubber. Of the shortcomings of the model, users High noise levels. Tires are in eighth place rating.
- affordable price;
- excellent maneuverability;
- soft passage of irregularities;
- effective water drainage.
- high noise level.
Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055
When creating summer tires Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 Japanese manufacturer has developed a new technology Blue Earth. IN according to it, the components for cooking were selected rubber compound. Due to this, it was possible to reduce the weight of the tires. Experts liked the tire wear resistance, low noise and affordable price. Successfully Japanese engineers designed the drawing tread, he improved directional stability. Responsible for the dynamics wide rib in the center of the tread with S-shaped notches.
Users praise the tires for their softness, comfort during the reviews. ride, low noise, affordable price. Ninth place in the ranking due to increased fuel consumption and stuck pebbles in lamellas.
- unique rubber compound;
- low price;
- wear resistance;
- good directional stability.
- increased fuel consumption;
- pebbles get stuck in the tread.
Toyo Proxes CF2 SUV
Competent pricing is another Japanese manufacturer. Summer tires for Toyo Proxes CF2 SUV crossovers on peers compete in Russia with more famous brands. Rubber proved itself to be a strong middling, strengths which is considered excellent handling and tread resistance to wear and tear. At the same time, experts are surprised by the softness of tires and effective braking. These qualities are achieved due to the branded staff. Nano Balance containing a lot of silica. But at low temperature noise appears, the rubber becomes stiff.
Tires close the top ten best summer tires for crossovers. The last place in the ranking is due to the rather weak sidewall. Some car owners complain that after a fast drive (140 km / h) hernia appears on poor coverage.
- acceptable price;
- does not notice a rut;
- good handling.
- afraid of low temperature;
- weak sidewalls.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.