Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Parquet is a noble floor covering, always different beautiful view and timeless style. But the floorboard, for maintaining beauty and protection, requires varnish coating, applied on top in several layers. We did a study and We present the rating of the best parquet varnishes, based on analysis of the characteristics of the goods and reviews of those who tested them. The material will help you choose a varnish that is optimal in price and quality, for protection of the new parquet or restoration of the old after grinding.
- How to choose a varnish for parquet
- Rating of the best parquet varnishes
- TIKKURILA Euro Kiri
- Düfa PREMIUM PU PARQUET LAQUER D333
- Parade Professional L50 Aqua Parquet
- 3V3 Vitrificateur Protection
- Tikkurila Unica Super
- Tikkurila taika glow
- Dulux Celco Yacht 90
- Eurotex Premium Rogneda
- Luxens Rugged
- Tex Pro Aqua
How to choose a varnish for parquet
Before rating the best varnishes, we will briefly review tips on the choice of goods, so that the declared benefits are clear. Top a transparent coating for parquet is selected based on the following characteristics:
- The basis. The main substance from which the varnish is made. There are several types: water (dries quickly), polyurethane (high adhesion, wear resistance), with acid hardeners (better exhibit wood pattern), alkyd (beautiful, but faster erased).
- Smell. Polyurethane has a pronounced chemical smell and with an acid hardener. If parquet repairs are carried out in summer, then, keeping the windows open for a couple of days, the problem is solved. But with coating in winter, where the temperature difference is unacceptable, choose a varnish on water based.
- Drying time. Affects the application process of several layers and putting the premises into operation. Varies from 3 to 24 hours, and final hardness can occur in 5-14 days.
- Color. There are parquet varnishes completely transparent, and others give a yellow or amber color, which changes the tone wood.
- Gloss degree. The substance after drying appears as silky matt, semi-gloss, glossy, semi-gloss, matte.
- Resistance to mechanical stress. By degree abrasion resistance varnishes are divided for rooms with low cross (bedrooms, hall), medium (corridor, kitchen) and high (dance halls, bars, conference rooms).
- Combustibility There are products that do not support combustion, while while others are able to ignite after drying when the presence of nearby fire.
- Application Method. The coating is applied by brush, roller or spray, but some types are so moody that they can support only one specific way, otherwise leave drips and the surface wrinkles.
Rating of the best parquet varnishes
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price per liter|
|Rating of the best parquet varnishes||1||TIKKURILA Euro Kiri||605 rub|
|2||Düfa PREMIUM PU PARQUET LAQUER D333||522 rub|
|3||Parade Professional L50 Aqua Parquet||775 rub|
|4||3V3 Vitrificateur Protection||650 rub|
|5||Tikkurila Unica Super||929 rub|
|6||Tikkurila taika glow||4 399 rub.|
|7||Dulux Celco Yacht 90||850 rub|
|8||Eurotex Premium Rogneda||440 rub.|
|9||Luxens Rugged||680 rub|
|10||Tex Pro Aqua||175 rub|
Keeping in mind the features of parquet varnish, let’s move on to the rating the best, in which experts rated certain characteristics, and Users have confirmed their quality and service life in reviews.
TIKKURILA Euro Kiri
The first place in the ranking is occupied by Finnish parquet lacquer manufacturer. Floor coverings are available from packaged in 1, 2.7 and 9 liters. This is a one-component varnish with alkyd-urethane base that needs to be diluted solvent before use. When applied in several layers forms a reliable sheeting for a parquet, and also levels the surface. Caring for the varnish is permitted by ordinary detergents. The product is completely transparent and conveys a picture. wood, but it can be tinted up to 30 tones, for which The manufacturer provides a table on the official website.
We put parquet varnish in the rating due to the high environmental product purity, as evidenced by the presence of a certificate. In his The composition includes components of natural wood resin. Another substance It has excellent transparency and does not turn yellow over time, which users confirm with their reviews.
- supports all painting methods (roller, brush, spray);
- high transparency;
- compatible with all types of wood for parquet;
- tolerates detergents well.
- not suitable for wear resistance for rooms with high patency;
- high price;
- consumption of 1 liter per 12 m2 in one layer;
- dries 24 hours at a humidity of 50%.
Düfa PREMIUM PU PARQUET LAQUER D333
Second place in the ranking is a product from a German company Dufa. Parquet protection agent available in polyurethane base and diluted with water. One component substance is different glossy gloss after drying, which occurs already after 12 hours. The masters in the reviews share that the varnish is applied equally good both with a spray gun and a roller. The goods are sold in small capacity of 0.75 and 2.5 liters. When coating the varnish evenly spreads over the surface and does not form spots.
