Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
German company STIHL – one of the largest manufacturers motorized construction equipment and tools. Her products differs in the highest quality that is caused by assembly in European countries. In addition, technology from this company innovative, practical and based on unique technologies.
To help navigate the vast assortment of this companies, we have made a rating of the 10 best Stihl chain saws, which are suitable for both home masters and professionals in areas of carpentry and logging industry.
- Rating of the best Stihl saws
- Best Stihl Electric Saws
- Stihl MSE 250 C-Q-16
- Stihl MSE 170 C-Q
- Stihl MSE 141 C-Q-14
- Best Stihl Gas Saws
- Stihl MS 880-36
- Stihl MS 661-28
- Stihl MS 361-18
- Stihl MS 260
- Stihl ms 211
- Stihl MS 180-14
- Best Stihl Cordless Saws
- Stihl MSA 140 C-BQ-AK30-AL101
Rating of the best Stihl saws
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|Best Stihl Electric Saws||1||Stihl MSE 250 C-Q-16||29 990 rub.|
|2||Stihl MSE 170 C-Q||14 990 rub.|
|3||Stihl MSE 141 C-Q-14||8 990 rub.|
|Best Stihl Gas Saws||1||Stihl MS 880-36||96 990 rub.|
|2||Stihl MS 661-28||66,490 rubles|
|3||Stihl MS 361-18||36 890 rub.|
|4||Stihl MS 260||26 150 rub.|
|5||Stihl ms 211||17 390 rub.|
|6||Stihl MS 180-14||11 490 rub.|
|Best Stihl Cordless Saws||1||Stihl MSA 140 C-BQ-AK30-AL101||30 490 rub.|
Best Stihl Electric Saws
Stihl MSE 250 C-Q-16
Why she: One of the most powerful electric chainsaws in the world.
The main advantage of this saw is the highest power. It is 2.5 kilowatts, which is almost a record indicator. Saw easily copes with any kind of wood, including hard ones (oak, beech, birch, larch and many others). Due to this, it is suitable for most carpentry and logging operations.
The chain saw is equipped with a proprietary soft-start drive. Due to this, the load on the hands during operation is reduced and safety of use is increased. Also soft start increases its operational period, reducing functional wear elements of the device.
Another proprietary functional element is the chain brake. is he reliable and stops rotation almost instantly.
The saw is equipped with a 40-centimeter tire (however, it is also available configuration with a 45-centimeter). Chain pitch – 3/8 inch.
- High power – 2500 W, a leader in the chain segment power saw;
- Low weight – 5.8 kg with mounted tire and chain;
- Signature chain brake that stops it instantly.
- High noise level is 105 dB. Recommended to work in protective headphones.
Stihl MSE 170 C-Q
Why is she: Lightweight electric chain saw with optimal for most power tasks.
This Stihl model combines the optimum power and high ergonomics. It is equipped with branded drive with soft start. And its power is 1.7 kW, which enough for quick and accurate processing of soft wood, semi-solid and some hard rocks.
The drive is controlled by an electronic control system. She is not only signals overloads, but also increases the level of safety at use. QuickStop Super Proprietary Chain Brake System (indicated on the model label as C-Q) stops rotation instantly, protecting from injury or damage to the device itself.
With optimal power, the saw is also ergonomic design that reduces user fatigue even with continuous operation. The mass of the device is only 4.2 kg with a 30-centimeter tire and chain installed.
- Well-developed lubrication system (the tank opens without tool, transparent tank, optimal consumption of materials);
- Ergonomic design and low weight;
- Instant chain stop when releasing the rear handle.
- A relatively small tire 30 centimeters long;
- Short stock power cable (50 centimeters, suitable for use only with an extension cord, including branded ones).
Stihl MSE 141 C-Q-14
Why is it: Low price, optimal power to power ratio cost.
Stihl MSE 141 C-Q-14 – the cheapest electric saw company in the ranking. But, despite the low cost, it offers a very good performance. In addition to branded ergonomic design that reduces the load on the hands, the device is optimal for most home and construction work with a capacity of 1.4 kW. That’s enough for quick processing of soft and semi-hard wood species. However, a solid saw can also cope, unless on their sawing will take a little longer.
