Review of the best according to the editors. About the selection criteria. The the material is subjective, is not advertising and is not serves as a guide to the purchase. Before purchase is needed consultation with a specialist.
Angle grinders with battery allow quick strip metal, cut workpieces and grind surface. Thanks to the battery, the operator does not need to monitor the cable, and you can also work at any distance from electrified buildings. Let’s figure out how to choose a cordless grinder and which ones models are considered the best by buyers and experts.
- How to choose a grinder with a battery
- Rating of the best battery grinders
- The best battery grinders
- BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah x2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm
- DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah x2 case, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504RME, 18 V, 125 mm
- DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm
- Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah x1 Box, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504RF, 18 V, 125 mm
- BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
- DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
- Makita DGA504Z, 18 V, 125 mm
- RYOBI R18AG-0, 18 V, 115 mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V
How to choose a grinder with a battery
Before buying, you need to decide what tasks will be used tool. Depending on this attention to the following characteristics:
- Power. In a grinder with a battery, this parameter depends on the supply voltage, which is 12-54 V. What is it the higher, the stronger the angle grinder, as well as the longer its resource for everyday loads. For periodic work in a garage or workshop enough 12 V. If the power tool is often used on the road or in other professional activities, then look for only 18-54 V.
- Battery capacity It happens from 2.0 to 6.0 Ah / h. Than an indicator the more, the longer the grinder will be able to work on a single charge. Time LBM activity lasts from 15 to 35 minutes.
- The frequency of rotation of the disk. Varies from 6,000 to 10,000 rpm Value affects performance.
- Maximum snap size. Indicates diameter drive that will not damage the gearbox with the motor and will be safe Grind or cut on a specific device. Most often in versions with a battery, the diameter does not exceed 125 mm, but it also happens 115 mm
- Weight. There are grinders with a weight of 2 to 3 kg. If a often work at height with outstretched arms, then look for a model take it easy.
- Equipment. The kit can be 1-2 batteries and a charger the device or all of this will have to be purchased separately. Products with a plastic case is easier to store and transport.
- Opportunities. Overload protection will save the engine in in case of overheating or power surges. Shift handle will make the use of a grinder more convenient in difficult conditions. Locking the start key will remove the load from the finger during long works. Soft start allows you to start rotation without jerking and accurately put the disc in place of the cut. Speed adjustment will help to adjust the right amount for cutting soft or hard metals.
Rating of the best battery grinders
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best battery grinders||1||BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah x2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm||20 858|
|2||DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah x2 case, 18 V, 125 mm||22 109|
|3||Makita DGA504RME , 18 V, 125 mm||19,490|
|4||DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm||13 253|
|5||Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah x1 Box, 18 V, 125 mm||11 124|
|6||Makita DGA504RF, 18 V, 125 mm||8 391|
|7||BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm||8 930|
|8||DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm||6,890|
|9||Makita DGA504Z, 18 V, 125 mm||6 100|
|10||RYOBI R18AG-0, 18 V, 115 mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V|
The best battery grinders
Now we go directly to the top 10 grinders with batteries that I liked about their characteristics experts or have a lot of positive feedback from buyers.
BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 4.0Ah x2 L-BOXX, 18 V, 125 mm
The leader in our review is the GWS model from the Bosch brand, which impresses with its configuration. The product is sold in a durable case with handle, two batteries with a capacity of 4.0 Ah / charge device. With intensive use, the operating time from one 18 V batteries is 20-30 minutes. To restore stock energy, it will take half an hour, therefore, changing the battery, you get work all day. The maximum number of revolutions reaches 10000 per minute. The power button and spindle can be here to fix. The Bulgarian weighs 2.3 kg and interacts with discs up to 125 mm. Buyers in reviews like usability a tool and a good case where, among other things, they are placed also silicone glasses.
We considered the model to be the best in reliability. Angle grinder with batteries It serves for a long time and does not break. It withstands everyday stress. for grinding and cutting metal, but the gearbox wears out very much slowly, so no extraneous noise arises. Apparatus lubricated well enough from the factory, so nothing after the purchase No need to finish.
- compact housing design;
- convenient to manipulate in a limited space;
- fast charge;
- rich equipment.
- high price;
- expensive parts.
DeWALT DCG412M2 4.0Ah x2 case, 18 V, 125 mm
In second place is the DCG412M2 cordless grinder. She is for sale with two batteries already, with a capacity of 4.0 Ah. Power from voltage 18 V allows you to accelerate the disk to 7000 rpm. Max diameter equipment should not exceed 12.5 cm. The system is thought out on the case perforated air cooling for longer duration work without overheating. The second handle can be rearranged to the right or the left side of the tool for convenience. The Bulgarian weighs 3 kg. Snap-in replacement takes place with only one key, since The spindle can be locked with the button on top. Owner reviews show that angle grinder is easy to use and “survives” after regular falls.