In our opinion, parquet varnish from this manufacturer has earned place in the ranking of the best due to its durability. Means It is designed for rooms with high traffic and will last a long time. The structure of the varnish is able to withstand the fall of solid objects and maintain integrity. Another product is characterized by the presence of protection against UV rays, so direct exposure to the sun through an open window does not will hurt what owners like in reviews.
- the tool is easily cleaned with water after coating;
- extra strong surface;
- drying time 12 hours;
- application in any convenient way;
- the elasticity of the material.
- only in containers up to 2.5 l, which is not enough for a room of 20-30 m2;
- high price;
- unpleasant odor during operation;
- for one layer per 12 m2 1 liter is required.
Parade Professional L50 Aqua Parquet
The third place in the ranking is occupied by parquet varnish produced in Russia, but from imported materials. At the core is acrylic-urethane copolymer incorporated in the form of an aqueous dispersion. By The glitter company offers this product with three effects: matte, semi-gloss and glossy. The flooring is completely transparent and tolerates exposure to detergents. If by chance spill water, then the varnish will not let it pass to the board. Users in reviews recommend diluting the varnish with water 1: 1 for the primer, and then apply two layers to make the parquet look great.
Our experts included the product in the rating of the best because of the short drying time. At a temperature of 20 degrees on the stick surface not taken after an hour. Grinding can be done after 6 hours, and walk on the parquet is allowed after 12 hours, and this is with humidity air 70%. Other varnishes need a drier climate of 50% and you can walk on them after only 24 hours. Rejection of the structure occurs after 5 days, which also exceeds the performance of analogues at least twice.
- dries in 12 hours (maximum);
- various packaging (0.75, 2.5 and 9 l);
- ecologicaly clean;
- certified for use in child care facilities.
- high consumption of 1 liter per 10 m2;
- average wear resistance;
- high price for domestic product.
3V3 Vitrificateur Protection
In fourth place in the ranking are products of the French manufacturer. This is a combined product of acrylic and polyurethane. Such the combination gives increased wear resistance and elasticity to resist cracking from impacts with hard objects or furniture movement. Parquet varnish is accompanied by a certificate Eco Label and recommended for residential and child care facilities. Suitable for all types of wood. It has no solvents, so for work it is not necessary to open all windows wide. Users in the reviews note that the varnish lays well even on the old layer other coating if you need to refresh and clean it scratches.
We added parquet lacquer to the rating as the most non-slippery. The combined composition of acrylic and polyurethane gives a surface with good grip with both home shoes and street shoes. It boosts safety, which is especially suitable where there are children and the elderly.
- dries off after 30 minutes, which speeds up the coating process parquet in three layers;
- no smell;
- service life of 7 years;
- colorless, but easily tinted.
- a small dry residue of 36% versus 40-46% in others;
- applied only with a roller or brush;
- quickly covered with small scratches from claws of domestic animals;
- dries completely after 24 hours.
Tikkurila Unica Super
This is another product in the ranking from the Finnish manufacturer. Lacquer for parquet, one-component, based on alkyd resin with urethane. For dilution to the desired consistency, use solvent. Inside the varnish contains components that slow down ultraviolet effect. The coating remains transparent and does not turn yellow. The product is environmentally friendly, but during operation a pronounced smell is present. After drying on the floor a uniform semi-matt layer is formed, corresponding to strength characteristics to its name Super. Masters in Reviews are divided that the product is easily applied to the floor with spray gun. If a brush is used, then the second layer evenly spreads without accumulation in one place.
We included varnish in the rating as having increased resistance to water. The manufacturer produces it with a picture of a ship’s helm and positions the product as a “yacht varnish”, not subject to moisture and the sun. Such a coating will last up to 10 years at the most intense operating conditions.
- universality in application;
- UV protection;
- increased water resistance;
- packaging from 0.9 to 9 liters.
- high price;
- there is a pronounced smell;
- between the layers, a drying time of 24 hours is required.
Tikkurila taika glow
The next product in the ranking is again from a Finnish company, but on this time, the highlight of the varnish is light accumulation. Product with water safe for breathing even during coating parquet. The substance is odorless. To dilute to liquid consistency will need water, which reduces the cost of protecting parquet. Apply varnish in all ways. Products for parquet are produced in containers of 0.33 and 1 liter, which is convenient for sealing scratches and chips, but worse in case of covering a large area (you will need to purchase a lot small cans).
Our experts noted parquet varnish due to its ability to accumulate light from natural or artificial sources. Then in in the dark, he gives back the accumulated rays a greenish tint for 6 hours. This is an interesting option for covering parquet in the nursery. room to add variety to it. It also enhances safety when applying in private corridors and stairs two-story house, in the dark it is better to see the relief of the floor.