Proprietary chain quick brake system stops it instantly, immediately after releasing the rear handle. It is significantly increases safety during operation. Also the saw is equipped convenient lubrication system, a 35-centimeter cloth and a chain with 3/8 inch increments. The device weighs only 3.6 without a bus kg
- Electronic engine protection with LED overload alarm;
- Well-designed chain lubrication system, oil tank is enough for 40-50 minutes of continuous operation;
- Stable power regardless of the thickness of the workpiece and rock wood.
- Short power cable (length 50 centimeters, required extension);
- Inertial moment, there is no soft starter system for getting rid of him.
Best Stihl Gas Saws
Stihl MS 880-36
Why she: Very high power, long tire.
This chainsaw is primarily focused on holding logging operations. This explains its power – the most high in rating, is 6.4 kilowatts (equivalent to 8.7 Horse power); and the maximum length of the complete tire, equal to 91 centimeter. Thanks to this, a gasoline saw easily copes even with thick hardwood trunks.
Moreover, the device is very ergonomic. With unfilled a gas tank, but with this installed bus and chain saw weighs just 9.9 kg The body is very well balanced, there is no advantage It is not necessary to hold the tool separately. Ergonomics the vibration reduction system also increases, which also reduces load on the hands.
The saw is also equipped with a decompression valve, which provides easy start-up even in cold weather. A cooling system engine reduces motor load, prolonging the time non-stop work even in the heat.
- One of the most powerful gasoline chain saws in the world (6.4 kW);
- Perfect balance, lack of advantage;
- Easy start in frost, long work in the heat.
- High cost. But it’s worth considering that this is a tool professional class, the price will be anyway high;
- High noise level (up to 115 dB), due to the powerful engine.
Stihl MS 661-28
Why is she: Forestry gasoline chain saw with the optimal combination of price and performance.
Stihl professional chain saw for forestry works that stand out favorably with the optimal combination of price and technical specifications. The built-in motor is powerful 5.8 kW (equivalent to 7.2 horsepower), which is enough for felling hardwood trees. The tire length is 71 centimeters, moreover a 3/8 inch chain is used which ensures smooth and smooth cut regardless of cutting conditions.
Like other professional Stihl chainsaws, this model excellent balance without overloading any parts corps. Therefore, when using the device, the hands get tired less. Additionally, ergonomics are enhanced by the anti-vibration system, which reduces the load on the hands.
An important advantage of the device is the proprietary chain brake. At releasing the rear handle of the saw, the rotation stops practically immediately, the inertial movement lasts a few seconds.
- System for starting the engine in cold weather and protecting it from overheating in the heat;
- High power of 5.8 kW;
- High ergonomics, due to which fatigue prolonged use is almost invisible.
- Relatively high noise level (up to 110 dB), due to powerful built-in motor;
- An “instantaneous” chain brake lasts a few seconds.
Stihl MS 361-18
Why is she: A semi-professional saw suitable for most construction and carpentry.
Semi-professional top model using. It will find application at a construction site, in carpentry or carpentry workshops. For forestry operations fits a little less – but not because of power, but because relatively short tires. Its length is 45 centimeters, as a result there is a restriction on the diameter of the barrel – thick Felling trees with it will simply be inconvenient.
Saw power is also optimal for the semi-professional use and is 3.4 kW (equivalent to 4.6 horsepower forces). At the same time, the device weighs relatively little – 5.6 kilograms without installed chain and bus, and thanks to careful balance does not lead to fatigue, even with prolonged use.
Ergonomics also increase the anti-vibration system, and thanks to the proprietary chain brake when the handle is released also safe.
- Stable power regardless of wood species (maintained on thick logs of such varieties as, for example, birch);
- Reliability, durability, trouble-free start and use in any conditions;
- Effective vibration damping system.
- The high cost of repair (leveled by a rare service service and availability of spare parts);
- The complexity of self-repair.
Stihl MS 260
Why she: Ease of use, clean cut, suitable for rolls of medium-sized trees.