The feature of this grinder with a battery is the ability speed adjustment. Unlike most competitors, always working at full strength, here you can set the necessary revolutions for specific materials. This will save power batteries and do not overheat the edges when cutting dense workpieces.
- spindle fixing;
- comfortable grip rubberized handle;
- two batteries included;
- random start blocking.
- high price;
- weight 3 kg.
Makita DGA504RME, 18 V, 125 mm
A decent version of the rechargeable angle grinder is at Makita. DGA504RMEavailable with 18 V power and speeds up to 8500 rpm. The size equipment allowed up to 12.5 cm. Bulgarian 2.5 kg weighs. She has fully rubberized main handle. Auxiliary handle has a wide emphasis and is capable of shifting to the left or right side of the case. The device is sold together with two batteries, charging and case. Start key here slider type and is fixed in a predetermined position, which simplifies retention during prolonged manipulation. Battery capacity 4.0 Ah / h for 25 minutes of continuous cutting or grinding. In kit manufacturer puts one grinding wheel. Users in reviews praise the quiet operation of a powerful tool and battery detachment from the handle with one touch. This makes replacement easy, especially when working. on high.
The Bulgarian with the battery got into the review of the best because of the ultra thin main handle. This greatly facilitates retention and even allows, in some uncomfortable situations, to use angle grinders with one hand.
- there is a limitation of inrush current;
- overload protection;
- two-position second handle;
- two batteries in a set.
- high price;
- oak plastic case – if dropped, it may to split.
DeWALT DCG414N 0 box, 54 V, 125 mm
Very popular with buyers is the Bulgarian DCC414N. It is designed for 12.5 cm discs and makes up to 9000 rpm. The main handle is completely coated with anti-slip material and specially narrowed for a comfortable grip. At the bottom of the case a rubber stand is provided to put the angle grinder on the table without scratching plastic. The grinder weighs 2.2 kg. Judging by the reviews, buyers like balancing grinders, ease of adjustment the position of the casing and a quick clamping nut securing the disk. it allows you to unscrew the snap, holding the circle, and tighten a new without using a key. But angle grinder is sold without battery, so you have to to spend more on retrofitting the goods.
The Bulgarian is considered the best in power. With a voltage of 54 V Angle grinder is able to confidently cut carbon steel, stainless steel and cast iron. The gearbox and motor are heated less. One more chip product is an engine brake that helps to instantly stop rotation and move to a new site. It boosts performance and accuracy of actions.
- 3 year warranty;
- overload protection;
- two-position handle;
- engine brake.
- work with only two hands;
- sold without battery;
- no speed control;
- Noises louder than other models.
Metabo WB 18 LTX BL 125 Quick 3.5Ah x1 Box, 18 V, 125 mm
Metabo offers a WB 18 LTX BL grinder with an 18 V battery and 3.5 Ah / h, which lasts for 20 minutes autonomous operation. The kit includes a charger, but is implemented model without a case. The engine can spin up to 9000 rpm The manufacturer has set the inrush current limiting function, which helps to smoothly start the rotation of the snap. Weights grinder 2.6 kg The second handle is endowed with a thick layer of insulation, which reduces the vibration coming into it. A feature of the model is the location of the inclusion slider on the side, and not on top, which very convenient for right-handed people and very uncomfortable for left-handed people.
In addition to useful functions (engine brake, tool change without key, overload protection), the grinder is noteworthy special internal structure containing an air filter. it prevents the penetration of dust into the body through the channels air cooling. We recommend that those who often works in dusty conditions (wall chipping, cutting bricks with a diamond disc, etc.).
- there is a spindle lock;
- battery and charger included;
- battery removal at the touch of a button;
- 9000 rpm
- a bulging down battery interferes with working close to a large surface;
- due to the location of the start key on the side, and not on top, the model is inconvenient for lefties;
- sold without a case.
Makita DGA504RF, 18 V, 125 mm
Another Bulgarian “Makita” with a battery, which is different from the above “older” model complete set. In plastic you will find only one battery with a capacity of 3.0 Ah / h and a charger device. The manufacturer puts the grinding wheel as a gift. Angle grinder suitable for shorter work time autonomy is 15 minutes. This is enough to embed the castle or perform emergency opening of the door. Operating voltage 18 V provides enough power to cut thick metal section 1-2 cm. Customers in the reviews are happy that it is charging the battery in 25 minutes, and the grinder works very softly. A smooth start helps to precisely start the cut in the intended place.
