Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Cabin filters – air conditioning elements that clean the flow air from harmful impurities. In a modern environmental setting such filters are an integral attribute of the car, because help create a comfortable air environment in the cabin, protecting driver and passenger health from exposure to toxins.
More recently, the hype around the cabin filters was not so is large, and no more than 20 companies were engaged in their manufacture to the world. Today their number has grown by about 5 times, but the standards not everyone can withstand quality. In this regard, the team magazine prepared a rating of the best manufacturing companies cabin filters based on consumer reviews and circle full-time experts. The main evaluation criteria are:
- the cost of a line of dust and carbon filters;
- extensive brand assortment;
- average life of products.
- How to choose a cabin filter
- Which cabin filter to choose: carbon or regular?
- Rating of the best manufacturers of cabin filters
- Knecht MAHLE
How to choose a cabin filter
Choosing a cabin filter for a car is a very complicated process, which does not have benchmarks for standard indicators. because of product specifics, it’s very difficult to identify key characteristics, however, the editors managed to collect for you 9 very important recommendations.
- When choosing a cabin filter, be sure to start from catalog number of the original product. However it is advisable to purchase not originals, but analogues from known manufacturers. Such a choice will not only save well (approximately 50-75%), but will also provide at least high-quality cleaning air for a long time.
- Make sure the filter you purchased is correct installed in the seat. pay attention to density of its fastening and the absence of strong curvature tissue plates. Give preference to models for which elements for strengthening the body in the form of glued corners are provided or plastic (rubber) frames.
- The filter material must have a special processing. The part that is located on the fan side, It is usually exposed to superficial lamination. This is needed for in order to avoid getting lint in the ventilation, otherwise In case they can become a cause of air pollution (and, besides, a powerful allergen), and reduce performance the entire air conditioning system.
- A large box is not always a sign of fake. Many manufacturers intentionally increase the size of packaging boxes, in order to reduce the likelihood of damage to cabin filters when transportation and storage. However many users mistakenly take this precaution as a fact falsification.
- Airflow direction marking – very convenient thing. It avoids the hassle of the wrong installation of the filter. Therefore, we recommend that you give preference to products that are labeled “Top” and “Bottom”.
- Having activated carbon is more than just advertising move. Everyone knows firsthand the benefits of activated coal in the absorption of certain gases, including nitrogen dioxide and hydrocarbon compounds. So if maintaining health is for you – not empty words, – and you are ready to spend a little more money, then we strongly recommend purchasing coal filters.
- The mass of the carbon filter is a very important characteristic. IN in general, the higher its mass, the more activated carbon contain fabric plates.
- When buying a carbon filter, be sure to check packaging integrity. The fact is that the presence of through holes in a paper box or polyethylene can provoke “Exhalation” of a portion of activated carbon due to the creation of air flow. Hence the obviously lower working resource, and possible mechanical damage.
- We strongly do not recommend measuring the filter life in kilometers – with these products, this approach is not works. Their durability is affected by mass. indicators, such as gas contamination and dustiness of locations, by which you have to move around, as well as operating modes air conditioner. According to this logic, the most optimal measure of the resource is the period of work, and, from personal experience, say: average resource any filter (plain or carbon) will range from 9 to 12 months.
Which cabin filter to choose: carbon or regular?
Conventional (anti-dust) filter
+ Low purchase cost
+ Cleans the air of spores, bacteria and flowers pollen – hypoallergenic
+ It is a barrier for large and small garbage
+ Allows the use of a system fan air conditioning when driving through a tunnel or with a simple car in traffic jam
+ Prevents fogging of glasses
– Does not block odors
– Does not trap air toxins
+ Well removes odors and neutralizes volatile toxins
+ Promotes the conversion of ozone to oxygen
+ Provides fine purification of air from harmful substances in almost full volume (95-99%)
+ Similar to conventional filter, prevents fogging of glasses and allows you to use air conditioning in situations of car idle and when driving in “closed” areas dear
– High price
Rating of the best manufacturers of cabin filters
|Rating of the best manufacturers of cabin filters||1||Mann||5.0|
Mann’s Czech Cabin Air Filter is the best in the segment this moment. The company has always been famous for its very high quality. production of elements for cleaning technical liquids and air, so our verdict should not be a revelation. Perfect a combination of performance and price, low scrap and prevalence in the market. However, let’s move on to numbers.