Almost universal gasoline chain saw, which one of the best price-performance ratios in your segment rating. Thanks to a 2.4 kW engine (equivalent to 3.2 horsepower) it copes well with almost any kind of wood, including some hard, and 0.325 inch chain used for clean and smooth slice. This saw is also suitable for finishing workpieces.
The length of the tire supplied with the tool is 40 centimeters. But, if necessary, you can do it yourself replace it with a 50-centimeter. Power and processing speed wood will be preserved, making the saw suitable for and logging operations.
Like other models of the company, the device is characterized by increased ergonomics without overweight and vibration suppression system for reduce the load on the hands. There is also a proprietary chain brake.
- Long uptime with proper operation and regular maintenance;
- Comfortable noise level;
- Easy start in all weather conditions.
- Bad air filter design leading to its clogging up. It is required to clean regularly;
- Vibration damping system on rubber shock absorbers, Soft start is required so as not to damage them.
Stihl ms 211
Why she: A budget saw with adaptation to winter conditions and high ergonomics.
One of the cheapest chainsaws in the ranking, adapted for operation in winter conditions. Special system carburetor preheating makes starting up easy even in severe frosts. But in the summer, you can turn it off, to reduce the thermal load on components and extend operation period. Switch between winter and summer modes work requires one movement.
At the same time, the chainsaw saw is powerful enough for most construction and carpentry – it is equipped with a 1.7 engine kilowatts (equivalent to 2.2 horsepower). The motor is supplemented a system of bypass channels that increase efficiency and reduce consumption fuel. The length of the tire is 40 centimeters, the chain pitch is 3/8 inches.
Like other high-end Stihl saws, this model is equipped with vibration damping system on rubber cushioning pads and a proprietary chain brake that stops rotation in seconds.
- Quick start system, start up even with a hand, preliminary carburetor heating;
- High quality vibration damping system, saw motionless and does not “hit” in the hands;
- Very light – it weighs just 4.3 kilograms without a tire and chain.
- The plastic case, however, is resistant to shock;
- Small gas tank (0.28 liters);
- Relatively high fuel consumption.
Stihl MS 180-14
Why is it: Low price and low weight.
One of the cheapest gasoline chain saws – as in the ranking, as well as in the Stihl product line. But its low price primarily due to the reduced power drive. The remaining functional units and elements are just as high-quality, as in the more expensive (top) models.
In particular, this lightweight, compact and balanced chainsaw equipped with a 1.5 kW motor (equivalent to 2 horsepower forces). This is enough for most construction and carpentry works, as well as sawing down trees and shrubs on a personal plot. The chainsaw is equipped with a 35-centimeter tire and a chain with 3/8 inch pitch for a smooth and smooth cut.
The saw is also equipped with a proprietary chain brake system, which stops rotation in a few seconds – immediately after release the rear handle.
- Low weight of only 3.9 kilograms without a tire and chains;
- Low fuel consumption thanks to an updated engine;
- Power is maintained at any load.
- Vibration suppression system on rubber pads;
- No primer;
- Rapid air filter contamination due to failure orders.
Best Stihl Cordless Saws
Stihl MSA 140 C-BQ-AK30-AL101
Why she: High performance, maneuverability.
Despite the fact that the power of this saw due to power from the battery varies and is not specified by the developer, device performance remains high. The tool is not only suitable for trimming shrubs or trees, but also for full-fledged construction and carpentry, including with semisolid types of wood.
The main advantage of the saw is its maneuverability, which is achieved in through the use of a 30-centimeter tire of a special form, with narrowing at the end. Moreover, the device also has a high autonomy. One charge of the complete battery is enough for about 45 minutes of work.
The saw is light. It weighs just 2.5 kilograms with the tire installed and chain, but without battery – it adds about 1 kilogram masses. Like previous models, the device is equipped with a system emergency chain brake – stops instantly immediately after releasing the handle.
- Lightweight, compact, maneuverable;
- Long battery life (about 45 minutes), fast battery charging;
- It is very quiet.
- Unstable power;
- Unlike previous models in the ranking, only suitable for small housework and simple carpentry operations.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.