Experts noted the grinder as the best in terms of features adjusting the housing to the needs of the user. Here you can rearrange the gearbox by unscrewing the four screws in any direction (by clockwise or counter), which facilitates access to bottlenecks and improves retention for certain specific conditions.
- smooth start of the motor;
- overload protection;
- comfortable grip;
- grinding wheel included.
- the stator is not protected by additional insulation;
- there is little grease in the gearbox from the factory.
BOSCH GWS 18-125 V-LI 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
The angle grinder operates on a voltage of 18 V and produces 10,000 rpm, of which most analogues from other brands do not. Max size The tooling is 12.5 cm. The grinder weighs 2.3 kg. Change circle it is possible by pressing the red button on the gear, blocking spindle. The emphasis on the additional handle prevents displacement hands to the body from vibration. Airflow channels located on the front of the gearbox, so the dust does not fly into eyes to the operator. Users in reviews like the power of angle grinders and ease of grip. Anti-slip pads increase reliability hold when hands sweat in summer.
We recommend this grinder as a more economical option. getting a professional blue power tool. Model identical to the leader of this review, but has a cost 3 times lower for due to the lack of batteries, charger and case. If you have power source and charging from another Bosch device, and not if you need to transport the tool often, then consider a purchase this model.
- disk rotation speed of 10,000 rpm;
- latching inclusion slider;
- there is protection against overloads;
- ease of holding in sweaty hands.
- sold without battery;
- no smooth start;
- right-handed start button.
DeWALT DCG412N 0 box, 18 V, 125 mm
Another version of a professional cordless grinder from well-known brand in a simpler configuration. Already familiar to us grinder with 7000 rpm and speed control sold without battery and charger, and also does not have a suitcase for storage. The grinder is suitable for working with cutting and grinding diameters 12.5 cm discs. Owners in reviews are satisfied with the correct weight distribution grinders, which at least makes it easier to hold the tool with a weight 3 kg But buyers warn that the optimal balance achieved when installing the battery 4.0 Ah / h. If you put 6.0 A / h, then the back of the grinder will pull down.
In addition to the advantages of speed control, we would like to note grinder as the best for working at height when there is nowhere to put power tool. To give your hand a rest, just lower it her down and loosen the grip. Thanks to the R-shaped handle hangs on fingers, but does not slip out, as is the case with linear handles.
- more affordable price;
- two-position handle;
- rotation speed can be adjusted;
- full rubber handle;
- lockable start button.
- weight 3 kg;
- 40 cm long case is inconvenient for handling on limited space.
Makita DGA504Z, 18 V, 125 mm
The angle grinder operates on a voltage of 18 V and develops 8500 rpm, but speed is not adjustable and rotation is always carried out at maximum power. To set the grinding wheels, you must buy equipment with a landing diameter of the ring 22 mm. Drive launch starts smoothly, so there is no sharp jerk and it’s easy to point grinder exactly at the marked place of the cut. In case of congestion protection is triggered so that the motor does not burn out. The device weighs 2.5 kg. The auxiliary handle has a wide emphasis, excluding transmission heating from the gearbox to the operator. Reviews show that the Bulgarian valued among buyers for its slim grip and ability hold the tool with only one hand during handling.
Our experts liked the battery grinder cover, which has a curved edge on the side of the disc. It will give additional protection against flying scale. In competitors’ models this part of the casing is more even, which increases the risk of organ damage vision or face.
- comfortable slim body;
- You can work with one hand;
- provides a smooth start of rotation;
- there is overload protection.
- 1 year warranty;
- no battery and charging station.
RYOBI R18AG-0, 18 V, 115 mm, RYOBI ONE + 18V
The review ends with a cordless grinder R18AG-0 from Robi. The grinder is powered by an 18 V battery and develops 6500 rpm. You can install discs with a diameter in it 115 mm and landing ring 22 mm. Supplied with angle grinder without battery, but the tool belongs to the Ryobi One + system, so the battery from other devices of this brand will do. On the grinder is provided rubberized button fixing the spindle. You can change the snap keyless. The second handle has a thick coating that reduces transmitted vibration. The start key is made in the form of a trigger and fixed by the second button on top, so randomly run disk rotation is not possible. The device weighs 2.2 kg and is convenient for long grinding on outstretched arms.
The advantage of this grinder is its affordable price, with which other models in this review cannot compete with. Yet auxiliary handle can be installed in one of three positions when most analogues are on-off. Such execution improves the usability of angle grinders in case of stripping or cutting close to a wall, floor, or ceiling.
- protection against accidental start is provided;
- comfortable grip;
- handles are covered with rubber;
- batteries from another tool of the same brand.
- The battery will have to be purchased separately;
- jerks at startup;
- maximum disc diameter loses a little competitors.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not advertising and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before the purchase consultation with a specialist is necessary.