Mann typical dust filter 5.9% – only 0.1% lower than the Russian-Chinese RAF The area of the treatment curtain is 0.206 square meters, and aerodynamic drag varies from 30 to 137 millimeters water column as a resource is depleted. So we have a very accurate analogue of the mentioned element from RAF … but 2 times lower price. A clear first place.
- The optimum ratio of price and quality;
- one of the lowest indicators of dust passage – 5.9%;
- good aerodynamic drag throughout the period operation;
- low level of marriage at work;
- prevalence in Russia.
- not found.
RAF Filter – the very case when the collaboration of Russian and Chinese manufacturers still managed to impose the most serious competition to the strongest global brands. Their cabin filters cannot call budget: 950 rubles on average and the second indicator for high cost after Denso . There are two reasons for this:
Firstly, manufacturers introduced as many as 3 layers into the filter: antibacterial (aka antifungal), coal and anti-allergenic, blocking various pathogens. No wonder that According to the test results, the dust pass by this filter turned out to be the most small: only 5.8%!
Secondly, the average area of the filtering curtains (0.203 square meter) did not become a problem for a good aerodynamic resistance. Contaminated filter resistance value reached 139 millimeters of water, which indicates proper retention of contamination by existing layers.
Abstracting from the high price, let’s say: RAF is a brand, worthy of second place in the ranking.
- lowest dust transmittance (only 5.8% of the total masses);
- the presence of three absorbent layers (antibacterial, carbon, antiallergenic);
- good aerodynamic drag;
- high quality workmanship.
- high price.
German-Bulgarian production Knecht MAHLE presented the auto community has a lot of very high-quality consumables, including cabin filters. According to technical indicators, they are practically identical to Japanese DENSO, as you will see after the above test results, however the European trace makes itself felt (in terms of more stringent quality standards).
The dust pass in the MAHLE filter is on average 8.1% at 0.248 square meters filter curtain area – full compliance with the Asian counterpart, down to the smallest workers parameters. The only difference is aerodynamic contaminated resistance – here it is equal to 97 millimeters water column. Thus, we can conclude that this candidate for the period of full development of the resource looks a little more convincing, and the price is very pleasing to buyers. A clear third place.
- favorable combination of price and quality;
- a small percentage of defects in the manufactured batch;
- 8.1% dust passage;
- optimum area of thin cleaning.
- for its operational conditions – not identified.
DENSO cabin filters can be called “products of the first echelon ”- by those who have overcome the mark of less than 10% of the dust pass (more precisely, 8.1%). They are more expensive than all competitors by rating, but they cope with their functions almost better than others. Middle a price tag of 1200 rubles is another proof of this. True despite on this, according to sales statistics, they are only slightly inferior German brands (Bosch and Corteco).
Surface area of the filter curtain for a standard filter DENSO is 0.248 square meters – the second indicator after Corteco multiplied by a much higher quality filtration. In terms of resistance, everything is also in order (90 millimeters of water contaminated), which leads to free entry air even at the end of the working resource. According to the results of the review, put in the first place the Japanese brand we can not, but fourth place give back with great pleasure.
- ideal air throughput even at heavy pollution;
- large area of the filtering surface;
- 8.1% dust passage;
- optimal workmanship;
- the presence in the range of absorbent carbon filters.
- high price.
Bosch fifth in the ranking due to averaging of all key performance indicators and popular with consumers. True, behind loud statements in the spirit of “100% purification up to removal of microorganisms “traced marketing line: German manufacturers themselves realize that such indicators of their products will not master.
Bosch Standard Cabin Air Filtration Area is 0.244 square meters. This is a lot, but the more interesting that the dust transmittance is large enough and amounted to 11.1%, according to field tests. But certainly pleased with the aerodynamic drag of the filters before and after operation, equal to 30 and 66 millimeters of water respectively. Crowned by an overall high level of product and acceptable price – an average of about 600 rubles in the current market.
- acceptable price;
- the best indicator of air resistance at pollution in the rating;
- extensive filtration area;
- prevalence in the Russian market.
- high dust transmittance (11.1%).