- simple dilution with water;
- no smell during operation;
- perfectly sprayed with a spray gun with a nozzle diameter of 1.4-1.8 mm;
- heat resistant (withstands temperatures up to 85 degrees).
- highest price in the ranking;
- only available in small containers 0.33 and 1 liter;
- some yellowness is present;
- a small dry residue of 19%.
Dulux Celco Yacht 90
At this place in the TOP-10 is an English product, manufactured by the Dulux trademark. The product is also positioned as yacht varnish with high resistance to water and temperature extremes. A protective parquet coating is made of alkyd-urethane the basis to be diluted with a solvent. Suitable tool for drawing on a parquet not only in the enclosed space, but also on open terraces. But as noted by the masters in the reviews, the varnish dries long – up to 48 hours. But the top layer reliably protects the board from sun and water. After solidification, the substance becomes glossy. surface. No drips during operation, even when using the roller or brushes.
We have added parquet lacquer to the rating as another special stable appearance for application on floors in places of increased probability accumulations of water. Due to the fact that the manufacturer recommends the goods even for saunas, the product is perfect for the kitchen in the apartment or private home. Who has parquet in the bathroom, this varnish will also become a great way to protect it.
- weatherproof (suitable for outdoor parquet protection veranda, terrace or gazebo);
- colorless, preserving the natural pattern of parquet;
- can be used with humidity up to 80%;
- it can be stored closed for three years.
- drying time reaches 48 hours;
- high price;
- can not be applied to the old coating (only complete cleaning with grinding).
Eurotex Premium Rogneda
In eighth place in the ranking is the goods of a Russian company, made from alkyd-urethane base. This is a glossy varnish, which is applied by spray, roller or brush. To breed the substance is used solvent. The product is released in containers at 0.8, 2 and 10 liters. Suitable for all types of wood flooring boards. When working, it penetrates deeply into the structure of wood and reliably protects it from moisture. Unlike some famous brands the working process is allowed to be carried out at a temperature of +5 degrees (others from +10) and humidity 70%. If oil gets on the floor or weak acids will not remain if you immediately wipe the stain with a wet rag.
We included the varnish in the rating, because it helps a lot save on parquet protection. The masters in the reviews note that with thin application with a spray gun on the parquet can be covered with 1 liter 17 m2. Another price of varnish is much lower than imported analogues.
- deep penetration into the structure of the floorboard;
- emphasizes the natural pattern of the tree;
- resistant to household chemicals;
- holds water from passage into wood up to 48 hours.
- varnish has a moderate smoke-forming ability when exposed by fire;
- if the wood is wetter than 15%, then it must not be applied;
- Not suitable for coating on old layers.
At this point in the ranking is French varnish water based manufacturer. When working with parquet varnish there is no pronounced smell, and its dilution carried out by water. It is allowed to apply 2-3 layers in one day. Some users in the reviews say they tried to cover them parquet a year later in another layer, which also turned out perfectly. Lacquer it doesn’t penetrate much between the parquet planks, therefore stick together – if you need to remove a pair for replacement, then execute it will not be difficult.
This parquet varnish in the rating is the best in terms of price and quality. The product costs a little cheaper than other products, but at the same time manufactured in France. The increase in the name “Increased strength “really indicates the endurance of the upper layer when bumping or moving furniture. In reviews, owners They say that the varnish is not taken off after 30 minutes, therefore, you don’t have to wait long before hiding the second layer.
- no smell when used;
- resistant to water;
- quick drying (30-60 minutes between layers);
- strong top coat.
- not suitable for spray gun, which delays the process when large floor area;
- the temperature for processing parquet is allowed only in range of 12-25 degrees.
Tex Pro Aqua
We allocated the last place in the rating for the Russian product a company actively cooperating with Finnish manufacturers since 2006 This varnish is created on a water-soluble basis and is available in three packaging options: 0.9, 2.7 and 9 liters. The substance is colorless, but slightly darkens the wood. Developed color varnish options, where there are shades: oregon, mahogany, cherry, pine and mountain ash. Upper layer It turns out completely glossy. One-component varnish can be applied by any means and the expense is economical.
Our experts rated the product as antiseptic properties of glaze varnish. We recommend it for houses and apartments. on the first floors to prevent the development of fungus under the parquet. But due to the low strength with respect to mechanical loads Pro Aqua will have to be coated with another parquet varnish.
- it is possible to process a parquet board with a roller, sponge, brush and spray gun;
- consumption of 15 m2 per liter;
- diluted with water;
- lowest price in the category.
- tones wood, changing its natural color;
- on top you need a layer of more durable protective varnish.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.