Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Kite is a large kite designed to fly. to move a person in snow or water. This item equipment determines how successful and safe it will be athlete “walk”. In this ranking we represent the top 10 manufacturers of kites and tell you how to choose them correctly.
- How to choose a kite
- Rating of the best manufacturers of kites
- Top TOP Level Kite Makers
- Naish (Germany)
- CORE (Germany)
- Cabrinha (USA)
- Sling shot
- Top mid-range kite makers
- Liquid Force (USA)
- Ocean Rodeo (Canada)
- Flexifoil (UK)
- Top Cheap Kite Makers
- Advance (UK)
- Concept Air Caution (Canada)
How to choose a kite
All kites are divided into 2 main groups: parafoil and inflatable.
- Parafoils are analogues of paragliders. Their design makes up the fabric base and transverse ribs, united between into the aerodynamic profile, the shape of which creates a stream air entering through the air intakes on the leading edge. Parafoils are divided into 2 types:
- Closed ones fix the flow under the dome, it will be enough for time when air intake due to lack of wind is temporary has stopped. Keep the dome shape even when finding a kite on water for some time.
- Open models require skill and constant flow. the wind.
- Parafoils can be recommended for skating in the snow at low temperatures and frost below -200С, when driving along water surface during unstable wind flows, they are suitable for mastering the technique by beginners. However, complexity should be considered. gusty equipment control in a gusty wind.
- Freeride parafoils are more versatile and stable in handling, elongated more suitable for sports competitions and professional driving.
- Another group – inflatable kites, another name is – spray cans. Thomas domes such supported by forming hard frame with balloon sections filled with air. They have advanced wind range, resistance to various gusts of wind, conservation working position and its restoration after a fall. Inflatable kites differ in the shape of the dome, according to this sign conditionally divided into several main groups:
- C-profiles of a certain rectangular shape. The classic form involves hooking the lines to the edge of the ears of the kite. It is convenient to maneuver, turn around with such equipment, C-type in demand among athletes and extreme sportsmen flights.
- Arched are similar to the C-type, n differ in additional intermediate distribution. It makes the dome more manageable, but complicates the process of mastering skating for beginners, this type is recommended to purchase after 1-2 training seasons. Suitable for classes freestyle.
- Bow bow kite for firing front cylinder and perimeter, which makes it obedient when driving in any wind, even light. Suitable for beginners and experienced athletes for riding in light weather.
- Hybrid combines the functions of C-kite and bow. Curved dome shape like a bow arrow and sling attachment to the edges of the ears and the front balloon make the equipment comfortable for flying in any style at different speeds. Hybrid can recommend to a beginner for training in sling management, his often used by advanced professionals in competitions and stunts fights.
- The delta type of kite in the profile is similar to the letter D with much curved front and straight back bar. Equipment Ideal for beginner skating when the canopy constantly falls – it starts quickly and smoothly with smoothness back to working position. In terms of ease of operation, the delta similar to hybrid and bow.
In addition to the type of dome, it is important to consider the weight of the skating, from it both the size (area) and the rigidity of the kite design depend. In the features of the athlete’s body also take attention. By this reason not to miss the choice of expensive equipment, experts recommend trying your hand at a specialized school, where it is possible to test different types of domes and determine the best for yourself with the help of a professional the instructor.
Rating of the best manufacturers of kites
|Top TOP Level Kite Makers||1||Naish (Germany)||4.9|
|Top mid-range kite makers||1||Liquid Force (USA)||4.9|
|2||Ocean Rodeo (Canada)||4.8|
|Top Cheap Kite Makers||1||Advance (UK)||4.7|
|2||Concept Air Caution (Canada)||4.6|
Top TOP Level Kite Makers
Premium quality kites are the most durable, reliable, them Athletes use in training and competition.
Despite the affordable prices, the kites of the German company Naish belong to the premium class. Robbie Nash himself, founder companies engaged in the development of a flying dome with orientation not for profit, but for the comfort of athletes. He is experimenting with forms, distribution, the result is kites with one of the best features in the segment, they are preferred professionals all over the world. Each new dome tests itself creator, making adjustments to the design, if necessary, from Model to model improving aerodynamics and maneuvering performance. IN Naish collections for beginners, universal athletes, domes for specific sports, wind power.
The universal 7-meter Park kite can be bought on average from 43,000 rubles, models for missile defense will cost more.
- Kites for different skill levels, wind power, sports, weight
- Diverse design;
- Extremely comfortable and ergonomic designs;
- The optimal price of inventory;
- Robust design and quality tailoring.
- Not defined.
CORE is not only a manufacturer, it is a movement of athletes in to the whole world, in every sport where this equipment is used, have their own CORE team. Therefore, in the line of kites there are models for any occasion: for beginners, professionals, for driving around snow and water – for the latter, the largest selection of domes. The manufacturer also offers freeride boards, freestyle, wake style and other related equipment – pumps, hinges and devices for safety. Ergonomic Domes forms are suitable for work with different streams of air.
CORE equipment is predominantly professional, which determines its high price, a kite can be bought from 1000 € (more 70,000 rubles), a small inflatable Xperience model will cost from 140 € (more than 10,000 rubles).
- Professional line of ergonomic kites;
- A complete line of related equipment and skateboards;
- Convenient management.
- High price.
Experienced titled surfer and kitesurfer Pete Carbigna founded own company that develops and produces kites predominantly onion-shaped – this is exactly what is considered best for professional use on the water surface and wave. Since 2016, gliders have been equipped with a unique control system Fireball, convenient for pros and beginners, it is with her athletes on Cabrinha kites began to show the best results on competitions.