Another German brand that produces air filters stably High Quality. Average cost for products from Corteco comparable to Bosch, as well as a performance balance beyond a slight discrepancy. The brand in question makes a big bet by increasing the filtration area, which lures illegible users to their side. Logically, overstating this parameter should directly affect the quality of cleaning … but the dependence does not work. 0.270 square meters of filtering area passes on average up to 10.9% of dust, which is typical for middle peasants, but in no way for a full rating leader.
But the air flow resistance of the filters Corteco is almost perfect. In clean and dirty conditions this indicator is respectively 30 and 77 millimeters of mercury pillar – against the background of competitors, the company is second only the aforementioned Bosch. Yes, this brand does not present any miracles, however, balance allows him to remain in the number Honored segment leaders.
- high quality workmanship, low reject rate (1% of total number of products);
- good aerodynamic drag in clean and dirty form;
- favorable purchase price;
- large filtering area.
- not the most optimal dust protection parameters, even though large filtration area.
Cabin filter Slovenian production, working qualities which is fully consistent with the declared value. Wait from it does not cost much, as well as to rely on the fact that its resource enough for a year of use. As practice shows, a replacement is better spend at the end of the 8th month, the benefit is that the average market 400 rubles allow you to do this.
From the technical indicators of standard FRAM packet filters 10.6% of the dust passage can be distinguished with 0.198 squares of area working curtain. Not the best result in the ranking, but many still more in demand than rivals. But the pressure air pollution rises from nominal 34 to 100 millimeters of water, slightly making it difficult to feed late stages of operation. Filters look a little worse than their German counterparts, and therefore the seventh place in the rating will be very helpful.
- profitable price;
- balanced flow pressure on the element when it pollution;
- high popularity in the budget segment.
- insufficiently good dust protection;
- reduced intervals for recommended replacement.
Fortech Cabin Air Filters have long established themselves as stable conditioning elements whose resource calculated for 1 year of reliable operation. Today coal models in various types of performance – domestic motorists are increasingly prefer them to the original factory filters.
Due to the variety of assortment, it is very difficult to give an exact characteristic of the brand itself – approximately 80% of users remain satisfied with the result, noting only a slight decrease in strength air flow. According to official research reports curtains take on about 91-93% of the dust – the rest goes into salon. The result against competitors is not bad, if not for one “but”. Being one of the most popular brands, Fortech attracted attention of counterfeit companies actively supplying the market second-rate fakes.
- reasonable pricing policy;
- good quality of the original product;
- a large concentration of carbon filters in stock;
- dust transmittance varies from 7 to 9%;
- increased interchange intervals.
- the presence of fakes in the market in large quantities, which is significantly harms the brand image.
Filtron – Polish manufacturer of filter elements for fuel supply and air conditioning systems whose products enjoys the fame of one of the most budgetary. Assortment of filters includes many variations of dust and coal models – with additional jumpers, stiffeners, increased areas of curtains, segmented, etc.
Filtron Standard Test Sample with an average cost of 210 rubles showed very unexpected verification results: 9.8% dust pass and 117 millimeters of water column pressure contaminated form. True, the intervals between shifts are sometimes not exceed 6-7 months, which ultimately eliminates the benefits and elevates them to the category of conventional models.
- a wide range of cheap filter elements;
- acceptable operating parameters for the entire life cycle.
- mediocre air purification by a number of budget filters (9.8% suspended particulate matter on average);
- the need for more frequent replacements.
AMD is positioned as the company producing the cheapest products, for which competitors really dislike it and adore it users. The average price for their cabin filters is 200 rubles – this is three times cheaper than that of Corteco. However, wonder nothing, especially if you look at the indicators in real operation.
AMD filter surface area is 0.166 square meters, with a dust pass characterized by a coefficient of 17.8%. For comparison, Mann and RAF this figure is only 5.9% – as they say, comments superfluous. But not everything is as bad as it seems at first glance: aerodynamic drag of new AMD filters does not exceed 31 millimeter of mercury. Yes, due to all circumstances it’s impossible to assign a high place to the company, but thanks in large part to low price, it still falls into our rating.
- the cheapest products;
- reference aerodynamic performance of readable filters.
- dust protection efficiency of products is 3 times lower than that of competitors;
- poor aerodynamics of filters in a dirty state;
- small filtration area.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.