Today in the line of the American manufacturer a wide selection of Cabrinha parafoils with Bow profile and other types, including the universal Moto series, Professional Forex, Flip, Contra and Tramp for different sports, and for training and amateur riding is optimal choose the inflatable model Spark.
You can buy a kite starting at 42,000 rubles, the average price professional dome – 65,000 rubles.
- A variety of kites for beginners and professionals;
- Unique dome control system;
- Average prices in the segment.
- On some models, the sharp edges of the cylinders damage the fabric and dome integrity.
The SlingShot line also has water kites. The collection includes products of the classic, delta profile, onion-shaped domes at different distribution. Equipment demanded mainly among amateur athletes, often found in rental beach items.
Collections are updated regularly, but there are few new products. the lack of a professional series does not imply a constant improving aerodynamic properties of gliders. But to the kites You can purchase a surfboard and protective clothing SlingShot. The price of an aircraft is also low – from $ 500 or 35,000 rubles.
- High quality and inexpensive kites;
- Mostly for lovers;
- Convenient management for beginners and non-professionals.
- Lack of professional specialized gliders.
Top mid-range kite makers
In the middle price range you can buy a kite for training or semi-professional competitions.
Liquid Force (USA)
Liquid Force has offices in all countries. the world where kateboarding, surfing, wakeboarding is in demand. Under the brand produces various designs of kates and boards for skiing on water, sand, protective equipment and related accessories.
There are few models in the Liquid Force kite line, but they are various: C-profile, delta, bow, hybrids with comfortable by distribution – the manufacturer focuses on different sports and skill level of athletes. Dome cost average from 50,000 rubles. Boards are more diverse – they are presented in a wide assortment of modifications and design.
Liquid Force is not only a manufacturing company, but also team of professional athletic instructors who help beginners to learn a new sport in almost all resorts and key places of the cateboard world (Germany, France, Australia, USA, Argnetina, Poland, Russia, Tahiti, South Africa, etc.).
- A line of semi-professional kites for beginners and lovers;
- A complete set of related equipment and protective ammunition;
- A team of sports instructors in many countries of the world.
- A poor line of kites.
Ocean Rodeo (Canada)
The brand ranked second in the middle category Ocean Rodeo. The company is based in Canada, where kateboarding and any water sports are extremely in demand due to the proximity of the ocean and mild climate.
Ocean Rodeo kites are inexpensive – you can buy them from 26,000 rubles. Their dome is reinforced with wear inserts at stretch points, equipped with regulating air pressure nets. Management is nothing differs from taxiing features by kites of other manufacturers, to the manufacturer applies instructions to each product with recommendations for use. Ocean Rodeo Collection has boards for surfing, the necessary uniforms, in stores you can also find complete kiteboard kits.
- Reinforced design of each kite;
- Low prices
- Instructions for use with practical recommendations;
- There are ready-made sets of equipment for beginners athletes.
- A relatively small selection of kites.
Flexifoil is a sports company equipment, including inflatable and parafoil kites. Collection includes classic flying domes of the classic C-type, suitable for various sports – skateboarding, kiteboarding and their analogues. For the entry level, the Great Buzz series or Sting, for the average – Sting, for the advanced – Blade, Rage. You can buy a kite from £ 100, it’s only 8,500 rubles, Professional models cost an average of 200-350 pounds.
Flexifoil also manufactures and markets accessories for athletes, clothes, special kites with a set of controls for shooting by camera.
- Classic kites for athletes of all levels;
- Low prices;
- A variety of kite management kits.
- The collection contains only classic kites;
- Average performance, comparative fragility.
Top Cheap Kite Makers
Cheap kites do not differ in high quality of tailoring, for them Manufacturers take inexpensive materials, but meet safety standards. Such devices for riding on the surface of the water ideal for beginners who do not plan to engage in professional sports.
Advance kites are popular among amateur kites, they are suitable for movement on water and snow. The collection has several series: Ikarus +, Cayman, Condor, Snakes Chupa. They are slightly different the form that each athlete is recommended to choose according to own skills.
Ergonomic snakes, they are easy to control. Manufacturer completes them in sets with boards for sliding on water or snow, including also necessary accessories. The average price of the kit is about 55,000 rubles, which is comparable to the price of a kite middle or advanced class.
- Bright design;
- Ready-made kits for skiing in snow and water;
- Optimum quality of tailoring and resistant colors of coatings;
- Reasonable prices.
- Minimal choice of dome shape.
Concept Air Caution (Canada)
Canadian company Concept Air Caution offers a large selection kites for different skill levels of athletes and season: winter Bull, universal Bull, Chewing gum or Smart. The shape of the dome at all kites classic, slightly different modification and distribution, and, of course, size. You can buy them from 750 dollars.
- Bright design;
- Series are designed for masters of different levels;
- Classic universal dome shape.
- The price is somewhat overpriced.
Genetrix inflatable kites with good aerodynamic characteristics for different weather: on a flat profile, with a widened dome, universal design. Everyone has series of bright design, which is difficult not to notice, improved SPS profile management and support system for stream preservation with changes in the intensity of air flow.
Kites are equipped in backpacks with all the necessary attendant paraphernalia, you can buy a set from 48,000 rubles.
- Kites are suitable for medium-sized competitions;
- Quality performance;
- Bright design.
- Only the classic dome shape.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.